Official Off-Topic Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#51 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
As for new posters, we have 9 new members since the election. I've been essentially cold calling people who seem like promising candidates for membership: people that have posted big collections or good collection pictures, or seem like they know what they're talking about in forums. Also, I've put out a few threads on the Union recruitment board and some on the General Games Discussion board that would lead interested parties here. It's been working, since our membership roster has expanded by more than 10% since 8-bit was deposed. I think the free game giveaway was responsible for some of that; I advertised it in my recruitment threads. I will continue to search out folks that seem like they would enjoy coming here and would likely contribute. Also, I've got a text hotlink to the front page in my sig, but I might replace it with the slimline image that keiblerfan made.gmsnpr

I recruited alot of the new members personally.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I recruited a lot of the new members personally.
waflerevolution

Good.  With efforts at recruiting, we should get to over 100 members in the near future.  Remember when there were 7? :D

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]
gmsnpr

Good. With efforts at recruiting, we should get to over 100 members in the near future. Remember when there were 7? :D

yes, remember when GS staff joined and how shocked we were?!
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

waflerevolution

Good. With efforts at recruiting, we should get to over 100 members in the near future. Remember when there were 7? :D

Yeah, it turns out that they're people with interests just like us.  It was pretty cool at the time, but since Greg-M and Jeff don't do too much around here, my exhilaration has dimmed.  I invited Justin Calvert a couple of days ago, but he has yet to respond, though he has read the message.  I think I might invite Carrie Gouskos, she mentions having something like 45 systems in her profile, but not many games.  Even though she dogged out the SMS, I can forgive.  The Union has room for many voices.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

gmsnpr

Yeah, it turns out that they're people with interests just like us. It was pretty cool at the time, but since Greg-M and Jeff don't do too much around here, my exhilaration has dimmed. I invited Justin Calvert a couple of days ago, but he has yet to respond, though he has read the message. I think I might invite Carrie Gouskos, she mentions having something like 45 systems in her profile, but not many games. Even though she dogged out the SMS, I can forgive. The Union has room for many voices.

the real challenge would be getting vince in here, he has never excepted friend requests!
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 amorphe
Member since 2005 • 382 Posts

wow not much traffic on the board.

Did anyone see the Microsoft Press Conferance?  They shouldn't alow Gates infront of a crowd again.  Sooooo boring.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gmsnpr
I went to the dentist today, and I have been playing a game with him for years called, "Can You Tell I Don't Floss?"  My record is 9-2, as of today.  Unfortunately, my record was 9-1 before today.  Apparently my "plaque number" is now 35%, and in previous, winning visits it had been 30% or 25%. I finally let my hygienist in on the joke and she laughed for quite a while. 
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Well I had an ok day at school today. I am making chili, chili dogs and chili fries for my family tonight. Also I gotta get a haircut and take my final notes for Huck Finn. Did I mention that it is the worst book ever written? I can't stand the bad grammar and slang. So SparkNotes is making it easier for me. 
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 waflerevolution
I got a new cell phone today... I don't think it will work for me as well as the old one did but it's cheaper so I don't care....
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Sorry I haven't been more active around here.... Finals week is this week and last week felt like finals week.  I had 3 tests and 2 papers due.  I only have two more finals though and I'll be out of classes officially on Wednesday, so expect to see me around here alot more often.  This place is really cool and I love the tag you guys have.... I'll probably end up using it as long as nobody disagrees.  
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 waflerevolution
oh I'm sure no one minds..
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 amorphe
I beat Condemned on the 360 last night.  Pretty good, nice atmosphere but It only took about 7 - 8 hours.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="amorphe"]I beat Condemned on the 360 last night. Pretty good, nice atmosphere but It only took about 7 - 8 hours.

I love the game.... And the atmosphere is crazy.  I actually had tension when I was going through some areas of the game.  Did you play it in one straight sit through or spread it out some?
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 amorphe

[QUOTE="amorphe"]I beat Condemned on the 360 last night. Pretty good, nice atmosphere but It only took about 7 - 8 hours. DirtyDarren

I love the game.... And the atmosphere is crazy.  I actually had tension when I was going through some areas of the game.  Did you play it in one straight sit through or spread it out some?

One play straight through.  One night to beat a game.  I'm kind of dissapointed in length.  If I would have paid $60 for it I doubt I'd be too happy.  But it is still a great game.  I'll buy it when the price drops.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="amorphe"]I beat Condemned on the 360 last night. Pretty good, nice atmosphere but It only took about 7 - 8 hours. amorphe

I love the game.... And the atmosphere is crazy. I actually had tension when I was going through some areas of the game. Did you play it in one straight sit through or spread it out some?

