Official Conduit thread - 7.4 avg. (6.5 @ GS, 8.6 @ IGN)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

DLC for the conduit never

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#402 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
I thought Nofsinger said there would be 9 maps? Anyway, they seemed fairly impressed with the multiplayer, which is a huge plus for this game. Kudos to HVS.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#403 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
Gamepro also reported great satisfaction with the multiplayer mode.Best wii FPS they said...
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#404 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

I finally pre-orderedthe GameStop versionearlier tonight. The thing I thought was strangeis they said it wouldn't be available until the 24th. Isn't the game going to be released on the 23rd?

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I finally pre-orderedthe GameStop versionearlier tonight. The thing I thought was strangeis they said it wouldn't be available until the 24th. Isn't the game going to be released on the 23rd?

psychobrew

GameStop usually releases a game the day after the release dates to put curses on all new copies.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#406 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
I thought Nofsinger said there would be 9 maps? Anyway, they seemed fairly impressed with the multiplayer, which is a huge plus for this game. Kudos to HVS.SMR-Venom
I hope they decide to release map packs the same way they do in Halo. Release the maps, charge when they initially come out, then make them free after a few months.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#407 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

FFCYAN

GameStop usually releases a game the day after the release dates to put curses on all new copies.

Yes, which is why I never, ever go to GameStop for new games. I always find new releases pretty much everywhere else a day before I find them at GameStop.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

The Conduit Special Edition (Pre-order)

Snazzy package they went with! If I have any money leftover in my paycheck I'll be pre-ordering within a few days:D

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#409 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Snazzy package they went with! If I have any money leftover in my paycheck I'll be pre-ordering within a few days:D

I didn't know they had that :o What's the special edition got that the regular edition doesn't?
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 TaMuK711

I didn't know they had that :o What's the special edition got that the regular edition doesn't?wiifan001

List of extra's

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 umcommon

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

wiifan001

I didn't know they had that :o What's the special edition got that the regular edition doesn't?

* 24-Page art book featuring exclusive concept art and digital imagery sharing the creative process in bringing the world of The Conduit to life. * The in-game "All Seeing Eye" (A.S.E.) Device featuring custom detailing and projected light. Allowing you to unlock puzzles and discover the secrets of The Conduit * "Secret Agent" Multiplayer skin which helps you dominate your enemies in intense multiplayer battles. That is one sweet package, can't wait!

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] [QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

umcommon

* 24-Page art book featuring exclusive concept art and digital imagery sharing the creative process in bringing the world of The Conduit to life. * The in-game "All Seeing Eye" (A.S.E.) Device featuring custom detailing and projected light. Allowing you to unlock puzzles and discover the secrets of The Conduit * "Secret Agent" Multiplayer skin which helps you dominate your enemies in intense multiplayer battles. That is one sweet package, can't wait!

An art book of Conduit's art?!:( This package seems rather unnecessary but I'm sure some will dig it.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 TaMuK711

An art book of Conduit's art?!:( This package seems rather unnecessary but I'm sure some will dig it.

FFCYAN

Considering it is the exact same price as the regular retail edition, it's a very good buy. Looks like they are just giving incentives for pre-ordering.. obviously working since it's one of gamestops best selling Wii games and it hasn't launched yet. (Based on the Top Sellers list on the gamestop website..)

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 psychobrew

TaMuK711

Wait, so it still has the same corny artwork on the actual cover? Half the reason I pre-ordered was for the black cover....The extras are just unlockables.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

psychobrew

Wait, so it still has the same corny artwork on the actual cover? Half the reason I pre-ordered was for the black cover....The extras are just unlockables.

Thats the EU package, US edition is supposed to have the Gamestop exclusive boxart with the TRUST artwork on the actual case.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

Seven maps will get boring pretty fast, especially if they wind up being lame.

FFCYAN
Its the quality of the maps not the quantity of them. Most people gravitate to two or three maps.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 psychobrew
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

Its the quality of the maps not the quantity of them. Most people gravitate to two or three maps.

Have you ever played Battlefield or Battlefront? All maps rock in those games, though there are some you play over and over again before you can move on.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 psychobrew
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Thats the EU package, US edition is supposed to have the Gamestop exclusive boxart with the TRUST artwork on the actual case.

Thanks,,,
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#419 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

TaMuK711

Why didn't they just use that as the official boxart of the game? :P It's loads better than the current one.

