So im working on a FFVII 2D Remake...( Updated with screens :D )

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I've been slowly working on a 2D remake of FFVII for a few months now, and so far it's pretty good 8) The intro is almost done, I just need to add a few things here and there and the bombing mission of sector 1's reactor is also near completion. I just need some advice and some help, so I thought this would be the best place to ask.

First, the advice. I'm not sure if I should make it exactly the same as FFVII or something similar but with a few twists, such as making Aeris playable even after she [spoiler] dies... [/spoiler] or even have Sephiroth playable as a bonus. I need to decide before I get too far...

Second, the help. I really need some sound effects, preferably the same sounds effectsas FFVII, if anyone knows where I can find them, that'll be great :D Also, I need a midi editor that'll allow me to create loops for the tracks, preferably something free.

Thanks for helping :D

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I've been slowly working on a 2D remake of FFVII for a few months now, and so far it's pretty good 8) The intro is almost done, I just need to add a few things here and there and the bombing mission of sector 1's reactor is also near completion. I just need some advice and some help, so I thought this would be the best place to ask.

First, the advice. I'm not sure if I should make it exactly the same as FFVII or something similar but with a few twists, such as making Aeris playable even after she [spoiler] dies... [/spoiler] or even have Sephiroth playable as a bonus. I need to decide before I get too far...

Second, the help. I really need some sound effects, preferably the same sounds effectsas FFVII, if anyone knows where I can find them, that'll be great :D Also, I need a midi editor that'll allow me to create loops for the tracks, preferably something free.

NWA_31

First thing is once Aeris is dead keep her that way. However don't make the same mistake about keeping sephiorth alive till the very end of the game because it doesn't make any sense to begin with as to why he is running away after every time he sees you. After Aeris's death have the group fight sephiorth to where he is dead or have the final battle between the group and sephiorth the first time you reach the crator right after Aeris death after you have made your way through the snow maze. I just think its pointless to fight Jenova 1,2,3. Also, with the final boss I would keep Rufus alive I think he is the head of Shinra corp and have him take the place of sephiorth at the crator by a using monster created by Hojo as the final boss.

Plot twist would be the meteor holds some incredible power that all of a sudden Rufus would like to acquire to gather even more power than what he currently has, don't kill Rufus off in the explosion...He would make a much better final boss than sephorith given the way the story is. Also, sephiroth should be a playable character once the game is beaten. Another thing to take note of is that in the original FF7 game there isn't another type of Red XIII that you see through out the entire game yet in the ending cinema he has his kids following him? How does that happen?

Another thing to add is that you don't follow sephiroth around at all after the first time you reach the crator. I don't think you see him again till the very end of the game so he doesn't play that big of a role at all and it just seems pointless to keep him alive just for the fact that he appears to be the main bad guy after killing Aeris. You still have to stop the meteor and it would work very well to change the plot around a little bit. Then again this all my perspective of things and I wish the game would have been more like this but I'm still happy with the story of the game as it is but this sounds better to me after playing through the whole game.

xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 xaphi1
Member since 2005 • 9530 Posts
Don't change anything about the game, except this: after beating the game, there's a New Game + where you can activate cheats like 'make Sephiroth playable', 'make Aeris playable' (but don't change anything about the story, just put those cheats in as extras).
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

odin2019

First thing is once Aeris is dead keep her that way. However don't make the same mistake about keeping sephiorth alive till the very end of the game because it doesn't make any sense to begin with as to why he is running away after every time he sees you. After Aeris's death have the group fight sephiorth to where he is dead or have the final battle between the group and sephiorth the first time you reach the crator right after Aeris death after you have made your way through the snow maze. I just think its pointless to fight Jenova 1,2,3. Also, with the final boss I would keep Rufus alive I think he is the head of Shinra corp and have him take the place of sephiorth at the crator by a using monster created by Hojo as the final boss.

Plot twist would be the meteor holds some incredible power that all of a sudden Rufus would like to acquire to gather even more power than what he currently has, don't kill Rufus off in the explosion...He would make a much better final boss than sephorith given the way the story is. Also, sephiroth should be a playable character once the game is beaten. Another thing to take note of is that in the original FF7 game there isn't another type of Red XIII that you see through out the entire game yet in the ending cinema he has his kids following him? How does that happen?

Another thing to add is that you don't follow sephiroth around at all after the first time you reach the crator. I don't think you see him again till the very end of the game so he doesn't play that big of a role at all and it just seems pointless to keep him alive just for the fact that he appears to be the main bad guy after killing Aeris. You still have to stop the meteor and it would work very well to change the plot around a little bit. Then again this all my perspective of things and I wish the game would have been more like this but I'm still happy with the story of the game as it is but this sounds better to me after playing through the whole game.

Right..

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NWA_31

No, i'm not definitely not changing the story.

I was actually talking about the gameplay, like having Sephiroth join the party or some other cool stuff. It doesn't have to fit with the story, you can have him as a bonus, just to make the game more fun.

