In the interest of general Wii forum cohesiveness, I've decided that there is enough cause to create an official discussion thread for The Conduit. I don't like this option, but there have been one too many topics made saying pretty much the same things as before and one too many arguments over the same issues as before. As a result, I think it's in the best interest of the community to keep it confined to a single thread - this will allow news, discussions, and arguments to all be condensed in one area where, hopefully, there will be much less repetition. And, hopefully this will also cut into the amount of negativity that has been seen throughout the forum, since disagreements over The Conduit seem to be a major source of such feelings.
From this point on until this thread is unstickied, any threads about The Conduit will be locked, and any discussion of The Conduit outside this thread will be removed (and any attempts to hijack or divert a thread onto The Conduit will be moderated accordingly). I hate to do this, but I really think it's the best option in the interest of the community, both in terms of consolidating discussion on The Conduit and in terms of keeping tempers contained to a defined space. I hope you understand.
As a final note, please note that, despite this thread being inspired in part by the heated arguments that The Conduit tends to flare up, this is not a license to troll or flame others in this thread. Keep discussion civil. You can disagree without being disagreeable. Keep talk strictly to the game, not to the people discussing it.
So, with that out of the way...
Genre: First-person shooter
Developer: High Voltage Software
Release Date: June 23, 2009 (North America); June 26, 2009 (UK, Australia)
Description from publisher's website:
After a full-scale alien attack on Washington D.C., suspicions arise as to the involvement of
the U.S. government. Armed with sci-fi gadgets and high-powered weapons, players will
battle aliens, rogue agents and enemy forces as a former secret service agent codenamed
Built exclusively for Wii™, The Conduit™ pushes the boundaries of the platform from
incredible award-winning graphics to robust controls that are customizable on-the-fly. This
action-packed, first-person shooter from the creators at High Voltage Software also supports
the Wii Speak peripheral.
• Conspiracy-driven Action - Dive into an engaging story set in modern day Washington D.C. involving secret agents, invading aliens, and centuries-old government cover-up conspiracies.
• Wii specific Controls - Robust calibration and controls customization built from the ground up for the Wii allow you to tailor the game to your preferred styIe.
• Intense Online Multiplayer - Grab your friends and join up online to battle in a variety of multiplayer modes.
• Ruthless Enemies - Vast numbers of incredibly realistic AI enemies react to player's moves by taking cover and utilizing elements in the environment to their advantage.
• Highly Detailed Visuals - The award winning graphics feature dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection and four-stage texture composition that includes gloss, diffuse and bump-mapping.
• Award Winning Development - IGN Best Shooter Game of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Overall Wii Game of E3 2008, and GameTrailers.com Best Wii Game of E3 2008.
• Peripherals - Supports Nintendo's new Wii Speak peripheral during multiplayer matches.
1UP - C+
CCC - 3.9/5
GameDaily - 7.0/10
GamePro - 3.5/5
GameSpot - 6.5/10
GameSpy - 3.5/5
Games Radar - 8.0/10
GameTrailers - 7.8/10
IGN - 8.6/10
Nintendo Power - 8.0/10
Official Nintendo Magazine UK - 76%
A look at graphical development (1:27)
Multiplayer gameplay (2:10)
Single-player gameplay (7:41)
Trailer 2 (1:24)
Concept & Story (IGN)
Thread will be updated as reviews or any notable news come in.
Log in to comment