I suppose it doesn't exactly convey the fact that you shoot people in the game, though.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 TaMuK711

IGN says The Conduit will probably score higher than Little Kings Story(41:26ish)

Not sure whether to take that as them hating Little Kings Store, or just really loving The Conduit. LKS has recieved verysolid scores all around, so maybe The Conduit is just that good :O

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#421 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
^ Thats expected. IGN was talking very highly of the game since the beginning - for them to give it a lower-than-expected score = people would be upset - IGN hype machine FTL!
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#422 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]^ Thats expected. IGN was talking very highly of the game since the beginning - for them to give it a lower-than-expected score = people would be upset - IGN hype machine FTL!

You are right. As much as I want The Conduit to succeed, the scores should be honest. IGN tend to hype too much sometimes, which is not a good thing. However, if the game is good, then I see no problem.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]^ Thats expected. IGN was talking very highly of the game since the beginning - for them to give it a lower-than-expected score = people would be upset - IGN hype machine FTL!SMR-Venom
You are right. As much as I want The Conduit to succeed, the scores should be honest. IGN tend to hype too much sometimes, which is not a good thing. However, if the game is good, then I see no problem.

if i remeber correctly, ign hyped the hell outa NMH and in the end they ggave it a 7.9 or some where in the 7's

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#424 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]^ Thats expected. IGN was talking very highly of the game since the beginning - for them to give it a lower-than-expected score = people would be upset - IGN hype machine FTL!legend26

if i remeber correctly, ign hyped the hell outa NMH and in the end they ggave it a 7.9 or some where in the 7's

Yeah but the High Voltage IGN deal thing keeps popping its head up, im still having trouble getting a handel on weather the two have a relationship and what that is. In any case i don't think IGN will over-score the game by much, they would be left looking foolish and lacking credibility, you know, like Gamespot :P
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 umcommon

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]^ Thats expected. IGN was talking very highly of the game since the beginning - for them to give it a lower-than-expected score = people would be upset - IGN hype machine FTL!legend26

I thought Gamespot hyped NMH way more. Either way the Conduit looks to be better than COD:W@W which scored a 8.5. Hate to set my expectations too high but I'm expecting a 8.5-9.0 from Gamespot and a 9.3 from IGN
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#426 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Thats the problem. IGN either hypes a game a lot and gives it a hype score - or hypes a game a lot then gives it a score no one was expecting because they talked about how it was the greatest thing ever before.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

psychobrew

Have you ever played Battlefield or Battlefront? All maps rock in those games, though there are some you play over and over again before you can move on.

way different games
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 legend26

[QUOTE="legend26"]

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"] You are right. As much as I want The Conduit to succeed, the scores should be honest. IGN tend to hype too much sometimes, which is not a good thing. However, if the game is good, then I see no problem.thegoldenpoo

Yeah but the High Voltage IGN deal thing keeps popping its head up, im still having trouble getting a handel on weather the two have a relationship and what that is. In any case i don't think IGN will over-score the game by much, they would be left looking foolish and lacking credibility, you know, like Gamespot :P

i think matt cassamasina and eric nofsinger have a little something going on :P

seriously though if codwaw canget an 8.5 when its just a port i find it hard to beleive a full blown wii exlusive with superior graphics and gameplay will do worse...

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 kardine
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="legend26"]

You are right. As much as I want The Conduit to succeed, the scores should be honest. IGN tend to hype too much sometimes, which is not a good thing. However, if the game is good, then I see no problem.SMR-Venom

Thats the problem. IGN either hypes a game a lot and gives it a hype score - or hypes a game a lot then gives it a score no one was expecting because they talked about how it was the greatest thing ever before.

Alex isn't it my cue lol Anyway I think if you read your own words out loud you would know that if IGN scores a game a certain score what ever the hype is then they are doing their job. It means they are giving it a score based on the game's merit and flaws not the hype. Also theres one really important thing you guys forgot. You act as if website is the sole contributor to hype. Another thing is NMH was hyped by Matt and Damon. But they did not review the game. Bozon did and he really disliked the half canned open world and all the rechnical issues. I think Matt even said in their podcast that he would have scored it in the 8s maybe 9s. Another thing is they were hyping the style, they really liked that style no the overall game. Another thing is, are they at fault for hype? I mean what you guys are basicaly saying is that once they hype a game they have to put a score that is to your guys expectationsw. Theya re just reviewing the game for what the game has, it has nothing to do with the hype esp when a different person reviews it.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
and anyway,didnt metacritics rate the game the right way?it was hyped and scored highly.Even here at GS.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 umcommon

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/05/06/exclusive-high-voltage-software-interview/

Good interview. At 13 min Eric talks about stuff they didn't have enough time for. Maybe in the sequal; The Conduit 2...

-motion+

-arcade mode

-melee weapons with motion+

-split screen

-co-op

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Good interview. At 13 min Eric talks about stuff they didn't have enough time for. Maybe in the sequal; The Conduit 2...

