waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#251 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

Actually, I have no plans to come even close to that goal next year. I have a feeling that 2010 is shaping up to be the year of the epic RPGs for me. I'm going to play Fallout 3 for real, try to get through Oblivion again so I can do the Shivering Isles stuff, and plan on getting Dragon Age: Origins and Demon's Souls. I think I'll be lucky to take out five games next year.jollyroger78

HA!

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#252 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons for SNES

While I have played the game stupid for years, I had never finished it with Ernst (The Dutch guy) and actually beat it the way you are suppose to by exploring the world and earning money by selling you maps, WAY more pirates it seems which is trickyespecially as i opted for smaller faster ships so i required less crew and less supplies to map the world.

It was very satisfying. 

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#253 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

finished t6 scenario campaign and modern warfare 2 sp.

tekken 6 was a grind. its not that good, but at least it was short. i like how they try to streamline the story a bit so we don't need to really have to try to piece it together, but that mode wasn't the the way they should....its a fighting game, not a brawler.....other than that, the game is deep when it actually comes to fighting. 

modern warfare 2 was an awesome sp. wished it was longer. ending wasn't as epic as i thought it would be....

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
Beat the new COD on normal thurs night, I really liked it.
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#255 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Finished Ghostbusters a few days back, just a great game, and finished Modern Warfare 2 on veteran not that challenging compared to WaW.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Been awhile since I updated.  I beat some stuff:

LocoRoco (Oct 25)
God of War II (Oct 30)
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (Nov 1)
Ratchet: Deadlocked (Nov 5)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (Nov 10)

Although I had already beaten it, on both Normal and Hard, I also 100% Completed Batman: Arkham Asylum.  Got my Platinum on Oct 26.  Woohoo!

venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts
Finished Grandia III (PS2). Twas different to play a Grandia game that actually offered a challenge (Xtreme excluded)
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#258 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

Finished Grandia III (PS2). Twas different to play a Grandia game that actually offered a challenge (Xtreme excluded)venus577

After beating 2 on the Dreamcast and acquiring 1 for the PS1 (which I've yet to start), I'd really like to add the rest of the series to my collection. *Grats* on your victory and the challenge you describe makes me want to acquire and play it even more!

venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 venus577

The running joke about Grandia difficulty is almost exclusively related to the original Grandia. I had started a battle on disc 1, then left the room to change my laundry from the washer to the dryer. I had a wireless controller and continued pressing x the entire time. I returned to my room to find I had won a perfect victory!

Grandia III's difficulty comes in that you need to stay on top of a battle, using effective attacks & canceling regularly. If you do so, the game is rather easy. Otherwise, a random battle can result in a game over due to enemies pummeling you with repeated strong attacks.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 mijahi

The running joke about Grandia difficulty is almost exclusively related to the original Grandia. I had started a battle on disc 1, then left the room to change my laundry from the washer to the dryer. I had a wireless controller and continued pressing x the entire time. I returned to my room to find I had won a perfect victory!

venus577

lol, I've not heard this running joke yet about Grandia's difficulty...but winning a battle while changing your laundry sounds like quite the accomplishment!! :P

I'm playing FFVI right now...Grandia 1 is next in line for my PS.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#261 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Finished Banjo-Kazooie yesterday at just under 7 hours, I was hoping to go through it all not to die. I managed to survive up untill "Sarcastic Shock" Rusty Bucket Bay, no it wasn't in that blasted moving cyclinder room, it was the blades at the back at the ship, that wasn't even moving! Epic phail on my account :P.

But no all 100% even the Stop and Swap :D

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 duncanr2n
Assassin's Creed II - loved it
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 waflerevolution
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - anti-reg - loved it but won't play it again due to it lacking the load previous game stats feature that's been in all the games since Xmen Legends
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

Assassin's Creed II - loved itduncanr2n

Me too! I beat the game last night. Now I just have like 5 achievements to wrap it up. Great game!

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#265 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]Assassin's Creed II - loved itsomeNONSENSE

Me too! I beat the game last night. Now I just have like 5 achievements to wrap it up. Great game!

