Fast food burgers taste so much better

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.slipknot0129

I dont know man. Nothing in the world smells or tastes better than a char broiled burger from Carls Jr. Hard to make a convincing arguement against that.

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are both the same, it all depends on which side of the Mississippi you are on. Still, homemade is better as you can eat it while it is fresh off the grill. Fast food joints typically take burgers out of warmers, including Carl's Jr.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.slipknot0129

I dont know man. Nothing in the world smells or tastes better than a char broiled burger from Carls Jr. Hard to make a convincing arguement against that.

Dude...real food > fast food every time.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.WhiteKnight77

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are both the same, it all depends on which side of the Mississippi you are on. 

Hardee's? Ew....
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
 *lil b voice* yessssss
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Hard to make a convincing arguement against that.slipknot0129
I could make you one. According to everyone I feed burgers to, they are some of the best they have ever had. The sh!t you buy at a fast food restaurant isn't a burger, it's a piece of greasy meat stuffed in a bun.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.WhiteKnight77

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are both the same, it all depends on which side of the Mississippi you are on. Still, homemade is better as you can eat it while it is fresh off the grill. Fast food joints typically take burgers out of warmers, including Carl's Jr.

I dont like fresh hamburger patties. Doesnt have that signature flavor to me. I guess fast food based their food on flavor and taste. Regular restaurants base their burgers on off the shelf parts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]I dont know man. Nothing in the world smells or tastes better than a char broiled burger from Carls Jr. Hard to make a convincing arguement against that.

slipknot0129

I dont like fresh hamburger patties. Doesnt have that signature flavor to me. I guess fast food based their food on flavor and taste. Regular restaurants base their burgers on off the shelf parts.

Fast food is definitely not about taste....unless you find dry food tasty....
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

slipknot0129

One can make a burger taste any way they want at home. Mix in some Liptons Onion Soup Mix or Worcestershire sauce into the meat before cooking it on a grill where any kind of wood can be used to smoke the meat some to impart flavors, and they are not dried out.

The simple fact is, it usually is the fat in the burger that gives it it's taste and more often than not, fast food burgers are cooked so much that they are dried out hockey pucks with no flavor. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Doesnt have that signature flavor to me.slipknot0129
You mean fat? I make my burgers out of ground steak. They are extremely juicy, but not sloppy like a whopper or whatever. The flavour comes from the meat and the filling/spices, not from the fat dripping off the patty. Like, you don't need condiments or toppings they are so flavourful.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.foxhound_fox

Agreed, that's what I said

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.LJS9502_basic

Dude...real food > fast food every time.

I'd say everything else besides burgers and Panda express is better in a sit down restaurant. Panda express doesnt compare to any asian restaurant ive been to. The Orange chicken and the other stuff are totally better. Fried rice is better in a sit down asian restaurant though.

Burgers are one of those things any restaurant can put together easily. Other food has a much broader spectrum in how they are made in a sit down restaurant.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#62 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Gross
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.solidruss

Agreed, that's what I said

As have I. 

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I prefer my own handmade burgers over Fast food burgers, granted I do have one once in awhile.
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
I like fast food burgers more than the traditional.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
It seems that in every thread about fast food I learn about a new fast food place. There must be hundreds in America.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 WhiteKnight77

It seems that in every thread about fast food I learn about a new fast food place. There must be hundreds in America.PernicioEnigma
If you mean different stores/restaraunts with the same name, yes, they are chains after all. If you mean non-chain fast food places, then yes too, they are what we refer to as Mom & Pop restaraunts and often offer more than just burgers. 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Learn to cook and increase your standards

Firmaments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Firmaments
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

Id say everything else besides burgers and Panda express is better in a sit down restaurant. Panda express doesnt compare to any asian restaurant ive been to. The Orange chicken and the other stuff are totally better. Fried rice is better in a sit down asian restaurant though.

Burgers are one of those things any restaurant can put together easily. Other food has a much broader spectrum in how they are made in a sit down restaurantslipknot0129

Sounds like you've never gone to a GOOD Chinese restaurant. I'll give it to you, Panda Express is better than a lot of Chinese sit-down restaurants, but good Chinese restaurants blow Panda Express out of the water. 