-motion+

-arcade mode

-split screen

-co-op

umcommon
Quite good! I can't help but love that man for his passion for the system and the game.
SU44IR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#433 SU44IR
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
I'm just hoping that the controls will make up for the gameplay. Maybe i will actually take a break from my 360 / PC to play a FPS on the Wii for the first time in my life, lol. Then again, this might just be an overhyped piece of garbage just because it's like the third inspired FPS on the Wii. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 TaMuK711

Quite good! I can't help but love that man for his passion for the system and the game.Arc2012

Not to mention he's got kickin' hair!

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

^ in the hope that this game is at least half as awesome as eric's hairstyle.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

[QUOTE="Arc2012"]Quite good! I can't help but love that man for his passion for the system and the game.TaMuK711

Not to mention he's got kickin' hair!

Oh of course! :lol:

Have you seen some of the earlier interviews where he just looks normal? I'm telling you that the hair is all a part of the marketing strategy.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

good interview but remember this you always think your own baby look good while others may think its look ugly

meaning they created this game so they think its goin to be good but it may turn out bad

hopefully this game delivers on the big promises

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]LMAO! I never thought that The Conduit would go this far into having its own sticky thread That's awesome. I look forward to it :D (but I don't praise it)Jaysonguy

Agreed. This thread proves The Conduit is going big time.

Actually it shows the exact opposite

This thread is taking a cancer away from the rest of the forum, so instead of eating away at the rest of the forum until it dies this thread was made to contain all of the damage to this one thread and let the rest of the forum stay healthy.

As for the game the only thing it relies on is the fact that you can control it with the Wiimote. That novelty wore off sometime in 2007.

For the rest of the experience it's the same thing we've all been doing since the start of last gen.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to it (that I like lol) but that's where it ends.

yea the forum was over run with conduit threads, but not nearly as bad as the DS forum with pokemon threads. man its a poke-fest.

but i'm looking forward to the conduit, so i'm happy you're happy for me

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#439 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I dont understand the Wii Speak option in this game! Can someone fill me in?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 228623477423185005978085524869

it works kinda like this, in my understanding: provided you exchanged codes with your friends, you'll be able to chat with them (as well with their friends) freely. In team split matches, you'll be able to chat with all members of your team, and in free for all matches, you'll be able to chat with the nearest five or six players.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 legend26
[QUOTE="umcommon"]

-motion+

-arcade mode

-split screen

-co-op

Arc2012
Quite good! I can't help but love that man for his passion for the system and the game.

i agree, and god i want his hair :x
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 gatsbythepig  Online
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts

This is a sexy looking game, I want to play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but details of the UK special edition of The Conduit, available form GAME, have been released and it looks much better than the US version.

> Embossed and silver-effect slip case
> 20 page hints and tips guide which will be packed into the slip case alongside the standard boxed game
> 3 unlockable items
> Re-skinned all seeing eye
> Agent skin for multiplayer
> Drone skin for single player

It seems to have everything you get, plus lots more. Also, game say it's out June 12, instead of the previously stated June 26th.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#444 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Man, that box art is sexy (pre-order version). I think I might pre-order it. I don't care if it's a day late, either way, I'm sure it'll take me a month to beat the game. I don't have time to play alot these days. This also might give me a reason to pick up another Wiimote, for a friend.

To bad they didn't add Mii's into the online, I think that would've been awesome. Can you imagine head-shotting your friend's Mii? lol

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 kardine

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] Agreed. This thread proves The Conduit is going big time.darth-pyschosis

Actually it shows the exact opposite

This thread is taking a cancer away from the rest of the forum, so instead of eating away at the rest of the forum until it dies this thread was made to contain all of the damage to this one thread and let the rest of the forum stay healthy.

As for the game the only thing it relies on is the fact that you can control it with the Wiimote. That novelty wore off sometime in 2007.

For the rest of the experience it's the same thing we've all been doing since the start of last gen.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to it (that I like lol) but that's where it ends.

yea the forum was over run with conduit threads, but not nearly as bad as the DS forum with pokemon threads. man its a poke-fest.

but i'm looking forward to the conduit, so i'm happy you're happy for me

Does it prove either way? No.
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#446 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

I hope Australia gets a Special Edition. Might have a browse around, and see what I can find.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 228623477423185005978085524869

i hope i can import a copy of the NA special edition... i'm not quite sure if that'll happen, but i can dream.

Hulksmash77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 Hulksmash77
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
The conduit does look very promising...I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappoint....and i don't think it will!
TeabagChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#449 TeabagChampion
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

I think that games like The Conduit Will make the Wii a worth buying console for those that don't have one yet.

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

finally I need a shooter for my wii