SNES vs Sega Genesis/Mega Drive [poll added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

Type Super Nintendo into google, see how many search results you get.

Now do the same for Sega Genisis.

There you go, google isnt just english sites, thats pretty worldwide. There is nothing else I can do...

Valknut4

:lol:

you do know that the sega genesis was called mega drive in the rest of the world right?

and really google search results? now I know you're trolling

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

It is still very telling. Europe doesn't have access to youtube, or a similar type of site?

Heirren

it does, though as I stated before, each european country has it's own youtube and I'm not entirely certain just how popular speedruns are outside the US and Japan

But what does that say about each respected system?

that one was popular in the US and Japan and the other was popular in Europe and south America

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

There you go, google isnt just english sites, thats pretty worldwide. There is nothing else I can do...

Valknut4

lol you seem stuck in america's ass way too far, you doin't even know that outsisde of usa and canada nobody knows what a sega genesis is

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 rilpas

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

bultje112

lol you seem stuck in america's ass way too far, you doin't even know that outsisde of usa and canada nobody knows what a sega genesis is

and in the end, all he's doing is arguing popularity

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

rilpas

Partially, perhaps, but also that people are still actively playing the games. Perhaps people have tired of sega games, or left them in their youth, who knows.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Heirren

Partially, perhaps, but also that people are still actively playing the games. Perhaps people have tired of sega games, or left them in their youth, who knows.

feel free to provide evidence for that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

Are you being serious? The speed runs. The games still have big followings.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

so you're saying that aren't genesis speed runs?

Valknut's logic was that the SNES was better because his website had 166 SNES speed runs and 130 genesis speedruns

yes, massive difference there :roll:

yep, no speed runs at all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

Valknut's logic was that the SNES was better because his website had 166 SNES speed runs and 130 genesis speedruns

166 is more than 130. Okay I'll admit that isn't a huge difference. He gave the impression it was much greater!:)

Even still...FOUR controller ports? Stock six button gamepad? :D

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

166 is more than 130. Okay I'll admit that isn't a huge difference. He gave the impression it was much greater!:)

Even still...FOUR controller ports? Stock six button gamepad? :D

mmm? what's this about controller ports, I'm lost now :S

as for the number, yes, it is more, then again that could be due to personal preference, then anything else

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

I feel sorry for anyone argueing with a guy whose name has the word "nut," in it. His argument was completely fallacious. Look the Genesis has a more speed, it was made to play arcade-like games. I think the Genesis attracted far more creative developers, games like MUSHA, Earthworm Jim, and Toejam & Earl were all on the Genesis. Yes Earthwrom Jim was ported the SNES, which I tried, and it was fail. One thing I notice is the Genesis had a more mature sound to its game, or lower tone, the Super Nintendo was more childish in its sound board.

By this "nut's" opinions, sheep are stronger animals than lions because there are more sheep. WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!!!! The Sega Genesis is the lion, and the Super Nintendo is the sheep. All Nintendo had to do is just release another console and there would be a nice bandwagon following. The Sega Genesis did not have a herd already pasturised, etc. They had to go from the mild popular Master system, though argueably because the Nes was definately better than that Master System.

Btw, I had both systems, but I ultimately am more attracted to the Genesis games after playing both systems extensively, it did not stop me from liking one over the other. You can not have two masters.:P I played and beat many Snes games, they were awesome, its just I always feel after beating a Super Nintendo game, that I really felt no need to play it any more. I actually think making the games longer actual had that effect, Genesis games were short and sweet, like arcade games always were.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#212 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I feel sorry for anyone argueing with a guy whose name has the word "nut," in it. His argument was completely fallacious. Look the Genesis has a more speed, it was made to play arcade-like games. I think the Genesis attracted far more creative developers, games like MUSHA, Earthworm Jim, and Toejam & Earl were all on the Genesis. Yes Earthwrom Jim was ported the SNES, which I tried, and it was fail. One thing I notice is the Genesis had a more mature sound to its game, or lower tone, the Super Nintendo was more childish in its sound board.

mahlasor

The Genesis doesn't actually have "more speed". The whole idea of the "Blast Processing" (which I'm assuming is why you think the Genesis has more speed) was nothng more than a marketing word. There's no such thing as Blast Processing. Also the sound board for the SNES is actually superior to the Genesis' soundboard. I can see someone preferring the sound on a Genesis, though. I didn't. There are exceptions, but a lot of games sounded very similar sounding on the Genesis, IMO. And I have to ask, how is Earthworm Jim on the SNES a fail? You don't like sharper graphics?

