Do You Believe Jesus Christ Rose From The Dead? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

what the bible dosnt tell you is that before jesus was nailed to the cross, he was given a small dose of the T-virus, thus he was enabled to rise from the dead :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Churches have been presenting the bible as fact to Billions of people for hundreds of years.

Even though it is an impossible story, it's too late to change such a tradition.

swazidoughman

Oh but it is. Look at the Jefferson Bible. He rewrote the Bible to contain nothing but the morality. He removed all the super-natural elements and myths. I still have to read it, and am looking forward to reading it without all the myth and silliness.

And considering the influx of agnostic thought over the past 200 years, I wouldn't be surprised if fundamentalist gnostic religion begins to die out over the next 100 years. In the west at least.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
No, they are not. They believe salvation is through faith AND works - not just faith.

Crushmaster

Christianity is by definition "the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scriptur". Catholicism meets that description. A Christian by definition is "one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ". Catholics meet that description. Thus it can be concluded that Catholics are indeed Christians.

(John 3:3)- "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Christians are people who have been born again. Ephesians 2:8-9 says it is grace, through faith which saves you, where, in contrast, Catholics say works and faith save you. However, Isaiah 64:6 says that all of our righteous deeds are as "filthy rags" in God's sight.

We can't both be right. If it is works and faith, I'm not a Christian. If it's faith, I am. Who's right? According to the Bible, my belief on this matter is, as explained clearly in Ephesians 2:8-9, and supported by Isaiah 64:6. There are some Catholics who are Christians, yes - but they are few.

If faith is in the heart of a person, he automatically does good. For example, if a person says ' I believe in God and His commands'. He then goes about killing people. What kind of faith is this? This clearly shows that he is only showing that he has faith while actually he has none. If he had faith he would have followed God's commands. Hence, faith and actions are inter-linked. Good actions may be done without belief but belief without good actions is incomplete(for that automatically implies that belief is not perfect).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 foxhound_fox

The Bible makes it clear we are all evil, Mfaraz. I am, you are, everyone on this sight is. Obviously, sins are viewed in somewhat different lights, yes. But good works cannot save you. Because I deserve Hell just as much as a murderer. Because every human being on this planet is evil.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"Crushmaster

And this is exactly why I am not a Christian. And according to my morality, I am the complete opposite of evil.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

My best freind isdeciding if he wants to become a Catholic preist or not. Are you saying he is not a Christian? He is the most devout Christian I have ever known. How dare you. You don't get to decide who is a Christian and who is not just because of slight theological disagreement.

Catholisim and Protestantism are both Christianity. They are both Christianity with some differences. Stop being an elitist.

IndigoSunrise

He could be a Christian. There are some Catholics who are Christians, though the majority are not.

How dare I? I dare because the Word of the Almighty God says so. It says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith...not of works, lest any man should boast." If you think your filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) can get you to Heaven, I am afraid you are grossly mistaken. Because they cannot!

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]No, I do not.-Sun_Tzu-

You know, ST, I have a question: why don't you believe Jesus was the Messiah? I am honestly curious.

I have explained this to you already, numerous times. He did not fulfill the messianic prophesies. For example, he was most likely born in Nazareth while the bible specifically states that the messiah is to be born in Bethlehem.

(Matthew 2:1)- "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,"

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
No, they are not. They believe salvation is through faith AND works - not just faith.

Crushmaster

Christianity is by definition "the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scriptur". Catholicism meets that description. A Christian by definition is "one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ". Catholics meet that description. Thus it can be concluded that Catholics are indeed Christians.

(John 3:3)- "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Christians are people who have been born again. Ephesians 2:8-9 says it is grace, through faith which saves you, where, in contrast, Catholics say works and faith save you. However, Isaiah 64:6 says that all of our righteous deeds are as "filthy rags" in God's sight.

We can't both be right. If it is works and faith, I'm not a Christian. If it's faith, I am. Who's right? According to the Bible, my belief on this matter is, as explained clearly in Ephesians 2:8-9, and supported by Isaiah 64:6. There are some Catholics who are Christians, yes - but they are few.

Is Catholicism derived from Jesus Christ? Do Catholics profess a belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ?

