Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

There are no tags, valid or otherwise. 

I've "finished" Fallout 3 again, this time the Mothership Zeta DLC.  I also maxed out my character's level.  After 210 hours in and around the Capitol Wasteland, I've had my fill for awhile, especially since a glitch ate my Jingwei's Shocksword.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
[QUOTE="aspro73"]

[QUOTE="jollyroger78"]Earthbound (SNES) becomes my 17th finished game of 2009.jollyroger78

How long did it take? I'm almost finished with LCS and need a change of pace. 

Twenty hours, give or take?  I'm having a tough time remembering the amount of time it took.  Nowhere near as long as a GTA title would take though.

I got my retro gaming TV back from the shop today, so I think I'll start Earthbound or Snatcher. Time to redeem some of my good collection karma. 

venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne in story mode. I finished the original shortly after it came out, but the expansion has taken me much longer for some reason. Ended with a nice bang, just like the original did.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#154 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Final Fantasy NES

Fighter - Thief - Red Mage - Black Mage combo. 

Its a little change from the norm for me, as normally I would opt for the Fighter - Black Belt - White Mage - Black Mage route. I gotta say that its a pricey route to take when you need to get three silver swords for the Fighter, Thief, and Red Mage. 

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#156 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts

Castlevania (NES). 21/24 for the year.

I haven't felt that degree of satisfaction after beating a game in a long time.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#157 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

jollyroger78

Curses!  That one has eluded me, but will not forever!

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 gmsnpr
Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.Republican11
Did you beat it on Insane with a person controlling Dom, or with AI Dom? Beating it on Insane with AI Dom was kind of tough.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#159 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts
[QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

CodingGenius

If I can do it, anybody can.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#160 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

[QUOTE="Republican11"]Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.gmsnpr
Did you beat it on Insane with a person controlling Dom, or with AI Dom? Beating it on Insane with AI Dom was kind of tough.

by "kind of" I assume you mean "extremely"

[QUOTE="CodingGenius"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

jollyroger78

I've never been able to... though I did beat CII: SQ after my 100th attemt at C1

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Republican11

[QUOTE="Republican11"]Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.gmsnpr

I played with a friend, but to be honest, I would have been better off with an AI Dom.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#162 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
[QUOTE="jollyroger78"][QUOTE="CodingGenius"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

waflerevolution

I've never been able to... though I did beat CII: SQ after my 100th attemt at C1

I've never been able to polish off the first Castlevania either. It's just the silly kind of hard... although, this is coming from someone who never really saw the big deal with Battletoads but cannot finish SMB3... so you're better off just ignoring me :P

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"][QUOTE="CodingGenius"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

totalgridlock

I've never been able to polish off the first Castlevania either. It's just the silly kind of hard... although, this is coming from someone who never really saw the big deal with Battletoads but cannot finish SMB3... so you're better off just ignoring me :P

I can't get past that spining tower part in the last level of BT... SMB3 I can beat without using warp zones in one sitting... or I can beat it begining to end in less then 30 min on a "speed run" :-p

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Republican11
I just beat Shadow Complex, great game.
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Finished Batman Arkham Asylum which is a brilliant game, and the new DLC for Star Wars: The Forced Unleashed, which is not so good.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#167 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
I also finished Batman: AA's story on the 360. I've started the Challenge Modes, which are actually pretty fun.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cosmostein77

You guys are done AA already?

Wow. I think playing on both the PS3 and 360 is slowing me down a touch...

As for recently finished, as I continue my path down memory lane of old RPG's of little note:

Beyond the Beyond for PS1, Solid Story. 

However, why is it that after you lift the curse on Samson...he still sucks? 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 waflerevolution

You guys are done AA already?

Wow. I think playing on both the PS3 and 360 is slowing me down a touch...

As for recently finished, as I continue my path down memory lane of old RPG's of little note:

Beyond the Beyond for PS1, Solid Story. 

