Fallout 4's Next Patch Rolls Out on PC, Here's What It Changes
The next patch for Fallout 4 is out now on PC in beta form through Steam, Bethesda has announced. Patch 1.4 introduces support for DLC (three expansions were announced last week) and delivers a range of new art customization options for the Workshop crafting system, as well as some bug fixes.
In all, patch 1.4 delivers more than two dozen bug fixes, including a solution for a problem involving screen effects not completely clearing away after using a scope. Additionally, the update fixes a problem with a "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning as it should. If you encountered a problem sprinting while in third-person with a minigun equipped, that issue should now be resolved as well.
PC players on Steam can opt in to the Fallout 4 patch beta by selecting "Betas" from the "Settings" tab and then choosing "Select Beta Update."
Bethesda said it will have more information "soon" regarding when this patch will leave beta and launch for everyone on PC. It will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime thereafter, as is the standard schedule for Fallout 4 patches.
The first Fallout 4 expansion, Automatron, arrives in March. It will be followed by Wasteland Workshop (April) and Far Harbor (May). All three are included with the $30 Fallout 4 DLC pass, which will increase in price to $50 on March 1.
Fallout 4 1.4 Patch Notes:
Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:
- Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
- Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
- Abstract and portrait paintings
- Variety of new signs
- More metal and wood doors variants
- General stability and performance improvements
- During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
- During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
- Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
- Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
- Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
- Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
- Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
- The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
- Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
- Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
- Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
- Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
- Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
- Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
- Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
- Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
- Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
- Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
- The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
- Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
- Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
- Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
- Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating