What is the worst Nintendo console?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34720 Posts

N64 cartridge format hated it.

maxgil2
Why?
mikero_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mikero_11
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts

I would rank them like this:

SNES (Best)
N64

Gamecube

NES

Wii

Virtual Boy (Worst)

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="maxgil2"]

Litchie

Why?

Could have been the lack of 3rd party support due to cartridges being super expensive to dev for compared to CDs. Not to mention cartridges haveing less power and not being able to deliver the same quality music, videos that CD games enjoyed, ex MGS and FF.

N64 definetly saw a downturn in 3rd party support compared to the snes thanks to the horrid choice to stick with carts and it has set a trend between 3rd partys and Ninty that we see up unitll this day!

tophustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tophustler
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

the wii it sucks horribly and it is not even a console it is a childs toy ill play my xbox 360 and ps3 and use my wii as a coaster while u wii noy owners will cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

Nope your all wrong. It's the Color TV Game 6.

Color TV Game 6

Six types of Pong FTL.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts

Nope your all wrong. It's the Color TV Game 6.

Color TV Game 6

Six types of Pong FTL.

well it was their first "console" ever, so it's forgivable.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#57 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Lawl at you guys saying the Wii is Nintendo's Worst Console where the Blinding Death that is the Virtual Boy and the Philips CD-i Are Screaming like a Banshee.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts
obhiously its the virtual boy or CD-i. laughable really. discarding those though. from a hardware perspective...probably the N64. what were ninty thinking? not only the carts (which was a pretty big problem in and of itself) but the general architecture of the N64 was a disaster. hell to develop for. from a games perspective probably the wii. it has many excellent games but it doesn't have its mario 64 or metroid prime. not yet anyway.
Tauu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tauu
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

The NES duh. It's the weakest.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Virtual Boy. Must I say more?

SSBMFighter

I liked it.

Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

I'm going with the GC/Wii

Wii definitely has more software support, but I think most of it is still rubbish

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Wow... even on a Wii forum Wii still gets the most hate. best-worst for me: 1) SNES 2) Wii (that's right) 3) NES 4) GC 5) N64 I appreciate what N64 brought to the table that gen, I just think Sony did a much better job with Playstation, the N64 was more expensive and had much less software and options. I liked GC, the controller was comfortable, it had some great games, but it just didn't do enough to compete. NES was incredible for it's time and many of it's games are still great now, but it's time has past plain and simple. Wii is still underrated, it fluidly combined traditional controls with motion interface to expand the possibilities and create a more intuitive experience. SNES had so many great games that you could play endlessly, old or not this console has killer software.
1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

Virtual Boy by very far. I pity those that say Wii.

The second would be Gamecube. It was basically the N64 with improved graphics.

antiredcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 antiredcap
Member since 2007 • 1757 Posts

Virtual Boy

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Virtual Boy of course (although it did have like 3 good games) and then the NES.

hypn05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hypn05
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Virtual Boy and GC I still love wii after more than 2 years
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

the virtual boy for sure that was an abomination. but for consoles i would go gamecube followed by wii. in my opinion nintendo hasnt learned anything with the failures of the gamecube. it seems like the wanna go the same path with the wii as the gamecube thats just my opinion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

5th: Wii is the worst outta the 5 main Nintendo consoles. That's not "fanboyism" or "hate", it's just what I think comparing it's library to the other Nintendos.

4th: GC is the second worst right now imo, but I think Wii will overtake it before too long.

3rd: N64 was great, had many utterly mindblowing games, but a bit overshadowed by PS1 and it's CD games. N64 had some major genre gaps too.

2nd: NES was apparently awesome, world changing, life saving, but I was too young to know :P But I can definately still appreciate the console that birthed Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Megaman, and Ninja Gaiden!

1st: What can I say? SNES was the king! Ah, **** it, SNES still is the king!

dwd_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dwd_27
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

commodore 64 was S+++

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#70 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

I'm excluding the Virtual Boy, since it was more of a spin-off product.

I'm suprised more aren't saying the GameCube. Out of all 5 of Nintendo's main systems, the GameCube had the most negative effect both on Nintendo and consumers.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
The Wii. But I still like it a lot.
jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

The Virtual Boy followed by the NES.

Sky-

I agree, although now that I look back at past consoles, Nintendo has done pretty well.

hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

The best betwen NES & Wii

and the worst... none

well maybe SNES cause I didnt like it that much

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

I wouldn't be able to order all the consoles or decide which console I think is the best. But I do know that without a doubt, GC was by miles my least favourite console and here is why...

