What is the worst Nintendo console?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

I love Nintendo. Always have. Every system is great. But out of all of them I would have to say the Wii. I still love the Wii though :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34619 Posts

I think I agree with you. I still love it.

Edit: I didn't even count the Virtual Boy, mind you.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mariokart97

I think I agree with you. I still love it.Litchie

Yes it is the worst in my opinion but its still great :D

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#4 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Virtual Boy. Must I say more?

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

the wii its horrible

tophustler
no its not because it plays almost every great nintendo game from the past and it still has great games. my wii library is some of the greatest for it. you have to sift through the bad stuff to find them
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Those of you who say the wii is, you dont even know what the Virtual Boy is. Lets just say the Wii doesn't make you blind.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

The SNES.

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
Excluding the Virtual Boy, probably the Wii, which is still awesome.
john197204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 john197204
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

I have bought Nintendo products since the SNES days but the Wii really is a shocking excuse for a console.

Sorry,just my opinion.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
to me it is the 64 i only liked 5 games on it i wouldn't have bought one but then i heard that re0 was going to be only on the 64 the next day i bought the 64 and a month later i heard that capcom was delaying re0 for the gamecube or at that time the dolphin
Kyousuk3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kyousuk3z
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts

the virtual boy it is.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

either the SNES or gamecube.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

The Virtual Boy followed by the NES.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i would say the virtual boy but tectonically its not a console but a handheld wow to people that say the snes it is one of the greatest systems made the top rpgs of all time came from it
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

The SNES.[spoiler] :P [/spoiler] dtno132
either the SNES or gamecube.KBFloYd
what? What? THE SNES? are you serious its the best nintendo console not the worst

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#18 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I don't know why people are saying the SNES is the worst when it clearly isn't I think it's the best Nintendo console as for the worst it's the Virtual Boy it was just awful.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#20 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

the Vitrual boy. No question

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#21 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

the wii its horrible

tophustler

Get lost.

Virtual Boy, I think. (That's if "Play it Loud!" doesn't count....)

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I think that the Wii is the worst console made by Nintendo. I would have said virtual boy but I don't think it would even count. It hasn't even been out long enough to make a decision. Plus isn't more of a handheld? My friend's a big time Nintendo lover, only had Nintendo systems for years and got a ps3 and 360 this year, even he found the Wii to be the lamest so far and he said he had more fun with the GC.

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

what? What? THE SNES? are you serious its the best nintendo console not the worst

bigM10231

Um... That's why I put the spoiler tag. lol

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Virtual Boy for sure.
misiufraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misiufraggle
Member since 2009 • 653 Posts
I can't comment on the Virtual Boy as I never tried it. I bought an original Gameboy Advance not long after launch. The screen was awful! I traded it for some PS2 games after about a week, purely because the screen was so bad!
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

What a terribly difficult question.

I'm going to have to go with the SNES because I never owned one. Sadly, I was a Genesis kid. (I understand that the previous two sentences are blastphamus in these forums, but I can't choose one of the Nintendo consoles that I have sitting right in front of me. They are all too awesome.)

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Virtual Boy then GameCube.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
virtual boy then cube, but the cube wasnt particularly terrible.more like a wii now with less support overall.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

The virtual boy never came out over here and it is hardly remembered let alone classes as a real console, the Wii is Nintendo's worst console in my opinion, it isn't awful or anything I just expect more from Nintendo. I remember at the start of this gen when they claimed games would be cheaper? what happened there then? also I think its the most expensive hardware over here now :| Nintendo console's have all cost me £130 (thats SNES, N64 and GC over that time span, how amazing is that and they all performed amazing for their time) but this gen I think its a lot more style over substance :(.

Anyway thats enough negativity, its a testiment to Nintendo just how much win their worst console ever (in many peoples eyes) has in it. Once again while few and far between when we have got a classic first party installment it has been stellar, and the virtual console is great if you want a trip down memory lane or maybe missed a classic.

*Note: those console prices were at launch price, Wii was £180 (and I wouldn't know about the NES as I was 5 and it was my brothers anyway).