One play straight through. One night to beat a game. I'm kind of dissapointed in length. If I would have paid $60 for it I doubt I'd be too happy. But it is still a great game. I'll buy it when the price drops.

you meanif the price drops
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DirtyDarren
What's goin on everyone?  Man it feels so good to be out of classes for a couple of months.  I think today I'm gonna lounge around and maybe even go out and look for some good deals.  I haven't bought any games lately and I have to "feed the need" so to speak.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 waflerevolution
I feel the need to as well but I don't have the money...
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 waflerevolution
I found a rediculously named website!
click here to see it
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gmsnpr
Gaaah! Anyway, here is something that you may have already seen, but interesting nonetheless.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2943280.stm

I've read the Nature paper that they allude to, and it's fairly convincing.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gmsnpr
Do any of you watch the ABC show, Lost? 
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"] Gaaah! Anyway, here is something that you may have already seen, but interesting nonetheless.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2943280.stm

I've read the Nature paper that they allude to, and it's fairly convincing.

ya, that is possibly the worst named site ever.
ya, I've seen that article before.

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Do any of you watch the ABC show, Lost?

I used to but lost touch with it somewhere last season....
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Do any of you watch the ABC show, Lost?

I used to but lost touch with it somewhere last season....

The show should of ended last season.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gmsnpr
Wow. I've never seen one of these before.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"] Wow. I've never seen one of these before.

I don't have near enough money for that...
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 amorphe
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]I found a rediculously named website!
click here to see it

I hear if you go to that website you can get a free pen.  That is why they call it Pen Island.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="amorphe"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"]I found a rediculously named website!
click here to see it

I hear if you go to that website you can get a free pen. That is why they call it Pen Island.

yup, www.penisland.net is a great place for free pens
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 waflerevolution
I just found out today that my UI check was late because I'm not geiing any since I "used curse words twords my former DM in front of customers then walked out saying I quit" apperently that is considered "mutual seperation" and it's my word against his dispite that I loved my job and quitting was the farthest thing from my mind the lady on the phone called me a liar and hurt my feelings... I hate when I'm not believed... especially since I'm the one being truthful.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gmsnpr
I just found out today that my UI check was late because I'm not geiing any since I "used curse words twords my former DM in front of customers then walked out saying I quit" apperently that is considered "mutual seperation" and it's my word against his dispite that I loved my job and quitting was the farthest thing from my mind the lady on the phone called me a liar and hurt my feelings... I hate when I'm not believed... especially since I'm the one being truthful.
waflerevolution

I don't know why, but when I get mistakenly called a liar, it really bothers me. It's a character flaw I think (for me, I'm not casting aspersions on you) b/c I really see red. I try to be truthful most of the time, it's sort of a point of honor with me, so people calling me a liar is particularly bothersome. Also, I don't know what a UI check is, but I'm sure that it doesn't contain negative money, so it sucks that you aren't getting it, especially due to your DM being less than forthcoming about why you were let go.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]
waflerevolution

I don't know why, but when I get mistakenly called a liar, it really bothers me. It's a character flaw I think (for me, I'm not casting aspersions on you) b/c I really see red. I try to be truthful most of the time, it's sort of a point of honor with me, so people calling me a liar is particularly bothersome. Also, I don't know what a UI check is, but I'm sure that it doesn't contain negative money, so it sucks that you aren't getting it, especially due to your DM being less than forthcoming about why you were let go.

I usually don't even tell white lies so I'm with you in the anger indused by being called a liar, UI = unemployment insurance - free money untill I'm re-employed. he lied to keep his job, it looks very shady to fire an entire store at onece, even for different reasons. he probabably realized it and made up some stories about a few of us. hell, he still tells everyone he won the 1985 nintendo world chanpionship (he baught the jacket at hot topic)
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gmsnpr
I have been collecting things for most of my life, and the latest thing for me is Criterion Collection DVDs.  I don't have too many, but I try to find them on sale or used whenever I can, as new prices range from $22 to ~$100 for some of the nicer multi-film boxed sets.  Anybody else on this collecting bandwagon as well?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 waflerevolution
I collect alot of things, Comics, coins, license plates, 80's toys (some 90's) and others I also have a few hundred VHS movies and 100+ DVDs but I'm really only focused on games

on a dark note, I'm being evicted. sad but true, I don't know where I'm going to go or when I'll be on the net next. or the exact date I'm being booted but it will be hapening, likly soon. I hape to see you guys soon.
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 amorphe
sorry to hear that I hope you land on your feet soon.  Don't you know anyone that you can crash with?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="amorphe"]sorry to hear that I hope you land on your feet soon. Don't you know anyone that you can crash with?