However, why is it that after you lift the curse on Samson...he still sucks? 

cosmostein77

BtB got on my nerves... .the CONSTANT random encounters... were just too much for me to take... and I agree.... that curse lift did nothing lol

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I finished inFamous on Hard and Evil, so couple that with my previous Good run, I've Platinumed that game.

I also just finished Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth with the A ending.  

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.Republican11

Wow, that must have been difficult. I have problems with this game on the easiest setting.

Last night I beat Shadow Complex for 150/200 achievement points. Took me 13.5 hours. Very fun game.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 someNONSENSE

I finished inFamous on Hard and Evil, so couple that with my previous Good run, I've Platinumed that game.

duncanr2n

I'm going to continue my second play through as well. The thing that is giving me the most trouble is doing all the stunts... Worrying about being able to complete the stunts is taking the fun out of it for me...

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Republican11

[QUOTE="Republican11"]Just beat Gears of War on insane and found all the cog tags.someNONSENSE

Wow, that must have been difficult. I have problems with this game on the easiest setting.

Last night I beat Shadow Complex for 150/200 achievement points. Took me 13.5 hours. Very fun game.

It's easier in co-op. I also just finished getting all 200 achievement points in Shadow Complex

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

someNONSENSE

I'm going to continue my second play through as well. The thing that is giving me the most trouble is doing all the stunts... Worrying about being able to complete the stunts is taking the fun out of it for me...

The stunts can be a big pain.  The one I had the most trouble with tho was the shockwaving 3 people off a roof.  I ended up getting it during the prison breakout mission.  After the first assault the you have to climb up on the roof and there's three guys waiting for you up there.  You have to kind of herd them into a corner and then shockwave them.  And they have to die!   I successfully shockwaved them a couple of times but rather than getting a High Fall kill, they'd land on another section of roof, so no stunt.  The other spot that is good is when you are having to destroy the black tar contraptions on the water towers.  Lots of guys bunched together on roofs then.  Almost every other stunt I got without too much effort.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 gmsnpr

Finished Blue Dragon last night, at least a first run-through. It was fun, and I put ~82 hours in all told. It's not a game for achievement whores. 82 hours and reasonable RPG/gaming skills netted me 175 points.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 duncanr2n

Finished Blue Dragon last night, at least a first run-through. It was fun, and I put ~82 hours in all told. It's not a game for achievement whores. 82 hours and reasonable RPG/gaming skills netted me 175 points.

gmsnpr

You really have to try to get the achievements on that one. I ended up getting all 1000, but it was a very planned process from the beginning. And I think I was sitting at 100-110 hours at the end. Most of that extra was the level grinding.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 waflerevolution
sounds lovely... I always saw that game as Dragon Quest meets Okage Shadow King (AKA Beelzebub and I)
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 gmsnpr
sounds lovely... I always saw that game as Dragon Quest meets Okage Shadow King (AKA Beelzebub and I)waflerevolution
It definitely has the grind of a Dragon Quest with a little Grandia and FF Tactics stirred in for the battle system and job system. I should have said more positive things about the game--I really do like it. It just doesn't dish out points. I thought I'd warn people in case someone were looking for a quick 1000-pointer. This isn't it.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]sounds lovely... I always saw that game as Dragon Quest meets Okage Shadow King (AKA Beelzebub and I)gmsnpr
It definitely has the grind of a Dragon Quest with a little Grandia and FF Tactics stirred in for the battle system and job system. I should have said more positive things about the game--I really do like it. It just doesn't dish out points. I thought I'd warn people in case someone were looking for a quick 1000-pointer. This isn't it.

nope, people bash it more for the anime spin-off than anything... it really is a solid RPG... damn noob-gamers that hate everythng without reason :(

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 duncanr2n

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]sounds lovely... I always saw that game as Dragon Quest meets Okage Shadow King (AKA Beelzebub and I)waflerevolution

nope, people bash it more for the anime spin-off than anything... it really is a solid RPG... damn noob-gamers that hate everythng without reason :(

I quite like the game as well.  It reminded me alot of FF 5 with the job system.  Only drawback to the whole battle/customization system was that in endgame, if you were really maxing out your characters, they all became kinda homogeneous, making the battles a bit boring as everyone could do everything, as opposed to other RPGs where each member of you party has a very defined role.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 waflerevolution
that was probably more to make it less difficult...
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 cosmostein77

they all became kinda homogeneous, making the battles a bit boring as everyone could do everything, as opposed to other RPGs where each member of you party has a very defined role.

duncanr2n

While this may be a little off topic, the comment made me want to pull out my soap box. 