And I'm not sure how to make a "New Game +", so if I ever add Sephiroth,he willprobably be obtainable through some sidequest.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

NeoGen85

Right..

Ok and I suppose you think the story is so perfect as it is. If its so perfect why does sephorith run away every time he sees you?

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
'Cuz a 10 hour RPG sucks
chocobosROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chocobosROX
Member since 2005 • 266 Posts
i didnt read everyone's reply, but MAKE ADVENT CHILDREN PLAYABLE AT THE END! HEHEHEHEhehe..... dunno how tho.... so nvm. lol.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#9 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I would keep everything the same. (Keep Aeris dead!). Having Sephiroth join the party would be interesting though lol

xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xaphi1

Having Sephiroth playable would be a dream come true for me. He was so cool in the flashback.

Could you show us some screens?

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NWA_31

Having Sephiroth playable would be a dream come true for me. He was so cool in the flashback.

Could you show us some screens?

xaphi1

Ok, I'll upload some pics when I finish the intro and the bombing mission. ;)

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amnesiac23
Yeah, I would love to see some screens :)
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

odin2019

Right..

Ok and I suppose you think the story is so perfect as it is. If its so perfect why does sephorith run away every time he sees you?

Sephiroth was plotting ever since he fell into the Lifestream and acquired the knowledge of the Cetra. At the sametime that knowledge was conflicted with what he believed to be true - along with his pride as being a "war hero" and undefeatable. Sephiroth love to make people suffer as well as manipulate them. The perfect example of this is when Jenova try to claim him for itself, but he overcame Jenova's will and learned how to control it instead of being a slave. Sephiroth knew of Cloud's real past and used that against him. Who's the puppet? When Aeris dies the manifestation of Sephiroth begins to tell Cloud what he really is but he never finishes; he simply drops a part of Jenova down for them to fight. After you defeat that portion of Jenova the creature finishes what Sephiroth began.."-because you are a puppet". Sephiroth and Jenova exploited the party in order to trytorecreate the world in Sephiroth's image. That's why he did not finish them off, but at the sametime it's his pride that prevented Sephiroth from succeeding. Nomura said that Cloud was never stronger then Sephiroth in theory but when he's pushed to the limit Cloud tapes into something else. From my observation with Cloud defeating Sephiroth 5 years ago in Nibelheim, in the final bout in the Crater, and even in the ruins of Midgar at the Shin-Ra headquarter - whenever something he cherishes is threatened then he is able to defeat him. Or as Rufus said in Advent Children that Sephiroth's defeat is a cycle of life(in terms of good vs evil), "so go on. Bring your Jenova's and your Sephiroths. It won't matter. We'll do as life dictates and stop you ever single time".

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

NeoGen85

Right..

Sephiroth was plotting ever since he fell into the Lifestream and acquired the knowledge of the Cetra. At the sametime that knowledge was conflicted with what he believed to be true - along with his pride as being a "war hero" and undefeatable. Sephiroth love to make people suffer as well as manipulate them. The perfect example of this is when Jenova try to claim him for itself, but he overcame Jenova's will and learned how to control it instead of being a slave. Sephiroth knew of Cloud's real past and used that against him. Who's the puppet? When Aeris dies the manifestation of Sephiroth begins to tell Cloud what he really is but he never finishes; he simply drops a part of Jenova down for them to fight. After you defeat that portion of Jenova the creature finishes what Sephiroth began.."-because you are a puppet". Sephiroth and Jenova exploited the party in order to trytorecreate the world in Sephiroth's image. That's why he did not finish them off, but at the sametime it's his pride that prevented Sephiroth from succeeding. Nomura said that Cloud was never stronger then Sephiroth in theory but when he's pushed to the limit Cloud tapes into something else. From my observation with Cloud defeating Sephiroth 5 years ago in Nibelheim, in the final bout in the Crater, and even in the ruins of Midgar at the Shin-Ra headquarter - whenever something he cherishes is threatened then he is able to defeat him. Or as Rufus said in Advent Children that Sephiroth's defeat is a cycle of life(in terms of good vs evil), "so go on. Bring your Jenova's and your Sephiroths. It won't matter. We'll do as life dictates and stop you ever single time".

I read but I just don't know. It seems a little bit too complicated for an ff story but whatever. Anyway I been doing some more thinking about this and I thought why not remake chrono trigger into 2D again. Make the exact same game but include more side quest, a new period in time, and I have always thought that once you reach the floating island in the game at 600 AD they should of included more to explore in that world. It would be cool for chrono trigger to take like 40-50 hours instead of just 20 hours.

Of course you could make the final boss have more hit points and be stronger since you can beat him at like level 50 or so.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NWA_31

How did this turn into a discussion about the storyline ? Anyway, here are some screens for you guys...It's work in progress by the way, so it's normal if something looks ugly/not right...;)

The opening...I tried to recreate everything from the original opening ^_^

Hmmm......>_>

That's all for now ;) I send you guys more screens when I finish the bombing mission. I might even send you a playable demo if you want :D

Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts

Haha very nice! I wanna play it lol, wat program you using to make it? you going to make it in flash?

