Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

Avatar image for pamplemousseyay
#12701 Posted by pamplemousseyay (1 posts) -

Hello! I'm looking for a game that I saw 1-2 years ago; it involves a group of people trapped in a hospital-type room, not a hospital, just very pristine and that kind of feel, communicating with a face on a screen. All of them have amnesia and can't remember who they are, but they slowly start to remember things as the game progresses. The protagonist is a brother trying to figure out what happened to his missing little sister. The person who trapped them tells him that someone in the room knows something, and they're going to find out while trapped there. There is a secondary character named Lisa. A specific scene that I remember is one where the characters are trapped in tubes of water, and you have to play a mini-game to save them before time runs out; this mini-game involves butterflies. It was third-person, possibly a visual novel game. I didn't play it myself, but watched somebody play the demo on YouTube.

I've been looking everywhere trying to find the title of this game! Does anyone have any recollection of this? Thank you so much in advance!!

#12703 Posted by ToxicDestroy (1 posts) -

Hey guys!

So I'm looking for an old game. I'm 95% sure it was for the DS. I wasn't really old so it must be from 6+ years ago.

It takes place in a high school and you were able to manage your classes yourself and you could have a mini job. It also was about being a good friend.

One thing I remember the most is one of the songs that always played in the background. It goes something like "I've finally found my people now. Where have you been".

I think it's also with a bit romance but I'm not too sure with this.

It's not monster high, nor surviving high school or any of the imagine series. I really can't remember and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for helping! <3

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12704 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@pamplemousseyay: Sounds like one of the games in the 999 series.

#12705 Posted by CygnusPH (1 posts) -

Hi guys,

It's been bugging me since I played this game a long long time ago like it was 10 or 11 years ago.

-tbh I don't really know if it is a Browser game or a Flash game, but I was playing the game the same time I'm playing Diner Dash, Tumble bugs. and also I'm not sure if this game I'm looking for is a Yahoo Game.

-the game is like Luxor or tumble bugs but you don't shoot the pieces that's flowing on the line, you use those pieces to unlock stones to free the one on the picture that's been locked by the stones (or so this is the right sentence I should be using, something like that)

-the pieces I'm saying has different shapes like the smallest one has like a Rhombus shape, the middle has like and sharp hourglass shape and the biggest one has the shape of octagon or hexagon. (don't remember the rest of the shapes) and you can rotate the pieces by using right click or middle mouse button. Does mouse that has a ball underneath has a MMB ? HAHAHA

-the stones you need to unlock has a different colors like 3red 2green 1gray *the numbers indicates on how many stones you need to put on top of them in order to clear them* (don't know if I remember correctly)

-it has a very relaxing bgm (which concludes this little nostalgia trip I'm having, I couldn't even sleep sometimes)

-I remember one level like it has "The nightingale", A bird who's in a birdcage (don't remember if it was a crow or this was the nightingale) and the Pied Piper

If the description is not enough. I'll make sure to add If I remember some more

#12706 Posted by EricGregg088 (1 posts) -

It was a flash game that I found on the internet. It had a real-time turn based gameplay that was a party system style. I played with a healer female and 2 males, 1 had an army uniform and a huge rifle and the other was a swordsman with a sword. It was an rpg but not an online. You had 3 people in your party at max. That’s about all I can remember. It was also in 2008.

#12707 Posted by Deaymon (17 posts) -

@cygnusph: Is it this one? http://www.zylom.com/us/en/download-games/puzzle-games/jigsaw-puzzle/charm-tale/

#12708 Posted by Deaymon (17 posts) -

@ericgregg088: Those characters sound exactly like the ones from Epic Battle Fantasy 3 & 4!

Avatar image for springbok-black
#12709 Edited by Springbok-Black (3 posts) -

Looking for an indie game from ~2011-2016 with no real goal or focus. Was free to download from the developer's website

Had various vehicles that you could drive around with a sort of steampunky aesthetic

You controlled a female character from the 3rd person

Was probably made in Unity though can't remember for sure

Had an article written about it describing the game as a world the dev had imagined about since he/she was little

Game was 3D but had some pretty simple graphics

#12710 Edited by Elliephant92 (8 posts) -

Long shot but worth a shot! So this is a 90s PC game, windows 95 I think, it was like a game show, contestants behind podiums and having to answer question, the host was a lady in a red dress and when someone answered a question right or wrong, there was a farty noise. Anybody have any ideas?? Thank you all

#12711 Edited by sh4rkand0 (1 posts) -

I don't remember the flash game very well (thanks to my memory) but I do remember some things about it. The game is like Minecraft because it has a lot of blocks. Your character is also a bunch of blocks that can be changed into other things when you unlock them. I played it back in 2015 so it must have been made in the 2000-2010's. At the beginning I remember you start out in a farm or something similar to one. When you leave the farm I believe you enter a city/town/village where there is one place that is protected by guards (I could never pass through it so I don't know much more). That's pretty much all I remember.

