Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#301 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"][QUOTE="TwarBlackshire"]

I think this is a good place to ask if there is a way to track games that you have 'finished'. If this isn't an option on Gamespot I would be pretty amazed. It would be great to see what games the membership of ccu have completed. Just a thought.

*Last game finished was: 1) Fellowship of the ring (xbox)

mijahi

Click the link in my sig to see how I track it. Backloggery is nice as it lets you differentiate between games you beat (finish the core story), games you complete (collected everything, played on the hardest difficulty, etc.) and games you mastered (like a 4WM run on FF1 or a speed run or something).

Anyway, I beat Kingdom Hearts last night. I didn't like the game at first, it felt pretty directionless. But after a while I got into it a bit more.

I've had trouble staying into KH as well, resulting in me not even coming close to beating it...congrats on sticking through it!

And yes, The Backloggery is definitely the way to go.

yea kh took awhile for me 2. i was complainin to my sister about how boring it was..after my 2nd time with the game, i got so into it. maybe because i went to disneyland after 10 years....but i got into it after that

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I started Bloodlines but have yet to finish it.  So far, I liked it.  It's not nearly the same depth as the console counterparts but its waaay better than the DS game (tho to be fair I've not played Discovery, only Altair's Chronicles).

But have finished:

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - Fantastic game, it can be tough, but it's quite fun.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - It was bound to happen.  The game has gone from plausible to absolutely outrageous and completely unbelievable plotline.   Act I was solid, Act II began to turn in to a Michael Bay flick, Act III introduced Uwe Boll levels of storytelling.

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

[QUOTE="TwarBlackshire"]

I think this is a good place to ask if there is a way to track games that you have 'finished'. If this isn't an option on Gamespot I would be pretty amazed. It would be great to see what games the membership of ccu have completed. Just a thought.

*Last game finished was: 1) Fellowship of the ring (xbox)  

duncanr2n

Click the link in my sig to see how I track it.  Backloggery is nice as it lets you differentiate between games you beat (finish the core story), games you complete (collected everything, played on the hardest difficulty, etc.) and games you mastered (like a 4WM run on FF1 or a speed run or something).

Anyway, I beat Kingdom Hearts last night.  I didn't like the game at first, it felt pretty directionless.  But after a while I got into it a bit more.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be checking out the site and hope to get hooked up with Backloggery. :) 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#304 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts
Just finished Resident Evil 5 on Normal, loved it and its really underappeciated by most people. I also completed Lost in Nightmares to, that was cool :)
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#305 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Hmm, seems like I haven't updated in this thread since I completed Ghostbusters so here goes:
NHL 2K6
1 vs 100
CSI-Hard Evidence
Castle Crashers
SpongeBob: Truth or Square
Big Game Hunter
Surf's Up
LEGO Star Wars: TCS
Assassin's Creed ll
Splosion Man
Sherlock Holmes
UP
The Godfather ll
Crash Mind Over Mutant
New Super Mario Brothers
Zack and Wiki

Out of this list I really enjoyed Zack and Wiki, Super Mario Bros, Sherlock Holmes and Assassins Creed ll

I don't think Sherlock Holmes is out in America yet, but if you like point and click games it's worth having a look.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 duncanr2n

God of War: Chains of Olympus

If you have a PSP and you are a fan of the God of War series, you should play this game.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#307 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I just finished Medal of Honor: Airborne.  I've had it for a while and decided I'd better play it before the reboot comes out (which looks pretty neat, by the way).

Thoughts? Oh, if ever a game was too short, it was this one.  Seriously: less than five hours from start to finish on normal?  There was so much potential there and the missions we do have are great fun, why couldn't they have made a couple more?  It doesn't help that there is zero connection between the missions, instead we get a handful of random battles: one from Italy, one from Normandy, Market Garden, some random factory, some random tower.  Never does it really feel like you are playing a real ongoing part in WWII, not like the old MoH games or Brothers in Arms.  Can't deny the action is fun and frantic, though, which I guess is the whole point. In fact it's probably the most fun I've had in a shooter for a while.  *sigh* Story nearly always plays second fiddle in these things, why should I expect anything different here?