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NWA_31
I use RPG Maker 2003 :D
Geitsau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 Geitsau
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts

Nobody in their right mind would want to change the storyline in FFVII... Obviously, people who would want that does not understand the story at all.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Amnesiac23
I love those screens! LOL thanks for posting those :) :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NWA_31

I love those screens! LOL thanks for posting those :) :P Amnesiac23

lol... The menu commands are just a joke, by the way :P

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Amnesiac23
lol yeah, I caught that :P funny though (use Aeris as a human shield :lol: )
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shekb

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]I love those screens! LOL thanks for posting those :) :P NWA_31

Maybe.... but I'd still like to see that in the game :o
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]I love those screens! LOL thanks for posting those :) :P Shekb

Maybe.... but I'd still like to see that in the game :o

:lol: That would be funny...

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Amnesiac23
:P :lol: that's one way to put some small changes into the game
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA_31
lol. Alright...MAYBE I'll put that in the game :P
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shekb
Like, Cloud is dreaming and we see this :o
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xaphi1
Looking pretty good. Could you send me a playable demo? :D
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NWA_31
I'm working on it ;) As soon as I finish the bombing mission, I'll make a demo for you guys.
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
hehe using rm2k3, nice. Looks pretty good so far and yeah, send over a demo soon and I'll test it out ;)
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xaphi1

I'm working on it ;) As soon as I finish the bombing mission, I'll make a demo for you guys.NWA_31

That's great!

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NWA_31

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]I'm working on it ;) As soon as I finish the bombing mission, I'll make a demo for you guys.xaphi1

That's great!

Yeah...but I really need some FF7 sound effects right now >_> You know where I can find them ?

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Amnesiac23

hmmm...try downloading them. (trust me, I've done this before...which is REALLY sad lol)

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NWA_31

hmmm...try downloading them. (trust me, I've done this before...which is REALLY sad lol)

Amnesiac23

Yeah, that would be the only way. Do you remember where you found them ?

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Amnesiac23
oh holy crap. It's been so long...I'll try and find the site again for ya :) No garentees though.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NWA_31
OK thanks, I really need it ;)
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xaphi1

Are you talking about the soundtrack or about actual sound effects?

JimmeyBurrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JimmeyBurrows
Member since 2006 • 3671 Posts

lol, groovy idea, the screenshot looked quite funny, and I think you should definately keep those battle commands, hehe... but yeah, have you thought about maybe having flashbacks into clouds past (I know there were some, but I mean go into more depth like Crisis Core style, lol) and thats where you could put sephiroth in as a playable character...

as for the remake though, have you gotten permission from Square Enix saying that you can steal their ideas, because if you havn't then they can sue you... nice idea though, if ya want some 3d cinimatics for this game I can use 3ds Max, if you can put the viedeos togather...

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NWA_31

Are you talking about the soundtrack or about actual sound effects?

xaphi1

Yeah, the sound effects. I already have the soundtrack.

lol, groovy idea, the screenshot looked quite funny, and I think you should definately keep those battle commands, hehe... but yeah, have you thought about maybe having flashbacks into clouds past (I know there were some, but I mean go into more depth like Crisis Core style, lol) and thats where you could put sephiroth in as a playable character...

as for the remake though, have you gotten permission from Square Enix saying that you can steal their ideas, because if you havn't then they can sue you... nice idea though, if ya want some 3d cinimatics for this game I can use 3ds Max, if you can put the viedeos togather...

JimmeyBurrows

Yeah, I thought about that, it's a great idea I think ;) I'll think about it. As for the permission, I didn't ask S-E...yet :P I'll do itanother day... >_> And I dont know how make a 3D video, so im not sure. I could just use the original FFVII videos, though.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Amnesiac23
I can't find that site for the love of god :( I'm sorry
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shekb
Well then, you can always emulate them with a mic and your mouth :o
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Amnesiac23
lol yeah, that would be more fun to do anyway right :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NWA_31

:lol: That would be hilarious...

But i'll try to extract them from my FFVII disc first...

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shekb
Good idea..... even though I like mine aswell :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NWA_31
That would be cool for a parody, but I'm trying to make a serious game :P
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shekb
I understand what you mean ;)

Are you able to take the sound effects directly from the CD ?
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
those screens are awesome
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xaphi1
Watch out for Square. They're definitely going to prohibit this. Maybe you should keep this quiet.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NWA_31

^

Yeah...but I'll send a mail to see if they allow me or not...

@Shekb: I found them, but they are .dat files, im not sure how to convert into sound files :?

@Jumbo:thx:P

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shekb
I gues google could help you
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Amnesiac23
I don't think Square Enix will be mad. Your not selling the game are you?