Fallout Shelter Getting Biggest Update Ever, Here's What It Includes
Crafting, barbershop, and more pets are just some of the new features and content.
Firearms Expert Reacts To Rising Storm 2: Vietnam’s Guns Surviving Resident Evil Village: Tips and Tricks Hardcore Difficulty Is Resident Evil Village’s Sweet Spot Titanfall 2's 2021 Comeback 8 Minutes Of Hood: Outlaws & Legends Gameplay Animal Crossing Island Games with Persia Microsoft Acquires Bethesda - GS News Update Hitman 3 On Epic Games Store, Call Of Duty Cold War Confirmed, & PS5 DualSense Uses | Save State Fall Guys Team Yellow Drama, New Prince Of Persia Listing, & Vampire: The Masquerade's Fired Writer | Save State Sony Confirms PS5 Event For Next Week - GS News Update New Call Of Duty Multiplayer Maps & Warzone Gulag Changes This Week - GS News Update Apex Legends Loba Abilities Teased & Quests Explained - GS News Updates
Since its release in June 2015, Bethesda has regularly supported mobile game Fallout Shelter with new updates that have introduced more content and features. The latest update is coming this week and it's the game's biggest ever. As detailed on Bethesda's website, the update includes new features like crafting and a barbershop, while it also adds more dogs and cats (and parrots). The full update notes can be seen below.
Bethesda also teased today that this week's update won't be the last, as it said it had "many more" in the works.
Fallout Shelter Update 1.4 Details:
Descriptions written by Bethesda
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us--it's more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we've added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Fallout Shelter is the first mobile game from Bethesda Game Studios--and it won't be the last. Bethesda's Todd Howard told GameSpot recently that, in part due to the success of Fallout Shelter, the developer has plans to make even more mobile games in the future. These have not been announced, however.
As for Fallout 4, Bethesda continues to update that game, too. The latest update, also 1.4, arrived on PC in beta form last week, introducing support for DLC, new art customization options for the Workshop crafting system, and some bug fixes. Fallout 4's first paid expansion, Automatron, launches in March; its achievements recently leaked and you can see them here.
In other Fallout 4 news, the game's $30 DLC pass will increase to $50 starting tomorrow, March 1.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.