What are you playing right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzureDrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 AzureDrive
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
Recently started playing Paper Mario: TTYD again.
TheNerevar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 TheNerevar
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

Dragon Quest VIII at the moment. I never got a chnce to really get into it back in the day so I'm making up for lost time :)

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#153 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

Dragon Quest VIII at the moment. I never got a chnce to really get into it back in the day so I'm making up for lost time :)

TheNerevar
How're you liking it? It's actually my favourite RPG on the PS2.
Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

Just picked up Shadowgate 64, so I'm playing that. May take me a while; I'm trying not to use a guide and have aleady had a few head scratching moments.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Has anyone played Gungriffon? There are like no FAQs or guides even in Japanese. :?

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#157 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

Completed finally RE Code Veronica and now i am thinking to immerse myself in MGS games but i first have to finish REmake (hard mode) with Chris, i'am on guardianhouse, not a easy walk definitely above all because your supply is so limited

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#158 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
Spyro The Dragon-Just finished the game, I'm starting to collect every gem and find every dragon to get access to the final bonus leveltjricardo089
Great game, and the final level is definitely worth the effort! :P I've completed both of the first two games, but haven't got around to collecting everything in Year of the Dragon yet.
TheNerevar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TheNerevar
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNerevar"]

Dudersaper

How're you liking it? It's actually my favourite RPG on the PS2.

I'm loving it! It's the perfect mix of old school RPG elements and I dig the light-hearted approach it takes to the story. Definitely one of my favorite RPGs not just on the PS2 but of all time.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

An hour ago I was playing Metroid Prime 2 on my Gamecube, I beat the Grapple Guardian on my own. I also scanned it twice. its first form, then its 2nd form. The battle wasnt too bad the first half but then it got annoying at the end since the light pillar things were really thin so I had to stay close to them to avoid the grapple guardian's grapple move. Easier than dealing with one of those regular smaller versions

XeroEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#161 XeroEX
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

I just finished Final Fantasy VII a few minutes ago. Sephiroth's theme will forever be melted into my head. :P

I'm not sure what I'll play next. It's a tie between Persona 4 and Final Fantasy IX.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#162 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the weekends and To The Moon in my spare time.

I think I'll be done with the latter later today, it's as much time-consuming as reading a good plot-driven comic book.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Dudersaper
I'm not sure what I'll play next. It's a tie between Persona 4 and Final Fantasy IX.XeroEX
I'd definetly go with Persona 4. I haven't played FFIX, but I really do, and I've alraedy finished Persona 4, but if I'd had to choose which of the two to play, I'd go for replaying P4 :P Also nice avy, on the very last dungeon on DDS (I'm not doing the extra ones), then I'll be jumping to DDS2.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#164 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Dead Or Alive 2 Ultimate and Panzer Dragoon Orta, though with an emphasis on DOA2U since Im better at that game than I am with PDO

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Nismology

Dead Or Alive 2 Ultimate and Panzer Dragoon Orta, though with an emphasis on DOA2U since Im better at that game than I am with PDO

Darkman2007
How're you finding PDO? I've got it, but i think it crashes after level 3 if you play it on a 360 :( I'd play it on my original Xbox, but I'll be taking my 360 with me back to uni, so there's no point in starting a save file on my old Xbox. I've had it for a while and haven't got around to playing it, shame. At the moment I'm playing Rayman Origins on the Xbox 360, and it is AMAZING! It's imo the finest 2D platformer ever made. Genius level design and the the animation is just so fluid, the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful and the sense of humor is perfect. It's a real throwback to the spirit of the golden age of platforming, but it's also very modern and refreshing to play. BUY IT NOW (if you haven't already! ;) )
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Nismology
How're you finding PDO? I've got it, but i think it crashes after level 3 if you play it on a 360 :( I'd play it on my original Xbox, but I'll be taking my 360 with me back to uni, so there's no point in starting a save file on my old Xbox. I've had it for a while and haven't got around to playing it, shame.