Me three...got my 1000/1000. The ending was...shall we say...interesting.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins. It took about 35 hours for the game to grow on me until I'd say that I like it (I'm patient). Anyway, it's pretty good and I'll revisit it later for some alternate origin stories. Assassin's Creed II is next on the docket and it's excellent if anyone is still on the fence.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 waflerevolution
I can't wait till that game get's cheap enough for me to purchace it.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Hizang

Dragon Age: Origins. It took about 35 hours for the game to grow on me until I'd say that I like it (I'm patient). Anyway, it's pretty good and I'll revisit it later for some alternate origin stories. Assassin's Creed II is next on the docket and it's excellent if anyone is still on the fence.gmsnpr

I was gonna get Assassains Creed 2, but I decided on going for the BETTER game (Uncharted 2: Among Theives)

Yes better!

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 duncanr2n

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Dragon Age: Origins. It took about 35 hours for the game to grow on me until I'd say that I like it (I'm patient). Anyway, it's pretty good and I'll revisit it later for some alternate origin stories. Assassin's Creed II is next on the docket and it's excellent if anyone is still on the fence.Hizang

I was gonna get Assassains Creed 2, but I decided on going for the BETTER game (Uncharted 2: Among Theives)

Yes better!

Having played both, I can honestly say that while Uncharted is a fantastic game, were I only able to own one or othe other, I would pick Assassin's Creed II.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Hizang
My Debate Sense is Tingaling!
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 someNONSENSE
[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]Assassin's Creed II - loved itjollyroger78

Me three...got my 1000/1000. The ending was...shall we say...interesting.

Got my 1000/1000 also. AC2 was much better than the original.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
Beat all three of the Raiden games in Raiden Fighters Aces, now gonna keep playing to mine those achievements. Also, I am about half way through Brave Fencer, I like it a lot so far.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 someNONSENSE

Just beat Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time on the PS3. There are only a couple of trophies left outside of two more hard playthroughs for the platinum that I won't bother with. The game was challenging on normal mode, and I am not a glutton for punishment, which happens to be the name of one of the remaining gold trophies you can get for replaying the game on harder difficulty.

This was the first Ratchet & Clank game that I have completed and it was great fun. :)

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 mijahi

Just finished beating Beyond Good & Evil on the GameCube. 'Twas a very enjoyable game! And I collected every Orb and mdisk except for the ones got by using the online code...which doesn't seem to work anymore :(.

Excepting for the fun and easy gameplay, very good voice acting, and touching story...I think the most memorable thing I will take away from this game is the music. I found the soundtrack to be quite good! It always seemed fresh, bold and set the mood of the scene. 

Overall, I would rate this game pretty high and recommend it to anyone looking for a good action/adventure romp!

venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 venus577
Finished Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (PS2) on Normal. Still found it difficult. Don't know if that makes me a wus but I had fun.
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 mijahi

Don't know if that makes me a wus but I had fun.venus577

:P  I'm pretty sure having fun is all that matters around here. Congrats!

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 duncanr2n

I've not updated this thread for a bit so here's what I've finished over the Christmas holiday:

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles on the DS. Decent little Prince of Persia-esqe (the original) clone. Nothing great, but if you like Assassin's Creed and are keen on getting as much story as possible then could give this a go.

Call of Duty: World at War on the 360. This would have been way better if the music wasn't so lame. Probably due to all the earlier WWII games coupled with Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers, but the soundtrack to a WWII game should NOT have heavy guitar distortion. It just doesn't feel right. That kept pulling me out of the game. Other than that it was good and the Pacific sections were a nice change of pace from majority of WWII games set in Europe or Africa.

Advance Wars on the GBA. Great little turn-based strategy game. I actually started this way back in 2008 but got sidetracked. Finally got around to finishing it last month.

Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80's. Ah, 80s tunes are fun. Too bad there's so many covers.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Hizang
Reccently finished Proffessor Layton Pandora's Box for the DS. It was a fantastic game and I really loved the addition of more cutscenes, better intergrated puzzles (Not just random) and a better music score. Great game reccoemend
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 cosmostein77

Completed the 1st Lufia game for SNES, and that game with the death knell for the launch day SNES that I had as my primary play console,

Lufia is one of those RPG's that I must have started a dozen times, and never seemed to finish. It wasn't too bad although I found that once you secured Aguro as a playable character and had the cash to equip him, the game really became a lot easier and leveling up becomes a snap.

