Why all the hate for the Wii

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

SO I have had a wii, xbox 360, and a Ps3 and I really love the Wii I like sitting down playingsome mario. Do graphics really matter? I love nintendo and I hope the Wii U is very good! What do you guys think of the wii and all the hate

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

it isn't a terrible system, but it's definitely underwhelming. From the poor online infrastructure to the library that is lacking outside of the 1st party. Not to mention that NoA stinks big time at getting content on their system that isn't spoon-fed to them from the main office.

Not all critcism is "hate" by the way. We don't all have to love the system.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Well, I love my Wii. :)

rojo12689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 rojo12689
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

the problem with the wii is the only decent games we get come from nintendo. third-party support is nearly non-existant, and any multi-platform games that get made for the wii need to be "dumbed down" so the system can support them.

that being said, the wii in my opinion is the best of the 3 when it comes to local multiplayer.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It's a weaker console compared to the competition and haters are more vocal about it.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Because Nintendo makes nothing but games for little kids and waving your arms around like an idiot is gimmicky.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

when something gets really popular it becomes cool or instinct for some people to start hating on it..

nintendo took down sony and microsft this gen with weak hardware...laughing at all the mature gamers....so obviously some people got upset..

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

No Xenoblade.
No Fatal Frame IV.
No Disaster: Day of Crisis.
No The Last Story.
No Pandora's Tower.
No Mother 3.
Region-locked.
Weaker power, making it miss out on all the multiplats.
Motion controls are just tacked-on gimmicks.
Broken online.
Nintendo of America.
Nintendo of Europe.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I realized how much Nintendo holds back on simple things after getting a 360. Online being the top issue.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

It's become the very, very popular thing to do. It's not just the Wii, but Nintendo's systems in general over the past decade. Ever since the GameCube, I can recall complaints like "those games are kiddy" or "the graphics suck. Xbox rules!" and stupid stuff like that. I must say that the Wii indeed does rock but Nintendo definitely could have stepped it up and made the graphics a bit more powerful. I hear it's not just the graphics that are affected when you put everything into consideration. Things like the games running smoother and being able to do more on the screen at once, etc, etc.

But yeah. It's mostly because the graphics aren't as good as the other 2 systems and a lot of the games are bright and aimed at children, although they aren't exclusively for them. That's the thing a lot of people are missing. It's really childish if you ask me. But sometimes, you just can't stop the stubborn...

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

In my opinion the hate is from people who either didnt grow up in the good old days when Nintendo was in charge with the NES, SNES, N64!!! Those were the says man, or their people who just prefre shooting and competitive games were they have to get all stressed out.

Seriously Nintendo might not be for you Hardcore players who want to shoot all the time. (Unless your a hardcore Zelda fan or something lol)But Nintendo makes videos games that are actual VIDEO GAMES. For the sole purpose of fun and to make you smile and have a good time while playing it. I will always be a Nintendo Loyalist and support them the most. I have a 360 and I like it so im no fanboy.

Personally in my opinion if you didnt grow up playing Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, F-Zero and those type of games...Then your just not a gamer. Your just a mindless sheep who follows the shooter line.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Kinect and PSMove would like a word with you.

Because Nintendo makes nothing but games for little kids and waving your arms around like an idiot is gimmicky. meetroid8

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Because it's much easier to hate the Nintendo consoles. All in all, ignorance.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

In my opinion the hate is from people who either didnt grow up in the good old days when Nintendo was in charge with the NES, SNES, N64!!! Those were the says man, or their people who just prefre shooting and competitive games were they have to get all stressed out.

Seriously Nintendo might not be for you Hardcore players who want to shoot all the time. (Unless your a hardcore Zelda fan or something lol)But Nintendo makes videos games that are actual VIDEO GAMES. For the sole purpose of fun and to make you smile and have a good time while playing it. I will always be a Nintendo Loyalist and support them the most. I have a 360 and I like it so im no fanboy.

Personally in my opinion if you didnt grow up playing Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, F-Zero and those type of games...Then your just not a gamer. Your just a mindless sheep who follows the shooter line.

Master_Of_Fools

Dude. You had an excellent thing going. An EXCELLENT post until you posted your opinion almost as if it was fact. Some people were too young to grow up with what we had. It is a bit sad that all that seems to get glorified in the gaming industry are the endless shooters which all seem the same but with better graphics. However, just because we had the great oppurtunity to experience the "golden years" of gaming, doesn't make us better, just more "experienced" if you will. Like I said, most of your post was brilliant but then you started to bash the people who didn't grow up gaming during the 80s and 90s, which I admit was a great time for gaming. I'm glad you're not a fanboy and I'm with you--I love Nintendo best too--but you don't have to push it so far. Have some balance. :)

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

the wii is great. i have ps3 and wii. still the hate is based on the lack of 3rd party support, graphics (which believe it or not is important cause it relates to 3rd party support) motion controls, bad online, etc. the wii did fall short with its low tech, but i still enjoy the first party games alot.

Bulecrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bulecrew
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

.Lack of Online in most games*Mario kart wii is mostly the only good internet game*

.Hardly no good games outside the frist party*mario,zelda,DK* while third party is mostly party games

.No Xenoblade in USA

.Bad Internet Broswer in it

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Master_Of_Fools
What about those of us who were gaming before Nintendo released the NES and think the Wii is a pretty halfhearted console? Having said that, the dudebro audience is one of the worst parts of gaming today. But so is Nintendo's stubborn refusal to treat gamers like people (especially NoA).
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

My only problem with the wii was the third party. Just imagine having a Nintendo system with great third party titles like soul calibur, skyrim, gta along with the great first party titles that nintendo offers. Now that the wii is more powerful like the hd twins I may never have to buy all three consoles every gen from the big 3.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

My only problem with the wii was the third party. Just imagine having a Nintendo system with great third party titles like soul calibur, skyrim, gta along with the great first party titles that nintendo offers. Now that the wii is more powerful like the hd twins I may never have to buy all three consoles every gen from the big 3.

Ghost120x
It's the first party titles that keep third parties from developing for Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo will ever get the best of both worlds.
oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

Because the wii is just not a very good console. Its got terribly outdated graphics, almost non existent online and a controller setup thats only executed properly in a few games. I still like the wii overall however because the first party nintendo games are so damn good that they manage to make up for the rest of the wii's massive shortcomings.

Seriously just think about how much better some games such as Brawl, goldeneye etc would be with good graphics/competent online setup

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

it isn't a terrible system, but it's definitely underwhelming. From the poor online infrastructure to the library that is lacking outside of the 1st party. Not to mention that NoA stinks big time at getting content on their system that isn't spoon-fed to them from the main office.

Not all critcism is "hate" by the way. We don't all have to love the system.

stizz-
Even as an avid Nintendo fan, I completely agree with this.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Only issue with Wii is, it is region locked.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
wrong board to point out the hate for the wii :P
zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

No Xenoblade.
No Fatal Frame IV.
No The Last Story.
No Pandora's Tower.
No Mother 3.
Region-locked.
Broken online.
Nintendo of America.
Nintendo of Europe.

TheFallenDemon

Well maybe Nintendo of America have not been giving the fans what they want lately, but Nintendo of Europe have as most of those games are either released or getting released, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Xenoblade are already out here and The Last Story and Pandora's Tower will be released next year and in Europe we are getting more and more games released here first so I think at least from my point of view they are doing a better job, as for Mother 3 that was released on the GBA in Japan only years ago.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Ghost120x
You and I share the same minds :3
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#27 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
Now that the xbox360 is so cheap, it seems to me that if I had to buy one or the other at present, it would be the Xbox. At the time though, the Wii was so much cheaper and potentially a better unit. Now, I'm' not so sure. The Wii has a handful of brilliance, but the xbox has such a popuated library and online community. It's like a choice between simplicity, elegance and fleeting brilliance (Wii), or power, gamesmanship, tradition (xbox/ps3). But, if you like Monster Hunter or Zelda, you really have no choice!
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I don't think you'll find a lot of hate for the wii on this forum. you might on system wars though.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I don't think you'll find a lot of hate for the wii on this forum. you might on system wars though.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Severe disappointment with it's library and how motion controls turned out. Is my main reason.

I was happy in 2006, happy in 2007, after that things just crapped out. Nintendo made good games still and so did the odd 3rd party but it just never worked out in terms of innovation and top quality games. Weak hardware, poor online, and tiny harddrive (making it tough to get/enjoy downloadable games) did NOT help.

I wanted the Wii to be getting games of the calibur of Dark Souls, Skyrim, Ass Creed, Arkham City, LA Noire, Portal 2, Rage, Deus Ex, Mortal Kombatm, etc etc, as360 and PS3 are for years. It just didn't happen, and some people try and say it did and is best console ever, and others say it's totally worthless which as also false...

I basically wanted Wii to be the modern day SNES and it just wasn't, it just followed in the footsteps of N64 and Gamecube as a console with very high quality games but not enough, with poor 3rd party and with massive gaps from major genres and devs.

O well...

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
I own all three consoles as well, and even though I own the most 360 games, I do love my Wii. It flat out has the best exclusives, but I would say that if my backlog wasn't huge (with PC games, portables, PS2 + PS1 games), I'd find it hard to be content with "just" the Wii.
Avatar image for deactivated-62d9ed6396429
deactivated-62d9ed6396429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-62d9ed6396429
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
Wii is well worth it just for Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword (not long to go now :D), Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles because they're fantastic games that you can't get on any other system.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

^ not everyone agrees with that. Actually, that's a perfect example of why some don't like the system.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

No Xenoblade.
No Fatal Frame IV.
No The Last Story.
No Pandora's Tower.
No Mother 3.
Region-locked.
Broken online.
Nintendo of America.
Nintendo of Europe.

