Why all the hate for the Wii

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi. KBFloYd

friend codes? yea i guess if you have more than 5 friends it a hassle...but if you only have 2 or no friends then who cares..

voice chat? meh...fun for the first week then it just becomes a way to annoy people or talk trash or show off how you can chat and beat people at the same time...overrated.

trophie/achievements? what does this have to do with online? this is an offline perk.

downloadable reatail games? i prefer a real disc ..like many others...nice to have but meh

yes psn has more games to play online but that doesnt negate the fact that wii has many online games too.

---

lack of messaging the person your playing with..is my biggest complaint with the wii

Prefernces don't beat facts..... If you don't like that stuff, it still exists. If someone hated Nintendo games, that wouldn't stop them from existing either....
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Prefernces don't beat facts..... If you don't like that stuff, it still exists. If someone hated Nintendo games, that wouldn't stop them from existing either....locopatho

this whole thing started because you said sales dont matter....they do..get over it.

it influences you one way or another...dont lie.

metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
[QUOTE="metswonin69"]

Among people I know, the Wii is hated because it is considered inferior to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Honestly, the 360's 2011 lineup is comparable to the ENTIRE Wii library. That is just embarrassing if you think about it.

Los9090
Yeah, the Box and the Sonys are and always will have an elitist attitude towards the Wii. Eff them

Well you can't blame them. They have never had to wait a year for a high-quality game to be released on their system.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Prefernces don't beat facts..... If you don't like that stuff, it still exists. If someone hated Nintendo games, that wouldn't stop them from existing either....KBFloYd

this whole thing started because you said sales dont matter....they do..get over it.

it influences you one way or another...dont lie.

Tell me how. In any way. A consoles library of games, it's graphics and sound, it's power, it's online, it's extra media features, things that I can use and enjoy are what matter. Not how many random Americans are playing Mario too at this exact point in time... If you've managed to convince yourself the Wii selling 90 (?) million somehow makes up for it's dire 3rd party and 4 year lifespan then well done, you've managed to break reality possibly with the aid of some pills :P
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 locopatho
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="metswonin69"]

Among people I know, the Wii is hated because it is considered inferior to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Honestly, the 360's 2011 lineup is comparable to the ENTIRE Wii library. That is just embarrassing if you think about it.

metswonin69
Yeah, the Box and the Sonys are and always will have an elitist attitude towards the Wii. Eff them

Well you can't blame them. They have never had to wait a year for a high-quality game to be released on their system.

It really isn't elitist when you can quite easily compare Wii's entire library to this past year of 360 or PS3, and find it pretty close.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="metswonin69"][QUOTE="Los9090"] Yeah, the Box and the Sonys are and always will have an elitist attitude towards the Wii. Eff them

It really isn't elitist when you can quite easily compare Wii's entire library to this past year of 360 or PS3, and find it pretty close.

what if you aren't delusional? If we're strictly talking exclusives then you might have an argument against 360. With multiplats in the picture wii is a distant almost nonexistent 3rd.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="metswonin69"] Well you can't blame them. They have never had to wait a year for a high-quality game to be released on their system. MFDOOM1983

what if you aren't delusional? If we're strictly talking exclusives then you might have an argument against 360. With multiplats in the picture wii is a distant almost nonexistent 3rd.

If you're talking exclusives the Wii has the most highly rated exclusives out of ANY console by far, that's common knowledge on gamespot, they have the chart around here somewhere.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#108 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="locopatho"] It really isn't elitist when you can quite easily compare Wii's entire library to this past year of 360 or PS3, and find it pretty close.WreckEm711

If you're talking exclusives the Wii has the most highly rated exclusives out of ANY console by far, that's common knowledge on gamespot, they have the chart around here somewhere.

