Do You Believe Jesus Christ Rose From The Dead? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1401 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

Let me just say, wherever it is in God's plans that allows innocents to be massacred in genocides like the one in Darfur, I can't see the reason.

chessmaster1989

You cannot blame God for the actions of fallen man. You cannot lay that charge on God. God give us a free will to choose obedience to His moral law or rebellion against it. Your example shows where rebellion and disobedience to God's moral law leads.

Sorry, but I don't accept that a benevolent and omnipotent (casting aside the self-contradictory nature of omnipotence) God would allow thousands upon thousands of innocents to suffer.

So then are you now advocating that God remove man's free will to live in disobedience to His moral law? Sure sounds like it.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1402 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

You cannot blame God for the actions of fallen man. You cannot lay that charge on God. God give us a free will to choose obedience to His moral law or rebellion against it. Your example shows where rebellion and disobedience to God's moral law leads.

blackregiment

Sorry, but I don't accept that a benevolent and omnipotent (casting aside the self-contradictory nature of omnipotence) God would allow thousands upon thousands of innocents to suffer.

So then are you now advocating that God remove man's free will to live in disobedience to His moral law? Sure sounds like it.

When did I ever say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

He's God. He could uproot people suffering and place them in better conditions if he really wanted to. Of course, he would ask them first, to make sure he wasn't "overruling their free will to live under miserable conditions" :roll:.

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1403 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

Y'know, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Why doesn't god just get rid of all free will so we can live in peace and harmony?

Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1404 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

RadBooley

Sure I can! If he's so benevolent and loving, why doesn't he do something about it?

What's the point of there even being a god if he just lets his creations beat the everloving crap out of each other? Some father he is.

So you too are advocating that God should remove man's free will to choose to live in disobedience to His moral law? Interesting.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1405 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

Sure I can! If he's so benevolent and loving, why doesn't he do something about it?

What's the point of there even being a god if he just lets his creations beat the everloving crap out of each other? Some father he is.

So you too are advocating that God should remove man's free will to choose to live in disobedience to His moral law? Interesting.

there is no free will, god is all knowing, he knows the future, he knows the decisions non-christians will make, and they will go to hell, thats unfair

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1406 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

blackregiment
Don't put words in his mouth. He didn't say anything about God wanting man to live in disobedience, but rather the opposite, which was of God to prevent man from doing wrong.
The_Versatile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1407 The_Versatile
Member since 2009 • 820 Posts
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Remove it? We already don't have it.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1408 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

RadBooley

Y'know, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Why doesn't god just get rid of all free will so we can live in peace and harmony?

There are several reasons. First, God does not want robots. He wants us to love and obey Him of our own free will. True love cannot exist without the freedom to not love. In addition, you are thinking in temporal terms, God thinks in eternal terms. This earth we live on is temporary. Our time here is but a wisp of smoke compared to eternity. Our purpose in this life is to know God, obey Him, and draw closer to Him in righteousness, of our own free will. You may think it would be good for God to remove our free will, but there are those don't. If it is such a concern that pain and suffering be eliminated in this world and to accomplish this, God should remove our free will to disobey His moral law, it begs the question why then, don't those that feel that way, submit in obedience to the Lord of their own free will right now?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1409 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

There are several reasons. First, God does not want robots. He wants us to love and obey Him of our own free will. True love cannot exist without the freedom to not love. In addition, you are thinking in temporal terms, God thinks in eternal terms. This earth we live on is temporary. Our time here is but a wisp of smoke compared to eternity. Our purpose in this life is to know God, obey Him, and draw closer to Him in righteousness, of our own free will. You may think it would be good for God to remove our free will, but there are those don't. If it is such a concern that pain and suffering be eliminated in this world and to accomplish this, God should remove our free will to disobey His moral law, it begs the question why then, don't those that feel that way, submit in obedience to the Lord of their own free will right now?

Which, of course, begs the question of why God punishes finite crimes with infinite punishment.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1410 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Genetic_Code

Don't put words in his mouth. He didn't say anything about God wanting man to live in disobedience, but rather the opposite, which was of God to prevent man from doing wrong.

And don't put words in my mouth either. I didn't say that he said that "God wants man to live in disobedience". Where are you coming up with this stuff? :o

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1411 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The_Versatile

Remove it? We already don't have it.

