Why all the hate for the Wii

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d9ed6396429
deactivated-62d9ed6396429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-62d9ed6396429
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts

^ not everyone agrees with that. Actually, that's a perfect example of why some don't like the system.

stizz-
It might be fair to say that if the console was expensive, but there are retailers here in Aus selling the system brand new for $150-00. It's true that there are barely any other good games, but I don't care, I'm happy buy a Wii just for these games and get rid of it once I finish SS. Metroid Prime: Echoes is one of the greatest games I've ever played. That game alone is worth the system cause I can't get that experience anywhere else. Edit: I've thought about this a little, and had to add something. The Wii, being ridiculously cheap, is worth it for these games. If however, you can only buy one console, say you're finances won't allow it, or you're underage and you're parents will only allow you one console, then yes, the Wii is definitely not worth it, cause once you've played through those games, there's not much else. But if you own a 360, PS3, or decent PC and can spare some cash, then by all means, get the Wii just for those games. Once they're over and done with, you go back to your main console.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

^ too true, that's why I said it wasn't a terrible system in my first reply. The system has some great games, but people don't like it overall because it doesn't have all that much to offer. If you don't happen to like those few really greatt games (and these people do exist, not everyone on the planet loves mario) then the system has even less for you. Those that prefer other systems because of this don't actually "hate" the Wii, it just isn't their favorite system.

oh, and meetroid... you're a smart person so I know you know what I meant. I'm going to assume you're just giving me a hard time.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#53 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
People just like to hate on Nintendo
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="LinkSSJ6"]-Western designers learned to make console games -Nintendo is THE japanese game company -Western media bashes japanese games and companies that don't westernize their crap to make propaganda to their own creations -Nintendo doesn't westernizes -Nintendo is hated

Is that why the Western media rated the Mario Galaxy games the highest of the generation? Teh conspiracy :cry: .... doesn't actually exist.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 locopatho
[QUOTE="stizz-"]

^ not everyone agrees with that. Actually, that's a perfect example of why some don't like the system.

Freeze-dried
It might be fair to say that if the console was expensive, but there are retailers here in Aus selling the system brand new for $150-00. It's true that there are barely any other good games, but I don't care, I'm happy buy a Wii just for these games and get rid of it once I finish SS. Metroid Prime: Echoes is one of the greatest games I've ever played. That game alone is worth the system cause I can't get that experience anywhere else. Edit: I've thought about this a little, and had to add something. The Wii, being ridiculously cheap, is worth it for these games. If however, you can only buy one console, say you're finances won't allow it, or you're underage and you're parents will only allow you one console, then yes, the Wii is definitely not worth it, cause once you've played through those games, there's not much else. But if you own a 360, PS3, or decent PC and can spare some cash, then by all means, get the Wii just for those games. Once they're over and done with, you go back to your main console.

It's a perfect secondary system :)
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 locopatho
[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"][QUOTE="soapman72"]

SO I have had a wii, xbox 360, and a Ps3 and I really love the Wii I like sitting down playingsome mario. Do graphics really matter? I love nintendo and I hope the Wii U is very good! What do you guys think of the wii and all the hate

i agree with you.graphics are never everything and though Nintendo's a little behind in that department, they still make best-sellers and classics that are neccessary for any gamer's library.

quite frankly,360 and PS3 fans are hating becuase the Wii ( and DS) sold more than it's competitors though it lacked a lot of the "cutting edge" technology that Microsoft and Sony expected to win the "sales race" with.

Really...? Sales talk? Still?
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] i agree with you.graphics are never everything and though Nintendo's a little behind in that department, they still make best-sellers and classics that are neccessary for any gamer's library.locopatho
quite frankly,360 and PS3 fans are hating becuase the Wii ( and DS) sold more than it's competitors though it lacked a lot of the "cutting edge" technology that Microsoft and Sony expected to win the "sales race" with.

