Official Conduit thread - 7.4 avg. (6.5 @ GS, 8.6 @ IGN)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#351 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
I don't know about you guys. However, with all the recent news, this game looks much, much better than CoD:WaW in all respects. I think everyone should look forward to it if you are even mildly interested in FPS'.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#352 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

I like how the maps are turning out. They are simple but balanced.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 SMR-Venom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puk1w7Ai16A New Trailer. The only interesting thing in this one is the new type of enemy at 0:16. Spiky little guy lol
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#355 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

GABU

just out of curiousity, are we supposed to use this thread for Conduit friend codes as well when it release?

danger_ranger95

No, I'll probably make another thread for that. That would get rather cluttered.

Public87Enemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#356 Public87Enemy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The game looks pretty good, for a wii game, but I have a wierd feeling they're hiding some stuff. Well, i guess ill just wait till the review is out then i'll think about buying it. looks promising tho, so i'll be looking forward to it

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#357 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
well in their defense you must remember than this playtest was done not by HV but by the press, and the press was free to start their games, change character colors, customize controls and so forth. None of the press reports invited had any kind of bad comments and i doubt they are being coerced by HV to cover their flaws.This was HV feeling sure of their product and inviting the press to play. If you read what IGN and Joystick had to say about their experience,they are being impartial and honest, they had a blast and whatever flaw they found,they mentioned it.So if the press is in conspiracy with HV to cover something wrong,it would backfire horribly at them at release(most importantly IGN).So i highly doubt it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#358 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

well in their defense you must remember than this playtest was done not by HV but by the press, and the press was free to start their games, change character colors, customize controls and so forth. None of the press reports invited had any kind of bad comments and i doubt they are being coerced by HV to cover their flaws.This was HV feeling sure of their product and inviting the press to play. If you read what IGN and Joystick had to say about their experience,they are being impartial and honest, they had a blast and whatever flaw they found,they mentioned it.So if the press is in conspiracy with HV to cover something wrong,it would backfire horribly at them at release(most importantly IGN).So i highly doubt it.intro94

The press did something that can never be done in the real world

They played in the same room on a private dedicated server.

It means nothing, that was just part of the hype

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#359 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Has anyone else wondered if tea bagging will be in the game?
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 kardine

[QUOTE="intro94"]well in their defense you must remember than this playtest was done not by HV but by the press, and the press was free to start their games, change character colors, customize controls and so forth. None of the press reports invited had any kind of bad comments and i doubt they are being coerced by HV to cover their flaws.This was HV feeling sure of their product and inviting the press to play. If you read what IGN and Joystick had to say about their experience,they are being impartial and honest, they had a blast and whatever flaw they found,they mentioned it.So if the press is in conspiracy with HV to cover something wrong,it would backfire horribly at them at release(most importantly IGN).So i highly doubt it.Jaysonguy

The press did something that can never be done in the real world

They played in the same room on a private dedicated server.

It means nothing, that was just part of the hype

Well maybe them being at those offices with good internet connections is not the most raw real way to test if there is lag but this quote puts some of those fears to rest:

"Even though the systems were right next to each other, they each had to connect to a server outside the office through the internet so this demo was an accurate testbed for how the game will respond for connected systems in the same region. And for the most part the game played seamlessly. There were a couple bouts of millisecond lag delays between a player being shot and the game registering a kill, but overall the online experience was excellent. "

http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979932p3.html

auron11022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#361 auron11022
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts

The game looks pretty good, for a wii game, but I have a wierd feeling they're hiding some stuff. Well, i guess ill just wait till the review is out then i'll think about buying it. looks promising tho, so i'll be looking forward to it

Public87Enemy

If you wait for Gamespot to review the game it may be a while after launch untill you get to play it.

baladan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 baladan
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

Has anyone else wondered if *** ****ing will be in the game? wiifan001

This is not the forum to talk about such an inappropriate and homophobic activity.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#363 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="Public87Enemy"]

auron11022

If you wait for Gamespot to review the game it may be a while after launch untill you get to play it.

There are plenty of resources to get reliable reviews besides GS. GS has the least interesting reviews IMO and IGN's would most likely be a tad more biased. It would be best to take information from various reviews and determine whether or not you might enjoy it. I just want great online multiplayer. The single player aspect is usually icing on the cake and it seems The Conduit's SP might not be that great. Not terrible, but not great.
carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

i like how gametrailers reviews games

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

carter15kd5

I like how I review games!