I like the open-plan approach to the missions too; yes, the parachuting is a total gimmick, but it does open up the map a lot more and lets you complete your objectives in pretty much whatever order you choose.  Unlike BIA Hell's Highway (which I also recently finished), the levels do not have a sense of forced linearity (i.e. invisible wall syndrome) and the whole thing feels a lot freer.

Overall I reckon it's the best MoH since Allied Assault but still a big disappointment, especially since I never liked Pacific that much and thought this would be tons better. Airborne had the chance of being really great but the makers ballsed it up by only giving us half a game...

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#308 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
still longer and more interesting than Portal.
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

still longer and more interesting than Portal.waflerevolution

This is like the 3rd post of yours I have seen ripping on Portal, did it do something to offend you?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]still longer and more interesting than Portal.Republican11

This is like the 3rd post of yours I have seen ripping on Portal, did it do something to offend you?

yes it did.... it gained over-popularity for no reason at all. it gained good reviews for things other games get bad reviews for, it released not 1 but 2 versions of itself on the 360 alone! it created a fad that makes no sense PLUS is itself; a lie.  since if you BEAT the game, you see that there was indeed a cake.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 totalgridlock

I liked Portal.  It was shorter than a very short thing but I had fun with it.

Never got the whole cake fad though.  Two of my best friends had that damn song as their cake song at their wedding, if you can believe that.  But they are both the hugest geeks you can imagine. Their children will be born with taped glasses and lifetime passes to the MMO of their choice... 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 waflerevolution

Never got the whole cake fad though.  Two of my best friends had that damn song as their cake song at their wedding, if you can believe that.  But they are both the hugest geeks you can imagine. Their children will be born with taped glasses and lifetime passes to the MMO of their choice... 

totalgridlock

I didn't HATE portal cass, I'm just annoyed by its popularity.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#313 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Just finished Bioshock 2 on Normal.  Fun one, but I missed a weapon upgrade station somewhere, grr.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Republican11
[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

waflerevolution

It was too short, but it was a different puzzle game and I loved its dark humor. Its one of my favorite "short/arcade" games this gen next to Braid.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Hizang
Reccently defeated the Elite 4 in Pokemon Platinum, and I have seen 209 Pokemon, just need one more to complete the Pokedex :D.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

Republican11

It was too short, but it was a different puzzle game and I loved its dark humor. Its one of my favorite "short/arcade" games this gen next to Braid.

I didn't hate playing it (aside from some very frustraiting parts) I just hate that it gets unjustified attention.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
After starting the game 2 years ago but never finishing it, I finally went back into Mass Effect and completed the main story. Now onto Mass Effect 2!! :D
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 jsmoke03

finally finished uncharted drake's fortune yesterday night.

when i first played it, it was awesome. but after chapter 17, it kind of goes downhill from there. going into chapter 17, this was the best ps3 experience ive had. but i can see why gs scored it an 8. the gunplay isnt as tight as i should. having limited ammo, & it took 2 many bullets to kill enemies, and the aiming is sluggish for me. end boss battle left a lot to be desired. 8.5 in my book because of the great story and humor, gorgeous environment,solid platforming, and really good pacing to the game.

i hope uncharted 2 is a little better with the gunplay...then again it is a AAA title

next up i think i'm going to start on gow3 and an rpg....

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 gmsnpr
Borderlands, Xbox 360, finished my first, entirely solo, playthrough yesterday using a Hunter that I named Wendell. I focused on developing Sniping (who'd have guessed) and a little bit with the pet. Fun game. I've got Mad Moxxi's and Zombie Island, but I'm waiting until I finish FF 13 to start them. B+ at least. If anyone is looking to play through this game in a couple weeks, look me up, 'cuz I'd like to try it co-op next.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 duncanr2n

God of War II, the PS3 version. It was a lot easier this time through.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#321 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Finished FF13 and Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 someNONSENSE
So I have now beaten both Mass Effect games in the month of March. ME2 was awesome!
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 duncanr2n
GoW3 beat!
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 jsmoke03

beat cod mw2 campaign on vet yesterday.

its definitely less frustrating than waw and cod4. the ending is still meh for me, actually the last stage (why did they include a chase scene, its sooo not epic at all) was boring, but there are some really awesome parts here....