yeah really,sales talk.even without Nintendo, PS3 and Xbox is still failing to beat EACH OTHER with their "better technologies" and "better versions of the same game".it doesn't have to be sales.Nintendo has more fans too...Americans just like rooting for the "under dog" if I should say so.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] quite frankly,360 and PS3 fans are hating becuase the Wii ( and DS) sold more than it's competitors though it lacked a lot of the "cutting edge" technology that Microsoft and Sony expected to win the "sales race" with.Armored_Pillow

yeah really,sales talk.even without Nintendo, PS3 and Xbox is still failing to beat EACH OTHER with their "better technologies" and "better versions of the same game".it doesn't have to be sales.Nintendo has more fans too...Americans just like rooting for the "under dog" if I should say so.

and don't even try to give me that "there's no competition between them" crap because console wars wouldn't even exist if that were the case...I'd be competitive too if i were in the "video game" version of this the cold war arms race.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Armored_Pillow

[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] Nintendo failed at trying to develop shooters like 360 and PS3 wiifan001
Really? That happened when?

it happened as soon as i looked up sales for WaW,MW,MW2,MW3,Black Ops,MoH,and countless other shooting games and couldn't even find a single sales figure for the Wii without doing extensive research.Sure they made the games and sure Activision and EA benefitted from the little extra cash the Wii pulled in but Nintendo rarely gets mentioned for shooting games that sold more on the xbox and PS3.and that is,in fact, a fact,no matterhow much i dislike it.

zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#60 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] Nintendo failed at trying to develop shooters like 360 and PS3 Armored_Pillow

it happened as soon as i looked up sales for WaW,MW,MW2,MW3,Black Ops,MoH,and countless other shooting games and couldn't even find a single sales figure for the Wii without doing extensive research.Sure they made the games and sure Activision and EA benefitted from the little extra cash the Wii pulled in but Nintendo rarely gets mentioned for shooting games that sold more on the xbox and PS3.and that is,in fact, a fact,no matterhow much i dislike it.

How is that Nintendo failing to develop shooters? They never had anything to do with those games so they never developed them so it the companies that tried to develop them that would be the ones that failed although they have actually got much better from the ones that launched on the Wii, just none were truly epic and no developers went out of there way to make them that way on the system.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#61 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] Nintendo failed at trying to develop shooters like 360 and PS3 Armored_Pillow

When did Nintendo ever try to develop a First Person Shooter?
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts
[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] Really? That happened when?wiifan001

...Duck Hunt?
zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#63 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"]

Well he refers to Nintendo as a company yet the PS3 and Xbox360 as consoles maybe if the Wii itself developed the games they would be better?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"] When did Nintendo ever try to develop a First Person Shooter?josephl64
...Duck Hunt?

It's not a first person shooter, but let's do it anyway, hypothetically. It sold over an estimate 28 million copies, and one one platform. Yeah... I'll ask ArmoredPillow again since Nintendo apparently failed to develop shooters: When did Nintendo ever try to develop a First Person Shooter?
Avatar image for deactivated-62d9ed6396429
deactivated-62d9ed6396429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-62d9ed6396429
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
Nintendo never really attempted FPSs, unless you look at Goldeneye007 on the N64, wasn't developed by Nintendo, but by their back-then best friend Rare. Goldeneye007 was a hit as we know. Then we have Metroid Prime 1 & 2, again not developed by Nintendo, but by a current first-party developer of theirs, Retro Studios. Although they're not really FPSs in terms of how the games play, they use the first-person view. Again, two brilliant, brilliant games. Anyone else agree that Echoes is simply one of the most immersive games ever? I freaked when I first entered the dark world and realised I had to create light bubbles to stay alive.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Nintendo never really attempted FPSs, unless you look at Goldeneye007 on the N64, wasn't developed by Nintendo, but by their back-then best friend Rare. Goldeneye007 was a hit as we know. Then we have Metroid Prime 1 & 2, again not developed by Nintendo, but by a current first-party developer of theirs, Retro Studios. Although they're not really FPSs in terms of how the games play, they use the first-person view. Again, two brilliant, brilliant games. Anyone else agree that Echoes is simply one of the most immersive games ever? I freaked when I first entered the dark world and realised I had to create light bubbles to stay alive.Freeze-dried
Torvus Bog quite possibly has the greatest atmosphere of any area on any game ever, I wasn't as big a fan of the dark world.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Los9090

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] it happened as soon as i looked up sales for WaW,MW,MW2,MW3,Black Ops,MoH,and countless other shooting games and couldn't even find a single sales figure for the Wii without doing extensive research.Sure they made the games and sure Activision and EA benefitted from the little extra cash the Wii pulled in but Nintendo rarely gets mentioned for shooting games that sold more on the xbox and PS3.and that is,in fact, a fact,no matterhow much i dislike it.

josephl64

...Duck Hunt?

