Recommendations for the top reviewers emblem

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

The player review emblems are hand picked by the Community Team to avoid any emblem exploits such as disruptive posting and to highlight the best writers in the community. The users who are selected are often featured in the Weekly Community News Report too.

If you have a recommendation on an excellent review writer or video reviews uploader please use this thread to alert us.

Recommendation Guidelines
1| Please be very clear about who you are recommending and if it is a VIDEO or WRITTEN review emblem. Now that we have a video reviewer emblem on the way, it is best to mention that you want us to check their user videos and not their user reviews.

2| Please link to the user's contributions page for written reviews and link to their video reviews if you are recommending them as a user video.

3| If you plan to recommend yourself recommend someone else with your rsubmission. Otherwise, this becomes a self-centered thread, which is not the purpose of bringing awareness to good writers.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to be recommended to receive an emblems?
A. It's possible to get the emblem without being recommended. This thread is just for suggestions.

Q. Can I recommend myself?
A. Of course! Recommending yourself is a good place to start. Before recommending yourself try to hunt down other users to post with your recommendations. Important: Only recommend users who have 6 or more written reviews.

Q. Many people have recommended me! I deserve an emblem.
A. Recommending someone does not mean that they will receive an emblem. The community team are the one that makes a decisions based on a secret criteria.

Q. Why haven't I received an emblem?
A. We cannot share the criteria about how to receive a review emblem. Do some investigation! Check to see who has the emblem and then read their writing style and/or quality to your own. Grammar and spelling errors may be considered when we investigate a user's written review.

Q. What is the difference between the emblems?
A. The Top 100 are more prolific. The Top 500 user may not have enough written reviews or they need to step it up on their writing skills. Video review emblem require enough videos to be considered.

Q. I want an emblem, give me an emblem, check out my reviews right away!
A. When you post your recommendations do not pester and private message staff or contact the moderators to check out a player review. This thread is the appropriate place to post your suggestions. The timeline on knowing when you'll recieve an emblem is anywhere between 30 and 90 days of the thread creation. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

dark_being

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#2 dark_being
Member since 2004 • 3804 Posts

I'd like to recommend TheKungFool and akhorahill, both with great written reviews. And of course, I'd like to keep my emblem :)

Shinno441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Shinno441
Member since 2007 • 2792 Posts

Though school has taken away a lot of my time, I would like to keep my review emblem.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

k....nominating myself...hell its worth a try lol

wonderboy_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#5 wonderboy_46
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts

I'd like to keep my emblem :) and also recommend dannyodwyer.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

I would like to reccomend Systemaddict for a written review emblem. He/she is one of the best user reviewers I've seen on this site. I don't think you should be alarmed by a link that appears in some of his/her reviews; apparently it's linked to a blog that he/she writes on. Here's a link to Systemaddict's reviews.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

I would like to recommend jg4xchamp for a written reviewers emblem, he puts a lot of effort into his reviews and I think that they are of a high quality.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I'd like to recommend Bioshockraptor. He puts a lot of effort into his reviews. They're also pretty well written too. And I'd like to throw my name in for the heck of it. Check out my Bioshock 2 review I just put up the other day. I should have a couple more reviews going up soon as well.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

I would like to recommend gdw0908 for his analytic and well-written reviews, which only seem to improve with every entry. And I'll throw my name forth as well, just to see whether or not I deserve it. My old reviews aren't as pretty, though.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KH-mixerX

I would like to recommend gdw0908 for his analytic and well-written reviews, which only seem to improve with every entry. And I'll throw my name forth as well, just to see whether or not I deserve it. My old reviews aren't as pretty, though.

calvinsora

Lol, ya my older reviews are VERY amateur.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 calvinsora

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

KH-mixerX

I guess that applies to everyone :P Btw, I read your Bioshock 2 review and it was agood read. I especially like the closing paragraph, which neatly wrapped up the review. If you wish to read about more BS2, I wrote one as well which was very similar in score. Of course, I'm not forcing anything on you ;)

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

calvinsora

I guess that applies to everyone :P Btw, I read your Bioshock 2 review and it was agood read. I especially like the closing paragraph, which neatly wrapped up the review. If you wish to read about more BS2, I wrote one as well which was very similar in score. Of course, I'm not forcing anything on you ;)

Thanks for the compliment:D!!! I read yours. It seems you put a lot more effort into it than I did mine. Mine was kinda just whipped together very quickly. You got talent man. Keep em coming.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/users/kjhg53/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about;header;more

I'd like to nominate Kjhg53, he's a great reviewer, and one thing is, he has a passion for reviewing games. He's very fair and his viewpoints of each game are very accurate. Even if you don't agree with the scores he gives some games he gives very good reasoning in his review for everything, and he's thorough.

asian_pride69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 asian_pride69
Member since 2006 • 17141 Posts

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

KH-mixerX

Lol that pretty much happens to everyone. You get better as you write more :wink: that's the beauty of it.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

asian_pride69

Lol that pretty much happens to everyone. You get better as you write more :wink: that's the beauty of it.