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 duncanr2n

its definitely less frustrating than waw and cod4. the ending is still meh for me, actually the last stage (why did they include a chase scene, its sooo not epic at all) was boring, but there are some really awesome parts here....

jsmoke03

That was my problem with the game as well.  It is at times, brilliant, but then it devolves into some shooter drivel.  Overall the story was terrible.

The game really shines in Spec Ops and if you've not played that you've not really experienced what I feel is the best that the game has to offer.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 gmsnpr

Surely though my most proud achievement this year (or at least this quarter) is beating Demon's Souls (PlayStation 3). And more specifically I beat Demon's Souls while level 8. (For a reference point, most people I see talking about the end-game were levels 70-130)
I don't think I could ever count the False King as the final boss unless he could one-shot me like he could.

Demon's Souls is among my top five favorite games I've ever played. The levels, enemies, control, punishment all just work in perfect harmony creating an extremely satisfying experience that you've just got to spend time with to truly understand.

Fragasnap
This is an impressive accomplishment. Congratulations. What's next?
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

duncanr2n

That was my problem with the game as well. It is at times, brilliant, but then it devolves into some shooter drivel. Overall the story was terrible.

The game really shines in Spec Ops and if you've not played that you've not really experienced what I feel is the best that the game has to offer.

i played it, but not co-op. its fun in short bursts, but maybe would be better if i play it with someone else. i'm more of a competetive mp guy anyway. cod4 is still the best game out of the series.....

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Republican11
Just finished Call of Duty MW2 on vet. today. Wasn't that hard, just a few annoying parts.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Hizang
Just "Completed" Pokemon Soul Silver, now ont Kanto :)
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 gmsnpr
Final Fantasy XIII.
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 totalgridlock

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

I completed this a couple of weeks back.  I really enjoyed it, I imported my (dead) character from the original game (continuity bypass, I guess) and took her on about 20 hours of adventures.  The story isn't as involved as the main game and there are less quests to undertake, but there's some great new party characters (Sigrun!) and some cool baddies and overall a pretty good storyline. I wish I could meet up with some of my favourites from the the main game (Morrigan?) but at least Oghren returns, drunk as ever. Dragon Age has the best dwarves!

I'm really glad Awakenings is a fully fleshed out expansion pack and not just a pitiful piece of DLC on a disc.  I miss the days of proper expansions, like Throne of Bhaal and the NWN add-ons, they always felt like worthwhile additions to a game, not just a quick money-grab like a lot of small DLC is these days. So yeah, Awakening gets a thumbs up from me.

On a side note, I don't know why everyone is complaining about the bugs in DA, I haven't experienced anything that could be called a bug in either Origins or Awakening.  Getting stuck in a doorway once doesn't really count, just a tiny clipping issue that forced me to reload and replay a whole two minutes of the game.  Part of me wants to see all these game-breaking bugs people are encountering.  I feel left out.

Wallace & Gromit: Fright of the Bumblebees

Something that's been sitting on my wishlist for a while, I finally gave in during the little XBLA sale at the start of the month.  Half price is always good.  I love Wallace & Gromit, I have since I was a little kid and they used to show A Grand Day Out and The Wrong Trousers back-to-back at teatime every bank holiday.  This adventure game is a nice little episode in the style of the latest Sam & Max games and does a good job of retaining the charm and humour of the TV shorts. I'm going to have to shell out for the remaining episodes now, shame they aren't half price too...

