Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12601 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21504 posts) -

@bluevulture said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a platformer from the 2000s (-ish, I think?).

It has something to do with chickens and eggs, I seem to remember a outdoors, green grass and bushes kind-of aestetic. One of the levels was a castle, with bats. I am pretty sure it was 2.5D, I distinctly remember an egg model that was spinning around itself. Thats about all I can remember about the actual game. I know I played it on Windows XP, sometime between 2003-2008. Hope someone can help me, and thanks.

Pekka Kana 2?

Avatar image for kopaka_01
#12602 Edited by Kopaka_01 (1 posts) -

Hey everyone, I hope you can help me! I am looking for a game I played over 10 years ago. It was a browser/flash game and you controlled a girl wielding either a yo-yo or a big red ball (not sure on that) as a weapon. I think it was just the demo for a game because it only had one level and I think there were multiple characters to choose from but the demo only had the girl. It was in pixel art as far as I remember and it was a 2D-Sidecroller action platformer / beat em up. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found it! It is called Bosozoku Fighters

Avatar image for zurrock1
#12603 Posted by Zurrock1 (1 posts) -

Hello, I am looking for an old sega saturn possibly ps1 bullet hell game, in which you played as a 3d ship in a 3d environment. The few things I remember is the game would change perspective as you played some time directly over the top, sometimes the side, sometimes directly behind the ship. I remember you being able to pick up smart bombs, and that there were three orbs, blue, red, and yellow that would change your weapon. I think the red one was just a giant beam. And if you collected the corresponding color multiple times you would get a better version of that weapon. I specifically remember a level that was kinda like a temple you started outside from a top-down perspective crossing a bridge. Once you got into the temple the perspective changed multiple times, but I remember one part where your no only fighting enemies but dodging pillars that are in the way to try and shit the core of the temple in the back. I think I remember that part well cause it was so freaking hard. Its not einhander or any of the ray series.

Avatar image for bluevulture
#12604 Edited by bluevulture (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@bluevulture said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a platformer from the 2000s (-ish, I think?).

It has something to do with chickens and eggs, I seem to remember a outdoors, green grass and bushes kind-of aestetic. One of the levels was a castle, with bats. I am pretty sure it was 2.5D, I distinctly remember an egg model that was spinning around itself. Thats about all I can remember about the actual game. I know I played it on Windows XP, sometime between 2003-2008. Hope someone can help me, and thanks.

Pekka Kana 2?

Yes! Thank you.

Avatar image for mesotablar
#12606 Posted by Mesotablar (2 posts) -

I am looking for an old arcade game that was converted for PC and added to a collection that was sold for Windows XP, so I have no idea when the game originated but it was plat-formed for PC before 2007.

You controlled a small space ship which you used to cut away sections of the background to trap a large robotic or alien snake/worm. If the snake/worm touched your cut line before you completed your cut section little explosions would go along the line until it blew up your ship. If you manage to limit the space available for the snake/worm it would blow up and you would proceed to the next level (which was slowly revealed as a low quality version to fill in the cut out space). It was really simple game, no sidescrolling, what you saw on screen was the limits of the game area.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12607 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21504 posts) -

@mesotablar said:

I am looking for an old arcade game that was converted for PC and added to a collection that was sold for Windows XP, so I have no idea when the game originated but it was plat-formed for PC before 2007.

You controlled a small space ship which you used to cut away sections of the background to trap a large robotic or alien snake/worm. If the snake/worm touched your cut line before you completed your cut section little explosions would go along the line until it blew up your ship. If you manage to limit the space available for the snake/worm it would blow up and you would proceed to the next level (which was slowly revealed as a low quality version to fill in the cut out space). It was really simple game, no sidescrolling, what you saw on screen was the limits of the game area.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Volfied or one of its thousands of clones.

Avatar image for andrewro
#12608 Edited by AndrewRO (1 posts) -

Hello! There is this particular PC game (which I am pretty sure was bought for me at Staples years ago) that I am trying to remember the name of. I played it back during the early 2000s. All that I recall from the game is you are assigned to work in some sort of factory/power plant and have to play in a large array of puzzling levels. I fondly remember the game over you get when losing; the building becomes engulfed in a purple substance and eventually corrupts the entire world (which basically terrified me as a kid lol).

I wish I could give more details but this is as best I could remember. Thank you in advance for trying to help out. :)

Avatar image for cayde
#12609 Posted by Cayde (104 posts) -

A game such as Counter-strike, the cinematic intro, shows enemy team with a skull mask, and he trying to run, and he hop into a helicopter, and one of Police team shot it down with rocket launcher.

I remember the whole game even the maps, and guns, but can't remember the title.