Controller:

Like the SNES it barely came up witha new controller design from it's previous console. Although the SNES like the NES felt good and the SNES had more buttons so I would call it an improvement. The GC controller to me just felt like a mutated, awkward version of the 64's.

Games:

Super Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party - out of all these franchises the GC's entrys were all the ones I enjoyed the least or didn't have any interest to even play. Toon link scared me away from Zelda.Melee though the majority seem to prefer I enjoyed less than SMB64 or Brawl. But in melee's defense I played Melee considerably less so maybe if I had played it more I would change my mind.

In conclusion I found the GC to be similar to that of SNES at it's time. But I found the SNES to be an improvement on the NES in almost every way where as I feel they took a step backwards From the 64 to the GC. GC was the first ninty console that for the first time, not everyone seemed to have, in fact it was the console that nobody seemed to have. The GC is the only nintendo console you could swipe from existence and It would have no impact on my life. And lastly the Wii swallowed the GC so there is no point to purchase a GC console anymore.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I remember playing the Virtual Boy once in a Best Buy and I had a headache for the rest of the night.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I wouldn't be able to order all the consoles or decide which console I think is the best. But I do know that without a doubt, GC was by miles my least favourite console and here is why...

Controller:

Like the SNES it barely came up witha new controller design from it's previous console. Although the SNES like the NES felt good and the SNES had more buttons so I would call it an improvement. The GC controller to me just felt like a mutated, awkward version of the 64's.

Games:

Super Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party - out of all these franchises the GC's entrys were all the ones I enjoyed the least or didn't have any interest to even play. Toon link scared me away from Zelda.Melee though the majority seem to prefer I enjoyed less than SMB64 or Brawl. But in melee's defense I played Melee considerably less so maybe if I had played it more I would change my mind.

In conclusion I found the GC to be similar to that of SNES at it's time. But I found the SNES to be an improvement on the NES in almost every way where as I feel they took a step backwards From the 64 to the GC. GC was the first ninty console that for the first time, not everyone seemed to have, in fact it was the console that nobody seemed to have. The GC is the only nintendo console you could swipe from existence and It would have no impact on my life. And lastly the Wii swallowed the GC so there is no point to purchase a GC console anymore.

knuckl3head

are you kidding? The gamecube controller only required you to have two hands to use as opposed to the N64 which required you to have 3.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

Controller:

Games:

Serraph105

are you kidding? The gamecube controller only required you to have two hands to use as opposed to the N64 which required you to have 3.

or a gifted feet. LOL.
tortlecar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 tortlecar
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts
shouldn't it be 'what is the worst nintendo console? N64 or Gamecube? lol If it wasn't for the innovation of the motion sensor and some great ingenuity of some of the games, the Wii would be a contender in my book. Patient gamers know that most companies don't seem to be trying to deliver the goods with the whole motion sensor thing and create any original games. But thats another post. From a 1st party game standpoint N64 beats out Gamecube by quite a bit. But Gamecube has all those good violent mainstream games that appeared on other consoles. N64 also has the worst Nintendo controller. N64 definetly has some purity going for it, but foggy graphics and clunky controls plague alot of their games. I'd have to say Gamecube beats out N64. I didn't really like N64 except certain games anyway. Here is a list of the games that I want for both systems so you can decide for yourself which one is better. With the 64 there were almost no games that exist on any other system. To be fair I didn't include conversions of PC games on the Gamecube. It all comes down to preference. N64 Blast Corps, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Star Fox 64, Wetrix, Pilot Wings, Tetrisphere, Aidyn Chronicles, Body Harvest, Mario 64, Battle Tanx, Battle Tanx Global Assault, Conkers Bad Fur Day South Park, Pefect Dark, Dr. Mario 64, Hybrid Heaven, Mischief Makers, Knife Edge:Nose Gunner, Jet Force Gemini, Duck Dodgers, Kirby 64, Goemons Great Adventure,Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Diddy Kong Racing. Gamecube Cubivore, Bomberman Generations, F-Zero GX, Zoocube, Super Mario Strikers, Baten Kaitos, Alien Hominid, LoZ WindWaker, Mega Man X Collection, Fire Emblem Batman:Rise of Sin Tzu, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Lego Star Wars (based off the new movies) Killer 7, Bloody Roar: Primal Fury Battalion Wars, Beach Spikers, Aggresive Inline, Ikaruga, Geist, Super Monkey Ball, Worms Blast, Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II,Tales of Symphonia Ultimate Muscle, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Pokemon XD, Odama, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, NHL Hitz Pro, Pac Man World 2 Wario World.
ber4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ber4fun
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

Next it should be which was the worst handheld..