TheFallenDemon

Speak for yourselves,guys.

I love my Wii despite some lack of multiplatform games.

It has it's flaws,but overall great.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 meetroid8

^ not everyone agrees with that. Actually, that's a perfect example of why some don't like the system.

stizz-
They dislike it because of its good games?
LinkSSJ6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LinkSSJ6
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
-Western designers learned to make console games -Nintendo is THE japanese game company -Western media bashes japanese games and companies that don't westernize their crap to make propaganda to their own creations -Nintendo doesn't westernizes -Nintendo is hated
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="stizz-"]

meetroid8

no, because it lacks other good games.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="stizz-"]

BrunoBRS

That isn't what he said...
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
graphics are 1 aspect of a game. People dont think about it, but a nintendo game doesnt need to be patched day 1. you dont have to spend as much money on a Wii because of lack of harddrive and hd graphics. You still get tons of great games with awesome gameplay and replay. A true gamer plays video games, no matter the system. They just like playing games. i have a ps3, wii and a pc. i only have a PS3 since wii is so underpowered this gen it misses graet game games. Too many people are pop culture gamers playing nothing but COD.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts

SO I have had a wii, xbox 360, and a Ps3 and I really love the Wii I like sitting down playingsome mario. Do graphics really matter? I love nintendo and I hope the Wii U is very good! What do you guys think of the wii and all the hate

soapman72
i agree with you.graphics are never everything and though Nintendo's a little behind in that department, they still make best-sellers and classics that are neccessary for any gamer's library.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"][QUOTE="soapman72"]

i agree with you.graphics are never everything and though Nintendo's a little behind in that department, they still make best-sellers and classics that are neccessary for any gamer's library.

quite frankly,360 and PS3 fans are hating becuase the Wii ( and DS) sold more than it's competitors though it lacked a lot of the "cutting edge" technology that Microsoft and Sony expected to win the "sales race" with.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

when something gets really popular it becomes cool or instinct for some people to start hating on it..

nintendo took down sony and microsft this gen with weak hardware...laughing at all the mature gamers....so obviously some people got upset..

so true ;D
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="darksongbird"]

It's become the very, very popular thing to do. It's not just the Wii, but Nintendo's systems in general over the past decade. Ever since the GameCube, I can recall complaints like "those games are kiddy" or "the graphics suck. Xbox rules!" and stupid stuff like that. I must say that the Wii indeed does rock but Nintendo definitely could have stepped it up and made the graphics a bit more powerful. I hear it's not just the graphics that are affected when you put everything into consideration. Things like the games running smoother and being able to do more on the screen at once, etc, etc.

But yeah. It's mostly because the graphics aren't as good as the other 2 systems and a lot of the games are bright and aimed at children, although they aren't exclusively for them. That's the thing a lot of people are missing. It's really childish if you ask me. But sometimes, you just can't stop the stubborn...

Xbox and Playstation fans are just mad becuase Nintendo can make it's own style of games and still sell a lot without having to compete with 360 and PS3 for "who's game is going to sell better on which console" which is a frequent occasion on Microsoft and Sony platforms because they come out with the same games as each other and have to lure in fans by shinig their cases more and saying "we've got the better graphics!" even though,to me,PS3 and 360 look VERY similar graphics-wise.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

this is very true considering most youtube videos of stressed out players come from people who play 360 and PS3 and get mad because they suck at a certain online multiplayer game....by the way i still have my N64,Mario kart 64,Super Smash Bros,Goldeneye,and killer instinct gold :]
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Armored_Pillow

Ghost120x
i think that's what the Wii U is for.just sayin...
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="oldmanriver1"]

Because the wii is just not a very good console. Its got terribly outdated graphics, almost non existent online and a controller setup thats only executed properly in a few games. I still like the wii overall however because the first party nintendo games are so damn good that they manage to make up for the rest of the wii's massive shortcomings.

Seriously just think about how much better some games such as Brawl, goldeneye etc would be with good graphics/competent online setup

the way I see it, Nintendo failed at trying to develop shooters like 360 and PS3, and PS3 and 360 failed at making the "kid freindly" games that the Wii has (besides little big planet)
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Armored_Pillow
Wii is well worth it just for Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword (not long to go now :D), Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles because they're fantastic games that you can't get on any other system.Freeze-dried
don't forget super smash bros brawl!!!
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#48 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Nintendo failed at trying to develop shooters like 360 and PS3 Armored_Pillow
Really? That happened when?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

No Xenoblade.
No Fatal Frame IV.
No The Last Story.
No Pandora's Tower.
No Mother 3. Motion controls are just tacked-on gimmicks.
Broken online.
Nintendo of America.
Nintendo of Europe.

TheFallenDemon

All those reasons are BS.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] They dislike it because of its good games?

That isn't what he said...

he said "not everyone agrees with that [Wii is well worth it just for *list of games*]", so yes, he said it. some people just don't find the wii worth it for nintendo's first party titles only.