Haha! Good point

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

`why the hate for wii? idk ask the gamestop reviewers..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] quite frankly,360 and PS3 fans are hating becuase the Wii ( and DS) sold more than it's competitors though it lacked a lot of the "cutting edge" technology that Microsoft and Sony expected to win the "sales race" with.Armored_Pillow

Really no one cares about sales. Do you prefer COD to Mario Galaxy? It sold more...
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Armored_Pillow

[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] Really? That happened when?zenszulu

How is that Nintendo failing to develop shooters? They never had anything to do with those games so they never developed them so it the companies that tried to develop them that would be the ones that failed although they have actually got much better from the ones that launched on the Wii, just none were truly epic and no developers went out of there way to make them that way on the system.

ok let me reword that.Nintendo didn't make as big of an impact as the xbox and playstation version of those games.that's what i'm trying to say.they're still doing good with the metroids though.how come people criticized Other M?

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Armored_Pillow

[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"]

hmm...ok look.THE WII VERSIONS WEREN'T AS GOOD OR AS POPULAR AS THE XBOX AND PS3 VERSIONS OF THOSE SHOOTING GAMES(CoD particular).you understand?

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Armored_Pillow

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] it happened as soon as i looked up sales for WaW,MW,MW2,MW3,Black Ops,MoH,and countless other shooting games and couldn't even find a single sales figure for the Wii without doing extensive research.Sure they made the games and sure Activision and EA benefitted from the little extra cash the Wii pulled in but Nintendo rarely gets mentioned for shooting games that sold more on the xbox and PS3.and that is,in fact, a fact,no matterhow much i dislike it.

josephl64

...Duck Hunt?

oh yeah i forgot about that...

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="zenszulu"]

Well he refers to Nintendo as a company yet the PS3 and Xbox360 as consoles maybe if the Wii itself developed the games they would be better?

yeah somethin like that...
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="wiifan001"] When did Nintendo ever try to develop a First Person Shooter?wiifan001
...Duck Hunt?

It's not a first person shooter, but let's do it anyway, hypothetically. It sold over an estimate 28 million copies, and one one platform. Yeah... I'll ask ArmoredPillow again since Nintendo apparently failed to develop shooters: When did Nintendo ever try to develop a First Person Shooter?

you know what?forget what i said :] any questions?
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Armored_Pillow
Nintendo never really attempted FPSs, unless you look at Goldeneye007 on the N64, wasn't developed by Nintendo, but by their back-then best friend Rare. Goldeneye007 was a hit as we know. Then we have Metroid Prime 1 & 2, again not developed by Nintendo, but by a current first-party developer of theirs, Retro Studios. Although they're not really FPSs in terms of how the games play, they use the first-person view. Again, two brilliant, brilliant games. Anyone else agree that Echoes is simply one of the most immersive games ever? I freaked when I first entered the dark world and realised I had to create light bubbles to stay alive.Freeze-dried
yeah i don't mean failed at developing. i meant failed at making thier version of CoD games as popular as the xbox and PS3 versions.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="Freeze-dried"]Nintendo never really attempted FPSs, unless you look at Goldeneye007 on the N64, wasn't developed by Nintendo, but by their back-then best friend Rare. Goldeneye007 was a hit as we know. Then we have Metroid Prime 1 & 2, again not developed by Nintendo, but by a current first-party developer of theirs, Retro Studios. Although they're not really FPSs in terms of how the games play, they use the first-person view. Again, two brilliant, brilliant games. Anyone else agree that Echoes is simply one of the most immersive games ever? I freaked when I first entered the dark world and realised I had to create light bubbles to stay alive.meetroid8
Torvus Bog quite possibly has the greatest atmosphere of any area on any game ever, I wasn't as big a fan of the dark world.

