Official Off-Topic Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
With a new leader and more active board I think its time we had an OT thread. Anything that can't go in a separate thread or is to small to require one can go here. Also other personal stuff. (i.e. What are you currently watch, Listening to, etc.)

I am currently listening to AFI- The Leaving Song Pt. 2
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
:| IM STILL NOT AN OFFICER *jumps off bridge...*
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 keiblerfan69
Well I can say I have some faith in Sega again after looking at these games:

Sonic the Hedgehog(X360)
Phantasy Star Universe(X360)
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 keiblerfan69
I am proud of how active this place is now. All we need was a new leader and we are better then ever. Glad to see motivation around here.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

As for listening, I just picked up Death in Vegas' latest release, Satan's Circus.  You may remember Death in Vegas for the song, "Dirt" from the album Dead Elvis, released in 1997.  It got some radio play, there was a video on MTV and it was featured in the soundtrack of the movie, Very Bad Things.  They used to be what I considered pretty good electronica, but this latest one is a little off of their previous quality.

As for watching, I don't have cable, so I'm limited to network TV and TBN.  The only show that I refuse to miss is Lost on ABC.  I never watched Alias, so I'm not sure why my wife and I love Lost so much, but it has captured our attention.  I am looking forward to the release of the second season DVDs, since we missed the first 5 or 6 episodes of the current season.

I just finished reading, "Flight of the Nighthawks" by Raymond Feist.  If you're a Feist fan, you've probably already read it, but if you aren't, you may remember a PC role-playing game called Betrayal at Krondor.  The plot of it was developed from some of Feist's novels.  There was a follow-up called Betrayal at Antara that used the same engine, but had nothing to do with Feist's writings.  The books are basically mind candy, complete with swashbuckling, magic, etc.  I like his novels but after reading 15-20 of them, certain annoying patterns have become apparent in the characters he writes.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]I am proud of how active this place is now. All we need was a new leader and we are better then ever. Glad to see motivation around here.

I think I jinxed it. Well I have a 1300 point project for US History that I have to work on.
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 gamefreak1972
Member since 2004 • 598 Posts

Lets see...I dont watch a lot of tv, though we do have cable (and tivo) - my sweetie is the TV fan, much more so than me.

I will confess to going out of my way to watch Robot Chicken though and the occasional episode of Will &Grace, and I just bought the French and Saunders collection (BBC comedy series - I actually like it better than Absolutely Fabulous - which I didnt think was possible).

Currently rereading RA Salvators Drak Elf stuff (yup - I'm a Drizzt junkie).

And speaking of Drizzt, I just completed Oblivions main quest (and most of the minor ones) so I thought I'd start a new character; custom class Ranger named (you guessed it) Drizzt. :)  I wanted to play with some of the other character skills - my original was a Kajiit thief, so a Dark Elf Ranger (emphasis in combat) would make a nice change.

I'd forgotten how much fun I had just creating a character on Oblivion, so I've been fooling around with it some more, and decided to start a game of 'Celebrity Oblivion'...I'm actually having a great deal of fun with it so far. :)

I'm considering doing Uwe Boll, Jack Thompson or George W Bush....just so I can watch them get their butt kicked by rats or something. :)

Heres the only 'celebrity oblivion' character I've got on my PC at the moment...

*sigh*

yeah, my sweetie is at work, so I got a little bored.  Bored + Me = disaster waiting to happen...

gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamefreak1972
^^^weird...wth is with the formatting on that post? That scroll box within the post is kind of annoying. :(
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 keiblerfan69

gamefreak1972

Kinda looks like the carver from Nip/Tuck. Speaking of which does anyone here enjoy that show? I know I do. I enjoy most of the FX original series' except The Sheild. I love Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck and Over There.
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamefreak1972

I havent ever watched Nip/Tuck - heard ok stuff about it though...

Nah, I had someone else in mind for my pic - think Brisish Comedy (a character that they play actually, not the actress herself).  'course, if you guys arent into British comedy you probably wont know who I'm talking about...

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gmsnpr

I havent ever watched Nip/Tuck - heard ok stuff about it though...