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#80 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I think the '64 is the worst. It had blurry graphics, bad sound, a bad media choice (carts), faulty analogue sticks and only about ten memorable games. Also, it messed up Nintendo for the next gen.
ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

Virtual Boy. Must I say more?

SSBMFighter
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#82 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Anyone who says that the Wii is the worst Nintendo console is SO wrong. Anyone forgetting a little detail like Virtual Boy? You don't even have to have played it to know that it was the worst.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

Of the home consoles, I have to say the Gamecube. I believe a Nintendo console is only as strong as its flagship titles, Mario and Zelda. Generally speaking, Sunshine and Windwaker are two of the less popular and more controversial games in their respective series. Yes, there are people who love both, and they are definitely quality games. But their lack of popularity shows in the fact that GCN finished behinds XBox and PS2, as well as lost the market share the N64 had.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Virtual Boy.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="maxgil2"]

kenakuma

Why?

Could have been the lack of 3rd party support due to cartridges being super expensive to dev for compared to CDs. Not to mention cartridges haveing less power and not being able to deliver the same quality music, videos that CD games enjoyed, ex MGS and FF.

N64 definetly saw a downturn in 3rd party support compared to the snes thanks to the horrid choice to stick with carts and it has set a trend between 3rd partys and Ninty that we see up unitll this day!

Ditto..N64 full potential loss.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#86 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
N64 or NES.
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nakasa5

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say the NES is the worst Nintendo console. It is arguably the greatest console in gaming history. If not for the NES, there is no telling if the gaming industry would have ever recovered from the mid-80s video game crash. Besides, this is the console that brought Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Tetris, Mega Man, Punch Out, and several others into our homes. It was the massive success of the NES that brought Sega into the market, and then ultimately Sony and Microsoft.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 garrett_duffman

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say the NES is the worst Nintendo console. It is arguably the greatest console in gaming history. If not for the NES, there is no telling if the gaming industry would have ever recovered from the mid-80s video game crash. Besides, this is the console that brought Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Tetris, Mega Man, Punch Out, and several others into our homes. It was the massive success of the NES that brought Sega into the market, and then ultimately Sony and Microsoft.

nakasa5
hey, it was great for its time... Its just in retrospect today it doesnt really hold up. I think I have the least amount of VC games for the NES, and I grew up on the NES/Master System/ Genesis
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nakasa5
[QUOTE="nakasa5"]

garrett_duffman
hey, it was great for its time... Its just in retrospect today it doesnt really hold up. I think I have the least amount of VC games for the NES, and I grew up on the NES/Master System/ Genesis

To each his own.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Gamecube. Not that it was bad at all - I love my purple lunchbox, just the least awesome.
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

*WARNING* The following biased theory is loosely based off of semi-true facts. And some random assumptions I made up, just for fun