i hated the dark world until i got the light suit.but yeah,Torvus had a lot of detail....
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Really...? Sales talk? Still? locopatho

Really no one cares about sales. Do you prefer COD to Mario Galaxy? It sold more...

i prefer both ^-^ i prefer Wii,PS3,360,PSP and DS ^-^.any questions?
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Armored_Pillow

@locopath:wait wait wait.where did you get the idea that i prefered CoD to Mario galaxy?or that i prefered anything in the first place?i said 360 and PS3 players are HATING because such a simple machine (nowadays) is still able to compete with thier "top-of-the-line" technology and "superior" playability.that has absolutely nothing to do with me.oh and if Wii sold more than 360 and PS3, obviously SOMEBODY prefers Wii over the others.think about it.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 wiifan001

you know what?forget what i said :] any questions?Armored_Pillow

Nope.

I am merely making a point that Nintendo never tried to develop first person shooters, therefore they could never have failed to do so. If you want to include Duck Hunt, well, 28 million says something.

yeah i don't mean failed at developing. i meant failed at making thier version of CoD games as popular as the xbox and PS3 versions.Armored_Pillow

Ok then, I see that's been established.

ASunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ASunGod
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
It's mainly ignorant teenagers and "hardcore gamers" no disrespect to any of them, but HardCore Gamers are probably some of the most ruthless people when it comes to "kiddy" games and "kiddy" consoles.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"] yeah really,sales talk.even without Nintendo, PS3 and Xbox is still failing to beat EACH OTHER with their "better technologies" and "better versions of the same game".it doesn't have to be sales.Nintendo has more fans too...Americans just like rooting for the "under dog" if I should say so.Armored_Pillow

i prefer both ^-^ i prefer Wii,PS3,360,PSP and DS ^-^.any questions?

My question is where do you get this "it's just sales"? I dislike the Wii cos it fails in games. Makes no difference to me if the Wii sold 10 copies, 10,000 copies or 10,000 million copies, if it's libary remains poor. Why would anyone care how much a certain console had sold?
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#82 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

IMO, the Wii's greatest strengths are its exclusive IPs and its versatility. The downsides are that it's non-HD and it lacks an impressive third-party lineup.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KBFloYd

Makes no difference to me if the Wii sold 10 copies, 10,000 copies or 10,000 million copies, locopatho

dont start lying now.. popularity matters because all your friends will have it and eveyone will talk about it..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Makes no difference to me if the Wii sold 10 copies, 10,000 copies or 10,000 million copies, KBFloYd

dont start lying now.. popularity matters because all your friends will have it and eveyone will talk about it..

That matters on a console with online and such. Most of my friends have 360 so I get COD for that console for that reason. Makes 0 difference on Wii.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
the Wii is my favorite console this gen
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Makes no difference to me if the Wii sold 10 copies, 10,000 copies or 10,000 million copies, locopatho

That matters on a console with online and such. Most of my friends have 360 so I get COD for that console for that reason. Makes 0 difference on Wii.

so it makes a difference for HD console but not for the wii? contradict much?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 meetroid8

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have all three current generation consoles. But the Wii is not a bad console. (it is akin to the original Xbox)

Just Nintendo has really slacked off by allowing the 3rd parties dump so many bad games on this console. The last great game for Wii is The legend of Zelda skyward Sword. November 20th 2011. Which could end up being Nintnedo's last game for Wii. The Wii U could actually launch in November 2012 which could mean exactly 1 whole year without any games for Wii.

Just one last year of 3rd Party dump a thon of sholved ware junk games.

The Wii is Nintendo's best selling console, But it has the most lopsided ratio of great Games to poor crap shovelware quick cash in junk games.