Avatar image for kannonphodder
#12610 Posted by KannonPhodder (1 posts) -

I'm trying to find the name of an old arcade game circa 1983-85. All I can remember about it is that is was a similar style of game to Choplifter. The only thing I do remember about it was that entered by default on the high score table were the words "JR is a bad guy but you can top him".

I've searched all over the place and can't find a thing.

Avatar image for amirali007
#12611 Edited by AmirAli007 (-3 posts) -

a Medieval Strategy and Third Person game its just like strong hold except you can Control your hero and Fight like Ryse son of Rome if anyone can help me with it. i am much Appreciate

Avatar image for mesotablar
#12612 Posted by Mesotablar (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@mesotablar said:

I am looking for an old arcade game that was converted for PC and added to a collection that was sold for Windows XP, so I have no idea when the game originated but it was plat-formed for PC before 2007.

You controlled a small space ship which you used to cut away sections of the background to trap a large robotic or alien snake/worm. If the snake/worm touched your cut line before you completed your cut section little explosions would go along the line until it blew up your ship. If you manage to limit the space available for the snake/worm it would blow up and you would proceed to the next level (which was slowly revealed as a low quality version to fill in the cut out space). It was really simple game, no sidescrolling, what you saw on screen was the limits of the game area.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Volfied or one of its thousands of clones.

Thanks, I checked screen shots and that was it!

Avatar image for kashani
#12613 Edited by Kashani (2 posts) -

@oareaso: Thanks a lot for your help dear @oareaso.

Avatar image for mitaka90
#12614 Edited by mitaka90 (2 posts) -

The game I am looking for is a fighting game, around 10+ years old I used to play on my PC (windows XP). I believe it was 3D and had funny characters, I believe some of them were even celebrities but Im not sure. The game was fairly gory but also comedic at the same time. I specifically remember a character with an afro hair and that you could use a chainsaw to cut opponents arms when fighting. The art style was kinda funny as well, I think the torsos were fairy smaller than the heads of the characters that added to the comedic effect of the game. Hopefully someone can figure this one out.

Edit: Found it myself - Celebrity Deathmatch

Avatar image for cayde
#12615 Posted by Cayde (104 posts) -

@mitaka90: Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVskxvIQFU&t=58s

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12616 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21504 posts) -

@cayde said:

@mitaka90: Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVskxvIQFU&t=58s

Oh wow, The Rage. How many people on the internet know that game? 4 including us? 😄

BURRRRP

Avatar image for cayde
#12617 Posted by Cayde (104 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: When I finished fighting force, I looked for anything like, until I found the rage on cd.

That was on 2002 xD

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12618 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21504 posts) -

@cayde said:

@Black_Knight_00: When I finished fighting force, I looked for anything like, until I found the rage on cd.

That was on 2002 xD

Oh wow, you actually managed to play it back in the day, that's impressive.

Avatar image for milowings
#12619 Edited by milowings (1 posts) -

Hi, I'm looking for a game I played once on a console at my friend's house, probably about 10 years ago. The game had fairly dark, gritty aesthetics, and I'm fairly sure it was 3D and in 3rd person. There was an option to play as a human, but I remember being able to play as a wolf or some kind of wolf/canine-like demon. I think, when playing as a wolf, the humans in the game were antagonistic towards you, or maybe scared of you, can't remember. There was one scene with a hut and a fire, I think.

The most vivid memory I have of it is a scene that took place on a cliff, with a really long bridge that I couldn't cross at that point in the game. There were two or three shadowy demons that I think you had to beat to get across, but I wasn't very good at the game and couldn't beat them in the hour or so that I played.

Have been looking for this game ever since I played it, but could never find it since I have so little to go off. Thank you in advance!

Avatar image for ragemuffins
#12620 Edited by RageMuffins (1 posts) -

I'm looking for an old snes? (I think) game that I used to play alot in the late 90s early 2000 but forgot the name. I do remember that the game had boss levels some of them being a giant coo coo bird clock, a clown that was bouncing on a ball and I specifically remember a boss fight in which you and the boss were parachuting to the ground and the fight took place in the air. Been searching for quite some time now and all I come up with is the cuphead boss fights because some are weirdly similar to the game I'm looking for. Thank you in advance

Avatar image for mitaka90
#12621 Edited by mitaka90 (2 posts) -

@cayde: I forgot to edit my comment. I found the game immediately after I posted that comment and decided to search again... weird... It is not Rage, it is Celebrity Deathmatch

Avatar image for cayde
#12622 Posted by Cayde (104 posts) -

@mitaka90: Celebrity Deathmatch! if you just said WWF with trump, I knew instantly :p

Avatar image for cayde
#12623 Edited by Cayde (104 posts) -

@milowings: Perhaps Legacy of Kain, but I can't recall there's transforming to a human!