well, I only have 2 real friends and they both live togeather and I'm not the third wheel type... I have 2 or 3 friendish people that would take me but only because I would bring my games and buy thm stuff... plus they live with parents who aren't fond of me... I'd live with my girl but she and I aren't speaking right now over this very subject. I'M NOT LEAVING MY GAMES IN THE TRASH! it's odd what comes out when it's absolutely gotta happen immiediately....
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 keiblerfan69
Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you find somewhere to stay.
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 amorphe
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"] [QUOTE="amorphe"]sorry to hear that I hope you land on your feet soon. Don't you know anyone that you can crash with?

well, I only have 2 real friends and they both live togeather and I'm not the third wheel type... I have 2 or 3 friendish people that would take me but only because I would bring my games and buy thm stuff... plus they live with parents who aren't fond of me... I'd live with my girl but she and I aren't speaking right now over this very subject. I'M NOT LEAVING MY GAMES IN THE TRASH! it's odd what comes out when it's absolutely gotta happen immiediately....

you could always put them in storage until you have a place for them.  Storage = my house :D   jk

but seriously you can get a pretty decent rate at one of those you store it places.

Why doesn't she want your games at her place?
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 keiblerfan69

amorphe

This could be just a guess but maybe he pays more attention to the games instead of her.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 gmsnpr

[QUOTE="amorphe"]sorry to hear that I hope you land on your feet soon. Don't you know anyone that you can crash with? waflerevolution

I don't know what to say that'll do much good.  I am sorry that your UI check didn't arrive; if that's the cause of the eviction, then you've got even more reason to dislike your former DM.  I think it's a little crazy that you'd be asked to toss your games in the trash, though.  I'm renting a climate controlled storage unit for my comics and most of my older games that is 10' x 5' and has a ceiling that is at least 9' tall for $83 a month.  Most of the storage places that I've dealt with have month-to-month contracts, so you could secure at least some of your stuff for a while.  450 cubic feet doesn't sound like much at first, but my unit is only about half full.  You'd be surprised how much you can cram into a unit like that if it's packed well.  Good luck, man.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 waflerevolution

you could always put them in storage until you have a place for them. Storage = my house :D jk

but seriously you can get a pretty decent rate at one of those you store it places.

amorphe

you aren't the first to offer storage, you'd be surprised how much stuff it is.

I do have 4 storage units. they will be gone soon.

she said she was joking, I didn't find it funny and now I don't think I'm able to trust the safety of my stuff...

This could be just a guess but maybe he pays more attention to the games instead of her.
keiblerfan69

not true, games come second to my love life.

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

I don't know what to say that'll do much good. I am sorry that your UI check didn't arrive; if that's the cause of the eviction, then you've got even more reason to dislike your former DM. I think it's a little crazy that you'd be asked to toss your games in the trash, though. I'm renting a climate controlled storage unit for my comics and most of my older games that is 10' x 5' and has a ceiling that is at least 9' tall for $83 a month. Most of the storage places that I've dealt with have month-to-month contracts, so you could secure at least some of your stuff for a while. 450 cubic feet doesn't sound like much at first, but my unit is only about half full. You'd be surprised how much you can cram into a unit like that if it's packed well. Good luck, man.

my check won't ever come because my DM told corperate "I used foul language at him and walked out" as in I quit wich would constitute a "mutual seperation". of course no 1 peice of that is true. it's very agrivating to be lied about in such a manor and then called a liar by a state official... and in a way that's why I'm evicted, someone in my household pushed me too far and wouldn't stop calling me a liar and got slapped in the face (first time I've ever stuck anyone and I almost threw a punch! luckily for both of us I turned it into a slap halfway... )

if I had $83 I'd use it, I haven't eaten in 3 days... I do have 4 storage units, they are full. at the end on next month my final payment goes and I'll have to clear them out...

amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 amorphe

you could always put them in storage until you have a place for them. Storage = my house :D jk

amorphe

she said she was joking, I didn't find it funny and now I don't think I'm able to trust the safety of my stuff...

keiblerfan69

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

I don't know what to say that'll do much good. I am sorry that your UI check didn't arrive; if that's the cause of the eviction, then you've got even more reason to dislike your former DM. I think it's a little crazy that you'd be asked to toss your games in the trash, though. I'm renting a climate controlled storage unit for my comics and most of my older games that is 10' x 5' and has a ceiling that is at least 9' tall for $83 a month. Most of the storage places that I've dealt with have month-to-month contracts, so you could secure at least some of your stuff for a while. 450 cubic feet doesn't sound like much at first, but my unit is only about half full. You'd be surprised how much you can cram into a unit like that if it's packed well. Good luck, man.