However I can agree that the Genesis did seem to attract more creative game developers. I remember the early Electronic Arts games, in particular, standing out with creative outings like Jungle Strike and Road Rash, as well as many of Sega's own first-party titles.

Personally, I think it's worth owning both systems. The SNES and the Genesis are 2 of the greatest and most reliable consoles ever made. They're also cheap and easy to find and collect for.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mahlasor

Actually the Genesis had a faster processor, that is why sport games played smoother on the Genesis. The Super Nintendo technically had superior sound (it did), but the way it was applied was more children oriented. My point is the Genesis had a more adult tone, play TMNT on both consoles and you will see what I mean. I bouht Earthworm Jim on the SNES and it felt sluggish, I payed more for the SNES game, I immediately wanted to go back to the Genesis. At that point, I understood why Earthworm Jim was crappy on a SNES emulator. Yes they are both worth owning, I should know, I did. Though in the end you will end up liking one more, and in my life of having tons of games, and someone wanting my games, I will get rid of the one that I feel I already got my fair share of gaming on. I even replaced the SNES batteries with games like Donkey Kong, Super Mario World, Super Punchout, and the Mario All Stars.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

/\ Earthworm Jim is better on Genesis/\

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mahlasor

^Thank you. The part that sucks about comparing these two is they were not really on equal footing, I feel the developers as a whole did not really push the Genesis until it was starting to die. Think about Vectorman. The Genesis kind of died. Five year console generation >_>. By the time developers learned to maximize the system potential, there was something else coming (32X).

edit: Why the hell am I putting so much thought into this. XD Oh well, I am bored perhaps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

^Thank you. The part that sucks about comparing these two is they were not really on equal footing, I feel the developers as a whole did not really push the Genesis until it was starting to die. Think about Vectorman. The Genesis kind of died. Five year console generation >_>. By the time developers learned to maximize the system potential, there was something else coming (32X).

edit: Why the hell am I putting so much thought into this. XD Oh well, I am bored perhaps.

mahlasor

The most advanced snes games demolish the genesis though. All the Disney games were also better on the genesis.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#217 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Actually the Genesis had a faster processor, that is why sport games played smoother on the Genesis. The Super Nintendo technically had superior sound (it did), but the way it was applied was more children oriented. My point is the Genesis had a more adult tone, play TMNT on both consoles and you will see what I mean. I bouht Earthworm Jim on the SNES and it felt sluggish, I payed more for the SNES game, I immediately wanted to go back to the Genesis. At that point, I understood why Earthworm Jim was crappy on a SNES emulator. Yes they are both worth owning, I should know, I did. Though in the end you will end up liking one more, and in my life of having tons of games, and someone wanting my games, I will get rid of the one that I feel I already got my fair share of gaming on. I even replaced the SNES batteries with games like Donkey Kong, Super Mario World, Super Punchout, and the Mario All Stars.

mahlasor

The Genesis had a faster CPU by a moderate amount, and the SNES had quite a bit better video processor. Of course SNES games just ended up looking better anyway you look at it, so it doesn't really matter.

As for the child oriented tone, I don't see it at all. More then anything, it's just a popular misconception.

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Growing up, I traded these systems back and forth trying to keep up with the new titles that would come out. Now (and also being a collector), I have to say there's no doubt in my mind: SNES. Both systems are amazing, but SNES just tapped the right buttons in my head for outstanding platforming, side-scroller games.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

mahlasor

SNES sound chip was more "childish" ? Now I have heard everything :lol:

SNES had easily better graphics than MD/Genesis because it had a larger color palette and hardware support for scaling/rotation effects (i.e. "Mode 7") as well as a more advanced sound chip. The only thing the MD had over it was a faster main processor but that could be compensated with add-on chips on the SNES (such as DSP, SA-1, Super FX, ect.). As far as arcade games go - the TG-16 ports of Afterburner, OutRun and Space Harrier are actually better than the MD ones altho it's a little older system and generally seen as less capable. And I'm pretty sure SNES got it's fair share of "creative" games as well.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 rilpas