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="carter15kd5"]

Tri-Enforcer

Could it be???? Yes! The judges confirm it, we have a winner!

It turns out, fun is entirely dependant on the perspective of the one playing, not someone else, AMG!!!

:)

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

[QUOTE="carter15kd5"]

Could it be???? Yes! The judges confirm it, we have a winner!

It turns out, fun is entirely dependant on the perspective of the one playing, not someone else, AMG!!!

:)

LOL. So many people are incapable of making that decision on their own.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#368 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Has anyone else wondered if tea bagging will be in the game? baladan

This is not the forum to talk about such an inappropriate and homophobic activity.

...the ability to crouch, excuse my friend. he wants to know if the ability to conveiniantly crouch upon a recently killed advercaries face to emulate the illusion of an innapropriate gesture will be included.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 wiifan001
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="baladan"]

Has anyone else wondered if tea bagging will be in the game? wiifan001

...the ability to crouch, excuse my friend. he wants to know if the ability to conveiniantly crouch upon a recently killed advercaries face to emulate the illusion of an innapropriate gesture will be included.

Exactly. I'm not in favor of it because 1) I just hate getting tea bagged online :x :P 2) It would further address an argument of the conduit being some kind of "OMGZ a Halo clone!!1"
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Has anyone else wondered if *** ****ing will be in the game? baladan

Homophobic? What?
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

the ability to tea bag isirrelevant next to the power of the force

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 SMR-Venom

danger_ranger95
What the heck?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 wiifan001

Anyways, GS has posted 7 more screenshots of this game

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/theconduit/images.html?sid=6209321

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

danger_ranger95

Wiser words have never been said. It makes me want to make a protest sign that reads "Forget tea bags... SLICE the budget with the Force" and have a picture of a lightsaber on it.

On a slighly related note, the game will probably feature crouching, and therefore any gesture involving crouching will be readily available to those who wish to use it. It's such a ridiculous move that it still makes me laugh a little bit simply because someone thought of it and it spread. It just gives us one more opportunity to kill anyone who does it.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 kardine

There is tea bagging because you can crouch in the game so you can easily infer.

According to Kotaku you cannot toggle the crouch so you just press it instead of having to stupidly hold down the crounch button to stay in crouch. For having some of the most robust control customizations this HAS to be included in the final game.

Email HVS with any suggestions http://www.high-voltage.com/contact.htmand when you do, go here specifically feedback@high-voltage.com.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 intro94
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="baladan"]

Exactly. I'm not in favor of it because 1) I just hate getting tea bagged online :x :P 2) It would further address an argument of the conduit being some kind of "OMGZ a Halo clone!!1"

But tea bagging has been way before Halo 1.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

lol...I've never even heard of people doing so in games. So I'm guessing, you go up to a dead body, and just crouch down? That is pretty epic.

I'm gonna go over my friends house, and tea bag him while playing COD4! WOO HOO! (in the game)

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 psychobrew
[QUOTE="kardine"]

There is tea bagging because you can crouch in the game so you can easily infer.

According to Kotaku you cannot toggle the crouch so you just press it instead of having to stupidly hold down the crounch button to stay in crouch. For having some of the most robust control customizations this HAS to be included in the final game.

Email HVS with any suggestions http://www.high-voltage.com/contact.htmand when you do, go here specifically feedback@high-voltage.com.

I like their way of crouching.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 kardine
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="kardine"]

I like their way of crouching.

Yes, but for a game that has so much customization they need to have this.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] ...the ability to crouch, excuse my friend. he wants to know if the ability to conveiniantly crouch upon a recently killed advercaries face to emulate the illusion of an innapropriate gesture will be included.

intro94

But tea bagging has been way before Halo 1.

True. But it wasn't really until Halo 1 that the term came up.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] I like their way of crouching.kardine

Just think about the possibilities. The tea bagging will be epic if the controls stay the way they are.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] I like their way of crouching.psychobrew

Just think about the possibilities. The tea bagging will be epic if the controls stay the way they are.

Either way you can tea bag them. It does not matter if you have to hold down the crouch button or simply press it ou can crotch slap them over and over. Something may stop you guys from tea bagging though. If the bodies dissappear before you can have your way them you will not be able to.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
I cannot believe the tea bag conversation went on all day.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 psychobrew
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="psychobrew"]

Yes, but for a game that has so much customization they need to have this.kardine

Either way you can tea bag them. It does not matter if you have to hold down the crouch button or simply press it ou can crotch slap them over and over. Something may stop you guys from tea bagging though. If the bodies dissappear before you can have your way them you will not be able to.