Agreed, it's useful to read the older reviews from the "top reviewers" as it shows how much someone can improve with reviews.
gdw0908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 gdw0908
Member since 2008 • 5233 Posts

I'd like to recommend Raikoh_'s Army of Two: 40th Day review for a top emblem. It can be found here, and was used by Game Observer as the official website review of the game. While her $tyl3 is more casual than technical - it is a great voice of the game and opinions.

I'd also like to submit my Resident Evil 4 review for a top emblem found here.

Thanks again for the consideration of our unions members and reviews :)

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 calvinsora

Firstly, I would like to thank GS for my emblem. *bow* Thank you so much.

Then I would like to, as gdw0908 did earlier, nominate Raikoh_for her whimsical, funny and, most importantly, well written reviews.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Wow, thanks a ton for the Top 100 emblem! Huge surprise! :)

Here are some users who I'd like to personally recommend. All of them should definitely qualify for an emblem distinction!:

Cloud_765 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

DesertClawX2X / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

GabuEx / Review Contributions (WRITTEN) (Top 1000, deserves higher.)

kjhg53 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

RidersInThe-Sky / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

TristanH12 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I'd like to nominate GenTom for his written reviews. His review of Silent Hunter III was the deciding point of actually getting that game.

I'd also like to nominate myself for written reviews, since I can. :P

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#21 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

I'd like to nominate myself for written reviews and GabuEx for written reviews as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Well, I'd like to ask if my emblem could be upgraded to Top 100 from Top 500... thanks!
Out-Of-Ammo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Out-Of-Ammo
Member since 2008 • 5628 Posts

I would like to nominate ShootumUP26 for his great reviews. Here is a link to his many reviews.

I would also like to nominate myself, even though I haven't written that many reviews, I try to make my reviews good.

Here is a link to my reviews.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/users/kjhg53/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about;header;more

I'd like to nominate Kjhg53, he's a great reviewer, and one thing is, he has a passion for reviewing games. He's very fair and his viewpoints of each game are very accurate. Even if you don't agree with the scores he gives some games he gives very good reasoning in his review for everything, and he's thorough.

Cloud_765
I agree with this and recommend Kjhg53 as well. I can't really recommend myself, I have several reviews but very few are actually high quality, plus I have a tendency to review obscure games, or the less-known version of popular ones.
dapman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#25 dapman418
Member since 2009 • 14899 Posts

I don't recommend myself exactly...yet. I am eligible, because I do have 6 written reviews, but 3 of them are terrible. I am increasing the quality with each review I write though, so I am recommending that you just keep an eye on me for right now. :P My next review will be on Okami. :)

Boy_Bawang01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Boy_Bawang01
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

I would like to nominate tmaclabi for his written reviews. I found them really interesting and detailed and i think he really deserves to get an emblem. The list of his written reviews can be found here

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mariostar0001
I'm changing my recommendation of myself to a half-recommendation. Half my reviews (A growing percentage) are worth looking at, but there are still my original ones that are average and a couple that are rather bad.
SGTiD1NG0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SGTiD1NG0
Member since 2008 • 1727 Posts

OK so here's my list of recommendations of who I think is worthy of the various emblems;

asian_pride69 - Top 100 - Factual, informative, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/asian_pride69/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about;header;more

Calvinsora - Top 100 - Ambitious, informative, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/calvinsora/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

Charizard1065 - Top 100 - Enjoyable, varied, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/charizard1605/contributions

DannyODwyer - Top 100 - Consensed, enjoyable, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/dannyodwyer/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

Domstercool - Top 100 - Condensed, enjoyable, witty reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Domstercool/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

GeekyDad - Top 100 - Enjoyable, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/kingdomhearts3582days/player_review.html?id=684426&tag=contributions;review4

Gdw0908 - Top 100 - Factual, informative, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/gdw0908/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

Khoofia_Pika - Top 100 - Enjoyable, varied, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/khoofia_pika/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

Raikoh_ - Top 500 - Informative, witty reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Raikoh_/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about;header;more

Tikicobra - Top 500 - Informative, well written reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Tikicobra/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

Sheena321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sheena321
Member since 2006 • 7489 Posts

I'd like to nominate indzmanfor his really well written reviews :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/usindzmaners/indzman/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/burnout5/player_review.html?id=714554&tag=contributions;review3

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/midnightclublosangeles/player_review.html?id=715628&tag=contributions;review2

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/residentevil5/player_review.html?id=715801&tag=contributions;review1

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/grandtheftauto4/player_review.html?id=717008&tag=all-about%3Breview1

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/burnoutrevenge/player_review.html?id=721302&tag=all-about%3Breview1

I'd also like to recommend

Venom_Raptor for his very well written BioShock review

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mariostar0001
I'm changing my recommendation of myself to a half-recommendation. Half my reviews (A growing percentage) are worth looking at, but there are still my original ones that are average and a couple that are rather bad. mariostar0001
I forgot the link. I don't know how to do the kind where you can click on the link, this is technically the address.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/mariostar0001/contributions?tag=profile-nav;contributions
PunkyV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 PunkyV2
Member since 2010 • 379 Posts

I'd like to recomend myself :) I've done 20+ reviews that i've been getting good fedback for.