its a good game, but quite difficult, I got to about level 3 and quit, I plan to get further in the game later on . not sure why it would quit on level 3 , but then , its BC on the 360 which isn't perfect, I actually tried playing PDO on my brother's 360 on an HD monitor and the game looked like crap , on an Xbox via RGB it looks great.
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Nismology
not sure why it would quit on level 3 , but then , its BC on the 360 which isn't perfect, I actually tried playing PDO on my brother's 360 on an HD monitor and the game looked like crap , on an Xbox via RGB it looks great.Darkman2007
That's strange, I've been playing Halo and Amped 2 on my 360 over HDMI and they don't look to bad considering. I am only playing on a 22" HD monitor though. :)
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]not sure why it would quit on level 3 , but then , its BC on the 360 which isn't perfect, I actually tried playing PDO on my brother's 360 on an HD monitor and the game looked like crap , on an Xbox via RGB it looks great.Nismology
That's strange, I've been playing Halo and Amped 2 on my 360 over HDMI and they don't look to bad considering. I am only playing on a 22" HD monitor though. :)

I was using a 24inch monitor so it shouldnt have made a difference. that said, the game was getting upscaled to 1080p , so maybe it has something to do with that.
XeroEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#169 XeroEX
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

[QUOTE="XeroEX"]I'm not sure what I'll play next. It's a tie between Persona 4 and Final Fantasy IX.Dudersaper
I'd definetly go with Persona 4. I haven't played FFIX, but I really do, and I've alraedy finished Persona 4, but if I'd had to choose which of the two to play, I'd go for replaying P4 :P Also nice avy, on the very last dungeon on DDS (I'm not doing the extra ones), then I'll be jumping to DDS2.

Thanks for the input! Serph is my favorite character from the DDS games. :)

And definitely play DDS2 after DDS. The story is one long continuation and the games should be played back to back.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 hakanakumono

Back to enemy zero and decided to backup my data after dying by what I thought was a mouse - but was in reality a smaller "enemy" that made no beeping noise.

In other news, inserting the memory card made my Saturn freeze which it didn't use to before. I can see myself buying new Saturn hardware in the future ...

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Darkman2007

Back to enemy zero and decided to backup my data after dying by what I thought was a mouse - but was in reality a smaller "enemy" that made no beeping noise.

In other news, inserting the memory card made my Saturn freeze which it didn't use to before. I can see myself buying new Saturn hardware in the future ...

hakanakumono
thats odd, my guess it that it could be that the cartridge port is broken (ie, everytime it loses connection with the cartridge, the console freezes) I can't think of any other reason , thats quite an odd issue Ive never heard about.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Darkman2007

thats odd, my guess it that it could be that the cartridge port is broken (ie, everytime it loses connection with the cartridge, the console freezes) I can't think of any other reason , thats quite an odd issue Ive never heard about.

It works fine if I turn the console off and move it. I managed to copy my enemy zero save, to avoid this whole "lol no moar savepoints" mess after the game failed to register a successful hit when I only have 4 potential saves left and 9 potential loads. Sometimes, however, the console creates garbage data on the cartridge. However this may be a problem with the cartridge itself, which is supposed to be official and has "SEGA" on it, but suspiciously no label.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

It works fine if I turn the console off and move it. I managed to copy my enemy zero save, to avoid this whole "lol no moar savepoints" mess after the game failed to register a successful hit when I only have 4 potential saves left and 9 potential loads. Sometimes, however, the console creates garbage data on the cartridge. However this may be a problem with the cartridge itself, which is supposed to be official and has "SEGA" on it, but suspiciously no label.

the garbage data as you call it, is not uncommon , my memory card has something like that, only 1 block in size , its not uncommon. thats still a very odd problem
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 hakanakumono

It may have been just weird circumstances in which it was dealt with. I know Enemy Zero keeps track of what you have plugged into the memory, and given that you can switch discs without saving first, it may be working in the background causing the saturn to freeze.

