The Division's New Patch Kills Loot Cave, Lets You Heal Strangers in the Dark Zone
Full patch notes for update 1.0.2.
Halo Infinite - Official PC Overview Trailer DOOM ETERNAL Horde Mode Teaser Trailer ConcernedApe's Haunted Chocolatier -- Early Gameplay Reveal Trailer Uncharted Official Reveal Trailer Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer and Brr Zerker Class Trailer Saints Row Criminal Ventures Trailer God of War Coming To PC - No Fortnite Required | GameSpot News New Splinter Cell In The Works… Please Be Real! | GameSpot News 3 New Minecraft Mobs Revealed For Fan Vote | GameSpot News Call of Duty Cheaters Hit With Ricochet | GameSpot News Last Chance To Get The Original GTA Trilogy | GameSpot News Turns Out Pokemon Legends: Arceus Is Not Fully Open World | GameSpot News
Halo Infinite - Official PC Overview Trailer DOOM ETERNAL Horde Mode Teaser Trailer ConcernedApe's Haunted Chocolatier -- Early Gameplay Reveal Trailer Uncharted Official Reveal Trailer Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer and Brr Zerker Class Trailer Saints Row Criminal Ventures Trailer Sifu - Official Behind The Scenes Trailer: Making-of Kung Fu And Mocap Apex Legends Escape New Map Trailer Battlefield 2042 New Specialists Trailer 21 Things Every Battlefield Player Should Know Gran Turismo 7 - The Starting Line (Behind The Scenes) Pokémon Legends: Arceus Mysterious footage restored!
Most notably, this patch addresses the game's Destiny-esque Loot Cave. This allowed players to repeatedly kill a particular named enemy in a short span of time in order to farm item drops from him. The patch makes it so that these named NPCs don't respawn when they're killed in the open world.
Following its removal from the game in a recent patch, the Trained talent is back in this new update. It has, however, been changed. Previously, it allowed for players to use their signature skills (the most powerful in the game) far more frequently than intended when used in combination with rapid-fire weapons. Now, it's available only on shotguns, marksman rifles, and pistols, and its bonus is just 0.1 percent, as opposed to the one to five percent it offered previously.
On Midas SMGs (both new and existing ones), it's being replaced with Responsive Talent, increasing damage as you get closer to the target. All new and existing SMGs, LMGs, and Assault Rifles will get a randomly selected weapon talent in place of Trained.
On the Dark Zone side, you can now fast travel to DZ checkpoints, but only if you aren't already inside. Players can now heal neutral players using First Aid and Support Station while inside the Dark Zone, and the amount of time before being able to disconnect has been bumped up to 30 seconds. Additionally, whenever you kill an enemy player, they'll now drop ammo, grenades, and medkits, though the slain player won't lose these things. Should you die, you'll now lose fewer Dark Zone money and experience.
The full patch notes follow below. The update is set to go live tomorrow, March 22, following a three-hour maintenance period that begins at 1 AM PST / 4 AM EST.
- Named enemies. will now drop better loot in Challenge mode than in Hard mode.
- Added a cooldown period for the Static Turret stun attack in order to avoid a stunlock in PvP and PvE game modes.
- Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.
- Modifications to the weapon talent: Trained.
- It can now only be rolled on Shotgun, Marksman rifles and Pistols
- Its bonus has been reduced from 1%-5% to a constant 0.1%
- For the Midas SMGs, Trained Talent has been replaced with Responsive Talent which increases damage when getting closer to the target. This applies to existing weapons as well as newly acquired ones
- For all SMGs, LMGs, and Assault Rifles, it will be replaced with another randomly picked weapon talent. This applies to existing weapons as well as newly acquired ones
- Fixed a speed run exploit for the Rooftop Comm Relay mission
- Fixed an issue where weapons dealt no damage if the reload animation was interrupted by an agent's skill
- Fixed an issue where players became stuck in an emote animation if activated via chat while auto running
- Fixed a bug where skill power would be increased permanently while using the Death by Proxy talent
- Fixed a bug where experience was not being awarded for completing all side-missions in the Midtown East safe house
- Fixed instances where the Seeker Mine with Airburst / Multi-mine mod would detonate too soon, miss targets or cause no damage
- Fixed a bug where grenades would sometimes not display the blast radius warning before detonating
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs in low cover would not react to being shot by the player
- Fixed issues where emotes would cause the player model to behave oddly (missing guns, player stuck in emote animation, etc)
- Fixed a bug where weapon mods and weapon skins would not show up on other players in the game world
- Fixed an issue where DPS would not be calculated properly when purchasing a new weapon mod
- Players can now heal other neutral players in the Dark zone, by using First Aid and Support Station skills
- Players are now able to fast travel to Dark Zone checkpoints, but only when coming from outside the Dark Zone
- The Dark Zone disconnect timer has been increased to 30 seconds, meaning players will remain in the game world longer when logging out while in the Dark Zone (this applies while not in combat)
- Items extracted from the Dark Zone are now properly marked as "new" items when moved to the players inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone now drop ammo, medkits and grenades. This loot is generated and not taken from the dying players' inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
- Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone:
- Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
- Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
- Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
- Increased drop rate of High-End items from lvl 31 and 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
- Increased drop rate of High-End Division Tech Material from lvl 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
- Improved Dark Zone Chests items quality:
- Rank 30 chests will now drop Superior (Purple) items instead of Specialized (Blue)
- Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items
- Dark Zone Funds drop rates and quantity on NPCs has been reduced.
- Fixed a bug where the Wildfire and Fear Tactics talents were affecting neutral players in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed instances where players would receive a DELTA error message when entering the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players could not loot anything after returning to the game following a network disconnection
- Fixed Stage 1 Rogue timers not displaying correctly when Rogue players receive damage from another player
- Fixed a few lights that did not cast global illumination
- Added more information for Daily missions on the Map
- Tutorials have received some UI polish
- The Matchmaking menu now displays the mission difficulty rating more prominently
- The mini-map mission tracker has been optimized to be less confusing to players
- Fixed a bug where some of the attributes for high-end equipment were cut-off in the recalibration menu
- Fixed a bug where the Matchmaking menu for a mission would not display correctly or kept disappearing
- Fixed missing item icons in the Reward Claim Vendor's inventory
- Fixed incorrect side-missions being displayed in the Map legend
- Fixed a bug where the helicopter crash SFX would be missing from the Brooklyn end cinematic
- Fixed a bug where the Zapper Turret mod had no sound
- Fixed a bug where the audio for entering a contaminated area would be cut-off
- Fixed a bug where audio would not play when scrolling through vanity items
- Fixed Ubisoft CLUB reward descriptions in Korean and Traditional Chinese
- In-game localization bug fixes
- Tobii Eye Tracking bug fixes and improvements
- On launch, the PC client now monitors PC graphic settings and applies the best settings for the user's configuration. This is unless the user has custom settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Map was sometimes difficult to navigate with a mouse
- Fixed issues with Hungarian, Korean, and Russian localizations
- Fixed an issue that prevented matchmaking while on the Map
- Removed the Store button from the Character Selection screen on PC versions of the game. Players can find the store page in the Ubisoft CLUB app directly
- Fixed increment number on Day 1 Patch Notes (was 1.1, now correctly states 1.01)
- Fixed a bug where players could not reconnect to the servers after suspending the game on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug on Xbox One where unblocking a player would not be reflected in-game until title reboot
- Added an option to disable the PlayStation 4 controller speaker
- Improved textures and models streaming speed
- Fixed an issue where ISAC volume could get too loud when playing with headsets
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.