Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Any thoughts on Red Steel 2?
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#702 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Any thoughts on Red Steel 2?funsohng

awesome game, well worth it if found for cheap. Read my review for full thourghts.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#703 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
One of the most underrated wii games and most improved sequel of any wii game ever. You won't have any other experience in any gaming library of any system. Find it for $20 or less or get the wii motion plus accessory bundle and you have a masterful bargain. :D
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Any thoughts on Red Steel 2?wiifan001
One of the most underrated wii games and most improved sequel of any wii game ever. You won't have any other experience in any gaming library of any system. Find it for $20 or less or get the wii motion plus accessory bundle and you have a masterful bargain. :D

Well I think it's like 15-20 bucks now isn't it? Thinking of getting it with Rabbids Go Home
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

My mother just bought a Wii, mainly for Wii Fit; but I wondered if those classic games on the store like Super Ghouls and Ghosts are worth the price?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Any thoughts on Red Steel 2?funsohng

Well I think it's like 15-20 bucks now isn't it? Thinking of getting it with Rabbids Go Home

Just to add to everything, I would highly recommend it as well. It's about 17 dollars at gamestop and I would have paid full price for it, the combat and fun level is well worth it :)
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

My mother just bought a Wii, mainly for Wii Fit; but I wondered if those classic games on the store like Super Ghouls and Ghosts are worth the price?

CBR600-RR
Depends, if this is your first time playing them then it is certainly worth it, if you have played them before you should be aware that no improvements have been made and there is no extra content included, they are exactly the same as they were when they were originally released.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#708 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Great game, lots of Fun to play... I just hope you can Ignore the super akward dialogue... :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Any thoughts on Red Steel 2?Fundai

Great game, lots of Fun to play... I just hope you can Ignore the super akward dialogue... :P

I lived through Transformers 2. I think I can handle it.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#710 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
What do you guys think about Wii Play motion? Anyone has played it yet?
tpayne22221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 tpayne22221
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

What are games like donkey kong country returns

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 turtlethetaffer

tpayne22221

I'm going to assume you mean sidescrolling platformers. New Super Mario Brothers Wii is great fun, lots of stuff to collect (in terms of Star Coins), fun multiplayer. Also, I haven't played this game personally, but I've heard that Kirby's Epic Yarn is also great. NSMBW is challenging, while I hear that Kirby's epic Yarn is pretty easy. However, I'd say that you can't really go wrong with either game, but, like I said, I haven't played Kirby yet. So for now my reccomendation to you is New super Mario Brothers wii.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 meetroid8

tpayne22221
New Super Mario Bros Wii Wario Land Shake It Kirby's Epic Yarn Super Mario Bros games on VC
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#714 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

tpayne22221

Find the wii version donkey kong jugle beat. I like it better the DK country returns.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 turtlethetaffer

So how good are the No More Heroes games? I may get them soon, heard lots of good things about them.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 WreckEm711

So how good are the No More Heroes games? I may get them soon, heard lots of good things about them.

turtlethetaffer

The first one is great, the second is good.

The minigames are significantly better in the second game than the first, but the combat feels looser and more of a button masher. First game has great combat and boss fights!

Second has significantly better production values than the first :P

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

turtlethetaffer
Both are very good game, but the first one is way better.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 funsohng

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

WreckEm711

The minigames are significantly better in the second game than the first, but the combat feels looser and more of a button masher. First game has great combat and boss fights!

Actually, I found first one good, and second one great. The second one cuts a lot of useless and frustrating craps to make it more focused, and the combat is a bit better, IMO. Transforming into a tiger is also a plus.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

funsohng

Actually, I found first one good, and second one great. The second one cuts a lot of useless and frustrating craps to make it more focused, and the combat is a bit better, IMO. Transforming into a tiger is also a plus.

I agree a lot with cutting a lot of useless crap out, but the combat is just a bit looser and not as in control as the first for my feel. The jobs are FANTASTIC in the second, but the bosses aren't anywhere near as good as the first imo

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

I agree a lot with cutting a lot of useless crap out, but the combat is just a bit looser and not as in control as the first for my feel. The jobs are FANTASTIC in the second, but the bosses aren't anywhere near as good as the first imo

idk, all I remember of the bosses in the first one is that they appear in awesome cutscenes, and it would take me like 30 minutes to grind them to end. 2nd one was more lenient on that, I would say. And the fights were more varied. But I haven't finished the second one yet so idk. I did love the ending in the first one.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Is there a game like Gauntlet available for Wii?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 meetroid8

Is there a game like Gauntlet available for Wii?

Euaggelistes

The arcade game? There are several dungeon crawlers available on the Wii, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're similar to Gauntlet.