Exclusives matter just as much as sales. ZILCH! Because they don't freekin matter, dummy!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 locopatho
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="metswonin69"] Well you can't blame them. They have never had to wait a year for a high-quality game to be released on their system.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying, all the good games WIi got in it's lifetime vs all the good games 360 or PS3 got this past year would be nearly the same. 4/5 years of Wii vs 1 year of 360/PS3 is pretty close. Which isn't a compliment for teh Wiinis :P
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

WreckEm711

this one?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AriQpIFbPoEacGM1b0xxcGVucFQ3OFc4N3BNZmd2QkE&gid=3

ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#111 ForzaAbruzzo
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

I think that the Wii was in ingenius BUSINESS idea by Nintendo in order for them to regain their prominence in the console gaming market. It was well hyped (prior to release), and well marketed upon release. Personally, I find the motion controls were indeed revolutionary for the gaming experience offered, but at the same time also heavily limited the potential of the consol as 3rd party developers for the most part weren't willing to invest the time and money into games due to the technology. The fact that it was technically inferior to the other two consoles didn't help matters much either. I also feel that Nintendo limited the Wii's capabilities by ommitting features such as HD and DVD playback in order to release it at a very competitive launch price.

In the end, I think the main objective of the Wii was for Nintendo to regain some ground, and in that respect it was incredibly succesful. As far as it offering a fulfilling gaming experience is concerned though, I think it's lack of quality 3rd party support really hurt it in the end. I own both a Wii and a PS3, and although there are a few games on my Wii that I absolutely adore (Silent Hill: SM, MEtroid Prime 3: Corruption, etc.), it really just doesn't hold much ground to a HD console that features DVD/Blu-Ray playback, and releases awesome 3rd party titles on a regular basis. Personally, having to wait months, or even up to a year for a highly anticipated Wii exclusive just isn't my opinion of a good time.

ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ForzaAbruzzo

My only problem with the wii was the third party. Just imagine having a Nintendo system with great third party titles like soul calibur, skyrim, gta along with the great first party titles that nintendo offers. Now that the wii is more powerful like the hd twins I may never have to buy all three consoles every gen from the big 3.

Ghost120x

This is what used to burn me the most during the year and a half that I only owned a Wii. Seeing all my friends (PS3 and 360 owners) rant and rave about playing all the hottest new games, or seeing commercials for them 24/7 and not being able to join in on the fun got to be pretty frustrating and discouraging. Needless to say I became a really happy camper when I finally got my PS3 a year ago.

Luizao2779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Luizao2779
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

I love my Wii, and the Mario games, SMGs are great games, but the thruth is that if you are a hardcore gamer, a Wii will never be enough. I recently got a PS3 after my gamming PC died, and hadn't played with the Wii since. My daughters still play it though, my wife prefers the PS3.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 WreckEm711

I love my Wii, and the Mario games, SMGs are great games, but the thruth is that if you are a hardcore gamer, a Wii will never be enough. I recently got a PS3 after my gamming PC died, and hadn't played with the Wii since. My daughters still play it though, my wife prefers the PS3.

Luizao2779

Glad I'm not a hardcore gamer then, I have all three consoles and highly prefer the Wii :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 locopatho

[QUOTE="Luizao2779"]

WreckEm711

Glad I'm not a hardcore gamer then, I have all three consoles and highly prefer the Wii :P

Come on mang. All silly System Wars bull **** aside. What gamer in their right mind could have lasted this gen, this year in particular with just a Wii? And not be aching for all the awesome it missed?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Luizao2779"]

locopatho

Come on mang. All silly System Wars bull **** aside. What gamer in their right mind could have lasted this gen, this year in particular with just a Wii? And not be aching for all the awesome it missed?

Just a Wii, no, but he didn't word it like that, as he has several consoles. Honestly I think I could have survived with only a Wii up until this year, but Skyrim alone commands my worship, and there are many other great titles this year to be enjoyed :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Luizao2779"]

locopatho

Well, console wise I only have a Wii, and I seem to be doing okay.

And I'm so well-adjusted. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Pixel-Perfect

Bet you have a PC for multiplats though? And if not, surely you must feel a teensy bit like playing Skyrim or Dark Souls or Arkham City and the tne million other great multiplats all gen long?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Come on mang. All silly System Wars bull **** aside. What gamer in their right mind could have lasted this gen, this year in particular with just a Wii? And not be aching for all the awesome it missed?locopatho

Bet you have a PC for multiplats though? And if not, surely you must feel a teensy bit like playing Skyrim or Dark Souls or Arkham City and the tne million other great multiplats all gen long?

Nah, I just have a laptop for my computing needs.

