Do You Think Good And Bad People Have Different Eternal Destinies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#501 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts

And now we take another loop back to what I previously stated; destiny being decided by chance or not is an opinion, not fact.

My opinion is that the Christian god doesn't exist while your opinion states that such a god does exist. Neither opinion is 100% correct so do not be arrogant to believe that God undeniably exists.

-Jiggles-

Hmmm, logic games.

Well, then, using your logical deduction, your statement "destiny being decided by chance or not is an opinion, not fact." is an opinion, not fact. As a result, it is not to be used as absolute truth as in your last post, and cannot be used as support for a rebuttal. If you can tout your opinions as 100% fact, remind me why I can't tout monotheistic Christianity as 100% fact, again?

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#502 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

And now we take another loop back to what I previously stated; destiny being decided by chance or not is an opinion, not fact.

My opinion is that the Christian god doesn't exist while your opinion states that such a god does exist. Neither opinion is 100% correct so do not be arrogant to believe that God undeniably exists.

mrcong

Hmmm, logic games.

Well, then, using your logical deduction, your statement "destiny being decided by chance or not is an opinion, not fact." is an opinion, not fact. As a result, it is not to be used as absolute truth as in your last post, and cannot be used as support for a rebuttal. If you can tout your opinions as 100% fact, remind me why I can't tout monotheistic Christianity as 100% fact, again?

There is no such thing as "logic games," to start, unless somebody simply using the premise of logic in an arguement is a ploy of deception or illusion to you, which it certainly is not.

Going by the extended logic that you're trying to counter me with, if such were an actuality, then nothing in this world would be factual. We wouldn't know if we existed or not because it's not 100% confirmed that we are human, that the sky is blue, that we eat food in order to survive, etc. The idea you're building this arguement off is that, if something is not 100% proven, it is not a fact. Again, if such were the case, then nothing we ever see, feel, smell, hear, touch or taste would be definable, since everything is bound to change due to such a narrow margin of error (in fact, no margin of error at all).

Science works off the ideas that something is proven factual through experimentation and evidence supporting such ideas. If you know much about the use of scientific notation and how many calculations are rough estimates and not always precise, you would know that nothing in science is 100% correct. We only accept things as fact, such as gravity or the existance of cells, because we have an enormous amount of evidence providing proof that such aspects of life are real.

As for the topic at hand, "destiny being decided by chance or not is an opinion, not fact" is a fact, because the universal definition of the words fact and opinion support my answer with no conflicting evidence currently present, since the premise that I previously stated the quote upon was from an opinion-based matter. Until you give me direct evidence dictating that "destiny being decided by chance or not as an opinion, not fact" is an opinion, then my current position stands.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

Ah hello Crush. So now that I've converted you to Mormonism will you revoke your leadership of the Christian Witness Union?domatron23

I think a more appropriate question that must be answered first, is this. Since you are now evangelizing for Mormonism, are we to assume that you have renounced atheism? Does this mean that you will you now leave the atheism union, or at least disclose your new belief? Just wondering...

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 blackregiment
[QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

Whether destiny should be decided by chance or not is an opinion, not a fact.

-Jiggles-

We are not debating whether destiny should be decided by chance, my friend. I am telling you what God says-that our eternal destiny is decided by one thing, whether or not we trust in Christ's sacrifice to wipe away our inherent sin nature that is deserving of the hellfire. Whether or not you think destiny is decided by chance is irrelevant, the fact is that you have to make a choice: God's grace, or God's judgement.

There is far more evidence for the existence of God that for his non-existence.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#505 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Ah hello Crush. So now that I've converted you to Mormonism will you revoke your leadership of the Christian Witness Union?blackregiment

I think a more appropriate question that must be answered first, is this. Since you are now evangelizing for Mormonism, are we to assume that you have renounced atheism? Does this mean that you will you now leave the atheism union, or at least disclose your new belief? Just wondering...

Swing and a miss.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 blackregiment
[QUOTE="son_of_Nephi"][QUOTE="domatron23"][QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="domatron23"]

Do you not wish to reside with God and Jesus Christ?

domatron23

I'm fairly certain that Crush is very concerned about that because he knows that The Book of Mormon is the true inspired word of God. As a result, he believes in the three "levels" on heaven and since he knows that The Bible is a false doctrine based on a cult, such a doctrine can be discarded.