my check won't ever come because my DM told corperate "I used foul language at him and walked out" as in I quit wich would constitute a "mutual seperation". of course no 1 peice of that is true. it's very agrivating to be lied about in such a manor and then called a liar by a state official... and in a way that's why I'm evicted, someone in my household pushed me too far and wouldn't stop calling me a liar and got slapped in the face (first time I've ever stuck anyone and I almost threw a punch! luckily for both of us I turned it into a slap halfway... )

if I had $83 I'd use it, I haven't eaten in 3 days... I do have 4 storage units, they are full. at the end on next month my final payment goes and I'll have to clear them out...

do you have family you can stay with?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="amorphe"] [QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

amorphe

keiblerfan69

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

do you have family you can stay with?

you may find this hard to believe, but there is only 1 family member I don't strongly dislike with a passion and his house couldn't posibly take another person.
amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 amorphe
i suggest you make nice with the girlfriend then.  Smooth it over with some Barry White. Owyeah!! :wink:
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 keiblerfan69
Well I just got back from a semi-lan party. I say semi because we only lanned Halo 2. Most of the time was COD 2 split screen, BF 2 demo, and Capcom vs. SNK 2.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Well I just got back from a semi-lan party. I say semi because we only lanned Halo 2. Most of the time was COD 2 split screen, BF 2 demo, and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

I wish people I knew had XBOXs and I'd lan too...
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="amorphe"]i suggest you make nice with the girlfriend then. Smooth it over with some Barry White. Owyeah!! :wink:

I most likly won't, I'm not one to deal with conflict. that and I really don't think it would be a good idea since I wouldn't be able to stand her brother(who lives with her cuz he's a sp.ed. but doesn't know it.)... I can tolerate him for short ammounts of time but he worships me like a god... and is overbaring and vulger as well as horribly clumsy.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 waflerevolution
I'm a level 21 rescue ranger, I guess I'm in Kingdom Hearts.... *sings*Ch-Ch-Ch-Cha-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers!*/sings*

actually, the next Kingdom Heards should have the disney series' characters like from Darkwing duck, duck tales, chip and dale's rescue rangers and dave the barbarion and if they can do tron why not mary popins, hocus pocus or the parent trap. while on that subject why not do the crappy strait to VHS/DVD sequal movies?
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gmsnpr

I'm a level 21 rescue ranger, I guess I'm in Kingdom Hearts.... *sings*Ch-Ch-Ch-Cha-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers!*/sings*

actually, the next Kingdom Heards should have the disney series' characters like from Darkwing duck, duck tales, chip and dale's rescue rangers and dave the barbarion and if they can do tron why not mary popins, hocus pocus or the parent trap. while on that subject why not do the crappy strait to VHS/DVD sequal movies?
waflerevolution

I think they should add characters from the live action stuff like The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and Newsies, too.  I don't know how the gameplay would translate there, though.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 gmsnpr
I am a horror movie fan.  Has anybody here seen a series of DVDs out now called, Masters of Horror?  There are 13 volumes, all 1-hour films from directors like Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, Dagon), Tobe Hooper (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and Don Coscarelli (Phantasm).  I picked up the Stuart Gordon one last night.  It's an adaptation of H. P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch House, and I liked it.  It's all about a grad student who starts writing his dissertation and ends up in an asylum.  I can relate. :)  Anyway, if you like horror, Lovecraft, or Stuart Gordon, it's not a bad flick.  I've seen a couple of the others for sale, but this is the only MOH movie that I've seen so far.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 waflerevolution
I am a horror movie fan. Has anybody here seen a series of DVDs out now called, Masters of Horror? There are 13 volumes, all 1-hour films from directors like Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, Dagon), Tobe Hooper (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and Don Coscarelli (Phantasm). I picked up the Stuart Gordon one last night. It's an adaptation of H. P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch House, and I liked it. It's all about a grad student who starts writing his dissertation and ends up in an asylum. I can relate. :) Anyway, if you like horror, Lovecraft, or Stuart Gordon, it's not a bad flick. I've seen a couple of the others for sale, but this is the only MOH movie that I've seen so far. gmsnpr

I'm going to look into those. I've always been a slight horror fan only f bacause they are so corny..
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 waflerevolution
So, I've been kicked from my first union... I think it was for calling someone a fanboy but I'm not sure... oh well.... no big loss... the 3 modderations they game me were though...

From: GameSpot.com Sent: 06/12/2006 1:07:14 PM Subject: Attention! You've been kicked from the Community Contributions union
This is an automated message to confirm that your membership in the Community Contributions union has been terminated. At ease!

I dunno if I really deserve this but since I don't want to be in a union with so many fanboys who stick up for eachother I'm probably better off.... I really didn't deserve the moderations....
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 waflerevolution
fudge, our union board just went over 24 hours without a post....