/\ Earthworm Jim is better on Genesis/\

Heirren

really? I always liked the SNES version better, better graphics and sound :P

and the thing about the snes sound chip being more childish...lol wut?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

really? I always liked the SNES version better, better graphics and sound :P

and the thing about the snes sound chip being more childish...lol wut?

rilpas

I'm not actually a fanboy, and I don't know why I said four controller ports, either

SNES sound chip was more "childish" ? Now I have heard everything :lol:

SNES had easily better graphics than MD/Genesis because it had a larger color palette and hardware support for scaling/rotation effects (i.e. "Mode 7") as well as a more advanced sound chip. The only thing the MD had over it was a faster main processor but that could be compensated with add-on chips on the SNES (such as DSP, SA-1, Super FX, ect.). As far as arcade games go - the TG-16 ports of Afterburner, OutRun and Space Harrier are actually better than the MD ones altho it's a little older system and generally seen as less capable. And I'm pretty sure SNES got it's fair share of "creative" games as well.

nameless12345

I think I know what he is referring to. The very first model had a crispness to the audio. Perhaps the output frequency was a little bit higher, i don't know.

Also, you say easily better graphics, but then there are cases like Earthworm Jim, Aladdin, Lion King, and just about all of those "animated" type games. Someone else pointed out the EA games running smoother, and that is also true for the most part.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#222 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Gotta go with the Mega Drive. There are a ton of hidden gems there that i love, much more so than on the SNES.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Lucianu

Someone else pointed out the EA games running smoother, and that is also true for the most part.

Heirren

Most of the games i've tried run smoother, especially shoot 'em ups which are a pleasure on the eye due to them being very fluid. SNES had better graphics and worse speed, wile the Genesis had worse graphics and better speed, that's how i've always seen it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Someone else pointed out the EA games running smoother, and that is also true for the most part.

Lucianu

Most of the games i've tried run smoother, especially shoot 'em ups which are a pleasure on the eye due to them being very fluid. SNES had better graphics and worse speed, wile the Genesis had worse graphics and better speed, that's how i've always seen it.

Yeah I don't think I'd say most. As far as audio/visuals, the top snes games were leagues better than that of the genesis. I swear that first batch of genesis titles, Golden Axe for example, barely felt like a step up from the 8bit games. Contrast that with Super Mario World--that game was a release title and is better than anything on genesis.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Lucianu

Yeah I don't think I'd say most. As far as audio/visuals, the top snes games were leagues better than that of the genesis. I swear that first batch of genesis titles, Golden Axe for example, barely felt like a step up from the 8bit games. Contrast that with Super Mario World--that game was a release title and is better than anything on genesis.

Heirren

To each their own, i believe a lot of Genesis titles are far better than what's on the SNES, Super Mario World included (though Super Mario World 2 is infinitely better, and is the greatest 2D platformer on Earth).

I have both systems with a large collection to my choice's pleasure either way, and i often pick a title to play for a couple of hours wen i find some free time. The backlog i have on those systems is gigantic, given that i never played them before in their time.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Ridiculous statement.

Show me anything on an 8-bit system that looks close to it.

You could look at the Master System and PC-ENGINE CD versions of the game to begin with. And those came out later, if I remember correctly.

If you think the MD wasn't a step up even in 1988 then you have a pretty messed up memory of how 8-bit games looked.

The Super Famicom came out years later. MD graphics also improved then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Panzer_Zwei

Ridiculous statement.

You could look at the Master System and PC-ENGINE CD versions of the game to begin with. And those came out later, if I remember correctly.

If you think the MD wasn't a step up even in 1988 then you have a pretty messed up memory of how 8-bit games looked.

That looks like an emulator shot. It is hard to post old console shots as the native resolution is rather low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o68IPyg3og

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Ridiculous statement.

That looks like an emulator shot. It is hard to post old console shots as the native resolution is rather low.

No problem :

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 rilpas

Altered Beast Genesis

Altered Beast NES

I'll let these images speak for themselves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Ridiculous statement.

