So im working on a FFVII 2D Remake...( Updated with screens :D )

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
How exactly do you do that ? :?
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#102 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
hmmm lol not sure about that one. sorry
Avatar image for Cloud_Strife37x
Cloud_Strife37x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 Cloud_Strife37x
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
Yeah! I was being a cheap bastard one time, and bought a $40 MP3 player. But it could RECORD and automatically save those file in itself in .mp3 format. Then I could simply transfer the file to my computer via USB. If you could find an MP3 player that records...that just might work. Of course there would be some hassle making your way through the game to find the sound you wanted..I beat the game in 7 days once though...good luck with the game anyway, I can't wait to play it.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 NWA_31
I know you're trying to help (and I appreciate it), but I'm not paying $40 for that. Besides, the quality would be pretty bad. I think I'll just make my own sounds :?
Cloud_Strife37x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Cloud_Strife37x
Good idea. I can make sword noises! *SHING* SHHHWWAANNNGGG** and the monster death noise... *CHHHHHHHHHHHHOWWWWWWIISSSSHHHTT*** ^_^ I AM the greatest!
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 xaphi1
Member since 2005 • 9530 Posts
How do you create the sprites?
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#107 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

Good idea. I can make sword noises! *SHING* SHHHWWAANNNGGG** and the monster death noise... *CHHHHHHHHHHHHOWWWWWWIISSSSHHHTT*** ^_^ I AM the greatest!Cloud_Strife37x

LMAO you need that guy from Police Academy (not a favorite movie or anything, I just remember the dude who made really convinsing sounds :lol: ) He'd be perfect! All joking aside, I personally would have fun making the sounds myself.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 NWA_31

How do you create the sprites?xaphi1

I look at a characters' artwork and then I draw it with Paint :P

Good idea. I can make sword noises! *SHING* SHHHWWAANNNGGG** and the monster death noise... *CHHHHHHHHHHHHOWWWWWWIISSSSHHHTT*** ^_^ I AM the greatest!Cloud_Strife37x

No, I meant using a prgram, not with my mouth :lol:

Cloud_Strife37x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Cloud_Strife37x
Yeah the Police Acadamy guy would work lol. But making the noises with your mouth would make it all authentic and make it feel cheap and rushed ^_^
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
yeah, if you used your mouth to make the noises, I'd definetely play your game. :D
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 xaphi1
How are things going?
MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

WOW I JUST READ EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE ABOUT THIS I WAS SO INTERESTED. YO, I KNOW YOU WANT SOMETHING IMPRESSIVE BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE GAME AS A DEMO WITH THE SOUNDS EFFECTS. BUT IM SO WILLING TO PLAY THIS REMAKE EVEN WITHOUT SOUND(I DID IT PLAYING A PC VERSION OF MEGAMAN X4). HEY ILL JUST GET SOME FINAL FANTASY MUSIC FROM LIMEWIRE AND PLAY IT WHILE I PLAY THE GAME. SO PLLLEEEAAASSE GIVE US A DEMO.

ALSO, GOOD LOOK ON MAKING THIS. ITS IMPRESSIVE AND SHOWS HOW MUCH PEOPLE LOVE THE GAME. WHEN I PLAYED IT LAST I WAS IN 4TH, 5TH GRADE. I JUST GRADUATED AND I'M STILL GET FLASHBACKS OF WHEN I KILLED RUBY WEAPON(IFANYONE HASNT YET, I KILLED MY TEAMMATES N WAITED TILL HE DUG HIS CLAWS IN THE GROUND. THEN BOOSTED MY ATTACK WITH HERO DRINKS. YOU MIGHT WANNA EQUIP FINAL ATTACK WITH PHOENIX TOO)

ANYWAY KEEP DOING YOUR THING AND GET AT ME ON EMAIL OR SOMETHING IF SQUARE GIVES YOU TROUBLE SO I CAN GET A COPY. peace

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
This is the first time I actually checked this thread. I'm surprised when I saw those 2 screenshots. They're lovely! How's the progress of this game? I would love to play it. How many percent is the completion rate? I'm so excited!!!
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 NWA_31

How are things going?xaphi1

Alright. I still can't find the sounds, so im looking for a program that'll let me create them myself.

WOW I JUST READ EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE ABOUT THIS I WAS SO INTERESTED....

MiracleMir

Well, I do have music, just no sound. I'll try to make a demo soon ;)

And if Square-Enix really won't let me, I guess I'll just share with you guys (And hope that none of you will mass upload it) :P

This is the first time I actually checked this thread. I'm surprised when I saw those 2 screenshots. They're lovely! How's the progress of this game? I would love to play it. How many percent is the completion rate? I'm so excited!!!Fantasy_Gamer

Thanks :D I don't know the percentages, but the intro and the bombing mission are done, although there are still a few bugs. Right now, im designing the Sector 7 slums.

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
COOL, CANT WAIT. I FEEL LIKE A KID THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WAITING FOR THIS. THE SCREENS LOOK GREAT, ANYWAY WE CAN GET SOME MORE...
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Fantasy_Gamer

Yeah. More screenshots would be great. :) I'm excited with how you would design the spells and the summons... Owww... KoR's gonna be hard... I'm really excited. Had lots of nice ideas to share that you may want to include. Hope you can finish it before the year ends. :P And just edit and insert some things later.

I wonder how you would include the affection factors in Don Corneo - Wall Market sidequest and the dating quest...

redman100111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 redman100111
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
Seems, good if you remake the whole game and not just a small part on it good work tho ;) and I dont know whatSqaure-enix can do if its in 2d and I doubt they will want to do anything anyway it wont be hurting them any...
goku12342004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 goku12342004
Member since 2004 • 74 Posts
oh wow this is the first time i saw some of the screen that you post up and it look pretty darn good hehe and i hope that i could play the demo soon i mean very soon hehe can't wait man! =D
Avatar image for The_Judgemaster
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 The_Judgemaster
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
Gotta love those screenshots. It feels great to see this game in 2D.
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 xaphi1
I'd love to see the 2D version of Safer Sephiroth.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 NWA_31

Yeah. More screenshots would be great. :) I'm excited with how you would design the spells and the summons... Owww... KoR's gonna be hard... I'm really excited. Had lots of nice ideas to share that you may want to include. Hope you can finish it before the year ends. :P And just edit and insert some things later.

I wonder how you would include the affection factors in Don Corneo - Wall Market sidequest and the dating quest...

Fantasy_Gamer

Don Corneo and the dating quest should be easy, especially Don Corneo, thanks to your great FAQ :) However, I think I have to cut the minigames, such as the snowboard minigame or the chocobo races. As for your ideas, I'd love to hear them, please do share.

And no, I probably won't finish this by the end of the year, sorry. I need some time, which I don't have right now, especially now with college. :( *sigh*

Seems, good if you remake the whole game and not just a small part on it good work tho ;) and I dont know whatSqaure-enix can do if its in 2d and I doubt they will want to do anything anyway it wont be hurting them any...redman100111

Yeah, I sure hope so...

But like I said, you guys will be able to play it, so don't worry. ;)

oh wow this is the first time i saw some of the screen that you post up and it look pretty darn good hehe and i hope that i could play the demo soon i mean very soon hehe can't wait man! =Dgoku12342004

Hehe...thanks :D I'll make a demo as soon as I fix up all the bugs and make some finish designing the boss.

Gotta love those screenshots. It feels great to see this game in 2D.The_Judgemaster

Just wait 'til you play it. It'll be even better.

I'd love to see the 2D version of Safer Sephiroth.xaphi1

That's a little early..Im still working on the Sector 7 slums. Maybe after I make the demo...or something :)

Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#122 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
Very nice looking. Good job :)
Avatar image for The_Judgemaster
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 The_Judgemaster
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
Where are the new screenshots?
Sedg87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 Sedg87
Member since 2004 • 314 Posts
Looks awesome! Keep it up.
Avatar image for ArchmageAssasin
ArchmageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ArchmageAssasin
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

hey just read this for the 1st time i was thinking you could probably use some sort of software that lets you rip cd images and then use the midi files from the original game cd's alcohal120% would b perfect or you could use image burn too (the later is freeware)

as for ruby weapon if u haven't beat him yet you should know he is STUNNABLE and hades does this nicely so Wsummon Hades>>>Bahamut Zero/KoTR hold down circle somehow set the cursor to memory and just watch him die or go away and come back to the victory screen also that one needle item that stuns works too but you hafto use the Witem exploit to have enough of them

a great way to kill emerald is herodrink+Barrets Ungermax limit break just feed him 2 or 3 and every hit should do 9999 damage then skip everyone else's turn and have Barret mime himself

Witem Exploit: get Witem Materia get in a fight use Witem command select item 1 select item 2 press cancel button item 2 will have been cloned continue selected item 2 and hitting cancel repeatedly to get 99 of any item usable in a fight but u probably already knew that plus i think that trick is on the FF7 page on this very site lol

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Just saw this for the first time and i love the "use aeris as a human shield" option
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 NWA_31
lol :P
chaighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 chaighn
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I think you should keep it the same. But I would like to know were you got those char and battlechar sets at?
frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts
Good work here. Keep it up. :)
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Fantasy_Gamer

I hope NWA can resume working on this project.

I just had this idea... Please include Chocobo Weapon this time! :P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 NWA_31

I knew that someone bumped this thread as soon as I saw my inbox full of mails concerning the remake. :P

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Fantasy_Gamer
Haha. That's why you should give us an update ASAP. :P Just a few more screenshots would make us VERY happy.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 NWA_31
An update would be hard to do because I haven't worked on it for a while. Maybe you guys can help, though... I'll start a thread about this.