The console has fallen into the lack of 3rd party support. I am not sure Wii U will do better in this area.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] That matters on a console with online and such. Most of my friends have 360 so I get COD for that console for that reason. Makes 0 difference on Wii.meetroid8

It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without.

wii doesnt have online? thats news to me.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 locopatho
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] That matters on a console with online and such. Most of my friends have 360 so I get COD for that console for that reason. Makes 0 difference on Wii.meetroid8

Exaclty meetroid. Love how we've come full circle back to sales being relevant. At the start of the gen it was "sales are good because it means 3rd parties will jump aboard any day now!" Now it's "sales are good because... shut up!"
coltACP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 coltACP
Member since 2004 • 1044 Posts

Ok i supported the Wii idea back in 2006 adamantly and i STILL do. this is the thing at the time in 2006 ALOT of frnachises where being drastically NERFED, that is dumbed down to a idiotic denominator, simplified and butchered beyond their original epic scope, now anythign epic is actually quite mundane and lacking in any true imagination.The Wii offered a way out a way for canny developers to showcase ideas rather than simple graphical innovation, to estew gameplay rather than eye candy.The Wii failed, not because it was underpowered but because WE the gamers and the none gamers did NOT buy into IDEAs, anythign that had promise on the WII did not sell, forcing publishers not to support new ideas, and when they did they were not fully realised Nor did they sell.The gamers let down the Wii, so the developers let down the Wii.In my opinion even Nintendo have let down the Wii, Myomoto's own doubts about Skyward Sword prove that, they didn't really believe in their own House's ability to make good games for their OWN hardware? that is like releasing soemthing to fail.We don't Hate the Wii we hate what We've ultimately made the Wii.I persoanlly bought and tried every single game that tried soemthign different, and yes while the majority got it wrong, they never got a second chance to correct their error's instead being dissolved or made bankrupt due to the financial climate of the world. It's taken Nintendo themselves many years to squeeze and ascertain what works with motion and even previous ideas could still very well work given the correct talent, but i'm afraid we won't get to see this to fruition.The Wii-U will undoo everything the Wii tried to promote, a new level of interaction and immersion, sophistication and gameplay evelution.Instead we'll get the same crap with touch screen controls.Gaming died in the mid 90's for me, very few games have the heart and soul of that era, even the greats like Ocarina of Time, uncharted 2, Metal gear solid, aren't quite as brillliant as the 9's and 10's we try to bestow unpon them.No, gaming is gettign worse, contrary to many saying it's improving, we have certainly lost our way and the Wii's failure is a damn shame as neither Sony nor Microsoft want the ££$$ formula overtake the creative aspect of gaming.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

Would you like to compare Nintendo Wifi to Live or PSN? Because we could do that you know. :P
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 locopatho
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without. meetroid8

Would you like to compare Nintendo Wifi to Live or PSN? Because we could do that you know. :P

Now now lets be nice :P
metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

Among people I know, the Wii is hated because it is considered inferior to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Honestly, the 360's 2011 lineup is comparable to the ENTIRE Wii library. That is just embarrassing if you think about it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without. meetroid8

i know psn is better but doesnt negate the fact that wii has online.

but

ok go for it...

whats so much better about psn?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

but

ok go for it...

Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Would you like to compare Nintendo Wifi to Live or PSN? Because we could do that you know. :Pmeetroid8

but

ok go for it...

Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi.

other than trophies, this is completely true. imo they do more bad than good.
Maurik03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 Maurik03
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

well, i will be always on nintendo sides, the nintendo games are much more fun than others consoles and dont mess up our children minds, making nintendo wii a better choice for families or alone people who likes to pass hours having fun with link, mario, DK and others. the others consoles just work for the people who likes to kill others people and cant do this in reality, more and more games are appeling to violence and let it go of all the magig of video-games.

thats my opinion, and everybody has one, so be quiet!

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Los9090

Among people I know, the Wii is hated because it is considered inferior to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Honestly, the 360's 2011 lineup is comparable to the ENTIRE Wii library. That is just embarrassing if you think about it.

metswonin69
Yeah, the Box and the Sonys are and always will have an elitist attitude towards the Wii. Eff them
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 KBFloYd

Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi. meetroid8

friend codes? yea i guess if you have more than 5 friends it a hassle...but if you only have 2 or no friends then who cares..

voice chat? meh...fun for the first week then it just becomes a way to annoy people or talk trash or show off how you can chat and beat people at the same time...overrated.

trophie/achievements? what does this have to do with online? this is an offline perk.

downloadable reatail games? i prefer a real disc ..like many others...nice to have but meh

yes psn has more games to play online but that doesnt negate the fact that wii has many online games too.

---

lack of messaging the person your playing with..is my biggest complaint with the wii