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 TwarBlackshire
Just finished Zelda Four swords on my Gamecube with the four Gameboys and their respective attachments. It was a bit of a struggle doing the entire quest with four people because it is difficult to have consistent teamwork with a group consisting of ages 5, 8, 11 and 35 (me  lol). However completing that with my son and his two cousins was something that he will probably always remember. It took a couple months of saturday 'game day' events to get it all done but we enjoyed it so much that I am looking for some more 'age appropriate' multiplayer games to take on as our next challenge. If anyone knows of a good game let me know!  
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 gmsnpr
Just finished Zelda Four swords on my Gamecube with the four Gameboys and their respective attachments. It was a bit of a struggle doing the entire quest with four people because it is difficult to have consistent teamwork with a group consisting of ages 5, 8, 11 and 35 (me  lol). However completing that with my son and his two cousins was something that he will probably always remember. It took a couple months of saturday 'game day' events to get it all done but we enjoyed it so much that I am looking for some more 'age appropriate' multiplayer games to take on as our next challenge. If anyone knows of a good game let me know!  TwarBlackshire
The Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube is 4-player during the combat, if not the exploration.
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 TwarBlackshire

[QUOTE="TwarBlackshire"]Just finished Zelda Four swords on my Gamecube with the four Gameboys and their respective attachments. It was a bit of a struggle doing the entire quest with four people because it is difficult to have consistent teamwork with a group consisting of ages 5, 8, 11 and 35 (me  lol). However completing that with my son and his two cousins was something that he will probably always remember. It took a couple months of saturday 'game day' events to get it all done but we enjoyed it so much that I am looking for some more 'age appropriate' multiplayer games to take on as our next challenge. If anyone knows of a good game let me know!  gmsnpr
The Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube is 4-player during the combat, if not the exploration.

I will check that game out thanks gmsnpr! 

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 someNONSENSE
Just beat Borderlands. Finished playthrough 1 with a Hunter, level 37. Now I am working on leveling up on my second playthrough and working on the DLC..
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 gmsnpr
Just beat Borderlands. Finished playthrough 1 with a Hunter, level 37. Now I am working on leveling up on my second playthrough and working on the DLC..someNONSENSE
That's pretty high. I ended up only reaching level 32 or 33 on my first playthrough.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 someNONSENSE

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]Just beat Borderlands. Finished playthrough 1 with a Hunter, level 37. Now I am working on leveling up on my second playthrough and working on the DLC..gmsnpr
That's pretty high. I ended up only reaching level 32 or 33 on my first playthrough.

Hmm, it may be because I played about 20 missions with my nephew and he was a level 47. I think he said that if you play co-op with someone of a higher level, you get tougher enemies and more experience points.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 duncanr2n
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 100% Complete
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#341 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

pokemon pearl. i finished it but it can go on until it stops saving or working which will be like in 50 years
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Republican11
just finished Alan Wake, overall I really enjoyed it.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 gmsnpr

That's probably my next target.

Last week I finished Fable 2 and both DLC packs. Good game, though I didn't care for all the family and real estate elements at first. I have an interest in Fable III, that I didn't have before playing it, so it must have made an impression.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 gmsnpr
I finished Overlord II on Saturday and I went mostly the Domination route. It was fun, but the only additions in the sequel that I liked were the mounts, and of those, the wolves were the best done, I thought. The Spiders you use in two instances and the Salamanders in one, whereas the wolves were more useful in more areas of the game, even though you rarely had access to any mounts.
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 TwarBlackshire
Not too many people can say that they finished an entire set of quests/deeds for an MMORPG but that is what I have done with lotro's 'Shadows of Angmar'. This includes collecting armour sets, finishing instances and killing all bosses. As I am a bit of a completionist I tend to have a tough time leaving anything undone so in my mind I have 'finished' the original lotro release. Next to complete is 'Mines of Moria' (first expansion) and then 'Siege of Mirkwood' (second expansion).
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 duncanr2n

Twar, I have no frame of reference for that game but does sound mighty impressive.

