SNES vs Sega Genesis/Mega Drive [poll added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Then what I said is exactly what you ment. You think your better because your opinion in something makes you better. I personaly couldn't care less about your selfworth I'm not sure why you brought it up. Now your arguing that Speed runners are like pop music fans when people who play anrgy birds would be way more akin to said fans.

You dropped the ball mang. The speed runners thing works liek a charm, unless you got a poll from thousands of people all hand selected that played both systems like these guys, I suggest you step down off that stacked pyramid of horses.

I'm not forcing you to believe what I do, I love games, games are for fun. More people are still having more fun with their Snes games it would seem, so says Youtube.com, Tasvideos.org an Speedemos.com. All which have both systems plus many more an large communites of people. Can you give me a reason to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

wait, then why did you pick my post, Valknut is the one using speedruns as an argument WHY the SNES is better, because apparently there are more SNES speedruns then there are genesis ones.

I get that people may prefer the SNES over the Genesis, but using speedruns as an argument is just facepalm worthy

bultje112

He's got a point. In fact, if that is true that means there are more snes youtube vids, which is very saying of its staying power and popularity. My cousin had a genesis as a child, and these days he'll say the snes was the better console. When people get old enough they drop the nostalgic factor and just tell it like it is. SNES is the better system. A lot of the games have yet to be topped, and likely never will because that form of game design has been taken over by what hits shelves today.

wow. that couldn't be more wrong. it's completely the opposite. the older people get the more the nostalgia factor comes into play. and whata bs logic. there are more dutch people on twitter than of any other country in teh world. so netherlands must now be the biggest country in the world then

How old are you? Because I'm finding it quite the opposite.

The last thing you said did not make any sense.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

Then what I said is exactly what you ment. You think your better because your opinion in something that makes you better. I personaly couldn't care less about your selfworth I'm not sure why you brought it up. Now your arguing that Speed runners are like pop music fans when people who play angy birds would be way more akin to said fans.

You dropped the ball mang. The speed runners thing works liek a charm, unless you got a poll from thousands of people all hand selected that played both systems like these guys, I suggest you step down off that stacked pyramid of horses.

I'm not forcing you to believe what I do, I love games, games are for fun. More people are still having more fun with their Snes games it would seem, so says Youtube.com, Tasvideos.org an Speedemos.com. All which have both systems plus many more an large communites of people. Can you give me a reason not to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?

Valknut4

wow, you've brought a measuring tape and everything?

Can you give me a reason not to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?Valknut4
because the perception of a videogame system changes depending on which country you live, in most European countries you're more likely to find defenders of Sega systems, why? because sega was more popular in Europe

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Valknut4

Heirren

I'm so sorry you seemingly have been dragged into this with me :( I really thought my point was pretty straight forward.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 rilpas

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Valknut4

I'm so sorry you seemingly have been dragged into this with me :( I really thought my point was pretty straight forward.

well, at least I think I've gotten you to admit that the Genesis was better for racing games, so there's that *shrugs*

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

He's got a point. In fact, if that is true that means there are more snes youtube vids, which is very saying of its staying power and popularity. My cousin had a genesis as a child, and these days he'll say the snes was the better console. When people get old enough they drop the nostalgic factor and just tell it like it is. SNES is the better system. A lot of the games have yet to be topped, and likely never will because that form of game design has been taken over by what hits shelves today.

Heirren

wow. that couldn't be more wrong. it's completely the opposite. the older people get the more the nostalgia factor comes into play. and whata bs logic. there are more dutch people on twitter than of any other country in teh world. so netherlands must now be the biggest country in the world then

I'm 26 and the last thing I said is samr argument as which systemn has more videos on youtube. that says pretty much nothing. there are many countrys in which nobody uses youtube

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Valknut4

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]Can you give me a reason not to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?rilpas

because the perception of a videogame system changes depending on which country you live, in most European countries you're more likely to find defenders of Sega systems, why? because sega was more popular in Europe

Pretty sure people in Europe can use Youtube to post videos, pretty sure anyone can. Youtube isnt just north america its everywhere, so are TAS an speedemos. I did mention you have to be selective about who you are asking. Clearly asking you would be a mistake.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 rilpas

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

I'm 26 and the last thing I said is samr argument as which systemn has more videos on youtube. that says pretty much nothing. there are many countrys in which nobody uses youtube

the perception of a system changes depending where you live, in my country (Portugal) The sega megadrive is THE 16 bit console, hell, most people here prefer the master system over the NES (something I disagree)

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]Can you give me a reason not to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?Valknut4

Pretty sure people in Europe can use Youtube to post videos, pretty sure anyone can. Youtube isnt just north america its everywhere, so are TAS an speedemos. I did mention you have to be selective about who you are asking. Clearly asking you would be a mistake.