This is true. If there are consequences for our choices, then it is not free will, but a test to see what we choose.

FlyingArmbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1412 FlyingArmbar
Member since 2009 • 1545 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikardur"]And Frodo managed to stop Sauron (who did exist) by tossing the one ring into Mt. Doom (which he did).

Crushmaster

Mount Doom and Frodo do not exist. They were invented in the mind of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Jesus Christ's existenceis confirmed in the Bible, and even in secular historian's writings. He existed, and over five hundred people saw Him after He was resurrected.

BS, Mount Doom and Frodo WERE REAL. So were Gandalf and Saruman.

Their existences were confirmed in the Lord Of The Rings.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1413 chessmaster1989

And don't put words in my mouth either. I didn't say that he said that "God wants man to live in disobedience". Where are you coming up with this stuff? :o

blackregiment

Sorry, but I don't accept that a benevolent and omnipotent (casting aside the self-contradictory nature of omnipotence) God would allow thousands upon thousands of innocents to suffer. blackregiment

I would like to ask the exact same question of you, BR.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1414 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

chessmaster1989

Which, of course, begs the question of why God punishes finite crimes with infinite punishment.

All sin is against God and is infinite, it remains until forgiven in Christ. The price for sin must be paid. The price is eternal separation from God. A just and holy God cannot allow sin into His presence in eternity. Therefore man is eternally separated from God by our sin. That is why Christ died. He bore the sins of those that repent and place their faith and trust in Him. He paid the price Himself for our sin so that we can be counted righteous in God's eyes and be eternally reunited with Him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1415 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

[QUOTE="Genetic_Code"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

From you, believe it or not.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1416 RadBooley

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

All sin is against God and is infinite, it remains until forgiven in Christ. The price for sin must be paid. The price is eternal separation from God. A just and holy God cannot allow sin into His presence in eternity. Therefore man is eternally separated from God by our sin. That is why Christ died. He bore the sins of those that repent and place their faith and trust in Him. He paid the price Himself for our sin so that we can be counted righteous in God's eyes and be eternally reunited with Him.

Here's a stupid question-- why can't god just have another son? :?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1417 blackregiment

chessmaster1989,

You need to fix your post, You have things attributed to me that I did not write. That being said, I will try to explain it again. You brought up the pain and suffering in the world and seem to expect God to "fix it", make it "go away". I stated that in order for that to happen, God would have to remove our free will to choose to disobey Him. Sin is caused by disobedience to God's moral law. God won't do that because He wants us to obey and love Him of our own free will. True love can only exist if we have a free will to choose not to love. As long as man has a free will, there will be those that choose to disobey God and therefore there will be sin, pain, and suffering in the world. You may want that but there are those that don't as evidenced by those that choose right now to live in disobedience to His moral law.

God has already provided a way to reduce sin, pain, and suffering in this world, it is called coming to Christ, serving Him, and living in obedience to Him.

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1418 RadBooley

chessmaster1989,

You need to fix your post, You have things attributed to me that I did not write. That being said, I will try to explain it again. You brought up the pain and suffering in the world and seem to expect God to "fix it", make it "go away". I stated that in order for that to happen, God would have to remove our free will to choose to disobey Him. Sin is caused by disobedience to God's moral law. God won't do that because He wants us to obey and love Him of our own free will. True love can only exist if we have a free will to choose not to love. As long as man has a free will, there will be those that choose to disobey God and therefore there will be sin, pain, and suffering in the world. You may want that but there are those that don't as evidenced by those that choose right now to live in disobedience to His moral law.

God has already provided a way to reduce sin, pain, and suffering in this world, it is called coming to Christ, serving Him, and living in obedience to Him.

blackregiment

For such an all-powerful being, god certainly seems a tad insecure.

What difference should it make if we love him or not?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1419 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

RadBooley

Here's a stupid question-- why can't god just have another son? :?

For what purpose? Christ died once for the sins of all that repent and accept Him. His finished work on the cross is sufficient.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1420 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

chessmaster1989,

RadBooley

So do you think that we should not love God and be thankful for His many blessings, especially His plan of redemption in Christ? Christ died for us while we were yet sinners so that we can live. Do you think God should just let us live in sin and rebellion to him and then reward us for that? We show our love for God in obedience to Him. That is the love God wants from us. Obedience and gratitude.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1422 chessmaster1989

chessmaster1989,

blackregiment

I fixed that post. Just accidentally attributed your quote to me and my quote to you ;).