As for Enemy Zero, my final verdict is: coming from a long time survival horror fan who doesn't mind games that are difficult, Enemy Zero simply doesn't work well enough to sanction its load restrictions. I died just recently because I couldn't see an enemy around a corner, but when I did the mechanics made it impossible to backup because the game assumes laura is the size of a bus. I'm resorting to maps and copying my saves to the harddrive int he later stages of the game, because of these mechanical issues. There's also an enemy that seems to camp out right in front of the door you need to enter, but if you approach it from the distance necessary to actually shoot the thing, it appears to be instant gameover. Or at least in my last two attempts. Overall, more frustrating than rewarding with a story that feels more silly than legitimately dramatic. It is a hallmark for its time, however, and an original concept outside of the whole ALIEN thing.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
Currently playing Fate unlimited codes (ps2) spectral VS generation (ps2) Mark of the Wolfs The last Blade collection
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Dudersaper
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]Currently playing Fate unlimited codes (ps2)

Just saw some footage and it looks like lots of fun. But do we need to see the anime to enjoy it?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Darkman2007

It may have been just weird circumstances in which it was dealt with. I know Enemy Zero keeps track of what you have plugged into the memory, and given that you can switch discs without saving first, it may be working in the background causing the saturn to freeze.

As for Enemy Zero, my final verdict is: coming from a long time survival horror fan who doesn't mind games that are difficult, Enemy Zero simply doesn't work well enough to sanction its load restrictions. I died just recently because I couldn't see an enemy around a corner, but when I did the mechanics made it impossible to backup because the game assumes laura is the size of a bus. I'm resorting to maps and copying my saves to the harddrive int he later stages of the game, because of these mechanical issues. There's also an enemy that seems to camp out right in front of the door you need to enter, but if you approach it from the distance necessary to actually shoot the thing, it appears to be instant gameover. Or at least in my last two attempts. Overall, more frustrating than rewarding with a story that feels more silly than legitimately dramatic. It is a hallmark for its time, however, and an original concept outside of the whole ALIEN thing.

hakanakumono

so basically I should get Enemy Zero only if I find it for cheap ? last I checked the PAL version goes for £10-20, the Japanese version is more like 5-10

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Darkman2007

so basically I should get Enemy Zero only if I find it for cheap ? last I checked the PAL version goes for £10-20, the Japanese version is more like 5-10

From the standpoint of a Sega Saturn game collector, maybe you should get it. 20-40 USD is a bit much but it's not terrible. You might want to wait till you can find it cheaper. I can imagine finding faqs for the game to be a pain, but I can provide you with a link to the maps from a Japanese website.

I bought my JP ver for 5 USD.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

From the standpoint of a Sega Saturn game collector, maybe you should get it. 20-40 USD is a bit much but it's not terrible. You might want to wait till you can find it cheaper. I can imagine finding faqs for the game to be a pain, but I can provide you with a link to the maps from a Japanese website.

I bought my JP ver for 5 USD.

£10 is reasonable enough , I generally will try and go for the PAL option if one exists (unless its a rubbish PAL conversion , in which case a US or JPN version is the one to get)
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hakanakumono

It's certainly gone from scary to obnoxious.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#181 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

As far as legacy I've been playing Oni, The Thing, and Contra Shattered Soldier on my PS2. It reminded my how bad I am at Contra.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 hakanakumono

Shenmue and Koudelka. Koudelka is amazing and Shenmue is interesting so far, although it's a lot of wandering around and asking questions (very beginning).

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 hurriflash

Timesplitters Future Perfect nice solo campaign

Manimal2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#184 Manimal2000
Member since 2011 • 174 Posts

Halo Reach.

limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

Final Fantasy VI. I'm about 6 or so hours in and I'm liking it a lot.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Right now, as in this very second, Fallout: New Vegas,

As of what legacy games I've played last, Sonic the Hedgehog (beat it for the first time ever just yesterday), Pokemon Blue (Just restarted it today), and Paper Mario (I've beaten it almost 20 times alreasy, but it never gets old).