Panzer_Zwei

No problem :

I'm still questioning those shots, but the first two look more akin to reality. I don't understand what you are trying to prove. I said I felt that some early genesis games barely looked better, and I still think that. Even visuals aside, Golden Axe sounds and animates horribly.

*lol at the blatant emulator shot above this post.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Panzer_Zwei

I'm still questioning those shots, but the first two look more akin to reality. I don't understand what you are trying to prove. I said I felt that some early genesis games barely looked better, and I still think that. Even visuals aside, Golden Axe sounds and animates horribly.

Heirren

I already said what I'm trying to prove : Your ridiculous statement that first-gen MD games only looked barely better than 8-bit games.

NES games all had small an undetailed character sprites and backgrounds, with barely any animation. There's no comparison.

You're really grasping for straws here, complaining about screenshots and such

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 rilpas

Heirren

because the NES screenshot didn't come from an emulator amirite? :roll:

wake me up when you have a real argument

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
I actually agree with you Heirren. It was the step in the right direction, but to be honest the real jump didn't happen until Neo-Geo, 32X, Lynx, FX chip, CDi. Although I think what Zwei is thinking is that your saying there isn't a noticeable jump at all.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Another48hours

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Panzer_Zwei

I already said what I'm trying to prove : Your ridiculous statement that first-gen MD games only looked barely better than 8-bit games.

NES games all had small an undetailed character sprites and backgrounds, with barely any animation. There's no comparison.

You're really grasping for straws here, complaining about screenshots and such

Oh he said barely looked better ok. I can see that with the Turbografx-16 for consoles but not the NES. Or the Action Max but that thing was........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

rilpas

because the NES screenshot didn't come from an emulator amirite? :roll:

wake me up when you have a real argument

My argument was that a number of initial genesis games barely looked better than NES. Golden Axe, when played on an actual genesis, is a rather atrocious game in every respect. Sound, Video, and animation are very lackluster. I posted a video a few posts back showing an NES game--yes, not as good looking, but with better animation. I am in no way saying that the NES produced visuals better than that of the genesis. It was a means to compare it[genesis] to the SNES. The snes never really had this problem--the launch games still look great.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 rilpas

My argument was that a number of initial genesis games barely looked better than NES. Golden Axe, when played on an actual genesis, is a rather atrocious game in every respect. Sound, Video, and animation are very lackluster. I posted a video a few posts back showing an NES game--yes, not as good looking, but with better animation. I am in no way saying that the NES produced visuals better than that of the genesis. It was a means to compare it to the SNES. The snes never really had this problem--the launch games still look great.

Heirren

except it doesn't and you have yet to provide any proof of that show me an NES game that displays 64 on screen on colours

also, Gradius III for the SNES looks like a master system game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

My argument was that a number of initial genesis games barely looked better than NES. Golden Axe, when played on an actual genesis, is a rather atrocious game in every respect. Sound, Video, and animation are very lackluster. I posted a video a few posts back showing an NES game--yes, not as good looking, but with better animation. I am in no way saying that the NES produced visuals better than that of the genesis. It was a means to compare it to the SNES. The snes never really had this problem--the launch games still look great.

rilpas

except it doesn't and you have yet to provide any proof of that show me an NES game that displays 64 on screen on colours

The animation is much better--it is far more fluid. What you just said gives me the impression you did not understand a word of my prior post.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

The animation is much better--it is far more fluid. What you just said gives me the impression you did not understand a word of my prior post.

so in other words, you can't show me an NES game with 64 on screen colours? alright

can you show me one with any of these resolutions , 256×448, 320×224, 320×448 while displaying 64 on screen colours?

oh and can you show me a brawler on the NES that displays 64 on screen colours, with the previously mentioned resolutions, that allows for digitiged voices AND two players?

on of these is not like the other

besides, if anything, it was the SNES games that looked like 8bit games

Gradius III? looks like a master system game

and I've yet to see you backup your claims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

so in other words, you can't show me an NES game with 64 on screen colours? alright

can you show me one with any of these resolutions 56×224, 256×448, 320×224, 320×448 while displaying 64 on screen colours?

oh and can you show me a brawler on the NES that displays 64 on screen colours, with the previously mentioned resolutions, that allows for digitiged voices AND two players?