Don't take me seriously mrcong I'm playing around. Although there is some point to what I have been doing, we'll see if Crush (or yourself) can work out what that is.

Biblical Christianity is not Mormonism. They hold many beliefs that are contrary to Joseph Smith's revelation.

Hello Black. Surely you know what I'm trying to accomplish here with all of these ridiculous antics.

Sure I do. You are doing the same thing you often complain that Crush is doing. In the Bible there is a term for that.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Ah hello Crush. So now that I've converted you to Mormonism will you revoke your leadership of the Christian Witness Union?domatron23

Swing and a miss.

Maybe in your opinion but right on in mine.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
I think so. But no one really knows for sure.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 domatron23
[QUOTE="domatron23"][QUOTE="son_of_Nephi"][QUOTE="domatron23"][QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="domatron23"]

Do you not wish to reside with God and Jesus Christ?

blackregiment

I'm fairly certain that Crush is very concerned about that because he knows that The Book of Mormon is the true inspired word of God. As a result, he believes in the three "levels" on heaven and since he knows that The Bible is a false doctrine based on a cult, such a doctrine can be discarded.

Don't take me seriously mrcong I'm playing around. Although there is some point to what I have been doing, we'll see if Crush (or yourself) can work out what that is.

Biblical Christianity is not Mormonism. They hold many beliefs that are contrary to Joseph Smith's revelation.

Hello Black. Surely you know what I'm trying to accomplish here with all of these ridiculous antics.

Sure I do. You are doing the same thing you often complain that Crush is doing. In the Bible there is a term for that.

Hypocrisy?

You're very close but not quite there, what I am doing is not strictly identical to what Crush does. One more element needs to be touched upon.

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 -Jiggles-
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

blackregiment

We are not debating whether destiny should be decided by chance, my friend. I am telling you what God says-that our eternal destiny is decided by one thing, whether or not we trust in Christ's sacrifice to wipe away our inherent sin nature that is deserving of the hellfire. Whether or not you think destiny is decided by chance is irrelevant, the fact is that you have to make a choice: God's grace, or God's judgement.

That is because it is impossible for science to study and experiment with supernatural entities or things that are unable to be examined in the physical world, such as if luck exists or not, etc.

And this "evidence" that you speak of that promotes the existance of your god isn't evidence at all, since it cannot be tested by science. It is purely speculation, coincidence or a figure that our human minds want to believe. Unless you are refering to such evidence as scriptures in the Bible or ancient documentations, which revolve mostly (if not entirely) around faith, then by all means, believe in what you want.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

-Jiggles-

That is because it is impossible for science to study and experiment with supernatural entities or things that are unable to be examined in the physical world, such as if luck exists or not, etc.

And this "evidence" that you speak of that promotes the existance of your god isn't evidence at all, since it cannot be tested by science. It is purely speculation, coincidence or a figure that our human minds want to believe. Unless you are refering to such evidence as scriptures in the Bible or ancient documentations, which revolve mostly (if not entirely) around faith, then by all means, believe in what you want.

Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God. In addition to that, there are hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that also confirm the truth of God's revelation.

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 -Jiggles-
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="mrcong"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

blackregiment

Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God.

Care to share a (unbiased) link or two on these so-called "discoveries" then? Because it is impossible for science to prove the existance of something that cannot be physically studied, such as the Christian god. If you insist that such discoveries exist, however, then enlighten me on the matter.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

Hope cannot change your eternal destination.
Jesus Christ is all that can. Unless your sins are covered by His Blood which He shed on the Cross of Calvary, a devil's hell is your home.
The Scriptures are very clear on this.Crushmaster

I'm sorry but things like that are exactly why I no longer follow the Christian faith. I just cannot follow something with no hard evidence. I mean, what makes you sure God exists and that Jesus was his son?

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
Is it possible for God to have human-like qualities?
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 -Jiggles-

Is it possible for God to have human-like qualities? Shad0ki11

The Christian god is omnipotent, so yes, it is possible for him to have human-like qualities.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 Shad0ki11

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Is it possible for God to have human-like qualities? -Jiggles-

The Christian god is omnipotent, so yes, it is possible for him to have human-like qualities.

Does he have a full set of human emotions?

Does he have a human-like mind?