Between my Wii, 3DS, and PSP, I have more games than I even have time for, so it just doesn't seem like a good idea to invest in a new system (or a gaming PC) right now. If I didn't have my handhelds the Wii probably wouldn't be enough, but it is possible to live without owning a PS3 or a 360. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Between my Wii, 3DS, and PSP, I have more games than I even have time for, so it just doesn't seem like a good idea to invest in a new system (or a gaming PC) right now. If I didn't have my handhelds the Wii probably wouldn't be enough, but it is possible to live without owning a PS3 or a 360. :P

Fair enough. I couldn't miss teh Skyrim tho :D
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Luizao2779"]

locopatho

I see where you are coming from. On the other hand, if I 'only' had a PS3 (which I almost purchased, JUST for Demon's Souls and the hope of Bumpy Trot 2), I would have been looking at all the Wii exclusives (and all the GCN stuff I finally am privy to) and been missing that.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

What do you guys think of the wii and all the hate

soapman72

Several factors

1. Those that don't own a Wii
-people tend to justify their decisions in life (both the decision to take the path they did and the decision to not take the path they didn't)
-this is done to ease cognitive dissonance
....they do it by attacking, rationalizing, projecting, etc (insert any number of psychological defense mechanisms)

2. Those that own a Wii
2 categories:
(i) Those that are disappointing by the games/experience...they regret getting a Wii/don't like the Wii
-eventually information that is counter to your choice becomes so great (the cognitive dissonance becomes so great) that someone has no choice but to change their mind...they can't rationalize their choice anymore
(ii) Those disappointed with Nintendo as a company and the choices they have made (Zelda controls, not bringing certain games to all areas, etc).
They like the Wii but feel betrayed

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Because it pretty much has everything that the competition wants minus HD. You can clearly see this in the imitation versions of things that come out on the other consoles that the Wii already has. Joe Danger, Move, Vita's Touch Screen, Rumored Sony Smash Bros, Kinect Sports, etc
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="soapman72"] What do you guys think of the wii and all the hate

rawsavon

Several factors

1. Those that don't own a Wii
-people tend to justify their decisions in life (both the decision to take the path they did and the decision to not take the path they didn't)
-this is done to ease cognitive dissonance
....they do it by attacking, rationalizing, projecting, etc (insert any number of psychological defense mechanisms)

2. Those that own a Wii
2 categories:
(i) Those that are disappointing by the games/experience...they regret getting a Wii/don't like the Wii
-eventually information that is counter to your choice becomes so great (the cognitive dissonance becomes so great) that someone has no choice but to change their mind...they can't rationalize their choice anymore
(ii) Those disappointed with Nintendo as a company and the choices they have made (Zelda controls, not bringing certain games to all areas, etc).
They like the Wii but feel betrayed

Did you take Coca-Lyle as a psychology professor up at Tech? Your wording for different psychological terminologies Is like, word for word how her class was presented :P
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 rawsavon
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] Did you take Coca-Lyle as a psychology professor up at Tech? Your wording for different psychological terminologies Is like, word for word how her class was presented :P

No. Doubt she was there when I got my first degree (which was psychology)....that was like 10 years ago.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Because Reggie just loves to thank us for being such great fans.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] Did you take Coca-Lyle as a psychology professor up at Tech? Your wording for different psychological terminologies Is like, word for word how her class was presented :Prawsavon
No. Doubt she was there when I got my first degree (which was psychology)....that was like 10 years ago.

Yeah she's fairly new, guess Tech hasn't changed their lesson plans too much in the last ten years, it was seriously eerie reading your post :P

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"] Did you take Coca-Lyle as a psychology professor up at Tech? Your wording for different psychological terminologies Is like, word for word how her class was presented :PWreckEm711

Yeah she's fairly new, guess Tech hasn't changed their lesson plans too much in the last ten years, it was seriously eerie reading your post :P

...more like psychology (at least the basics) hasn't evolved much in a decade >_>
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] No. Doubt she was there when I got my first degree (which was psychology)....that was like 10 years ago.rawsavon

...more like psychology (at least the basics) hasn't evolved much in a decade >_>

As with my previous post, I was referring to the wording, not the content.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Maybe I am your teacher playing a rude ass guy on the internet for purely experimental reasons
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...more like psychology (at least the basics) hasn't evolved much in a decade >_>rawsavon