But, anyway, you missed my point. I argued that there is no reason for God to allow a group of people that is suffering from persecution, to continue suffering. The problem, say, of a dictator systematically murdering a group of people can be solved by moving members of that group (with their permission) to another location. This in no way affects the dictator's free will, since he has not altered the dictator's willingness to inflict harms upon the group.

And, if God exists and thinks that allowing a person to do what he wants by killing thousands of innocents, is more important than preventing the murder of those thousands, then I have absolutely no respect for that God.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1423 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="Genetic_Code"] Don't put words in his mouth. He didn't say anything about God wanting man to live in disobedience, but rather the opposite, which was of God to prevent man from doing wrong.Genetic_Code

From you, believe it or not.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to show me exactly where I wrote that ""God wants man to live in disobedience". I think you will be hard pressed to do that without some esoteric eisogesis.

God want man to live in obedience to Him but gives us a free will to choose to or not to.

Here is but a few of many verses that teach that.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1424 RadBooley

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

chessmaster1989,

blackregiment

So do you think that we should not love God and be thankful for His many blessings, especially His plan of redemption in Christ? Christ died for us while we were yet sinners so that we can live. Do you think God should just let us live in sin and rebellion to him and then reward us for that? We show our love for God in obedience to Him. That is the love God wants from us. Obedience and gratitude.

I think it'd be nice if god made his existance known with real evidence. Why doesn't he just stop by now and then? What's the point of visiting once thousands of years ago? What was so special about that time? Surely he would have foreseen that visiting then and writing the Bible at that time would result in skepticism.

I'm sure the answer will be, that's the point, we're not supposed to be sure, and we love him anyway based on faith.

But geeze, that can be applied to anything and any other diety. Which brings me back to, why is Christianity more valid than all the other religions out there?!

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1425 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

chessmaster1989,

chessmaster1989

I fixed that post. Just accidentally attributed your quote to me and my quote to you ;).

But, anyway, you missed my point. I argued that there is no reason for God to allow a group of people that is suffering from persecution, to continue suffering. The problem, say, of a dictator systematically murdering a group of people can be solved by moving members of that group (with their permission) to another location. This in no way affects the dictator's free will, since he has not altered the dictator's willingness to inflict harms upon the group.

And, if God exists and thinks that allowing a person to do what he wants by killing thousands of innocents, is more important than preventing the murder of those thousands, then I have absolutely no respect for that God.

No, you are missing my point. God is not an emergency swat team, ready to rush in and solve all of the problems in this world cause by rebellion to Him. Eternity with God is paradise, this world is temporary and full of sin, pain, and suffering. God thinks in eternal terms. If you want pain and suffering to be reduced in this world, then you might consider accepting Christ and becoming a missionary. The only way pain and suffering in this world will end is if everyone truly comes to Christ.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1426 blackregiment

Well I have to go it is late. I'll try to answer the other questions later. God bless

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1427 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]I'm not rejecting its accuracy (although I do not believe it to be as accurate as you claim), I'm saying that just because it was inspired by God that doesn't mean that it is infallible. Anything written by man is susceptible to error. Crushmaster

You believe the New Testament is inspired by God? Why don't you believe Jesus was the Christ, then, and that He rose from the dead?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

No, I am saying that one does not have to believe in a bodily resurrection of Christ to be a Christian.

The_Versatile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1428 The_Versatile
Member since 2009 • 820 Posts
For such an all-powerful being, god certainly seems a tad insecure.RadBooley
A tad? :lol: God has more insecurity issues than a zit-covered, overweight, coke-bottle-glasses wearing, teenage fat chick with halitosis.
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1429 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

If you really look into it, the bible actually contradicts itself a lot. And no. I dont believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead. I believe that hewas a good and kind person and lived his lifetrying to help others, but a person with special powers and that is NOTW(not of this world) I think not.

CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1430 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Lol, no.
BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1431 BlackStalker
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts
Hard for someone to rise from the dead when they didn't exist....
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1432 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts
Hard for someone to rise from the dead when they didn't exist....BlackStalker
Oh, Jesus existed alright. There's actually more evidence in favour of his existence than there is in favour of Julius Caeser's. The New Testament manuscripts aside, Josephus, Pliny the Younger, Tacitus, Suetonius, Thallus, and Celsus all wrote about him specifically as a real historical figure.
n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1433 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts

Meh, who cares? I'm more worried about bioshock 2's release date. Even if jesus was real person, why would you devote your life to him when there are so much better, constructive things to do with one's life, like volunteering in africa. Religion doesn't make people better-off, knowledge does, and the credibility of the bible is too little too late, so there!

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1435 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

RadBooley

I think it'd be nice if god made his existance known with real evidence. Why doesn't he just stop by now and then? What's the point of visiting once thousands of years ago? What was so special about that time? Surely he would have foreseen that visiting then and writing the Bible at that time would result in skepticism.

I'm sure the answer will be, that's the point, we're not supposed to be sure, and we love him anyway based on faith.

But geeze, that can be applied to anything and any other diety. Which brings me back to, why is Christianity more valid than all the other religions out there?!

Here are three links that will help answer your question. I hope you find them useful.

http://www.gotquestions.org/correct-religion.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/so-many-religions.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christianity-unique.html

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1436 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]I'm not rejecting its accuracy (although I do not believe it to be as accurate as you claim), I'm saying that just because it was inspired by God that doesn't mean that it is infallible. Anything written by man is susceptible to error. -Sun_Tzu-

You believe the New Testament is inspired by God? Why don't you believe Jesus was the Christ, then, and that He rose from the dead?

No, I am saying that one does not have to believe in a bodily resurrection of Christ to be a Christian.

The Word of God says differently.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It also tells us.

Psa 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1437 blackregiment

Meh, who cares? I'm more worried about bioshock 2's release date. Even if jesus was real person, why would you devote your life to him when there are so much better, constructive things to do with one's life, like volunteering in africa. Religion doesn't make people better-off, knowledge does, and the credibility of the bible is too little too late, so there!

n_kors

You seem to think that serving the Lord and helping others are mutually exclusive. It is not. Helping those less fortunate is one of the fruits of salvation in Christ. The many, many, missionaries that have gone forth to virtually every country in the world to help others and share the Gospel, are evidence of that.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1438 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

blackregiment

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It also tells us.

We've already been through this. Regardless if the bible was inspired by God or not, it was still written by man, and it is therefore susceptible to human error. Man is incapable of perfection; only if it were written by God himself would it be rational to look at the bible as infallible.

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1439 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

Do you believe in unicorns?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1440 blackregiment

greenleaflink

No. Do you believe that everything was created by nothing and that life sprang forth from non-life?

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1441 greenleaflink
So what are you saying you believe god made the big bang and made the molecules for life to develop? I certainly believe that over a garden and talking snake.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1442 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

blackregiment

No. Do you believe that everything was created by nothing and that life sprang forth from non-life?

The big bang theory does not state that everything was created from nothing and the theory of evolution doesn't state that life sprang forth from non-life.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1443 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] No, I am saying that one does not have to believe in a bodily resurrection of Christ to be a Christian.

-Sun_Tzu-

It also tells us.

We've already been through this. Regardless if the bible was inspired by God or not, it was still written by man, and it is therefore susceptible to human error. Man is incapable of perfection; only if it were written by God himself would it be rational to look at the bible as infallible.

I know we have been through this before but you mentioned it again. The authors of the New Testament wrote the books of the Bible under th inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Maybe your definition of god precludes the all-powerful Creator of the universe and everything in it from using fallible man to record His Word infallibly under divine inspiration, but that is not the God of the Bible, the one true God. The entire Bible records how God has used fallible man to work His perfect plan, here on earth.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1444 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

It also tells us.

blackregiment

I know we have been through this before but you mentioned it again. The authors of the New Testament wrote the books of the Bible under th inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Maybe your definition of god precludes the all-powerful Creator of the universe and everything in it from using fallible man to record His Word infallibly under divine inspiration, but that is not the God of the Bible, the one true God. The entire Bible records how God has used fallible man to work His perfect plan, here on earth.