pretty sure every european country has it's version of youtube, pretty sure not everyone in Europe uses the american youtube, pretty sure videos in english get more views and more attention then those that are not in english

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Valknut4

Its a good thing the internet isnt just in your country, you see thats why Youtube works..... Because it has videos from everywhere, general opinion of gamers hardcore enough to post videos of them self playing games. I have never done this, have you?

pretty sure every european country has it's version of youtube, pretty sure not everyone in Europe uses the american youtube, pretty sure videos in english get more views and more attention then those that are not in english

rilpas

Wrong 60% of user on teh internet are Chinese. Its general opinion you have yet to put forward one that matters, every person in your country would be a bad example, dito goes for me. Thats why faceless systems like the internet work so well. Please find something to convince me otherwise. Anything, on shread of meaningful evidence.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 rilpas

Its a good thing the internet isnt just in your country, you see thats why Youtube works..... Valknut4

I sugest you re-read my previous post

Because it has videos from everywhere, general opinion of gamers hardcore enough to post videos of them self playing games. I have never done this, have you?

Valknut4

here you go then, here's a semi-popular internet review channel from my country

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUxirozA864g_YWbfPOsM-gg&feature=plcp

it's all in Portuguese though, but you might notice that almost all of it's 16 bit games are *gasps* Genesis games

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rilpas

Wrong 60% of user on teh internet are Chinese. Its general opinion you have yet to put forward one that matters, every person in your country would be a bad example, dito goes for me. Thats why faceless systems like the internet work so well. Please find something to convince me otherwise. Anything, on shread of meaningful evidence.

Valknut4

*sighs*

here's my countrie's youtube: http://videos.sapo.pt/

every country has it's own youtube, get it now?

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 bultje112

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]Can you give me a reason not to think this massive group of gamers is wrong?Valknut4

that's completely untrue. I've been to spain and italy a lot and they have different websites as their youtube and brazil especially. italy, brazil and spain si were sega was by far the biggest. in fatc I've never found anything nintendo in italy or spain except for gameboy

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 rilpas

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"] because the perception of a videogame system changes depending on which country you live, in most European countries you're more likely to find defenders of Sega systems, why? because sega was more popular in Europe

bultje112

that's completely untrue. I've been to spain and italy a lot and they have different websites as their youtube and brazil especially. italy, brazil and spain si were sega was by far the biggest. in fatc I've never found anything nintendo in italy or spain except for gameboy

exactly, hell, the sega genesis and the master system are still commercially available in brazil, they never stopped producing them

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Valknut4

10,642,841 population of portugal

34,108,752 Canada +307,006,550 Usa

Do 10 million people opinions matter more then 340 million? Youtube.com gives me 340 million, if you can find a bigger broader group please post one. until then enjoy still not having a good point.

The reason I used TAS, not youtube, I never once used outube by the way. Was they are gamers, good ones. They love games form those consoles, like us. They are more then 2 people like us. They haven't been forced to chose one or the other like us, the just have.

More of them chose SNES. Please go fidn an example of gamers that chose Sega with some sort of crutch attached. Because I have found 2 great example of more retro hardcore gamers choosing SNES.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

rilpas

exactly, hell, the sega genesis and the master system are still commercially available in brazil, they never stopped producing them

For real? As in, REAL versions of the genesis? what are the outputs, etc? I should research this--I'd buy one. I'm currently playing through the Sonic games on the psp.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 bultje112

Do 10 million people opinions matter more then 340 million? Youtube.com gives me 340 million, if you can find a bigger broader group please post one. until then enjoy still not having a good point.

The reason I used TAS, not youtube, I never once used outube by the way. Was they are gamers, good ones. They love games form those consoles, like us. They are more then 2 people like us. They haven't been forced to chose one or the other like us, the just have.

More of them chose SNES. Please go fidn an example of gamers that chose Sega with some sort of crutch attached.

Valknut4

italy, spain, portugal and brazil have a populartion of 300 million plus, so yes that counts :roll:

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 rilpas

More of them chose SNES. Please go fidn an example of gamers that chose Sega with some sort of crutch attached.

Valknut4

you forgot Brazil, Spain, France, UK, Netherlands and Itally ;)

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Heirren

For real? As in, REAL versions of the genesis? what are the outputs, etc? I should research this--I'd buy one. I'm currently playing through the Sonic games on the psp.

yep, for real hell, they still MAKE sega genesis games in brazil:

http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=5785

EDIT: Just checked, my bad, the megadrive in Brazil was officially discontinued in 2002

strangely enough the master system is still going

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Valknut4

And your information for them choosing is????? Where? Sales info anything... Throw me a bone that says Sega sold more systems then Nintendo did. Not just in those regions, because I'm not isolating I'm going for broad as possible.