Avatar image for Threeleggedyoyo
Threeleggedyoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 Threeleggedyoyo
Strategy games for the Wii/Gamecube/Virtual Console? I got a Wii and a nice big tv recently and am wanting to use it while I ride my exercise bike. I find that playing games helps keep me distracted from the exercise. So I'm looking for something that doesn't require too much button pressing since I'm pedaling and such. Ideally it wouldn't involve a lot of wiimote pointing, either, since it'd be hard to keep steady. Virtual console would be ok, too. I was thinking like a strategy game along the lines of advance wars or something. Something that takes a lot of thought and is engaging. Suggestions?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724 WreckEm711
[QUOTE="Threeleggedyoyo"]Strategy games for the Wii/Gamecube/Virtual Console? I got a Wii and a nice big tv recently and am wanting to use it while I ride my exercise bike. I find that playing games helps keep me distracted from the exercise. So I'm looking for something that doesn't require too much button pressing since I'm pedaling and such. Ideally it wouldn't involve a lot of wiimote pointing, either, since it'd be hard to keep steady. Virtual console would be ok, too. I was thinking like a strategy game along the lines of advance wars or something. Something that takes a lot of thought and is engaging. Suggestions?

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. That sounds PERFECT for what you're wanting. It's extremely strategic turn-based, and it requires a lot of thought because of a character dies, they're dead. It adds a lot of weight to every decision knowing it could be that characters last. One of the best games I've played this gen :) Goodnluck deciding!
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#725 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts
Did Goldeneye 007 and Conduit 2 get a price drop?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 turtlethetaffer

Okay. I have 1200 Wii Points to spend with no idea what to spend it on. Any suggestions? I like RPG's platformers adventure... I was gonna get FFVI (FFIII if you prefer) with it but I got it for the Gameboy Advance instead. I also downloaded And Yet it Moves. So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS Anyone know if Earthbound is coming to VC anytime soon?

PPS The game can be VC of Wii Ware.

thanks in advance.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 WreckEm711
@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 turtlethetaffer

@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)WreckEm711

Okay thanks I'll look into it. Not sure if ready for a purchase though. I'm really hoping Earthbound is released on VC soon I've wanted to play that game for a long time.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)turtlethetaffer

Okay thanks I'll look into it. Not sure if ready for a purchase though. I'm really hoping Earthbound is released on VC soon I've wanted to play that game for a long time.

Because of the boatload of copyright issues with it, I highly doubt it ever sees America. Of you're out for an RPG though, Chrono Trigger is a GREAT pick :)
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#730 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)turtlethetaffer

I've heard that Bit.Trip Runner is also a good game and I've played the demo for it and liked playing it.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)WreckEm711

Because of the boatload of copyright issues with it, I highly doubt it ever sees America. Of you're out for an RPG though, Chrono Trigger is a GREAT pick :)

I know it is... because I already have it on DS lol.Actually, I saw Castlevania the Adventure REbirth. How was that, if you played it?

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#732 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

You may want to hold off on the Bit.Trip games. They are releasing collections of the series on the 3DS and the Wii. The 3DS version is supposed to just be the games with 3D effects, and the novelty of playing the games on a portable system. The Wii version will be like a collector's edition. It will include the following features:

-New difficulty levels
-120 challenges
-Online leaderboards
-Audio gallery, which includes fan remixes, original songs, and demo songs
-Image gallery, which has production stills, concept art, and promo images
-Video gallery, which is supposed to revolve around the game's story
-A CD, which I believe they said will have 3 songs from each of the games
-Six letters to the fans from the games' director

I don't think there has been a price announced yet, so if you don't know if you want to play full price for the game, maybe you could at least wait until they do announce the price, and decide what you want to do based on that.

Link

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]@Gameboy, Goldeneye is 30 new at gamestop now, a simple google would have answered that question for you lol @Turtle: I can't recommend the Bit.Trip games enough on WiiWare. Bit.Trip Beat is my favorite, well worth the money :)Hungry_Homer111

You may want to hold off on the Bit.Trip games. They are releasing collections of the series on the 3DS and the Wii. The 3DS version is supposed to just be the games with 3D effects, and the novelty of playing the games on a portable system. The Wii version will be like a collector's edition. It will include the following features:

-New difficulty levels
-120 challenges
-Online leaderboards

I don't think there has been a price announced yet, so if you don't know if you want to play full price for the game, maybe you could at least wait until they do announce the price, and decide what you want to do based on that.

Really?! Sweet!!

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Hungry_Homer111"]

WreckEm711

-New difficulty levels
-120 challenges
-Online leaderboards

Really?! Sweet!!

Wow, yeah I guess I'll wait for the Bit.Trip games.

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

My daughter has gotten to the age when she's started to be interested in games.
She's helped me as the second player is SMG2 and she likes to watch when I play Zelda games.

Do you guys have any tips for games that we can play as a family?

I've been thinking Elebits or Eledees as it's called here, do you have any more ideas?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 meetroid8

She's helped me as the second player is SMG2 and she likes to watch when I play Zelda games.