Why would the bible constatly contradict itself then? If you are going to give full authorship of the bible to God, then why would God allow for his word to contradict itself?

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1445 greenleaflink

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] We've already been through this. Regardless if the bible was inspired by God or not, it was still written by man, and it is therefore susceptible to human error. Man is incapable of perfection; only if it were written by God himself would it be rational to look at the bible as infallible.

-Sun_Tzu-

Why would the bible constatly contradict itself then? If you are going to give full authorship of the bible to God, then why would God allow for his word to contradict itself?

Would people stop quoting the Bible as if it was 100% the word, the truth, it was written how many years ago? by how many people? translated by how many languages? and how much was removed and added to suits its user/submissions needs? Shesh, I get annoyed with all the quotes of things being taken out of context, and hooked up with other passages to make it sound like they are written together.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1446 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

-Sun_Tzu-

The big bang theory does not state that everything was created from nothing and the theory of evolution doesn't state that life sprang forth from non-life.

The big ban theory speculates that a singularity that occupied no place in space or time, therefore relative to our universe nothing since space and time did not exist, expanded into everything that exists. You can call it anything you want but nothing is the best description.

The theory of evolution conveniently avoids the origin of life because it has no answer how life allegedly sprang forth from non-life in violation of natural laws. The fast of the matter is, no life, not life to evolve.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1447 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

Here are three links that will help answer your question. I hope you find them useful.

Those links merely used verses of Bible, and said that since Bible is the word of God and hence only contains truth the other religions must be false......... That is no proof.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1448 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] We've already been through this. Regardless if the bible was inspired by God or not, it was still written by man, and it is therefore susceptible to human error. Man is incapable of perfection; only if it were written by God himself would it be rational to look at the bible as infallible.

-Sun_Tzu-

The Bible does not contradict itself. A valid contradiction exists only when there is no reasonable explanation for an alleged contradiction. I realize that there are athesit web sites that publish lists of alleged contradictions. They have all been answered, If you research the issue you will find the answers to the llegec contradictions. Let me state in advaqnce, if you now choose to visit these sites, and start poting these alleged contradictions, I am not going to take the time to write out long answers for each one. They have all been answered.

In fact, the consistency of the message of Christ in the Bible is evidence of its divine inspiration.

The Bible is composed of 66 separate books, written over approximately 1,600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors, from all walks of life, written in three different languages, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, on three different continents, all in perfect agreement and revealing a consistent message, the path to salvation in Jesus Christ. The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 65 AD.

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people in the same room or on the same internet thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Bible is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word. Anyone can pick a verse out of the Bible and try to discredit it but when one openly and honestly looks at all of the evidence for the truth of the Bible in its entirety, only one that chooses to remain in rebellion to the Lord will reject it. It has been said, even by secular psychologists, that if one studies the Sermon on the Mount, in the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of Matthew, the excellence of the wisdom, guidance, and life lessons of the words and teachings of Jesus in just those verses, surpasses the totality of all advice ever written in the history of man by all psychologists and sociologists that ever lived.Many concede that if all the advice ever written by those experts were condensed down, into one document, the wisdom for living in Jesus' teachings would dwarf them in significance. This is overwhelming evidence for the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible as well as the divinity of Christ.

In the Old Testament

The books of Law reveal the foundation for Christ the Messiah

The historical books reveal the preparation for Christ the Messiah

The poetic books aspire to Christ the Messiah

The books of prophecy reveal the expectation of Christ the Messiah

In the New Testament

The Gospels reveal the historical manifestation of Christ the Messiah

The Acts reveal the propagation of Christ the messiah

The Epistles reveal the interpretation of Christ the Messiah

Revelation reveals the consummation of all things in Christ the Messiah

God has not revealed His entire plan and everything regarding the natural world to man. Man could not possibly comprehend it with our finite mind. He has revealed what He, as our Creator, wants us to know.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1449 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
Don't you know it's a sin to lie? Saying the bible has no contradictions, plain lies.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1450 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

MFaraz_Hayat

Those links merely used verses of Bible, and said that since Bible is the word of God and hence only contains truth the other religions must be false......... That is no proof.

That is an oversimplification of the content of those articles. There is far more material there than just Bible verses. Anyone that reads them will see that.