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#187 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I've been playing Dr. Mario 64 quite a bit recently, and have been playing Dragon Quest VIII off and on for the past month

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

After a long hiatus from older games, I just beat Sonic1 a few days ago, and am now playing Super Bomberman.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

I'm letting a girlfriend play shenmue. she's on teh 3rd disc and loves it

myself I'm playing yakuza 3 and some ocasional quick dreamcast game

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 bultje112

Shenmue and Koudelka. Koudelka is amazing and Shenmue is interesting so far, although it's a lot of wandering around and asking questions (very beginning).

hakanakumono

be sure to play shenmue 2 after finishing 1. then you understand the pacing of the game and how shenmue 1 is truly the prologue of a huge saga. it shouldn't be sene as a sperate game

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

bultje112

be sure to play shenmue 2 after finishing 1. then you understand the pacing of the game and how shenmue 1 is truly the prologue of a huge saga. it shouldn't be sene as a sperate game

well , originally they were one game (as seen in the Saturn video) , so its possible they split up the games to make more money.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 bultje112

how do you know? they simply had the first 5 or more chapters done on the saturn or close to it but could've been seperated just as well and more than likely as I can't imagine how many cd's on the saturn it would've been

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Darkman2007

how do you know? they simply had the first 5 or more chapters done on the saturn or close to it but could've been seperated just as well and more than likely as I can't imagine how many cd's on the saturn it would've been

bultje112
not a whole lot of discs tbh, the game would have been long, but wouldn't have taken as much space , due to textures being lower res , sound being a worse quality etc. yeah , I would imagine a 4-5 CD game maybe, but nothing too crazy.
Ckr64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ckr64
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts
Perfect Dark (N64 version) and my girlfriend is playing Link to the Past:)
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 hurriflash

old school games as viewtiful joe (beated fire leo access to level 7) and contra shattered soldier (three levels beated, stop at tunnel seabed level)

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#196 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Just finished Dragon Quest V last night. Now going to shift my main focus to Dragon Warrior VII, and play Tactics Ogre (psp) on the side.

I will probably throw one more game into the rotation as well since I'm used to being overwhelmed lol.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Castlevania

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Nismology
Currently playing Unreal Tournament 2003 PC version on my mac. Took 4 hours of messing with patches, WINE configuration, X11 updates and editing .ini files to get to work, but it runs absolutely flawlessly now! UT99 is on it's way in the post right now as well! :P Amazing game, my new #1 FPS
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Dudersaper
Left 4 Dead (PC) Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (PC) .hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption (PS2) Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#200 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Playing through 3 different games at the moment, and playing some matches here and there on WWE Legends of Wrestlemania:

-Drakan: The Ancient Gates (PS2) - Great hack-n-slash action game with RPG-elements and a somewhat open-world. The graphics are a bit dated, but it's an earlier PS2 game, so it was good for the time. You have hack-n-slash levels where you kill goblins and trolls and such, search for gold and treasure, fight bosses, and level-up your character. There's towns and shops with NPCs to interact with. But the hook of this game is the ability to control a dragon, as well, which you can use to reign down destruction upon your enemies.

-Rayman: Origins (Wii) - Oh man, this game is so much fun. It's takes me back to the days of getting a new 2D Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog game. And the graphics are beautiful, even though it is only 2D. This should definelty be on the wishlist of ANY gamer that into platformers, artistic games, or old-school games.

-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) - It's post-Symphony of the Night 2D Castlevania, but on-the-go. Nothing here you haven't seen before. But that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing!

-WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania (XBox 360) - Man, this game is a ton of fun simply for it's nostalgic value. Any fans of the WWF (that's right, WW"F") of old, will get a kick out of this game. Mix it up with some of the greatest wrestlers of all-time and in some of the greatest moments in wrestling history in this game. And with some pretty impressive graphics.