Nah, I had someone else in mind for my pic - think Brisish Comedy (a character that they play actually, not the actress herself).  'course, if you guys arent into British comedy you probably wont know who I'm talking about...

gamefreak1972

Edina Monsoon!  Now I see the resemblance.  Whatever happened to Jane Horrocks and Julia Sawalha?  After Ab Fab ended, I lost track of their careers.  I kind of have a thing for accents.

gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamefreak1972

"Patsy Stone" aka Joanna Lumley actually - but hey, you got the series right. :)

I havent seen her in much of anything sinec Ab Fab, but I think Jennifer Saunders (Eddie) is still doing her thing with Dawn French (French and Saunders BBC tv show - some hilarious parodies :) )

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gmsnpr

"Patsy Stone" aka Joanna Lumley actually - but hey, you got the series right. :)

gamefreak1972

The cheekbones make me think of Eddie rather than Patsy, even with Patsy hair.

gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamefreak1972

It looks a little better on the tv screen than in the photo - the lines are practically whitened out in the photo, thats what I get for having a cell phone for a digital camera- but I agree, I wanted the hair, cheeks and chin a little different....but theres some mechanic that kicks in and keeps certain proportions no matter how hard you try to fix it...

Now if only I had a mod to eliminate that, and add a cigarette and sunglasses I'd have it made. :)

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#15 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
where is all this traffic from? I don't EVER remember it being this busy here...
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamefreak1972

More traffic - no AWOL status, right? :)

I figure I WONT post the next character I created...technically my mother-in-law (who I love dearly, actually). :) heheheheh.....unfortunantly I saved over Oprah on accident though...oh well, I could have done better on that one anyway. :P

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Sup everyone.... My good friend Zach told me all bout this place and how well I'd fit in, so here I am.  Anybody else besides me and him watch wrestling?
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Sup everyone.... My good friend Zach told me all bout this place and how well I'd fit in, so here I am. Anybody else besides me and him watch wrestling?

Well of course I do. I know wafle atleast plays SvR.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DirtyDarren
Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

At Best Buy (where I work) we had a drawing like 2 months ago and I won it.... the prize was a 42 inch HDTV.  Once I get a digital camera I'll post all sorts of pics.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Sup everyone.... My good friend Zach told me all bout this place and how well I'd fit in, so here I am. Anybody else besides me and him watch wrestling?

Well of course I do. I know wafle atleast plays SvR.

wrestling is one of the reasons I became a game collector, Keiblerfan man, I was watching wrestling since before you were born!
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

At Best Buy (where I work) we had a drawing like 2 months ago and I won it.... the prize was a 42 inch HDTV. Once I get a digital camera I'll post all sorts of pics.

you basterd!
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#22 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

At Best Buy (where I work) we had a drawing like 2 months ago and I won it.... the prize was a 42 inch HDTV. Once I get a digital camera I'll post all sorts of pics.
waflerevolution

you basterd!

dude he's got a freaking hot girlfriend too.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 keiblerfan69

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

sephy37

you basterd!

Yeah I think Darren is the luckiest man on GS.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Arghhh..... I never killed Kenny!

Also, you watch wrestling.... Good stuff.  You up at all on the indies or do you just mainly watch WWE?  Won't matter to me either way, I was just wondering.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#25 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

keiblerfan69

you basterd!

no....greg kasavin is.... 

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]

sephy37

you basterd!

Why thank you.... Don't be getting any idea bout her though.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]

sephy37

you basterd!

Me... I would never do that. :P

You better look at out for Gary though. He is the one that is gonna meet her next month at that ROH show.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]

sephy37

you basterd!

Me... I would never do that. :P

You better look at out for Gary though. He is the one that is gonna meet her next month at that ROH show.

Actually she's going to the St. Paul show with me... which is in August.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Also, you watch wrestling.... Good stuff. You up at all on the indies or do you just mainly watch WWE? Won't matter to me either way, I was just wondering.

I only don't watch WWE, they suck teh uber donkey-shlong
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Also, you watch wrestling.... Good stuff. You up at all on the indies or do you just mainly watch WWE? Won't matter to me either way, I was just wondering.

Hell yeah dude. We found another fan that hates the WWE. Well Gary, Darren and I are big ROH fans. I do like TNA but it has been pretty crappy lately.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Good man.... You ever order any ROH dvds??  I currently have 29 in my collection (shows only, don't have any of the Straight Shootin' series).

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Good man.... You ever order any ROH dvds?? I currently have 29 in my collection (shows only, don't have any of the Straight Shootin' series).

DVD's... don't make me laugh, I DL everything for free...
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Good man.... You ever order any ROH dvds?? I currently have 29 in my collection (shows only, don't have any of the Straight Shootin' series).

Yeah I do the same as well, but I like to support the company at the same time.  As I'm typing this, I'm downloading Gibson/Dragon for GBH IV.  Amazing match...