I finished Final Fantasy X-2 a couple of days ago.  94% complete at around 60 hours on the clock.   Say what you will about that game, but it's a solid entry in the FF series with a great battle system.  Now the only FF entries I've not played are III, XII, and XIII (for me X-2 is XI cause it's lame to treat an MMO as a numbered FF which means that XIV doesn't exist in my mind either)

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 TwarBlackshire

Twar, I have no frame of reference for that game but does sound mighty impressive.

I finished Final Fantasy X-2 a couple of days ago. 94% complete at around 60 hours on the clock. Say what you will about that game, but it's a solid entry in the FF series with a great battle system. Now the only FF entries I've not played are III, XII, and XIII (for me X-2 is XI cause it's lame to treat an MMO as a numbered FF which means that XIV doesn't exist in my mind either)

duncanr2n

I'm working on getting the entire catalogue of FF other than the MMO releases (I've got too much on my plate with LOTRO as it is). I am missing only 7 and 8 from the first 10. Are there any real favorites amoung those first 10 FF's? I think I will really enjoy the series but always like to get feedback on games that people highly recommend.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

I finished Final Fantasy X-2 a couple of days ago. 94% complete at around 60 hours on the clock. Say what you will about that game, but it's a solid entry in the FF series with a great battle system. Now the only FF entries I've not played are III, XII, and XIII (for me X-2 is XI cause it's lame to treat an MMO as a numbered FF which means that XIV doesn't exist in my mind either)

TwarBlackshire

I'm working on getting the entire catalogue of FF other than the MMO releases (I've got too much on my plate with LOTRO as it is). I am missing only 7 and 8 from the first 10. Are there any real favorites amoung those first 10 FF's? I think I will really enjoy the series but always like to get feedback on games that people highly recommend.

My favorite is IX.  That being said, IX was designed as a bit of a fan service to long time fans.  Those who started playing FF with VII probably didn't appreciate IX as much as they might have had they played I, IV and VI (I, II, and III in the states).  VII is good, but not the best.  VIII would be one of my favorite and in fact has one of the best battle systems of all the games.   The Junction system is a fantastic system, but it was hampered by the amount of time you had to spend drawing magic.   As a result my second place vote goes to VI.  VI was an incredible feat for the SNES.  I'm still impressed with the sheer size of that game.   Third place goes to X.  Musically, I think X was the pinnicle for Final Fantasy.  I'm not surprised Nobuo Uematsu didn't do any more FF soundtracks cause he probably thought, "Well, I can't beat that."  X also was nice because it catered to both FF audiences.  PlayStation era fans got all their bells and whistles with cutscenes and a world filled with ancient tech.  Long time fans though had a world where the tech was 'forbidden' (a nod to the magitech issue in VI) and therefore, the majority of the game was in a low-tech world much like the Nintendo-era FFs.

Anyway, hope that answers your question.   Once I get talking about FF, it's hard to stop me.

How many have you actually played?

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 totalgridlock

IX is my favourite too.  Unusually, it was the first FF game I ever played: we didn't get the earlier games over here and I didn't own a PS1 at the time VII and VIII were released.  So IX introduced me to Final Fantasy and JRPGs in general.  I like it a lot, it's funny and is a lot more 'fantasy' in styIe and setting than many other later FF games.

I'd award second place jointly to VI, X and now XIII.  Three very different games played in three very different ways.  VI is the last of the traditional top-down games and is a large, complex adventure that is definately worth spending a lot of time with.  X is a beautiful game with a neat story, characters you can care about (yeah, even Tidus occasionally) and I liked the turn-based battle system.  XIII has a marvellous battle system and the best character line-up in any FF.  Oh, and it's visually stunning.  It's only really let down by an overly linear progression through the game, though that doesn't bother me nearly as much as some people.

VII and VIII are a bit overrated in my opinion and I could never really get to grips with the magic system in VIII.  I like X-2 as well, it gets a lot of flak but it's still a fun, cracking good game that left a good, lasting impression with me (well, look at my user pic)... even though I never actually finished it!  Maybe I'll get around to that one day!

Of the earlier games, it's hard to pick favourites there, except to say that II is a bit pants and III is better than everybody always says. IV is probably the pick of the bunch.