Does religious bigotry bother you at all?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
Yes.
Joker4ever1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Joker4ever1290
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikdum"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Atheism is the same way. the_plan_man

Not really, to be an atheist simply means you are anti-theist; or just against religion. There isn't really much else to it. Religion is completely based around people. History shows it.

Not all athesits are anti-theists, though. They don't all despise religion, just all the ones who post here do. :P

Don't judge everyone who chooses to use their brain vs. believing in something that doesn't exist ok? And for the record I think I speak for a lot of atheists on this board when I say we don't oppose religion but we do have a problem with the bible thumping christians that are trying to shove things down our throats. Face it religious people are just a lot crazier than non-religious people are. You don't seemany atheists screaming on the top of their lungs about something violent do you now? Crazy christians on the other hand.... You get the rest.

nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts

Regardless of whether God is real or not, why would anyone want to follow a religion anyway?

Every religious system that's been introduced to me hasn't sounded very enticing at all. I have to yet to see one that's made me think "Yes! This is the one I want to be a part of". Instead, they've all made me think "Man, that's kinda gay".

If it was cooler, maybe I'd consider it. For example, if Jesus could spin webs, I'd be sold. So yeah, I don't understand why people are attracted to it. Poor taste perhaps? Non-belief seems like the more attractive option.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Regardless of whether God is real or not, why would anyone want to follow a religion anyway?

Every religious system that's been introduced to me hasn't sounded very enticing at all. I have to yet to see one that's made me think "Yes! This is the one I want to be a part of". Instead, they've all made me think "Man, that's kinda gay".

If it was cooler, maybe I'd consider it. For example, if Jesus could spin webs, I'd be sold. So yeah, I don't understand why people are attracted to it. Poor taste perhaps? Non-belief seems like the more attractive option.

Nicksonman

Because following a religion = good person = spiritual/emotional health and all that = going to heaven

You want a spider for a God? That's not too off base from anything else I guess :P