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

Anyone ever think that the fantastical events in the bible are metaphors or something like that ?

CellAnimation

I'm pretty sure the fundies don't. ;)

Until someone mentions these:

Psalms 93:1 "The Lord reigns, he is clothed with majesty; The Lord is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength. Surely the world is established so that it cannot be moved."

So the world doesn't move?

Some people actually take the Bible that literally.

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Yes I do.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]The Bible makes it clear we are all evil, Mfaraz. I am, you are, everyone on this sight is. Obviously, sins are viewed in somewhat different lights, yes. But good works cannot save you. Because I deserve Hell just as much as a murderer. Because every human being on this planet is evil.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"foxhound_fox

And this is exactly why I am not a Christian. And according to my morality, I am the complete opposite of evil.

Your morality? Really? Have you ever lied, lusted, stolen, had evil thoughts?
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#61 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]Churches have been presenting the bible as fact to Billions of people for hundreds of years.

Even though it is an impossible story, it's too late to change such a tradition.

foxhound_fox

Oh but it is. Look at the Jefferson Bible. He rewrote the Bible to contain nothing but the morality. He removed all the super-natural elements and myths. I still have to read it, and am looking forward to reading it without all the myth and silliness.

And considering the influx of agnostic thought over the past 200 years, I wouldn't be surprised if fundamentalist gnostic religion begins to die out over the next 100 years. In the west at least.

Sounds like an interesting read actually.

Could be a way to test if Churches are truly teaching morals or just making some cash off of a story.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
If jesus ever existed (which I doubt) he was either not dead or he simply didn't rise from the dead. But what the hell, imo religion is useless at it's best, dangerous at it's worst.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"] And perhaps that is what is more logical. What kind of justice is it, if a person who performs killings, rapes and all kinds of evil deeds enters heaven because he believes and someone who is good in actions enters hell............... Is this the definition of a Just God?Crushmaster

The Bible makes it clear we are all evil, Mfaraz. I am, you are, everyone on this sight is. Obviously, sins are viewed in somewhat different lights, yes. But good works cannot save you. Because I deserve Hell just as much as a murderer. Because every human being on this planet is evil.
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"

ahehehehe....no, im not the same as a cold blooded murderer

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"

exactly, and the bible wastold by "god" but who was the person who literally took the pen and wrote the words? MEN and like you say all men are evil so whos to say they diddnt change up some things ;)

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

yes i believe jesus christ rose from the dead, because i am god, i am his father, thus christianity is proven and all you non believers are going to hell dont believe it ? give me your names and i shall write them all in my little diary under the Hell section and take pictures dont ever insult my son, that gets you a ticket straight to hell

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
No, I do not.
DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

I believe Jesus rose from the dead, and I also know that he's going to come back again.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 foxhound_fox

Your morality? Really? Have you ever lied, lusted, stolen, had evil thoughts? Crushmaster

I can't lie, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't lust, beyond the natural bounds of human sexuality. I don't steal, if I don't earn it, I am not entitled to it. I do not have "evil thoughts" because I treat other humans with respect and am of a healthy mind.

I find it amazing how you are so easily able to pass judgement on me and call me "evil." I find that to be very un-Christian of you. Jesus must be spinning in his grave.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Umm, yes they are...

Dutch_Mix

Not that I'm Catholic or anything but...

"Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself." James 2:17

Yes, faith without works is dead. Because they do not love their Savior enough to try and serve Him.

They are carnal and weak Christians.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 swazidoughman

I also know that he's going to come back again.

DarkSmokeNinja

How do you know this?

Who told you?

KyleMorrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KyleMorrison
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts

[QUOTE="demondogx"]

jesus who ?

Crushmaster

Jesus Christ, God in the flesh.

Ohh... THAT Jesus. I was confused for a second. Either way....nope. Nobody has ever come back from the dead, ever...EVER. Not even Dumbledore.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"] And perhaps that is what is more logical. What kind of justice is it, if a person who performs killings, rapes and all kinds of evil deeds enters heaven because he believes and someone who is good in actions enters hell............... Is this the definition of a Just God?Crushmaster

The Catholic Church teaches faith + works. Not just works. Also, members of said church are taught to back up their faith with works in order to have fully satisfied the Law of God. Do you disagree with that?