I no longer think you understand my point. Also, that last genesis shot is a fake--genesis did NOT output 640x480.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

can you show me one with any of these resolutions 56×224, 256×448, 320×224, 320×448 while displaying 64 on screen colours?

I no longer think you understand my point. Also, that last genesis shot is a fake--genesis did NOT output 640x480.

All I see someone who makes unfounded claims and uses strawmen arguments

there:

baby feel better now? :roll:

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Panzer_Zwei

Your point was ridiculous to begin with. And these type of comparisons are unfair for both systems.

The Mega Drive looked and sounded generation above what the 8-bit systems had to offer at that time. And those times were still the 80s.

The Super Famicom first-gen games had better graphics? Oh really? They damned better had since the system came out two years later in late 1990. By that time MD quality had also improved.

I don't know if you were around in the 80s or not, but your delusional if you think the MD wasn't regarded as a remarkable step into the new 16-bit realm back then.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Another48hours

Your point was ridiculous to begin with. And these type of comparisons are unfair for both systems.

The Mega Drive looked and sounded generation above what the 8-bit systems had to offer at that time. And those times were still the 80s.

The Super Famicom first-gen games had better graphics? Oh really? They damned better had since the system came out two years later in late 1990. By that time MD quality had also improved.

I don't know if you were around in the 80s or not, but your delusional if you think the MD wasn't regarded as a remarkable step into the new 16-bit realm back then.

Panzer_Zwei

Lynx and Turbo are pretty close but I agree it was the step in the right direction, although it barely improved from that during its life-span until the add-ons.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Emerald_Warrior

I wish there was a "both" option. I would have voted both, since I love both systems. But since I didn't have a choice, I chose SNES because if for some weird reason I was forced to choose one or the other I would choose SNES because of 4 games I just couldn't live without: Super Mario World, Super Metroid, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Emerald_Warrior

Altered Beast Genesis

Altered Beast NES

rilpas

When was Altered Beast released on NES? I thought it was only on Arcade, Genesis, and Master System.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Panzer_Zwei

Barely improved? Are you joking me?

This is why I don't like engaging these sort of comparison threads, because they always end up in twisted pointless and biased arguments.

Everyone has already their mind set up in the first place, and its not going to change no matter what.

I only got here because that one point seemed ridiculous to me, but I'll stop now by only saying that to what I'm concerned there was nothing back then like the experience of playing THE SUPER SHINOBI for the first time in your room with your headphones at full volume.

If you think any FC/NES games could've rivaled that new 16-bit experience back then good for you. If you liked the SFC more good for you as well.

Personally, I'd take the PC-ENGINE over the SFC any old day, anyway.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

Altered Beast Genesis

Altered Beast NES

Emerald_Warrior

When was Altered Beast released on NES? I thought it was only on Arcade, Genesis, and Master System.

according to Wikipedia, July 1990

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Emerald_Warrior

I see it, for the Famicom. That's the Japanese version. So it never did come out on the NES.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Another48hours

Barely improved? Are you joking me?

This is why I don't like engaging these sort of comparison threads, because they always end up in twisted pointless and biased arguments.

Everyone has already their mind set up in the first place, and its not going to change no matter what.

I only got here because that one point seemed ridiculous to me, but I'll stop now by only saying that to what I'm concerned there was nothing back then like the experience of playing THE SUPER SHINOBI for the first time in your room with your headphones at full volume.

If you think any FC/NES games could've rivaled that new 16-bit experience back then good for you. If you liked the SFC more good for you as well.

Personally, I'd take the PC-ENGINE over the SFC any old day, anyway.

Panzer_Zwei

By Barely Improved I am comparing it with the Turbo early on before all the 16 bit consoles came out. I was talking in general, he was talking about only the NES. THAT'S insane talk as the NEs wasn;t even the strongest 8-bit system BEFORE the turbo came out. Now if we are talking IN GENERAL it could partially be debated. Calm down.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Another48hours

I see it, for the Famicom. That's the Japanese version. So it never did come out on the NES.

Emerald_Warrior
Toploader import.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Another48hours

Toploader import.

Okay, but it still never did come out on NES.