That is what just pisses me off about RPG's today, far to often now you are allowed to customize your characters, or pick who you want in your party for certain situations and to me, that taints the genre. 

Final Fantasy IV for example was challenging because I had to fight bosses with Tellah and a very weak Rydia, or having to trek to find the Sand Ruby with Edward and Rydia...these are aspects that made the game more of a challenge. 

I dont want my whole party to be able to cast ultima, or deal 4000+ damage with their weapons, i want to be forced to deal with weaker party members who have strengths that I would generally not use unless I was forced. 

/rant

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 waflerevolution
*agrees*
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#184 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I've had Blue Dragon sitting on my shelf for quite a while now.  I miss the days when I could blast through an 80 hour RPG without blinking.  I shall have to make time at some point!

Oh, and totally agree with cosmo. Well, 99% agree.  Sometimes it's still fun to have your whole party cast Ultima and deal 4000+ damage a pop :D

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 waflerevolution
it is a rather good giggle to kill a 6hp encounter with a 4000 point hit ^_^
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 duncanr2n

I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum Friday.  Loved it.  Going to play it again on Hard.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 cosmostein77

I've had Blue Dragon sitting on my shelf for quite a while now.  I miss the days when I could blast through an 80 hour RPG without blinking.  I shall have to make time at some point!

Oh, and totally agree with cosmo. Well, 99% agree.  Sometimes it's still fun to have your whole party cast Ultima and deal 4000+ damage a pop :D

totalgridlock

Don't get me wrong, 

When I was casting Ultima twice a turn with some character thanks to the Economizer + Gem Box combo with Gogo using Mimic like it was going out of style I had a hoot. 

However, as I finally played through Lost Odyssey this weekend (360 RRODed June of last year and I never came back to it) I realized as I started leveling up "B Characters" like Jansen and Cooke they upper level abilities were amazing (IE Jansen's Double Cast) and I never would have realized that had I simply stuck to my Kaim, Seth, Sed, Sarah, Ming rotation as I easily could have.

Even Mack's 3 Combo was pretty sweet.

I guess I am an RPG Dinosaur, looking back at the "good ol' days" especially after recently finishing games like Lufia which stiffed you with having to get the "best" out of Jerin, or in Beyond the Beyond where you are suffering through trying to make Domino somewhat servicable which in an odd way brought me pleasure when I was able to find or buy a weapon or ability for them that made them suck less then normal.  

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

cosmostein77

Don't get me wrong, 

When I was casting Ultima twice a turn with some character thanks to the Economizer + Gem Box combo with Gogo using Mimic like it was going out of style I had a hoot. 

However, as I finally played through Lost Odyssey this weekend (360 RRODed June of last year and I never came back to it) I realized as I started leveling up "B Characters" like Jansen and Cooke they upper level abilities were amazing (IE Jansen's Double Cast) and I never would have realized that had I simply stuck to my Kaim, Seth, Sed, Sarah, Ming rotation as I easily could have.

Even Mack's 3 Combo was pretty sweet.

I guess I am an RPG Dinosaur, looking back at the "good ol' days" especially after recently finishing games like Lufia which stiffed you with having to get the "best" out of Jerin, or in Beyond the Beyond where you are suffering through trying to make Domino somewhat servicable which in an odd way brought me pleasure when I was able to find or buy a weapon or ability for them that made them suck less then normal.  

But see, the whole Gogo mimic thing is okay in my book, because you still have to set it all up that way and the other characters are still doing their thing.  It's not like you have 4 characters with the exact same skill set, using the same class, casting the same magic every turn.