Nintendo 64 started the decline of nintendo fans by handing over the torch to Sony's PS1. Who wins quality over quantity? Sadly Sony with quantity. Though the 64 had better graphics (x2) and IMO better quality games, PS1 had better dev support due to the CD format which was easier and cheaper than 64's cartridges. Thus cheap PS1 games spit out left right and center. Although Sony was now the dominint force in the gaming industry (according to sales), it was by no means by a landslide. It was the Gamecube however that kicked nintendo down while nintendo was laging a bit behind, and kept them there. Gamecube eventually allowed even Microsoft's XBOX to marginally beat it in sales while now Sony's PS2 was beating Nintendo's Gamecube 5 times over! The Wii has done a tremendous job in recruiting back Nintendo fans and sales. But. Take a moment to imagine the popularity, dev support, and library the Wii could have right now if it didn't have to fight back for loss ground (Gamecubes plunge) but instead had added to an already existing empire. The Wii built on a weak foundation, and it's all gamecubes fault.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
N64 marked the end of third party support. Its because of the n64,until now we lost Konami: Konami worked closely with nintendo.Not after the n64 fiasco, they left ninty until now. Castlevania Symphony of the night , certainly not for nintendo. We got one of the worst Castlevanias tho, as payback. Oh Metal gear..it was in nintendo before. But because of the n64, no metal gear for nintendo. Capcom! Street fighter, the biggest fighting franchise in the world back then.Used to be in nintendo....Not anymore, thanks mr 64. Marvel vs capcom... Oh no, not for the n64! Namco: Tekken time! but not for that n64, ewwrgh. SNK: Nintendo? Not anymore, after n64.They did support the snes by third party publishers. Square:..No comment. It was going to be a n64 game(FFVII).But after n64, no real FF ever again. We had all the final fantasies till 6, but it stopped with N64. And so forth. Nintendo before had zelda, mario , fox AND third party support...After n64, we lost it all the support in 90%..It was not nice. How old were you during those times?I was 15 yet old enough to notice the devastation and desolation that led Nintendo to fall from grace into the pits of lackluster sales compared to a newcomer(SONY while at it). If you were maybe too young back then, and didnt know how much we really lost, you might be poised to think N64 were great times.Great games were for the system but the sadness of losing all the games we used to get made me feel VERY bitter with the system. So if you think N64 was better than the wii ,ask yourself, were you a child ?did you fully experience the SNES-NES era and their several hundreths of games?Did you notice the competition also had quality PLUS too much quantity?
AdamantArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AdamantArmor
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

N64 was AWESOME and totally laid the foundation for how games are made today, you guys are crazy. Gamecube was by far its worst console - that whole ps2 / gc / xbox era made me think I'd given up on games until I got my 360. Virtual Boy was pretty crappy too, although I still love nintendo for trying something that totally insane.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 garrett_duffman

N64 was AWESOME and totally laid the foundation for how games are made today, you guys are crazy. Gamecube was by far its worst console - that whole ps2 / gc / xbox era made me think I'd given up on games until I got my 360. Virtual Boy was pretty crappy too, although I still love nintendo for trying something that totally insane.

AdamantArmor
I don't know if you are aware, but systems dont make games...
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Without a doubt the Virtual Boy.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Okay, how are people seriously suggesting that the SNES is the worst Nintendo console? It had the best library ever available on a console, only rivaled by the PS2. Seriously people, what the hell?

I'd say the Gamecube, even though I have one and love it. I don't count the Virtual Boy as a system cause...well, c'mon.

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
The Virtual Boy(unless that doesn't count) then NES. ONLY BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

the rankings

1.Virtual Boy

2.Nes

3.Snes

4.Gamecube

5.Wii

6.N64

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

N64 marked the end of third party support. Its because of the n64,until now we lost Konami: Konami worked closely with nintendo.Not after the n64 fiasco, they left ninty until now. Castlevania Symphony of the night , certainly not for nintendo. We got one of the worst Castlevanias tho, as payback. Oh Metal gear..it was in nintendo before. But because of the n64, no metal gear for nintendo. Capcom! Street fighter, the biggest fighting franchise in the world back then.Used to be in nintendo....Not anymore, thanks mr 64. Marvel vs capcom... Oh no, not for the n64! Namco: Tekken time! but not for that n64, ewwrgh. SNK: Nintendo? Not anymore, after n64.They did support the snes by third party publishers. Square:..No comment. It was going to be a n64 game(FFVII).But after n64, no real FF ever again. We had all the final fantasies till 6, but it stopped with N64. And so forth. Nintendo before had zelda, mario , fox AND third party support...After n64, we lost it all the support in 90%..It was not nice. How old were you during those times?I was 15 yet old enough to notice the devastation and desolation that led Nintendo to fall from grace into the pits of lackluster sales compared to a newcomer(SONY while at it). If you were maybe too young back then, and didnt know how much we really lost, you might be poised to think N64 were great times.Great games were for the system but the sadness of losing all the games we used to get made me feel VERY bitter with the system. So if you think N64 was better than the wii ,ask yourself, were you a child ?did you fully experience the SNES-NES era and their several hundreths of games?Did you notice the competition also had quality PLUS too much quantity?intro94

Was it because of cartridge format only that cause the downfall? or also because *I heard/read* that Nintendo tried to bully the games industries??...like telling games devs what content can and can't be release on their system ..since they tried to keep the family friendly type Nintendo overruled some the stuff - eg. blood ..like they did with SNES in MK - blood removed/changed colour of blood etc etc..

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Virtual Boy by a mile.