You can do it twice as fast the way it's set up in The Conduit. Double the speed, double the pleasure. The Conduit will be the king of tee bagging. I am so syched!!
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 kardine

psychobrew

You can do it twice as fast the way it's set up in The Conduit. Double the speed, double the pleasure. The Conduit will be the king of tee bagging. I am so syched!!

No its the same. Either way you have to constantly tap the button. Besides that I would rather have the option to just press the button because I hate having to hold it down.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 psychobrew

No its the same. Either way you have to constantly tap the button. Besides that I would rather have the option to just press the button because I hate having to hold it down.

kardine

But it's like two tea bags for the price of one. Most games make you press whatever button twice to do a full down/up cycle. You only have to press the button once for a full cycle in The Conduit, which means you can do twice as many in the same amount of time. Turbo tea bagging -- how can you not be syched about that?

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 kardine
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="kardine"]

But it's like two tea bags for the price of one. Most games make you press whatever button twice to do a full down/up cycle. You only have to press the button once for a full cycle in The Conduit, which means you can do twice as many in the same amount of time. Turbo tea bagging -- how can you not be syched about that?

I am sorry if the notion of tea bagging does not inerest me much to begin with but your in favor of hold crouch for a millisecond's worth more of tea bagging. Either way HVS should have BOTh optins there. Same with zooming in sniper scopes. Some people like holding the button while others like just pressing it once.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="kardine"]

kardine

I am sorry if the notion of tea bagging does not inerest me much to begin with but your in favor of hold crouch for a millisecond's worth more of tea bagging. Either way HVS should have BOTh optins there. Same with zooming in sniper scopes. Some people like holding the button while others like just pressing it once.

It's more than a millisecond. If you can press a button 4 times per second, on a normal game that would give youonly 2 tea bags in one second; in The Conduit, you get 4 tea bags per second -- twice as many tea bags in the same amount of time = win 8)

Sarcasm aside, I agree that it should be an option, but have no doubt that The Conduit will claim its fame through tea bagging.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 kardine
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

It's more than a millisecond. If you can press a button 4 times per second, on a normal game that would give youonly 2 tea bags in one second; in The Conduit, you get 4 tea bags per second -- twice as many tea bags in the same amount of time = win 8)

Sarcasm aside, I agree that it should be an option, but have no doubt that The Conduit will claim its fame through tea bagging.

I could see it on the box: "Double the Tea Bagging!"
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#391 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Just thought I'd mention that the box art for the special edition of The Conduit has been released.

Any opinions on it?

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 intro94
its prettier,but i think this one can only be ordered,right?
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#393 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
its prettier,but i think this one can only be ordered,right?intro94
Yup, ugh..its sad that it's an American-exclusive.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Another NEW Multiplayer hands on

Thing that really stuck out for me was their mention of it feeling like a spiritual successor to Goldeneye. Thats some heavy praise to be throwing around :O

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 FFCYAN

Seven maps will get boring pretty fast, especially if they wind up being lame.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 garrett_duffman

FFCYAN
CoD didnt have very many maps and that was still fun, ive got pretty high hopes for this one
WiiGamez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 WiiGamez13
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts

why would you want to t-bag a dead body ahahahaaha

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

[QUOTE="kardine"]

Its very obvious why Bozon would score LKS higher. LKS does not use the advanatges of the Wii. Its going to get knocked for not using the IR. Unless you can provide proof that they are cushioning the review then you are spreading false rumors. It is quite surprising what people will make up when they hate a website for reasons that never hold up when you actually ask for proof.

Jaysonguy

Just like IGN didn't take a single point away from Smash Bros for the same reason yet they do it to other titles?

OK, just checking

Wouldn't that be because IR does virtually nothing for a fighting game and would not improve it in any way, LKS on the other hand would benefit from IR controls.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

garrett_duffman

CoD didnt have very many maps and that was still fun, ive got pretty high hopes for this one

COD has eight. Due to HVS's lack of FPS developing experience, I have my doubts as to how well they will turn out.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

FFCYAN

COD has eight. Due to HVS's lack of FPS developing experience, I have my doubts as to how well they will turn out.

i hope they do okay, and who knows they could add maps