Fallout Shelter Gets Halloween-Themed Update
Bethesda's Fallout Shelter mobile game has received a Halloween-themed makeover.
A new update to the iOS and Android game introduces a range of content themed around the spooky holiday, including cobwebs and skeletons in players' vaults. In addition, you can dress up your inhabitants in all manner of different costumes, including one based on Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees.
This update, like others before it and the game itself, is free. Bethesda makes money from the game through the sale of in-game lunchboxes. In the two weeks following the game's release in June, it generated more than $5.1 million in revenue from iOS alone, according to one research firm.
The next core Fallout game is Fallout 4, which arrives on November 10 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
In other Fallout-related news, Steam has launched a new sale on past games in the series, offering 66 percent off games like Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout 4 is not on sale, but everyone who preorders the game on Steam gets a free Mister Handy announcer pack for Dota 2.
For more on how video games are celebrating Halloween, check out the stories below.
- Awesome Halo 5 Pumpkin Carving Shows Master Chief vs. Locke
- Ultra Street Fighter IV Halloween Costume Packs Revealed
- Save on Scary PS4, PS3, PS Vita Games in Sony's "Sale of the Dead"
- Take a Look at Smite's New Halloween Arena Map
- Rocket League Adding Halloween-Themed Items for a Limited Time
- PlayStation Store Halloween Sale Discounts Until Dawn, Bloodborne, and More
- PC Dinosaur Game Ark's Halloween Update Lets You Fight Zombie Dodo Birds
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.