Heres the link to my review page.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I'd like to recommend PunkyV2's reviews too. He has some detailed and interesting reviews, which he updates daily. Easy to read and understand.
woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts

I'd like to nominate kevin091's written reveiws. He has always been good at it.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Wow, thanks a ton for the Top 100 emblem! Huge surprise! :)

Here are some users who I'd like to personally recommend. All of them should definitely qualify for an emblem distinction!:

Cloud_765 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

DesertClawX2X / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

GabuEx / Review Contributions (WRITTEN) (Top 1000, deserves higher.)

kjhg53 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

RidersInThe-Sky / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

TristanH12 / Review Contributions (WRITTEN)

-SpikyBlueHero-

I would also like to recommend Cloud 765 and kjhg53 for their writtenas well as myself, sonictrainer,and kbaily for written reviews.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#36 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

Say, is there any chance that awarded emblems can be upgraded? If so, I would like to recommend these people:

calvinsora

Gelugon_baat (that's myself)

I would also like to recommend the following people:

cyberpixie

julianozuca

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JodyR

Hey everyone! Just a quick update that I probably wont be able to pull the list of your reviewer suggestions and pass them around to those who check them out for a little whle longer. Might be able to do it late June (weeks after E3) or early July.

I just realized that we dont really have that many Mac game reviewers, except TissueShow. So, if you can think of anyone that might be worthy of this emblem that writes mac reviews, post them in here.

Also, I am still looking for video reviewers! Check to see if they have at least 5 or more video reviews and report them here!

dapman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dapman418

Hey everyone! Just a quick update that I probably wont be able to pull the list of your reviewer suggestions and pass them around to those who check them out for a little whle longer. Might be able to do it late June (weeks after E3) or early July.

I just realized that we dont really have that many Mac game reviewers, except TissueShow. So, if you can think of anyone that might be worthy of this emblem that writes mac reviews, post them in here.

Also, I am still looking for video reviewers! Check to see if they have at least 5 or more video reviews and report them here!

JodyR

In that case, I recommend myself (written reviews)now. I should have a good number of decent reviews by late June, early July. My reviews can be found here. :)

Even thoughBacklash24 has only 2 written reviews, I would keep an eye on him. ;)

I don't see many user video reviews or Mac game reviews, but if I notice any, I'll be sure to come here.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#39 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Daavpuke has some decent reviews.I'd put him in the top 500.

YourOpFeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#40 YourOpFeR
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

Ok, I'm gonna give this a try, too. I'd like to recommend myself for my written reviews. My older reviews are not that well written (due to lacking English skills), but the newer ones I posted are rather good I think.

I'll eventually rewrite the older ones when I have some spare time.

dapman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dapman418

I thinkstephenage,calvinsora, and Pierst179 may be eligible for an upgrade from the top 500 to the top 100.

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I want to recommend maryalex for the uttermost care she puts in her reviews as seen in her Final Fantasy XIII review.

Also I would like to recomend yokofox33, for reviews so complete you don't even need to play the game. Honestly he covers everything.

These two are long time GS users, and both write very complete detailed reviews and I think that awarding the emblem to any of them would encourage them to keep on with the hard work. Oh and I also think Piert179 deserves to be in the top 100, I'm familiar with his reviews and they are great, also he has written a lot of reviews.

And I would like to nominate myself, I'd love to get the emblem.

IslandBros15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#45 IslandBros15
Member since 2010 • 1364 Posts

I'll nominate me, PHILRYABKIN, gamefreak197, and jazzfan4. We all write written reviews.

SirMordredX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#47 SirMordredX
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts

I would like to recommend myself - SirMordredX; as a long-time reviewer, I believe my reviews have a much better sense of both professionalism and completion than most all others [My early reviews are not on the same level, seeing as they were meant to be mini-reviews, as opposed to full].

My STALKER review can be found HERE...

My Just Cause 2 PC review can be found HERE...

And my more "stylized" Kane and Lynch: Dead Men [PC] review can be found HERE...

-- Best Regards, SirMordredX

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I would like to nominate DraugenCP for his SMG2 review.In his review he explained why SMG2is not art and why it shouldn't be judge by parameters or criteria's in videogames.

Here is the link

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermariogalaxy2/player_review.html?id=732608&tag=player-reviews%3Bcontinue%3B10

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JodyR

Hey everyone. We usually wait a couple of months to gather a hefty list and review through to find new people for the achievement. We probably won't be checking for new peeps until October so get in your recommendations sooner than later!