I also flanked it with the Original Breath of Fire. 

And let me say this, how in the world did kids beat these games before the internet and walkthroughs? 

Without giving too much away, when you have to hunt to get all the parts for the potion to awaken character x i think I may have talked to everyone in the game, and no where did I find a reference to the single square that Mogu needs to dig in order to find the root of whatever. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 waflerevolution
the internet has been around as long as games... game help such as walkthroughs even existed all the way back in 1995... I believe Gamefaqs started then... and gamespot in 1997... and I remember other sites in the mid 90's that did as well.
jeremycunnings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 jeremycunnings
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts
I just beat Army of Two: The 40th Day.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 duncanr2n

Beat PixelJunk Monsters on Hard-core and got all the Trophies.  Now I can download the Encore expansion.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#283 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
Quake 4 on PC. I miss the days when a good PC shooter would take 15 hours or more; I blasted through this in under ten.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 gmsnpr
Forgot to mention I finished Darksiders more than a week ago. I also "beat" Return to Ostagar Saturday.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 cosmostein77

Mass Effect 2.

One of the better gaming experiences of my life. 

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 duncanr2n

Quake 4 on PC. I miss the days when a good PC shooter would take 15 hours or more; I blasted through this in under ten.totalgridlock

I really liked Quake 4, didn't get a lot of good press.

Anyway, I finished Halo 3: ODST and Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition.  ODST was a nice change of pace for the franchise and the Anniversary Edition of FF was my favorite so far.  If it had included the Hard mode from Origins it would be perfect.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 totalgridlock

Mass Effect 2.

One of the better gaming experiences of my life. 

cosmostein77

Ditto.  Finished it last night.  A ruddy good effort and one of the best games of recent years.  I don't think it's quite as good overall as the first ME, while there are definite improvements in some areas (combat especially) there were a few let-downs too (planet scanning, no MAKO, short/uninvolved sidequests).  I also felt the pacing was a bit off... it seemed like 90% of the game was the prologue.  I spent so many hours building my team and then bam!  Endgame.  I didn't feel like I went on the same sort of journey as with the first game.  Not that it really detracts much from the game or story, it's still great and gives you that 'wow' feeling, but I would have liked a longer main plot.

I did have a bit of a huff over the romance options too.  Call me sad for caring about a bunch of pixels, but when you are presented with a bunch of characters as interesting as those in Mass Effect it's no crime to want to get to know them... better.  In the end I didn't bother with the men.  The blokes on offer for a femShep are pretty crap: Jacob (dull in a Carth way), Thane (creepy in a fishy way), Garrus (spiky in a painful way).  Compare that to the ladies that a male Shep can get friendly with: Miranda (hot in a hawt way), Tali (hot in a mysterious way), Jack (hot in a crazy way).  In the end I did the only sensible thing - chatted up Yeoman Chambers and promptly Captain Kirked her. Unfortunately, the game does not consider bonking your secretary a serious romantic entanglement and declined to reward me with the Paramour achievement :(

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 waflerevolution
lol I love you cass.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]Quake 4 on PC. I miss the days when a good PC shooter would take 15 hours or more; I blasted through this in under ten.duncanr2n

I really liked Quake 4, didn't get a lot of good press.

Anyway, I finished Halo 3: ODST and Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition.  ODST was a nice change of pace for the franchise and the Anniversary Edition of FF was my favorite so far.  If it had included the Hard mode from Origins it would be perfect.

Q4 was pretty good all things considered. though I have no motivation to ever play it again... it's only real flaw - the reason it recieved little press... was "it's not Halo"

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#290 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

I think this is a good place to ask if there is a way to track games that you have 'finished'. If this isn't an option on Gamespot I would be pretty amazed. It would be great to see what games the membership of ccu have completed. Just a thought.