I'm still waiting for a reply to my previous post, Crush.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"] And perhaps that is what is more logical. What kind of justice is it, if a person who performs killings, rapes and all kinds of evil deeds enters heaven because he believes and someone who is good in actions enters hell............... Is this the definition of a Just God?legend26

ahehehehe....no, im not the same as a cold blooded murderer

exactly, and the bible wastold by "god" but who was the person who literally took the pen and wrote the words? MEN and like you say all men are evil so whos to say they diddnt change up some things ;)

Men under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts

Even if you prove from the Bible that some evil desire equals murdering.......yet fact remains.........when you murder, you are inflicting damage on others.......where as with evil desires, damage is not being inflicted on others. Hence, the overall damage of murder will be greater than that of any desire.

Even evilness( I am not sure whether this is an actual word) has degrees. Are those who are less evil equal to those who are more evil?

Power_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Power_47
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

Crushmaster

All Catholics are Christian, not all Christians are Catholic. Its really not that difficult to understand, think of it this way pretend your a square, that makes you a rectangle by extention. If you are a rectangle then you may be a square but you dont have to be (you may have unequal sides). I hope this 1st grade metaphore isnt over your head :|

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

The first option.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Euroshinobi

We can't both be right.

Crushmaster

neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidays

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]Your morality? Really? Have you ever lied, lusted, stolen, had evil thoughts? foxhound_fox

I can't lie, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't lust, beyond the natural bounds of human sexuality. I don't steal, if I don't earn it, I am not entitled to it. I do not have "evil thoughts" because I treat other humans with respect and am of a healthy mind.

I find it amazing how you are so easily able to pass judgement on me and call me "evil." I find that to be very un-Christian of you. Jesus must be spinning in his grave.

Excepts He's not there.

So, you're telling me you have never done anything wrong in your entire life?

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Being an atheist, no I don't.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No. I don't believe in any ancient myths, including this one.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 foxhound_fox

neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidaysEuroshinobi

You are also incorrect, I believe the Nine Divines from the Elder Scrolls universe are real... I have more reason to believe in them than any "real" religion.

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DarkSmokeNinja

[QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

swazidoughman

How do you know this?

Who told you?

Oh, I read the bible

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

We can't both be right.

Euroshinobi

neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidays

'kay, for the record, the Greek gods are much cooler than the Egyptian gods :P.

All hail almighty Zeus!

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts

In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? Why should I solely worship a man who coincidentally has the ability of resurrection?

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
No I don't.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidaysfoxhound_fox

You are also incorrect, I believe the Nine Divines from the Elder Scrolls universe are real... I have more reason to believe in them than any "real" religion.

Based on what exactly?

Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

We can't both be right.

chessmaster1989

All hail almighty Zeus!

Thats BS

Anubis> Zeus

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
You know, ST, I have a question: why don't you believe Jesus was the Messiah? I am honestly curious.

Crushmaster

I have explained this to you already, numerous times. He did not fulfill the messianic prophesies. For example, he was most likely born in Nazareth while the bible specifically states that the messiah is to be born in Bethlehem.

(Matthew 2:1)- "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,"

And yet most historians today would argue that he was probably born in Nazareth (yes I realize that it is wikipedia but it is also sourced)...

pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidaysDutch_Mix

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that when i go to their altars they give me stat bonuses. What does Jesus do when i show up at church? NOTHING.

IndigoSunrise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 IndigoSunrise
Member since 2009 • 1141 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Is Catholicism derived from Jesus Christ? Do Catholics profess a belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Crushmaster

No, it's not derived from Him. It is a cult-religion from Satan himself.

Yes, they do profess a belief in the teachings of Christ. But a profession does not save you. Grace, through faith in Christ is what saves you.

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. As an Atheist you have offended me immensly. A Cult Religion from Satan himself? Whatever dude. I hope someday you'll cast off your double think and your self inflicted nerousis.