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

In Texas there's this place called "what-a-burger" they're pretty kewl.

DSCF0145.JPG

Whataburger_Texas_Treasure.jpg

WhiteKnight77

This is the original What-A-Burger and it isn't in Texas and has better bugers than the chain does. 

Original What-A-Burger

You've eaten at both?

And it's "original" by months. Both the Texas Whataburger and that What-A-Burger were opened in 1950.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

It depends on where the burger is from. A well-prepared burger, either at home or at a restaurant, is so much better. For example, there is a local restaurant here, Burgatory, and their burgers are amazing. Easily some of the best I've ever had. Fast food burgers are too greasy and bland. 

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Back when I had a charcoal grill, I'd make my own burgers. Those kicked ass.

I now live 26 stories high, and therefore it'd be illegal for me to have a charcoal grill...so now I just don't get burgers :/

Fast food burgers are complete crap compared to home made.

I should add that I absolutely cannot even stand to be near a mcdonalds, the smell of the place is revolting.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

In Texas there's this place called "what-a-burger" they're pretty kewl.

DSCF0145.JPG

Whataburger_Texas_Treasure.jpg

BMD004

This is the original What-A-Burger and it isn't in Texas and has better bugers than the chain does. 

Original What-A-Burger

You've eaten at both?

And it's "original" by months. Both the Texas Whataburger and that What-A-Burger were opened in 1950.

Yes, I have eaten at both. The one I posted is on Jefferson Ave in Newport News, VA. I used to go to intermediate school (Jr. High) just down the street from it. They make their burgers while you wait, just like 5 Guys and Steak 'n' Shake. They have big burgers like 5 Guys does. Also, how would I know if one was better than the other if I hadn't eaten at both? ;)

Yeah, the chain tried to sue and the court sided with the original. If there were more of the VA store, I think the outcome could have been different with the Texas chain losing the name. 

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 WhiteKnight77

Back when I had a charcoal grill, I'd make my own burgers. Those kicked ass.

I now live 26 stories high, and therefore it'd be illegal for me to have a charcoal grill...so now I just don't get burgers :/

Fast food burgers are complete crap compared to home made.

I should add that I absolutely cannot even stand to be near a mcdonalds, the smell of the place is revolting.

Andrew_Xavier

Go get a small grill, go to a park. Make hamburgers. Win? 

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Fast food is so underrated. Sure, nutritional quality is sh*t, but it's an enjoyable meal to have once in a while.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#76 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

I've been hooked on these for the last 4 days:

The Pretzel Bacon Cheesburger from Wendy's... so good. I get the double tho... cuz i need the extra pounds.

And you know whats great? it actually looks like the on in the picture in real life.

Hallenbeck77

It's not too bad--tried it last week, but it's WAY too greasy.

You could've just had bad luck. I know that when I was working at McDonalds, I would occasionally grab the meat with my gloves instead of the tongs or whatever and every now and then my gloves would cover a burger or two in grease because of that.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I love the large square burgers that Wendy's has. :DAquat1cF1sh

That has to be the worst "burger" on the market.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

Original What-A-Burger

WhiteKnight77

You've eaten at both?

Yes, I have eaten at both. The one I posted is on Jefferson Ave in Newport News, VA. I used to go to intermediate school (Jr. High) just down the street from it. They make their burgers while you wait, just like 5 Guys and Steak 'n' Shake. They have big burgers like 5 Guys does. Also, how would I know if one was better than the other if I hadn't eaten at both? ;)

Yeah, the chain tried to sue and the court sided with the original. If there were more of the VA store, I think the outcome could have been different with the Texas chain losing the name. 

I read just the opposite. I read they are both chains. Secondly, the courts ruled the Texas Whataburger had a legitimate trademark, but said the What-A-Burger from Virginia didnt harm the Texas Whataburger's brand, so the Virginia What-A-Burger would be allowed to keep its name.
Jethawk11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jethawk11
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

No. I'll admit, I do enjoy eating fast food, but when it comes to quality and flavor, homemade easily trumps it, and burgers are no exception.