How humanoid is God supposed to be?

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 -Jiggles-
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Is it possible for God to have human-like qualities? Shad0ki11

That is unknown to me, just like it is to every other human on Earth.

Being that he's omnipotent, however, one would assume that he has all of these traits.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#518 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Is it possible for God to have human-like qualities? Shad0ki11

How about checking out... the Bible. It answers all three.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Shad0ki11

Aren't you Catholic or are you playing the devil's advocate?

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 Shad0ki11

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Genetic_Code

Aren't you Catholic or are you playing the devil's advocate?

What does that have to do with anything?

I can be Catholic and play devil's advocate at the same time.

I'm trying to get people to think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Shad0ki11

You asked a question and I wasn't sure if you already knew the answer or if you were actually curious. I can't read minds.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Genetic_Code

You asked a question and I wasn't sure if you already knew the answer or if you were actually curious. I can't read minds.

Oh. Okay. Gotcha. ;)

For a moment I was getting the feeling you were going to try to use one of those against me...somehow.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
Jesus Christ is all that can. Unless your sins are covered by His Blood which He shed on the Cross of Calvary, a devil's hell is your home.
The Scriptures are very clear on this.Dark_Knight6

I'm sorry but things like that are exactly why I no longer follow the Christian faith. I just cannot follow something with no hard evidence. I mean, what makes you sure God exists and that Jesus was his son?

I know because I have been changed.:) And Jesus is the Son of God - as it says so in God's Word, the Bible.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts
I think so. But no one really knows for sure.kingdre

We can know, though.:) God has revealed it to us in His Word. Look:
(John 3:3) - "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
How is one born again? We can turn to Romans 10:8-10 for the answer:
(Romans 10:8-10) - "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 domatron23

Hello Crush.

Say were you convinced by that peice of Mormon evangelising I pulled earlier?

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#527 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God. In addition to that, there are hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that also confirm the truth of God's revelation. Qooroo

Can you provide examples of said fulfilled prophecies? Excluding those where the only evidence that they were fulfilled is found in the Bible which are, for painfully obvious reasons, inadmissable in this context.

The destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 as predicted by Jesus is a pretty good one, I think. ~ de arimasu

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God. In addition to that, there are hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that also confirm the truth of God's revelation. Qooroo

Can you provide examples of said fulfilled prophecies? Excluding those where the only evidence that they were fulfilled is found in the Bible which are, for painfully obvious reasons, inadmissable in this context.

I do not accept your premise that the Bible is "inadmissible", The Bible is one of the most historically accurate of ancient texts. There have been hundreds of archaeological discoveries that confirm people, places, and events listed in the Bible and not one single historical discovery that disputes the Bible. Luke is acknowledged as a first rate historian of the highest order by even secular historians. Here is some information for you.

http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/prophesy.html

http://www.100prophecies.org/
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 blackregiment
[QUOTE="cfamgcn"]

[QUOTE="Qooroo"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God. In addition to that, there are hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that also confirm the truth of God's revelation. Qooroo

The destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 as predicted by Jesus is a pretty good one, I think. ~ de arimasu

I suppose I should have clarified that events that predate the writing of the Bible also don't hold water.

All of the books of the Bible were completed between 55AD and 65AD.

Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

I believe that, with work, a bad person can become a good person.

But that doesnt mean that a murderer can up and say "Okeydoke, Ima christian! Lets go Heaven!"

And be home free, theres gotta be some form of payment required for stealing someones life!

I believe that if a bad person truly changes into a good person, they will do whatever they can to repent and make up for their past.

However, A bad person isnt born bad, a bad person is a product of his environment and his mental state, or will, which can also be influenced by his heritage. Not one or the other, but both. A good person can have a mental disorder from his family tree and so be easily pushed to do something bad by his environment and become a bad person. But a disabled person can also be a good person by being protected from influences that could lead to them doing something or becoming Bad. But both of the above factors still apply, a good person with a lot of willpower can become a bad person if they are exposed to an equal or greater corrupting force.And a Bad person who is corrupted enough can also be changed if they are exposed to an equal or opposite force of Good.

and the only "Gray" area on the Black and White is innocence, not having enough experience to be on one side or another, but as soon as the mind is developed enough to find a position on one side or another, it can never return to that place where there is neither good or bad. Because the "Gray" isnt Good or Bad, its just blank, its not white or black, its empty until the world starts to fill the blank with ideas and good or bad.