Maybe I am your teacher playing a rude ass guy on the internet for purely experimental reasons

Given all the stress experiments she made me participate in, it sounds like something she'd do :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Bet you have a PC for multiplats though? And if not, surely you must feel a teensy bit like playing Skyrim or Dark Souls or Arkham City and the tne million other great multiplats all gen long?locopatho

Fair enough. I couldn't miss teh Skyrim tho :D

Skyrim is definitely tempting.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

The main issue with the Wii is that it tries to do things that it shouldn't in an attempt to make up for its shortcomings. The internet browser is ridiculous, online play for many games is terrible (think SSBM), and there are too many peripherals that have no business existing. The game library is fine, but Nintendo's exclusive franchises are never annual (nor should they be), so its only possible to come out with so many Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games in a generation. Plus when you look at the features that other consoles have, it makes the Wii look even worse.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

AtelierFan

I see where you are coming from. On the other hand, if I 'only' had a PS3 (which I almost purchased, JUST for Demon's Souls and the hope of Bumpy Trot 2), I would have been looking at all the Wii exclusives (and all the GCN stuff I finally am privy to) and been missing that.

Agreed, I am much happier with all 3 consoles then with any 2 or 1 of them. But If I did have just one, it wouldn';t be a Wii,just saying :P

ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ForzaAbruzzo

It was definitely a great business strategy and a revolutionary idea. Its just too bad that the actual hardware was so poorly developed.

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="Armored_Pillow"]

you know what?forget what i said :] any questions?wiifan001

Nope.

I am merely making a point that Nintendo never tried to develop first person shooters, therefore they could never have failed to do so. If you want to include Duck Hunt, well, 28 million says something.

yeah i don't mean failed at developing. i meant failed at making thier version of CoD games as popular as the xbox and PS3 versions.Armored_Pillow

Ok then, I see that's been established.

someone's got a lot of persistence...

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Armored_Pillow

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without. meetroid8

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Makes no difference to me if the Wii sold 10 copies, 10,000 copies or 10,000 million copies, KBFloYd

dont start lying now.. popularity matters because all your friends will have it and eveyone will talk about it..

hear!hear! lol

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi. meetroid8

friend codes? yea i guess if you have more than 5 friends it a hassle...but if you only have 2 or no friends then who cares..

voice chat? meh...fun for the first week then it just becomes a way to annoy people or talk trash or show off how you can chat and beat people at the same time...overrated.

trophie/achievements? what does this have to do with online? this is an offline perk.

downloadable reatail games? i prefer a real disc ..like many others...nice to have but meh

yes psn has more games to play online but that doesnt negate the fact that wii has many online games too.

---

lack of messaging the person your playing with..is my biggest complaint with the wii

Prefernces don't beat facts..... If you don't like that stuff, it still exists. If someone hated Nintendo games, that wouldn't stop them from existing either....

i definetly agree with the freind codes thing.Nintedno needs to stop that crap.it's not even as safe as i'm geussing they intended it to be becuase all you gotta do is go online and swap random peoples freind codes....
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

so it makes a difference for HD console but not for the wii? contradict much?

It makes a difference for a console with a focus on online as opposed to one without.

wii doesnt have online? thats news to me.

it does...but i'm geussing your being sarcastic :P
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Armored_Pillow

wii doesnt have online? thats news to me.

locopatho

Would you like to compare Nintendo Wifi to Live or PSN? Because we could do that you know. :P

Now now lets be nice :P

yeah...man...Wii's online truly sucks.and my mario kart keeps disconnecting me but i'm right next to my modem!

Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Armored_Pillow

Would you like to compare Nintendo Wifi to Live or PSN? Because we could do that you know. :Pmeetroid8

i know psn is better but doesnt negate the fact that wii has online.

but

ok go for it...

whats so much better about psn?

Friend codes automatically make Nintendo Wifi worse than everything else. Lack of voice chat for most games, no trophies/achievements, lack of downloadable retail games. And most importantly, there are more and better games to play online on PSN than there are to play on Nintendo Wifi.

facepalm...and to think the Wii came out AFTER xbox made LIVE,to think Nintendo would try to IMPROVE on it...sigh.