More people bought the SNES, I know this, an so do you.

Do you have any evidence that people from around the world choose Genisis over SNES?

How about just hardcore gamers choosing Genisis over SNES?

No? Nothing? Still!

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 rilpas

And your information for them choosing is????? Where? Sales info anything... Throw me a bone that says Sega sold more systems then Nintendo did. Not just in those regions, because I'm not isolating I'm going for broad as possible.

Do you have any evidence that people from around the world choose Genisis over SNES?

No? Nothing? Still!

Valknut4

and you do? suddenly youtube playthroughs count as worldwide polls?

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Valknut4

Thats exactly what they count for.... If people are searching for them, they want them. Want = Good. This isnt Justin bieber there looking for SNES isnt on magazines nor was it popular when Youtube was even invented people have went back an replayed through games on SNES more then Sega. This is evidence of that.

But w/e live in blind love for somethign for no reason at all. I just thought I had a good system, an I do. You just can't handle that your system is teh winnar!

Why you can't just post something an say " Well I found these sites an there not region locked or anything, so anyone can post on them. There are Snes an sega fans on here but there are tons more sega fans an this seems to be the reason why."

An the reason for that is.... those sites don't exsist......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

No? Nothing? Still!

rilpas

I don't think he's saying that. What he is saying, I think, is that youtube is a measureable means to the comparison.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

No? Nothing? Still!

Heirren

I don't think he's saying that. What he is saying, I think, is that youtube is a measureable means to the comparison.

I think it is, for the US and Canada, however, in europe, not as much, after all, how many european reviewers do you see on youtube? and the few I've seen always prefer either Sega or the PC (like Guru Larry or Benzaie) just saying :P

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 rilpas

Thats exactly what they count for.... If people are searching for them, they want them. Want = Good. This isnt Justin bieber there looking for SNES isnt on magazines nor was it popular when Youtube was even invented people have went back an replayed through games on SNES more then Sega. This is evidence of that.

But w/e live in blind love for somethign for no reason at all. I just thought I had a good system, an I do. You just can't handle that your system is teh winnar!

Why you can't just post something an say " Well I found these sites an there not region locked or anything, so anyone can post on them. There are Snes an sega fans on here but there are tons more sega fans an this seems to be the reason why."

An the reason for that is.... those sites don't exsist......

Valknut4

sega 16?

or how about the megadriver? (he's brazilian BTW)

http://www.megadriver.com.br/

sonic retro?

http://www.sonicretro.org/

seriously, I can even find big communities for the 3do or the jaguar (I've visited them, they're all friendly, unlike SOME nintendo fans)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

I think it is, for the US and Canada, however, in europe, not as much, after all, how many european reviewers do you see on youtube? and the few I've seen always prefer either Sega or the PC (like Guru Larry or Benzaie) just saying :P

The point still stands, though. The fact that people like to post how good they are at the game and share it with others is more important than a review. It is extremely widespread.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Valknut4

Did you just link me to a video game music cover band.... An thats evidence of more people play Sega games. How? The sites I listed aren't bias, they have both systems don't care about which is better. They just happen to have more SNES fans then Sega ones.. Like LOADS more.

P.s Power glove is better.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 rilpas

Did you just link me to a video game music cover band.... An thats evidence of more people play Sega games. How?

P.s Power glove is better.

Valknut4

yes, they play games based on sega's songs.

The same way linking to your SNES speed runs isn't evidence that more people play Nintendo games

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

The point still stands, though. The fact that people like to post how good they are at the game and share it with others is more important than a review. It is extremely widespread.

I don't see how

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Valknut4

Except there are sega speed runs also, you don't get it do you. The sites I post aren't bias GO TO THEM! my god man use your eyes.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 rilpas

Except there are sega speed runs also, you don't get it do you. The sites I post aren't bias GO TO THEM! my god man use your eyes.

Valknut4
except speed runs don't mean anything, moreover it only reinforces my point of popularity the same point which I am still waiting for you to contradict on that matter, I'm still waiting for you to prove to me in what genres is the SNES better then genesis' (other then fighting games and RPG's because those are the SNES' strong points)
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 rilpas

speaking of Unbias retro websites:

http://videogamecritic.net/geninfo.htm

http://videogamecritic.net/snesinfo.htm

I'm glad the videogame critic thinks it wins in games, a shame about the sound score but I can see where he's comming from :cool:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]I think it is, for the US and Canada, however, in europe, not as much, after all, how many european reviewers do you see on youtube? and the few I've seen always prefer either Sega or the PC (like Guru Larry or Benzaie) just saying :P

rilpas

I don't see how

Because it is the more widely played system, to this day.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

I don't see how

and your proof for that? I mean, I don't post videos on youtube, so obviously my vote doesn't count

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Valknut4

Well if I look at which game are speed run, then all genres, if I look at which games people play on youtube, all of them. I mean If I use my opinion all of them. If I use the majority of people who play these consoles still to this day, most of them.