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Umami Burger trumps them all. Hands down. If you are lucky enough to have been to a Public School, then those trump Umami Burger.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#81 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

The hell do you live where that's even possible?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I think fast food burgers taste so much better than a traditional burger. At Carl Jr's or Mcdonalds they make the best burgers I think. White Castle is also good. Do you like fast food burgers better than a traditional burger?

Its just that signature smell, taste, and texture you dont get out of a traditional burger. I avoid non fast food burgers at all costs. Like last night I made sloppy joes while everyone else ate hamburgers.

slipknot0129
I'll accept the possibility that fast food burgers taste better than YOUR burgers, but that doesn't mean that fast food burgers are good.
Avatar image for Allenmorgan1234
Allenmorgan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Allenmorgan1234
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts
being a health conscious i don't support any form of the fast food no matter whatsoever it is ..
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
being a health conscious i don't support any form of the fast food no matter whatsoever it is .. Allenmorgan1234
If you really cared that much about health, you'd care less about the fact that it's a fast food burger and more about the fact that we're talking about goddamn hamburgers. A fast food burger is a burger. A fast food chicken leg is still a chicken leg. A fast food salad is still a salad. How fast or slow it is has very little to do with how healthy it is. The main thing to consider is WHAT it is.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

mcdonalds cheese burgers are my favorite by far, no competition

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#86 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

fast food burgers for me.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

dumb question.

their are far to many variables to make a decision.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Well yeah, but.. homemades are the best.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

I would've said that I enjoyed fast food burgers over traditional burgers, but that was before I started ordering them medium rare.

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

To me, they are two totally different things.

fast food is cheap and tosic and great.

traditional burgers are a proper meal.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

My top 3

The giant from quick (europe)

001.gif

The Mc deluxe from mc donalds (europe)

McDeluxe.jpg

3. The bicky burger

10111-0000000120330.jpg

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
[QUOTE="Allenmorgan1234"]being a health conscious i don't support any form of the fast food no matter whatsoever it is .. MrGeezer
If you really cared that much about health, you'd care less about the fact that it's a fast food burger and more about the fact that we're talking about goddamn hamburgers. A fast food burger is a burger. A fast food chicken leg is still a chicken leg. A fast food salad is still a salad. How fast or slow it is has very little to do with how healthy it is. The main thing to consider is WHAT it is.

Agreed, I always find it amusing when people on this site claim that when they make a burger they make sure it's a healthy burger. Aside from making a vegetarian burger or turkey burger you won't be making a healthy one because beef contains a lot of fat.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I like 5 Guys hamburgers... are those considered fast food?

8fab28f5c493a3ae6d0c4ffab4f792a7.jpg?ito

God, that looks good.

BMD004
They are in fact delicious...mmmm. With that said I don't think fast food burgers (and I do consider five guys quazi fast food) to be the best. There's local run places by me that ground their own fresh meat and make burgers that are frankly amazing.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

I like 5 Guys hamburgers... are those considered fast food?

8fab28f5c493a3ae6d0c4ffab4f792a7.jpg?ito

God, that looks good.

Renevent42

They are in fact delicious...mmmm. With that said I don't think fast food burgers (and I do consider five guys quazi fast food) to be the best. There's local run places by me that ground their own fresh meat and make burgers that are frankly amazing.

I don't really get the love for Five Guys tbh, don't get me wrong I think they are decent I just don't understand why they seem to be so highly revered. To me Steak and Shake is far better.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
I've had Steak and Shake, IMO not only are the burgers at Five Guys better so are the fries.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Fast food burgers are pretty bad. I very much prefer a real hamburger.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I like fast food burgers. They're cheap and tasty.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I like fast food burgers. They're cheap and tasty.

SirWander
I like em too but they are very bad for your health, they make you fat fast. I lived a couple of years close to a mcdonalds and I gained 40 pounds
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#99 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

You're doing it wrong. 

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Until I have a burger homemade that changes my mind... I agree with you TC. Every time I go to either someone's house or a place that has the best burgers I end up leaving disappointed. They claim that so and so can't cook and when you try my burger you will think twice before going to McDonalds. Nah. Fast food ones might not be healthy for me but I rather eat no burgers at all compared to what some people have offered to me. I might not be just a huge fan of burgers in general unless we go to a place that mainly sells burgers I don't buy any.