Do You Think Good And Bad People Have Different Eternal Destinies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts
One human, divine free, can write a remarkably coherent book, complete with complex setting and history. Tolkein did it. So did Herbert. Just putting that out there... Qooroo

Tolkien and others may have been great authors, but the complexity and detail in their books is positively nothing when compared to the Bible.
In fact, some civilizations which were talked of in the Bible (and were not believed to have been real by secular critics) have been found.
There are many archaelogical findings backing up the Bible.
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts
[QUOTE="Raok"]

Wow, congrats you got TC to go Off topic!

And now i have the really cool chance to tell a TC to bugg off of his own topic so that others can get back on it!

oh wait, were in the off topic discussions, what did I expect...........

I always thought that "Off Topic Discussion Board" Implied that the threads werent about video games and thus, off the normal topics of GameSpot, now I see that it meant that all of the threads inside it are off of their original topics,makes sense now.......

domatron23

It's kind of impossible to keep a religion thread fixed on one topic. As the thread gets longer the probability of it degenerating into a evolution/creation screaming contest approaches 1.

Hey they should make a new Godwins law with that.

"As a topic with a religious sceme gets longer, it rapidly aproaches the point where 2 or more mombers begin argueing over the ideas of Evolutionism, or uh empiricists and Creationism"

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

I'll find out when I die, won't I?

And I am a Christian, but the fact of the matter is that we just don't know, and we never will.

Crushmaster

We do know, because God has revealed it to us in His Word, the Bible.:)

Yes, but if we make God our savior.

It never says we will still be saved if we forsake God and Christ.

The future is unknowable.

Promises can be broken.

Look at these verses:
(John 10:27-29) - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: {28} And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we have eternal life!:) Nothing can separate us from Him if we are His Children.

If you think that's all it takes to get into Heaven, then I suggest you go read the whole entire Bible because only a combination of both faith and works, with 4 vital sacrements mixed in, can get you into Heaven.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

Come on, get real people, evolution takes faith to believe in, just like creationism.

People treat scientist like they are super humans who are all wise, and never make mistakes. Guess how many times scientist have been wrong about assumptions? That is right, too many to count. Plus the theory of evolution constantly changes, so the foundation of those believes are constantly changing. As a man of faith, it takes a lot more faith to believe in inconsistant theories...

Science = observable ; Evolution = religion, a world-view, based on NUMBERS, this athiest said that the numbers prove evolution/big bang... So wouldnt the historic text prove the bible to be true?

Faith isnt completely exclusive to blindness, the christian faith is a bit different, plus a lot of it is observable.

The fact that it is about actual places in time is another thing, how do you disprove that part? If it was just people making up stuff like Tolkien, how is it that those places actually existed, and the fact that it isnt a all happy book for sure. It is not trying to just make up stuff to make people more happy. Well likely you will live a more happy life if you follow it, because it will be hard to fall for a lot of things. But, a lot of people have died just believing.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

And I am a Christian, but the fact of the matter is that we just don't know, and we never will.

abdelmessih101

Promises can be broken.

Look at these verses:
(John 10:27-29) - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: {28} And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we have eternal life!:) Nothing can separate us from Him if we are His Children.

If you think that's all it takes to get into Heaven, then I suggest you go read the whole entire Bible because only a combination of both faith and works, with 4 vital sacrements mixed in, can get you into Heaven.

I have read the entire Bible.
(Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: {9} Not of works, lest any man should boast."
It is God's grace by faith that we are saved. It is not "sacraments" or "being good".
It is only when we are Christians our works matter.
These three verses contain the entire path of salvation:
(Romans 10:8-10) - "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
It is this simple. If we follow these verses, we will be born again, and have eternal life.:)
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

Crushmaster

Promises can be broken.