You can do the work yourself, i have proven that I'm right you jsut lack something called perspective to see it from other peoples views.

If only me an you mattered they tied if I went out an asked a random gamer, the info I can draw from sales, from speed runs, from youtube, from general opinion. All point to him picking SNES under all circumstance.

You are right if I asked someone in ILOVESEGA .com they would pick sega, no kidding right?

If I ask someone from a non bias site aka, either of the ones I have listed they will 67% of the time pick Snes over sega. Why because it has better games. i dont care about genres or popularity, or lenght of games. Thats not the question. The question is which system does the majority of legacy gamers prefer, answer is Snes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I don't see how

rilpas

and your proof for that? I mean, I don't post videos on youtube, so obviously my vote doesn't count

And I don't post either, but the fact remains that it is still a measureable means to compare the two consoles. I've never heard anybody bring this up before, but it is a very good point. It is polling gamers without really asking an opinion. Proof is in the pudding here--where the pudding is people actually playing the games instead of some nostalgic opinion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 rilpas

You can do the work yourself, i have proven that I'm right you jsut lack something called perspective to see it from other peoples views.Valknut4

look who's talking, you opinion is solely based on popularity, here tell you what, I'll trade your PS3 and 360 for a wii

If only me an you mattered they tied if I went out an asked a random gamer, the info I can draw from sales, from speed runs, from youtube, from general opinion. All point to him picking SNES under all circumstance.Valknut4
in the US yes, I'm sure most gamers would pick the SNES, In Europe? Not so much

You are right if I asked someone in ILOVESEGA .com they would pick sega, no kidding right?

If I ask someone from a non bias site aka, either of the ones I have listed they will 67% of the time pick Snes over sega. Why because it has better games. i dont care about genres or popularity, or lenght of games. Thats not the question. The question is which system does the majority of legacy gamers prefer, answer is Snes.

Valknut4

again: In the US, yes, in Europe: nope

and even in the US there are unbiased reviewers who give sega the slight edge like cla ssic game room or the videogame critic

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 bultje112

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

I don't see how

how do you want to prove that?

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Valknut4

So if we tak into account everyone who wins? I'll be back when you have an easier way then going with Youtube TAS or speedemos. Good luck searching the entireity of the internet.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rilpas

So if we tak into account everyone who wins? I'll be back when you have an easier way then going with Youtube TAS or speedemos. Good luck searching the entireity of the internet.

Valknut4
sure, how about comparing exclusives between genres?
Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Valknut4

2 peoples opinion compared to thousands.. Sounds stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I don't see how

bultje112

The youtube point is not 100%, but it can be taken as a very large poll--a blind poll, at that, which is even more telling because it isn't directly asking the person the question.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 rilpas

2 peoples opinion compared to thousands.. Sounds stupid.

Valknut4
so now you're claiming me and bultje are the only people the entire world who prefer the sega genesis? and you called ME delusional?
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 rilpas

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

The youtube point is not 100%, but it can be taken as a very large poll--a blind poll, at that, which is even more telling because it isn't directly asking the person the question.

yes a very large poll for the US

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Valknut4

I'm saying me telling you which genre is better then you telling me which genre is better leads to jack an **** for a result. Its pointless info.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

the youtube point is 0%. for instance japanese people upload a lot less to youtube than western countrys that are small. that's a cultural thing. that's why you see most youtube uploads are from usa. not because most people live there. brazil don't even have youtube. spain and italy use something else as well.

are you even aware that snes failed in europe? nintendo had a 15% marketshare and megadrive had nearly 70% it was the same with the nes and master system. it's also reason why nintendo often postponed having a nintendo of europe and central distribution at that as they failed to get any foot in the door in the old world. only in france was nintendo more popular than sega.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

rilpas

It is still very telling. Europe doesn't have access to youtube, or a similar type of site?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

It is still very telling. Europe doesn't have access to youtube, or a similar type of site?

it does, though as I stated before, each european country has it's own youtube and I'm not entirely certain just how popular speedruns are outside the US and Japan

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Valknut4

Type Super Nintendo into google, see how many search results you get.

Now do the same for Sega Genisis.

There you go, google isnt just english sites, thats pretty worldwide. There is nothing else I can do...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

it does, though as I stated before, each european country has it's own youtube and I'm not entirely certain just how popular speedruns are outside the US and Japan

But what does that say about each respected system?