I thought FFX handled it nicely.  You could, if you really wanted to, run Yuna all over the sphere grid and give her black magic and fighting skills.  But, even it if you did, the way her character stats were built, she would pale in comparison to Auron or Tidus from a fighting standpoint and same with Lulu from a Black Magic standpoint.  On the flip side, no one could touch her from a White Magic standpoint.  So, you get the flexibility of customizing your characters as you want, but they still stay somewhat in their original roles, with perhaps some enhancements to their core abilities.  There was some of this in Blue Dragon, but at the higher levels, the differences were negligible.

Even so, I don't have a problem with RPGs that are very cut and dry with the classes.  Vivi was a Black Mage, and that's all he ever was, and he rocked.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#189 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Last week I got the final achievement in Mayhem Intergalactic (obscure indie strategy game). Titled "Maestro of Multiplayer Mayhem", it required 100 multiplayer wins. But it's not popular enough to actually have any players online at any given time. So aside from the one time that I found another player, I was forced to play against AI.

It's a decent enough game, but playing 100 multiplayer games when there are so few people that actually play? The game just shouldn't have achievements like that. But at least it doesn't have anything like NBA Live 07's ridiculous "Online with 1,000 People" achievement.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 duncanr2n

Last week I got the final achievement in Mayhem Intergalactic (obscure indie strategy game). Titled "Maestro of Multiplayer Mayhem", it required 100 multiplayer wins. But it's not popular enough to actually have any players online at any given time. So aside from the one time that I found another player, I was forced to play against AI.

It's a decent enough game, but playing 100 multiplayer games when there are so few people that actually play? The game just shouldn't have achievements like that. But at least it doesn't have anything like NBA Live 07's ridiculous "Online with 1,000 People" achievement.

LordAndrew

Online achievements should be outlawed.  They are too depend on factors that aren't necessarily under the players control.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Republican11
[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]

duncanr2n

Online achievements should be outlawed.  They are too depend on factors that aren't necessarily under the players control.

I agree with that, the only games I really play online are Gears and Call of Duty 4. CoD4 didn't have online achievements thought.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 waflerevolution
SOME online ones are nice... but over the top ones are not... same can be said for some of the offline ones...
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts

Vivi was a Black Mage, and that's all he ever was, and he rocked. duncanr2n

Yes, yes he did.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 someNONSENSE
Just beat Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the 360 for 850 achievement points. I originally intended to 1000/1000 this game, but unfortunately, two of the three small achievements I have left can't be unlocked after the story has been completed, and I can't be bothered to play through the entire story again on hard just for the remaining 100 achievement points. Oh well, it was a fun, relaxing game.
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Completed Arkham Asylum on hard, it's still fun to play on the second walkthrough.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 someNONSENSE
Beat Disney's Bolt for 1000/1000 acheivement points. :)
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 duncanr2n

Beat Disney's Bolt for 1000/1000 acheivement points. :)someNONSENSE

How was that?  Don't you actually play with the Bolt TV show rather than follow the movie plotline? Kinda like if Bolt were a real TV show and they made a game based on it?

Oh and I beat Batman on Hard the other day.  Great game.

dzms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#198 dzms
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
I beat Resident Evil 5 (PC) last night, great ending, I would be playing more but for some reason New Game+ keeps crashing on me, hoping a patch is released to resolve that.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 someNONSENSE

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]Beat Disney's Bolt for 1000/1000 acheivement points. :)duncanr2n

How was that?  Don't you actually play with the Bolt TV show rather than follow the movie plotline? Kinda like if Bolt were a real TV show and they made a game based on it?

Oh and I beat Batman on Hard the other day.  Great game.

I don't know what story line it followed because I have never seen the movie or watched the TV show.  Bolt was an easy game to get 1000 points though. Only one of the achievements was frustrating because of a glitch.. 

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Republican11
Just finished getting all 200 points out of TMNT reshelled.