So before protestantism or your fundamentlism did the majority of people in catholic and islamic countries go to hell? How could they have known that their religion was wrong? I don't recall Protestism being a direct result of Jesus's teachings. If I recall it came AFTER Catholism.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"] neither of you are, personaly i believe the egyptian gods to be the true gods :P, thats old school right there, jesus is new school, just a carbon copy of the old school, and stolen holidays

Ingenemployee

All hail almighty Zeus!

Thats BS

Anubis> Zeus

No way! Zeus would own Anubis in a fight any day 8).

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

DarkSmokeNinja

How do you know this?

Who told you?

Oh, I read the bible

What makes you think it's a credible source?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 foxhound_fox

Based on what exactly?Dutch_Mix

On the 27th of March I prayed to Dibella, the goddess of love, in the game at one of her weyshrines and two days later I met my girlfriend in real life. If I were the religious type, I would be convinced they exist. There is more evidence for me to believe Dibella is real than any "real" religion. As far as I am concerned, they are all fiction.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]Your morality? Really? Have you ever lied, lusted, stolen, had evil thoughts? Crushmaster

Excepts He's not there.

So, you're telling me you have never done anything wrong in your entire life?

Of course he has. Of course I have. We all have done evil in life, whether we want to admit to it or not. Including, despite your holier-than-thou attitude, yourself. You have no right to pass theological judgement on a human being, much as I have no right to pass theological judgement on a human being because you ARE human. You are flawed, just as I am, just as Jesus was, just as the authors of the Bible were, and just as every single human prophet, Christian or otherwise, was.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

We can't both be right.

chessmaster1989

All hail almighty Zeus!

Japanese gods > Greek gods

i win

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DarkSmokeNinja

[QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

How do you know this?

Who told you?

swazidoughman

Oh, I read the bible

What makes you think it's a credible source?

Think?,Naw, I'm 100% sure that the Bible is true

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Crushmaster

The Catholic Church teaches faith + works. Not just works. Also, members of said church are taught to back up their faith with works in order to have fully satisfied the Law of God. Do you disagree with that?

I'm still waiting for a reply to my previous post, Crush.Dutch_Mix

Faith+works does not equal salvation. Grace+faith in Christ does.

And, yes, I do disagree with that. My Savior's Blood is quite enough to fully satisfy the Law of God. Filthy rags cannot save me.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Is Catholicism derived from Jesus Christ? Do Catholics profess a belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ?

IndigoSunrise

No, it's not derived from Him. It is a cult-religion from Satan himself.

Yes, they do profess a belief in the teachings of Christ. But a profession does not save you. Grace, through faith in Christ is what saves you.

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. As an Atheist you have offended me immensly. A Cult Religion from Satan himself? Whatever dude. I hope someday you'll cast off your double think and your self inflicted nerousis.

So before protestantism or your fundamentlism did the majority of people in catholic and islamic countries go to hell? How could they have known that their religion was wrong? I don't recall Protestism being a direct result of Jesus's teachings. If I recall it came AFTER Catholism.

Indeed, Protestantism in general was another interpretation of the Bible. The same type of activity (because the Bible, as he claims, is theological truth) he is so far against.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="IndigoSunrise"]My best freind isdeciding if he wants to become a Catholic preist or not. Are you saying he is not a Christian? He is the most devout Christian I have ever known. How dare you. You don't get to decide who is a Christian and who is not just because of slight theological disagreement.

Catholisim and Protestantism are both Christianity. They are both Christianity with some differences. Stop being an elitist.

Crushmaster

He could be a Christian. There are some Catholics who are Christians, though the majority are not.

How dare I? I dare because the Word of the Almighty God says so. It says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith...not of works, lest any man should boast." If you think your filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) can get you to Heaven, I am afraid you are grossly mistaken. Because they cannot!

That scripture seems to be discouraging arrogance and "works" as in labor and gaining material goods or wealth buying one into heaven.. I will tell you right now with utmost sincerity the most amazing, honorable, admirable characteristic of Christianity I have ever witnessed is their willingness to help others. I think that is the best teaching of the lord. And is what defines a true Christian in my book, as previously stated faith alone is nothing without good works. (works as in deeds, not labor).