Feel free to quote, but my names got to go after it in a nice little ~Raok, or a - Raok or even a

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I know because I have been changed.:) And Jesus is the Son of God - as it says so in God's Word, the Bible.Crushmaster

Thats my problem. "The Bible," thats all I ever hear. How can you know for sure that the Bible is even truly God's word?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
The Scriptures are very clear on this.Dark_Knight6

There is more evidence for the resurrection of Christ than any event in ancient history,

"Dr. Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University, was one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived. He wrote the famous legal volume entitled, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, considered by many the greatest legal volume ever written. Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated:

"it was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."
(Simon Greenleaf, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice, p.29).

Greenleaf concluded that according to the jurisdiction of legal evidence the resurrection of Jesus Christ was the best supported event in all of history!

And not only that, Dr. Greenleaf was so convinced by the overwhelming evidence, he committed his life to Jesus Christ!"

source: Evidence that demands a verdict,

Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]I know because I have been changed.:) And Jesus is the Son of God - as it says so in God's Word, the Bible.Dark_Knight6

Thats my problem. "The Bible," thats all I ever hear. How can you know for sure that the Bible is even truly God's word?

Sometimes I feel the same way, I just look at the Bible and say, "does that sound like a Divine Being of Good?" If so, then thats cool! It doesnt ever really not sound good, they had a lot of time to write this stuff down, and its been translated so much. But the basics are still there, the things that teach us good from bad, and tell us how to be a good person. Theyre all still in the Bible, even if the narrator has changed a bit.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]I know because I have been changed.:) And Jesus is the Son of God - as it says so in God's Word, the Bible.Dark_Knight6

In addition to the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies found in the Bible, consider this.

The entire Bible is the inerrant, inspired, preserved, revelation from God of Himself, His interaction with and plan of salvation for His creation with Jesus Christ as the central revelation.

The Bible is composed of 66 separate books, written over approximately 1,600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors, from all walks of life, written in three different languages, on three different continents, all in perfect agreement and revealing a consistent message, the path to salvation in Jesus Christ. The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 65 AD.

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people in the same room or on the same internet thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Bible is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word. Anyone can pick a verse out of the Bible and try to discredit it but when one openly and honestly looks at all of the evidence for the truth of the Bible in its entirety, only one that chooses to remain in rebellion to the Lord will reject it. It has been said, even by secular psychologists, that if one studies the Sermon on the Mount, in the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of Matthew, the excellence of the wisdom, guidance, and life lessons of the words and teachings of Jesus in just those verses, surpasses the totality of all advice ever written in the history of man by all psychologists and sociologists that ever lived. Many concede that if all the advice ever written by those experts were condensed down, into one document, the wisdom for living in Jesus' teachings would dwarf them in significance. This is overwhelming evidence for the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible as well as the divinity of Christ.

In the Old Testament

The books of Law reveal the foundation for Christ the Messiah

The historical books reveal the preparation for Christ the Messiah

The books poetic books aspire to Christ the Messiah

The books of prophecy reveal the expectation of Christ the Messiah

In the New Testament

The Gospels reveal the historical manifestation of Christ the Messiah

The Acts reveal the propagation of Christ the messiah

The Epistles reveal the interpretation of Christ the Messiah

Revelation reveals the consummation of all things in Christ the Messiah

God has not revealed His entire plan and everything regarding the natural world to man. Man could not possibly comprehend it with our finite mind. He has revealed what He, as our Creator, wants us to know.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]not one single historical discovery that disputes the Bible.Qooroo

Evolution. The age of the Earth.

Sorry but the age of the earth is not given in the Bible and evolution is a theory based on speculation. Come back and we can talk when scientists create matter, energy, spacem, and time from nothing and life from non-living chemicals.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Qooroo"][QUOTE="cfamgcn"]

[QUOTE="Qooroo"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]Actually you are incorrect on that. Many scientific discoveries in astrophysics, cosmology, biology, chemistry, etc, point to the existence of a supremely intelligent creator God. In addition to that, there are hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that also confirm the truth of God's revelation. Qooroo

I suppose I should have clarified that events that predate the writing of the Bible also don't hold water.