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Virtual Boy

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Seeing as how this appears to be a more subjective discussion than anything, and I haven't played the Virtual Boy to make a claim on that (and I'm not entirely sure if it fits or not here, even though it has been mentioned a few times), I'm going to say the SNES.

Don't take it the wrong way. I really like the SNES as a console, but from a broader perspective, it just didn't "wow" me as much as Nintendo's other systems have. For me, it's a system caught between the NES and N64, two very revolutionary systems, and while the system definitely had its share of excellent games, it wasn't some mind-blowing leap for me. Playing Super Mario World, while very enjoyable, wasn't quite the experience as playing Super Mario Bros. 1 or 3, nor was it the totally different perspective that Super Mario 64 was. While it's merely one series I'm talking about, I think this best sums up how I feel about the systems as a whole in the matter. The GameCube is kinda the same way, but it's hard to say that when your collection of games have more GCN titles than anything else, you know? :P

That, and like Arc, I grew up with mostly the Genesis in the 16-bit days. Making the SNES pretty much the only Nintendo console that wasn't my main system doing that gen. Heck, I didn't even have an SNES until a few years ago, where I picked one up as part of my retro gaming shopping spree of sorts. Still, I think all of the Nintendo systems have all made an impact on me as a gamer, and it's not like I dislike any of them by a long shot.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

virtual boy of course, and the gamecube as a distant 2nd worst.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mariokart97

Those of you who say the wii is, you dont even know what the Virtual Boy is. Lets just say the Wii doesn't make you blind.paradigm68

I know what a virtual boy is and I happen to own one. But I didnt count it because it is not a major console.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="paradigm68"]Those of you who say the wii is, you dont even know what the Virtual Boy is. Lets just say the Wii doesn't make you blind.mariokart97

I know what a virtual boy is and I happen to own one. But I didnt count it because it is not a major console.

The Virtual Boy is a handheld console video game device or home console depends on how you look at it. The Wii is a home console video game device. TC only said "Nintendo console." He didn't say whether it's home or handheld. Anyway, I'm gonna say it's probably the Gamecube beside the Virtual Boy. Besides, Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime series, there's not much on the console.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I'm going to say the N64 is the worst.
Wii is 2nd worst.

Best to Worst:

1. SNES
  2. NES
  3. GC
  4. Wii
  5. N64

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#36 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Excluding the virtual boy, I'll go with the Gamecube, then I guess the N64.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#37 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Virtual Boy by a landslide.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 intro94
virtual boy then cube, but the cube wasnt particularly terrible.more like a wii now with less support overall.intro94
im correcting myself, i TOTALLY forgot about the n64, the console that got not a single rpg in its entire lineup except rpg 64...RPG 64..(shots himself).The cube had it much better(OOT and M 64 were good tho).
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

I have to agree withe virtual boy, of course. Only tried my cousins a couple times, but that was more than enough.

But then I would say the Nintendo 64. Its the only Nintendo console I never owned, and never actually wanted too. I can only think of like 5 games I would ever want from it (Mario 64, the 2 zeldas, paper mario, and mario kart).

While the SNES is of course Super, I have had some of my best games and best times with the Gamecube (Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, Baten Kaitos, Mario Parties, Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, Windwaker, etc.).

qsefthuko50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 qsefthuko50
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

those of you who say the wii should honestly line up aNES next to it and say which one is giving you the most enjoyment because then only the die hard sie hard 30 year olds will say the wii is worse. Oh and im talking about right now not your memorys of the NES cuz alots changed.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

those of you who say the wii should honestly line up aNES next to it and say which one is giving you the most enjoyment because then only the die hard sie hard 30 year olds will say the wii is worse. Oh and im talking about right now not your memorys of the NES cuz alots changed.

qsefthuko50

Ya stupid 30 year olds. They've only seen every major console era since the Atari. What would they know?

Kids...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Litchie  Online

qsefthuko50

I disagree. You should compare the consoles by how they were when they were recent. The NES was God when it came. The SNES was pure awesomeness. Same for the N64 and GC. I don't get the same feeling with the Wii. Probably because Nintendo chose to make a bunch of different things I don't care for as much as the old franchises, such as Pikmin, Starfox, DK, to name a few, plus the worse (in my opinion) third party support. The Wii have enough stuff for me to love it, but my love for the other consoles is bigger.