*Last game finished was: 1) Fellowship of the ring (xbox)  

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 waflerevolution
mostly we use backloggery for that type of thing...
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 gmsnpr

I finished Mass Effect 2 this morning.  I'd imported my Paragon-leaning Soldier from the first game and decided not to break character.  I did every side mission and piece of DLC released to date prior to the endgame, so there's not a lot to go back for on this character, but I did have some casualties in the final push, which I will rectify.  I'll probably replay as a female vanguard. Total playtime was ~56 hours and I earned 800 achievement points.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 totalgridlock

I finished Mass Effect 2 this morning.  I'd imported my Paragon-leaning Soldier from the first game and decided not to break character.  I did every side mission and piece of DLC released to date prior to the endgame, so there's not a lot to go back for on this character, but I did have some casualties in the final push, which I will rectify.  I'll probably replay as a female vanguard. Total playtime was ~56 hours and I earned 800 achievement points.

gmsnpr

I've heard a lot of people having trouble keeping their whole crew alive at the end.  All mine survived, but I don't remember doing anything special to ensure it... all my crew were loyal and I bought the ship upgrades, but there's got to be more to it than that.

Other than loyalty and upgrades, is there anything else that can cause people to die?  I'd like to see my whole team bite it on my next playthrough.  I'm a masochist...

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 waflerevolution
lol
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Hizang
I just finished Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time on the hard setting getting me the Q Force Champion trophy :)
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 duncanr2n

I think this is a good place to ask if there is a way to track games that you have 'finished'. If this isn't an option on Gamespot I would be pretty amazed. It would be great to see what games the membership of ccu have completed. Just a thought.

TwarBlackshire

Click the link in my sig to see how I track it.  Backloggery is nice as it lets you differentiate between games you beat (finish the core story), games you complete (collected everything, played on the hardest difficulty, etc.) and games you mastered (like a 4WM run on FF1 or a speed run or something).

Anyway, I beat Kingdom Hearts last night.  I didn't like the game at first, it felt pretty directionless.  But after a while I got into it a bit more.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

totalgridlock

I've heard a lot of people having trouble keeping their whole crew alive at the end.  All mine survived, but I don't remember doing anything special to ensure it... all my crew were loyal and I bought the ship upgrades, but there's got to be more to it than that.

Other than loyalty and upgrades, is there anything else that can cause people to die?  I'd like to see my whole team bite it on my next playthrough.  I'm a masochist...

I had a fully loyal crew and fully upgraded ship.  You have to select the correct people for the various tasks at the end. I apparently didn't.  I've got a save just prior to the selection point, which I'll go back to at some point.  No other enhancements of death chance come to mind. 
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 mijahi
[QUOTE="TwarBlackshire"]

duncanr2n

Click the link in my sig to see how I track it.  Backloggery is nice as it lets you differentiate between games you beat (finish the core story), games you complete (collected everything, played on the hardest difficulty, etc.) and games you mastered (like a 4WM run on FF1 or a speed run or something).

Anyway, I beat Kingdom Hearts last night.  I didn't like the game at first, it felt pretty directionless.  But after a while I got into it a bit more.

I've had trouble staying into KH as well, resulting in me not even coming close to beating it...congrats on sticking through it! 

And yes, The Backloggery is definitely the way to go.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 totalgridlock

Polished off two in the last couple of days.

Firstly, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway on PC.  By far the best in the series, I like the way they added some variety to the missions at last with some indoor and solo fighting.  The story is more in your face this time, which I'm not too sure about since it's hardly literature... but at least they tried.  I hope they make another BIA soon.

Secondly, I went back and finished House of the Dead Overkill on Wii.  I haven't been playing my Wii much lately and when I have I have mainly been playing Resident Evil, but I decided that HOTD deserved some attention since I just picked up HOTD 2 & 3.  It's so damn cheesy but a big part of me loves it to bits.  Anyway, I've now finished the story on normal and director's cut mode, so until my brother comes to visit and we can have some two player zombie shooting action, that's it for Overkill.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

assasins creed 2- first game finished this year (thank you mw2). i must say this was an awesome game. gameplay was fun and a lot more varied. story still is weird, but i'm digging the whole thing (should be offended being catholic, but i'm not). can't wait for assasins creed 3.

anyone play the psp game? if anyone did, how is it?