I notice you live in MA.... been to any live events yet?  I was at the 2 shows in Chicago Ridge on WrestleMania weekend and I'm going to the next Chicago show on 6/24 (KENTA returns) and then I'm also going to the St. Paul show on 8/25.  Both of those shows I have 3rd row reserved seating tickets, so it's gonna be real good stuff.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

you basterd!

Yeah I do the same as well, but I like to support the company at the same time. As I'm typing this, I'm downloading Gibson/Dragon for GBH IV. Amazing match...

I notice you live in MA.... been to any live events yet? I was at the 2 shows in Chicago Ridge on WrestleMania weekend and I'm going to the next Chicago show on 6/24 (KENTA returns) and then I'm also going to the St. Paul show on 8/25. Both of those shows I have 3rd row reserved seating tickets, so it's gonna be real good stuff.

I'm at shows all the time! MA is ROH central! we have a ton of indies and small promotions here as well
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamefreak1972

Oh yeah... forgot to mention one thing, and I'm only saying this to invoke the envy of board members. :P

At Best Buy (where I work) we had a drawing like 2 months ago and I won it.... the prize was a 42 inch HDTV.  Once I get a digital camera I'll post all sorts of pics.
DirtyDarren

I hate you already. :P Envy achieved....

Just kidding - a 42" HDTV....nice prize!.  Maybe I ought to put in for a part time job at Best Buy....hmmm

Seriously though, welcome aboard. :)

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmsnpr

Here's OT for you: I installed a programmable thermostat in my apartment tonight.  I really like it since the Summer is coming and maybe I can make back some of the money I paid for it (plus some) in energy savings.  It wasn't too much at $39, plus there's a $5 rebate offer with the one that I bought.  Exciting, huh?  If you aren't paying your own power bill, the delight that I feel may be hard to understand.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waflerevolution

Here's OT for you: I installed a programmable thermostat in my apartment tonight. I really like it since the Summer is coming and maybe I can make back some of the money I paid for it (plus some) in energy savings. It wasn't too much at $39, plus there's a $5 rebate offer with the one that I bought. Exciting, huh? If you aren't paying your own power bill, the delight that I feel may be hard to understand.

gmsnpr

I don't have heat or cold other then A/C and a plug in heter.... they don't really work anyway, my crap-tastic house is fulll of holes as most of it was buuilt in the 1700s
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamefreak1972
1700s? Really? I know the bills have got to be a *****, but old houses are actually pretty cool. :)  The one I live in is only from the early 1900s, but I think I know what you mean by 'full of holes'... :?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 waflerevolution
1700s? Really? I know the bills have got to be a *****, but old houses are actually pretty cool. :) The one I live in is only from the early 1900s, but I think I know what you mean by 'full of holes'... :?gamefreak1972

there are also no walls, just slants, everything points...
gamefreak1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamefreak1972

YIKES!

Um...ok....when you said 'full of holes' I wasnt picturing quite THAT 'full of holes'.....

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 keiblerfan69
Well its the 12th so who gets the game Wafle or Me?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Well its the 12th so who gets the game Wafle or Me?

what makes you think either of us get it? it could be anyone!
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Well its the 12th so who gets the game Wafle or Me?

Look at the main page and see who posted.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Well its the 12th so who gets the game Wafle or Me?

I know but you don't have to make other members feel bad...
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Well its the 12th so who gets the game Wafle or Me?

I know but you don't have to make other members feel bad...

I was actually trying to get others to help.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 waflerevolution
it's too late this time but there is always a next time...
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gmsnpr
See the front page for the winner.  I'm still mulling over the game choice. 
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 waflerevolution
anyone else notice the traffic slowed down again?
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]anyone else notice the traffic slowed down again?

Yeah we needed to get more posters.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gmsnpr
As for new posters, we have 9 new members since the election.  I've been essentially cold calling people who seem like promising candidates for membership: people that have posted big collections or good collection pictures, or seem like they know what they're talking about in forums.  Also, I've put out a few threads on the Union recruitment board and some on the General Games Discussion board that would lead interested parties here.  It's been working, since our membership roster has expanded by more than 10% since 8-bit was deposed.  I think the free game giveaway was responsible for some of that; I advertised it in my recruitment threads.  I will continue to search out folks that seem like they would enjoy coming here and would likely contribute.  Also, I've got a text hotlink to the front page in my sig, but I might replace it with the slimline image that keiblerfan made.