Look at these verses:

I have read the entire Bible.
(Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: {9} Not of works, lest any man should boast."
It is God's grace by faith that we are saved. It is not "sacraments" or "being good".
It is only when we are Christians our works matter.
These three verses contain the entire path of salvation:
(Romans 10:8-10) - "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
It is this simple. If we follow these verses, we will be born again, and have eternal life.:)

I've got no time now to show you that I am in fact right. You need to be baptized and confirmed, and you need to take part in communion and repentance/confession regularly, and have faith and good works in order to get into Heaven. You're taking a few verses out of context, which is why your claims are incomplete and inadequate.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 abdelmessih101
Oh, and I'll be back later when I have time to show you proof from the Bible. That might take a few days, (possibly longer if I happen to forget), but I'll get around to it when I've got the time.
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#559 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

I've got no time now to show you that I am in fact right. You need to be baptized and confirmed, and you need to take part in communion and repentance/confession regularly, and have faith and good works in order to get into Heaven. You're taking a few verses out of context, which is why your claims are incomplete and inadequate.abdelmessih101

Read John 14:6. That is all you need to enter into Heaven. If you have a relationship with Jesus, all the other things you mention will come naturally because we want to do them, not because we feel obligated to do them. ~ de arimasu

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 Crushmaster

I've got no time now to show you that I am in fact right. You need to be baptized and confirmed, and you need to take part in communion and repentance/confession regularly, and have faith and good works in order to get into Heaven. You're taking a few verses out of context, which is why your claims are incomplete and inadequate.abdelmessih101

How am I taking them out of context?
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

I've got no time now to show you that I am in fact right. You need to be baptized and confirmed, and you need to take part in communion and repentance/confession regularly, and have faith and good works in order to get into Heaven. You're taking a few verses out of context, which is why your claims are incomplete and inadequate.

abdelmessih101

Salvation is through God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Eph 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: itis the gift of God:

Eph 2:9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 2:16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, itis evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 11:6And if by grace, then isit no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if itbe of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

blackregiment

Eph 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: itis the gift of God:

Gal 2:16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, itis evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 11:6And if by grace, then isit no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if itbe of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hmm, I just thought of something. What would happen to a man who is a complete bast *** and *** hole, thief, liar, murderer, etc., who has absolute faith in Christ and firmly believes he will be saved through Christ, so he keeps doing whatever he wants "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."?

Will a devout christian (taking christian to mean "a person who believes in Christ") who is immoral and bad by the bible's standards and pretty much breaks all the rules still get into heaven simply because he firmly believes he will be saved through Christ?

G4m3rF0rL1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#563 G4m3rF0rL1f3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
...we are all just floating around much like a feather. this isan analogy of course but i dont think i have or ever had a pre destined fate . as an example one destiny could involve power and glory (a leadership role on the world stage) would such a destiny be handed to just anyone . of course not . a choice is made to work towards that goal . destiny is a direct result of choice . or your choices make up what destiny is . this would be unique to each individual. so i believe that good and evil people have the same destinies because of the possibility of redemption and corruption ... simply put the good can go bad and vice versa ...
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#564 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

black_cat19

Hmm, I just thought of something. What would happen to a man who is a complete bast *** and *** hole, thief, liar, murderer, etc., who has absolute faith in Christ and firmly believes he will be saved through Christ, so he keeps doing whatever he wants "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."?

Will a devout christian (taking christian to mean "a person who believes in Christ") who is immoral and bad by the bible's standards and pretty much breaks all the rules still get into heaven simply because he firmly believes he will be saved through Christ?

If someone continues to commit the sin and break the Law then they are not truly sorry, therefore if they intend to do it again, instead of being truly sorry and trying their hardest never to do it again, they will not be forgiven and therefore will not be allowed into Heaven. And also if the Holy Spirit is really in your life, you wouldn't commit those sins. If they are a devout Christian, they would not be immoral and they would not be bad, because in that way they would be going against Christ.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

Lansdowne5

If someone continues to commit the sin and break the Law then they are not truly sorry, therefore if they intend to do it again, instead of being truly sorry and trying their hardest never to do it again, they will not be forgiven and therefore will not be allowed into Heaven. And also if the Holy Spirit is really in your life, you wouldn't commit those sins. If they are a devout Christian, they would not be immoral and they would not be bad, because in that way they would be going against Christ.

So do works matter or not? I'm confused now... :?

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

black_cat19

No. But in a sense the two go hand in hand. :)

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

Lansdowne5

Oh wait, I think I got it. If you truly believe you won't do any of those things again, so as long as you repent your past works don't matter, that's the idea right?

