The Justice League Zack Snyder Cut Will Release On HBO Max In 2021
The Snyder Cut is real and original Justice League director Zack Snyder has announced it will debut on the HBO Max streaming service in 2021.
It's official. A different cut of the movie Justice League from original director Zack Snyder is in the works and it will be released on HBO Max in 2021. The director announced the news during an online Q&A for Man of Steel. Some fans have been clamoring for the "Snyder Cut" of Justice League since the director stepped down from the film and Joss Whedon took over as director. Now they'll get it, sort of.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder revealed that the project will be "an entirely new thing." What does that mean? "You probably saw one-fourth of what I did," the director said of the theatrical cut of the movie. Now, with the upcoming HBO Max streaming service, Snyder had an outlet for the project.
Those who believed a version of the movie existed that was ready are going to be slightly disappointed. It turns out the truth of the matter is that Snyder walked away from the project following the death of his daughter with an unfinished cut that has no visual effects or post-production work done to it. But, after screening what he had for Warner Bros. and DC executives, they were interested.
Now it's going to become a reality, though the timeline is a little foggy. Snyder said he has reached out to the movie's cast, letting them know they may be called upon to help complete the project. Meanwhile, negotiations with those who can complete the visual effects and post-production are underway.
Also unknown is how the project will be presented. According to THR, it could be a four-hour cut of the film, or be divided into six separate "chapters," as if it were a TV series. Regardless, Snyder and his wife/producer Deborah Snyder are excited about sharing it with the audience. "This movie was the culmination of a hero’s journey that all these characters went on," she said. "And the idea was always to build them up to be the heroes people expected them to be."
At this point there is no specific release date for the project, other than the news that it will arrive next year.
- New Batwoman Revealed: Here's Who Is Playing Ryan Wilder
- Justice League, Other DC Movies Won't Leave HBO Max In July After All
- Justice League Snyder Cut Gets First Clip, With Darkseid Footage
- HBO Max Already Losing Justice League And Several Other DC Movies, Temporarily
- Zack Snyder Teases Darkseid In The Snyder Cut, Kind Of
- Birds Of Prey Review - The Movie Harley Quinn Deserves
- Confused By HBO's Watchmen Series? Grab The Graphic Novel For A Super Low Price
- Joker Movie Director Responds To Criticisms -- "Outrage Is A Commodity"
- How Justice League Broke Batman
- Did You Catch This Subtle Justice League Easter Egg In Batman V. Superman?