Is Ocarina of Time a bad game when you line it up next to Twilight Princess, or is it an awesome game from the past? I think the latter.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 intro94

[QUOTE="qsefthuko50"]

Litchie

I disagree. You should compare the consoles by how they were when they were recent. The NES was God when it came. The SNES was pure awesomeness. Same for the N64 and GC. I don't get the same feeling with the Wii. Probably because Nintendo chose to make a bunch of different things I don't care for as much as the old franchises, such as Pikmin, Starfox, DK, to name a few, plus the worse (in my opinion) third party support. The Wii have enough stuff for me to love it, but my love for the other consoles is bigger.

Is Ocarina of Time a bad game when you line it up next to Twilight Princess, or is it an awesome game from the past? I think the latter.

you think the n64 was gold while ps was out?being God when the PS2 got every single game out there and sold it 3 to 1 despite being more expensive ????When the Cube was out ,and specially, then n64 nobody bought them (in comparison to other consoles) because they were certainly anything but top class choices.They were the the cheaper. NES and SNES were popular, n64 and cube, no.I mean i understand if youlike for some reason the 64 over the rest but you must admit that the choices were brutally limited when you got that console and thats why it sold so little compared to every single other Nintendo console.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Litchie  Online

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

[QUOTE="qsefthuko50"]

intro94

you think the n64 was gold while ps was out?being God when the PS2 got every single game out there and sold it 3 to 1 despite being more expensive ????When the Cube was out ,and specially, then n64 nobody bought them (in comparison to other consoles) because they were certainly anything but top class choices.They were the the cheaper. NES and SNES were popular, n64 and cube, no.I mean i understand if youlike for some reason the 64 over the rest but you must admit that the choices were brutally limited when you got that console and thats why it sold so little compared to every single other Nintendo console.

I didn't even understand your post. You're talking about stuff I didn't even mention. If you're asking me if I like Nintendo's older consoles more than the PS1 and PS2, then the answer is yes.

And my statement, that old games and consoles aren't bad just because there is new stuff out, still stands.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Home console wise in order from greatest to worst:

1)Super Nes

2)Nes

3)N64

4)GC

5)Wii

Taking into account ALL Ninty consoles, Virtual Boy hands down!

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 intro94

[QUOTE="intro94"][QUOTE="Litchie"] I disagree. You should compare the consoles by how they were when they were recent. The NES was God when it came. The SNES was pure awesomeness. Same for the N64 and GC. I don't get the same feeling with the Wii. Probably because Nintendo chose to make a bunch of different things I don't care for as much as the old franchises, such as Pikmin, Starfox, DK, to name a few, plus the worse (in my opinion) third party support. The Wii have enough stuff for me to love it, but my love for the other consoles is bigger.

Litchie

I didn't even understand your post. You're talking about stuff I didn't even mention. If you're asking me if I like Nintendo's older consoles more than the PS1 and PS2, then the answer is yes.

And my statement, that old games and consoles aren't bad just because there is new stuff out, still stands.

Well i was asuming that you would preffer n64 to the competition, but in general terrms, aside of you,that wasnt the case. In all terms(amount of games, amount of highly rated games! and DIVERSITY of genres), the wii is standing better than both previous attempts, while the generation isnt over yet. So i cant fathom how someone who back then preffered the cube over the other leading consoles of its time now thinks otherwise.
Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

Anyone who doesn't think its the Virtual Boy has issues. I don't see how you can exclude the Virtual Boy on any grounds, except that it was the worst console Nintendo ever made, but that would defeat the purpose of this exercise.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Litchie  Online

Anyone who doesn't think its the Virtual Boy has issues. I don't see how you can exclude the Virtual Boy on any grounds, except that it was the worst console Nintendo ever made, but that would defeat the purpose of this exercise.

Jamisonia

Well, including the obviously worst Nintendo console in everyone's mind would make this thread highly uninteresting. More fun to see what people prefer between NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

N64 cartridge format hated it.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
from best to worst (and only counting the main systems) 1) N64 2) SNES 3) GC 4) NES 5) Wii Mind you, that list is horribly close with the exception of the Wii, it's obviously the worst for me.