I've been thinking Elebits or Eledees as it's called here, do you have any more ideas?

yellonet

I've played Kirby Epic Yarn for hours upon hours with my six year old brother. It is the perfect game to play with younger kids because of the low difficulty (you can never die or fail a level) and cutesy visuals. Actually I think he is more excited about playing the game the few times I get to visit him than he is about actually spending time with me. :(

Eledees is more of a single player game, but it is very kid friendly and alot of fun to play.

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 yellonet

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

meetroid8

I've played Kirby Epic Yarn for hours upon hours with my six year old brother. It is the perfect game to play with younger kids because of the low difficulty (you can never die or fail a level) and cutesy visuals. Actually I think he is more excited about playing the game the few times I get to visit him than he is about actually spending time with me. :(

Eledees is more of a single player game, but it is very kid friendly and alot of fun to play.

Thanks!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#738 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Did Goldeneye 007 and Conduit 2 get a price drop?GameboyTroy

Conduit 2's currently priced in most stores at $49.99 thelast time I checked. Goldeneye probably also at that price too. I'm waiting for a price drop for Conduit 2 also.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

yellonet

Thanks!

May also want to try something like Mario Party 8. It's not always fair, but it's definitley kid friendly.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740 funsohng

My daughter has gotten to the age when she's started to be interested in games. She's helped me as the second player is SMG2 and she likes to watch when I play Zelda games.

yellonet
If you value your family, please don't get Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#741 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

There are two JRPG's that I've been meaning to play for some time now andthat is Final Fantasy III ( or VI, whatever) and Chrono Trigger both games are on Wii Virtual Console at around 800 points. I've played Final Fantasy IV and X and enjoyed them both even though I've never gotten around to beating them and I've heard nothing but amazing things about Chrono Trigger. Which one of these should I buy?

Please take difficulty into account I don't feel like playing a difficult JRPG just one that's challenging enough, thanks.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#742 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

There are two JRPG's that I've been meaning to play for some time now andthat is Final Fantasy III ( or VI, whatever) and Chrono Trigger both games are on Wii Virtual Console at around 800 points. I've played Final Fantasy IV and X and enjoyed them both even though I've never gotten around to beating them and I've heard nothing but amazing things about Chrono Trigger. Which one of these should I buy?

Please take difficulty into account I don't feel like playing a difficult JRPG just one that's challenging enough, thanks.

KamikazeDonut
Doesn't matter. Get one, then get the other. They're both amazing, and neither is too difficult if you've played JRPGs before.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

JordanElek

Doesn't matter. Get one, then get the other. They're both amazing, and neither is too difficult if you've played JRPGs before.

I can back up Chrono Trigger. Amazing game. However I am playing through FFVI (about 2 hours) and it is also pretty good so far. I think FFVI would take you longer to beat, but Chrono Trigger has alot of replay value because of different endings and New Game+.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

With all do respect and this goes for every recomedation thread but umm shouldnt a new owner who is willing to put up the links and good games be put in charge and recreate this thread? I mean almost every thread like this is outdated and the owners of these threads are never on

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#745 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

With all do respect and this goes for every recomedation thread but umm shouldnt a new owner who is willing to put up the links and good games be put in charge and recreate this thread? I mean almost every thread like this is outdated and the owners of these threads are never on

fueled-system

Already tried. The character restrictions that Gamespot puts on post sizes really limits what you can do. And since the Wii only has maybe one more game on the way that would make it into this thread (and is only missing a couple recognized games that have already been released), nobody wants to put the work into it. As it is right now, I'd have to redo the whole thread in order to add two or three games. Not worth it to me.

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746 yellonet

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] I've played Kirby Epic Yarn for hours upon hours with my six year old brother. It is the perfect game to play with younger kids because of the low difficulty (you can never die or fail a level) and cutesy visuals. Actually I think he is more excited about playing the game the few times I get to visit him than he is about actually spending time with me. :(

turtlethetaffer

Thanks!

May also want to try something like Mario Party 8. It's not always fair, but it's definitley kid friendly.

Yeah I thought about that, but I think we'll wait for version 9 :)

Thanks!

AltarBozdaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747 AltarBozdaa
I think Little King's Story is also a Must Have for the Wii
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748 WreckEm711

Has anyone here played Force Unleashed 2 on Wii? It's supposedly the best version, and I loved the first game when I had it for PS3. Would it be worth picking up for 19.99?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749 turtlethetaffer

Has anyone here played Force Unleashed 2 on Wii? It's supposedly the best version, and I loved the first game when I had it for PS3. Would it be worth picking up for 19.99?

WreckEm711

It's definitley worth playing. a bit on the short side (7-8 hours) but lots of fun, at least I thought so. I would say it is worth it for that price. However that's just me. Like I said the game is fairly short but also like I said it is fun while it lasts.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

turtlethetaffer

It's definitley worth playing. a bit on the short side (7-8 hours) but lots of fun, at least I thought so. I would say it is worth it for that price. However that's just me. Like I said the game is fairly short but also like I said it is fun while it lasts.

See, that's how I feel about the first one, it was short, but tue combat was so fun I played it five times :P