All of the books of the Bible were completed between 55AD and 65AD.

We have no Biblical manuscripts that predate the 2nd century AD and, even that, they're pretty fragmentary. In which book is this prophecy found?

You better do a little study on the dead sea scrolls. Prophecy is recorded throughout the Bible. I can see you didn' t spend much time reading the links I gave you. You do not want the truth, You simply want to try and refute anything that is put forth based on your pre-determined secular worldview.

Take that tact if you wish, God gave you a free will to do so, but you do so at the risk of eternal separation from God.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="Qooroo"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]not one single historical discovery that disputes the Bible.Qooroo

Evolution. The age of the Earth.

Sorry but the age of the earth is not given in the Bible and evolution is a theory based on speculation. Come back and we can talk when scientists create matter, energy, spacem, and time from nothing and life from non-living chemicals.

Theologians have used the Bible to reverse-extrapolate the Earth's history according to it and it painfully contradicts scientific evidence. Evolution is a well established, widely accepted scientific theory with a great deal of evidence and validity behind it.

And I fail to see how the inability of science to do these things is evidence of the Bible's historical accuracy.

The failure of scientists to do thise things confirms that origins through naturalism, without a creator God is merely unporove speculation based on a secular worldview.

In regards to the Bible's historical accuracy, do some research. I have. I don't accept the premise that your opinion is any more than just an opinion.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]I know because I have been changed.:) And Jesus is the Son of God - as it says so in God's Word, the Bible.Qooroo

In addition to the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies found in the Bible, consider this.

The entire Bible is the inerrant, inspired, preserved, revelation from God of Himself, His interaction with and plan of salvation for His creation with Jesus Christ as the central revelation.

The Bible is composed of 66 separate books, written over approximately 1,600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors, from all walks of life, written in three different languages, on three different continents, all in perfect agreement and revealing a consistent message, the path to salvation in Jesus Christ. The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 65 AD.

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people in the same room or on the same internet thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Bible is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word. Anyone can pick a verse out of the Bible and try to discredit it but when one openly and honestly looks at all of the evidence for the truth of the Bible in its entirety, only one that chooses to remain in rebellion to the Lord will reject it. It has been said, even by secular psychologists, that if one studies the Sermon on the Mount, in the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of Matthew, the excellence of the wisdom, guidance, and life lessons of the words and teachings of Jesus in just those verses, surpasses the totality of all advice ever written in the history of man by all psychologists and sociologists that ever lived. Many concede that if all the advice ever written by those experts were condensed down, into one document, the wisdom for living in Jesus' teachings would dwarf them in significance. This is overwhelming evidence for the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible as well as the divinity of Christ.

In the Old Testament

The books of Law reveal the foundation for Christ the Messiah

The historical books reveal the preparation for Christ the Messiah

The books poetic books aspire to Christ the Messiah

The books of prophecy reveal the expectation of Christ the Messiah

In the New Testament

The Gospels reveal the historical manifestation of Christ the Messiah

The Acts reveal the propagation of Christ the messiah

The Epistles reveal the interpretation of Christ the Messiah

Revelation reveals the consummation of all things in Christ the Messiah

God has not revealed His entire plan and everything regarding the natural world to man. Man could not possibly comprehend it with our finite mind. He has revealed what He, as our Creator, wants us to know.

One human, divine free, can write a remarkably coherent book, complete with complex setting and history. Tolkein did it. So did Herbert. Just putting that out there...

Pleaseeee! Show me the fulfilled prophecies in those books. Show me the archaeological evidence to support the truth of those books. Were those books written over a 1500 year period by 40 different authors? No. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Re-read what I wrote.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 blackregiment
Well, I'll be back later. I am watching a baseball game. God bless.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 domatron23

Wow, congrats you got TC to go Off topic!

And now i have the really cool chance to tell a TC to bugg off of his own topic so that others can get back on it!

oh wait, were in the off topic discussions, what did I expect...........

I always thought that "Off Topic Discussion Board" Implied that the threads werent about video games and thus, off the normal topics of GameSpot, now I see that it meant that all of the threads inside it are off of their original topics,makes sense now.......

Raok

It's kind of impossible to keep a religion thread fixed on one topic. As the thread gets longer the probability of it degenerating into a evolution/creation screaming contest approaches 1.