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

black_cat19

Oh wait, I think I got it. If you truly believe you won't do any of those things again, so as long as you repent your past works don't matter, that's the idea right?

Yes, that's it. :)

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

black_cat19

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: itis the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, itis evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then isit no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if itbe of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Hmm, I just thought of something. What would happen to a man who is a complete, (profanity removed) thief, liar, murderer, etc., who has absolute faith in Christ and firmly believes he will be saved through Christ, so he keeps doing whatever he wants "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."?

I will attempt to answer your questions. I hope you don't mind but I removed the profanity from your comments. Your comments reflect a common misconception regarding true salvation. True salvation begins with deep sorrow for our sin against God and repentance of our sinful ways. Repentance is a turning away from our sinful ways and is rooted in sorrow and a sincere desire to be obedient to the Lord's will and commands. When one receives true salvation in Christ, the are born again, a new creature in Christ. The old ways are passed away. They are indwelt by the Holy Spirit who will guide them to sanctification through righteousness. This is a life long process. Even saved Christians will slip up and sin occasionally because our flesh has a sin nature, but a true follower of Christ will not go on living a life of intentional sin. If you encounter a person that identifies themselves as a Christian, but is continuing in intentional sin, chances are they are not a true follower of Christ and probably did not receive true salvation. The Bible tells us.

2Co 5:17Therefore if any man be in Christ, heis a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 5:19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 6:1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also inthelikeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Followers of Christ will be obedient to the Lord and you will know tem by their fruits.

Luk 6:46Andwhycallyeme,Lord,Lord,anddonotthethingswhichIsay?

Joh 14:15Ifyeloveme,keepmycommandments.

1Jn 2:4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn 1:6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1Jn 5:1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jn 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1Jn 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1Jn 5:5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Mat 7:16Ye shallknowthembytheirfruits.Do mengathergrapesofthorns,orfigsofthistles?

Mat 7:17Even soeverygoodtreebringeth forthgoodfruit;butacorrupttreebringeth forthevilfruit.

Mat 7:18Agoodtreecannotbring forthevilfruit,neithercanacorrupttreebring forthgoodfruit.

Mat 7:19Everytreethatbringeth not forthgoodfruitishewn down,andcastintothefire.

Mat 7:20Whereforebytheirfruitsyeshallknowthem.

Mat 7:21Notevery onethat saithuntome,Lord,Lord,shallenterintothekingdomofheaven;buthe that doeththewillofmyFatherwhichisinheaven.

Mat 7:22Manywillsaytomeinthatday,Lord,Lord,havewenotprophesiedinthynameandinthynamehavecast outdevils?andinthynamedonemanywonderful works?

Mat 7:23AndthenwillIprofessuntothem,Ineverknewyou:departfromme,ye that workiniquity.

I hope this helps you to understand that true followers of Christ will not continue in a life of intentional sin.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 blackregiment

black_cat19

Truly saved Christians that love and are serving the Lord will manifest good works in their lives. Salvation is through God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, not of works, and then Christians that are saved and serving the Lord will then do good works.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

blackregiment

Truly saved Christians that love and are serving the Lord will manifest good works in their lives. Salvation is through God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, not of works, and then Christians that are saved and serving the Lord will then do good works.

Well said. :)

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

Lansdowne5

Thanks. Top of the day to you!

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 black_cat19
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

blackregiment

Thanks. Top of the day to you!

Yeah, I get it now, thanks. And even though landsowne beat you to it I still read eveything you posted out of politeness, good in-depth explanation. :P

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 blackregiment

Yeah, I get it now, thanks. And even though landsowne beat you to it I still read eveything you posted out of politeness, good in-depth explanation. :P

black_cat19

Lansdowne5 is very knowledgeable on the doctrines of Biblical Christianity. The relationship between salvation and works is an area that can be confusing, even to many Christians. Glad we could help answer your questions. Have a nice day.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

blackregiment

Amen, BR, amen.:)
God bless,
Crushmaster.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 black_cat19
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

Crushmaster

Amen, BR, amen.:)
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Might as well have added "BUMP!!!" to state the obvious, this thread has died at least three times now but someone keeps miraculously rising it from the dead... ¬_¬'