All I remember:

It's a flash game (PC)

It's third person

It's like minecraft

It's mostly blocks

You start out in a farm

You go to a village

There are guards somewhere in that village blocking a path

After like a month I gave up finding it since my little brother (8) might give up like I did, but then I found this Forum. If you can't find it, no problem I couldn't either, and that was in a month's time.

---Thanks.

#12712 Posted by Springbok-Black (3 posts) -

@springbok-black: Nevermind, managed to find it

#12713 Posted by Deaymon (17 posts) -

@springbok-black: Would be nice if you said its name/where to find it in case someone comes to the thread looking for it or is interested in the game

#12714 Edited by Lonk3446 (1 posts) -

I've been stuck on this game for years but I could never once find out what it's called, I'm hoping someone might be able to help

- It started out with the main character walking in the night rain where they move around a big house built into the tree, they find a red head and a old man being tormented by monsters, the character kills the monsters

- You could mine, chop trees etc

- The red head girl has a little sister who bites you

- It was on Ds and was 2D

- you could have kids and such

-The town sometimes had events (the most familar was beating this weird giant creature)

- A cook off

- 2000-2008

That's all I can remember, hopefully it's enough

#12715 Edited by Springbok-Black (3 posts) -

@lonk3446: Sounds like one of the rune factory games

@deaymon: It's Zerahypt

#12716 Posted by NoName3003 (1 posts) -

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a pirate themed 2D PC game from my childhood in Germany, somewhere in the early 2000s. It most likely came on a CD since my parents didn't really let me play online games in elementary school.

The main "screen" of the game was an incredibly detailed and densely populated cross-section of a Caribbean island, which was divided by a numbered grid. There was some kind of story that had you search for a person on the map, Where's Waldo style, by clicking on one of the grid squares to zoom in on it and then navigating around the adjacent squares by clicking on arrows on the screen. Once you found the person they would give you an audible description of another person and a clue to their approximate location on the grid. There was also some kind of hint system where the person you just found would give you more details if you were really struggling to find the next person.

The map itself had a huge variety of environments, the bottom had underground ice caves on the right side and a mine on the left, on on the top of the screen were mountains and things going on in the sky, like a hot air balloon, the right side of the island had a river and waterfall, the middle of the screen had some sort of jungle, and I believe the left side of the island had a port or beach of some sort.

I have no idea how this related to the rest of the game but I also remember there being a mini game that had you shooting sailors out of a canon onto the mast and sails of a pirate ship. Each sailor would tilt the ship a certain amount, depending on how far from the center of gravity they landed, and if the tilt became too much they'd all fall off and you lost. Another scene that I can't place is the pretty cluttered interior of the captain's cabin on a pirate ship that had you interacting with things like treasures and maps, although I can't remember he purpose or effect of those interactions.

Thanks for your help, I hope that's enough for someone to recognize the game!

#12717 Posted by vaitonyte (1 posts) -

Alright, so I'm lookin for a bit of an older game, not sure which platform it was on.

-About 13-15 years old.

-Turn based fighting game.

-Had rocks on either side of the platform with a blue floor at the bottom.

-Real cartoony art style. (Round characters, no neck, round arms and legs.)

-The only character remembered is dressed like a tiger.

-No blood, PG game.

-The game was completely free.

#12718 Posted by Gerrishjo (1 posts) -

So I'm looking for a fantasy phone game from about 10 years ago. You could never control your heros and they had their own money t oh spend on upgrades. You build a archer camp or something and it would let you buy say 3 archers who would run around and do their own thing. You could try to get the adventures to do what you wanted by making bounties but was no guarentee. The whole time you are playing a mission you are being attacked by waves. You could also use spells to help you minions or bring them back from the dead

#12719 Posted by oareaso (63 posts) -

@gerrishjo: The game is named "Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim" you can buy it on GOG

#12720 Edited by AndrewRO (2 posts) -

Hello! There is this particular PC game (which I am pretty sure was bought for me at Staples years ago) that I am trying to remember the name of. I played it back during the early 2000s. All that I recall from the game is you are assigned to work in some sort of factory/power plant and have to play in a large array of puzzling levels. I fondly remember the game over you get when losing; the building becomes engulfed in a purple substance and eventually corrupts the entire world (which basically terrified me as a kid lol).

I wish I could give more details but this is as best I could remember. Thank you in advance for trying to help out. :)