what is wrong with xbox live gamers? Are you all mean?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hello8888888888
hello8888888888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hello8888888888
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I recently watched a youtube video where a guy with a gamertag of xxxgayboyxxx entered multiplayer matches. He only said hello or veto certain maps on halo 3. What he recieved was a barrage of homophobic and insulting insults by players. He recorded 2 minutes and forty-three seconds of video in which he did not provoke or respond to any of the insults. He did not include rampant team killing and party booting from his "team." What is wrong with these people? Are all xbox live suscribers homophobic bigots? I am NOT gay but that doesn't mean I insult and ridicule them. Am I alone in this? Or do other people feel outraged at this. I think he should send it to bungie. Look for yourself. search xxxgayboyxxx on youtube. 
TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheGrayEye
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts
Only the British gamers
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Its the combination of immaturity and not being face to face with the person you are insulting. People get very brave when they are talking over the internet, myself included at times.

Easiest solution is to just mute people and build a friends list of people you like playing with. It won't fix the problem entirely, but it helps.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Ya there asses, but you can report abuse, or just leave the game, but don't let it get to you, its just gamer talk.
Dark_knight24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dark_knight24
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Mabey because his gamertag is gayboy.....some people will insult him by calling him gay or other inappropraite words. but no a lot of us are easy to get along with...
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Its the combination of immaturity and not being face to face with the person you are insulting. People get very brave when they are talking over the internet, myself included at times.

Easiest solution is to just mute people and build a friends list of people you like playing with. It won't fix the problem entirely, but it helps.

jmartinez1983

QFT, but with all due respect, homosexuality isn't the most historically respected lifestyle path. It's in direct opposition to every major world religion, after all. Not to mention the fact that as much as people are more tolerant of it these days, you'll be hard pressed to find people that openly endorse it, and predjudices of various sorts get passed down from generation to generation and so on and so on.

Personally, I don't care what people do with their lives, so long as they don't make it my business. When you make it my business, and you beg for an opinion, I'll give it, but otherwise it's, again, not my business. But not everyone out there minds their own business in the same way, particularly when they've got the power of anonyminity behind them.

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheGrayEye
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts

Yeah, don't be surprised that someone with a name like that would get laughed at and made fun of, who the **** names themselves gayboy? Rofl, I know I would die laughing if someone joined a matchmaking game with a name like that!

Chrome_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chrome_Demon
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

I was talking some trash the other day... yeah it was dumb, but I was. The guy said something like "You don't even know me..." or something... this just got me off of the trash talking. He was right, just because someone doesn't have skill at a game or has a different opinion or lifestyle ( Homosexuality ) does not give everyone a right to cuss and insult that person. You don't KNOW who they are as a person, you just know that they aren't fantastic at playing whatver they are playing..... and if you hate them, don't hate them for their tag, or there score, hate them because of something they said to you, and the second you want to start trashing on them, do people a favor and either turn off your mic, or mute the person. It's not worth fighting over. That goes for you too, 8 year olds.... if some older guy is giving you hell about your voice... keep on talking, they have a mute command right at their fingertips...

I'm 15, but I feel bad listening to these 12 yo kids getting beashed because they have a squeaky voice... would you go up to a kid on the street and yell at them for their voice being annoying? No, you wouldn't, so leave them alone.

So stop trash talking folks...

It's damn disrespectful, and it makes a horrible example for other live users.

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
When you have a name like that your asking for trouble.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

I must agree with jmartinez1983. It is mainly a bunch of faceless punks that feel real brave especially when they can disconnect and hide. 99% of them wouldn't say no crap like that face to face cuz they don't have the stones to back up all the talk online in real life.

But such is our world unforunately.

nyforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyforlife
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yea no offense he intagonized this by making his name gayboy he knows how people will react to a name like that.................................. but still nobody should be made fun of their race religion or orentation enough said
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

on halo 3.hello8888888888

Theres your answer right there.

Necromancer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Necromancer5
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
Its sad that there are so many stupid ppl on XBL it just ruins the expirience. If they have an opinion about something they don't have to express it in that way. Especially not in a game. I was playing Vegas online and there was this kid playing in our team, and ALLLLL throughout the game they kept making fun of him like WAT THE HELL?! thats just not necesary. I guess thats wat Nintendo noticed about Online gaming TOO MANY PPL DO TOO MANY STUPID THINGS.Friend codes should till be an option though.
zzyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zzyang
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

I must agree with jmartinez1983. It is mainly a bunch of faceless punks that feel real brave especially when they can disconnect and hide. 99% of them wouldn't say no crap like that face to face cuz they don't have the stones to back up all the talk online in real life.

But such is our world unforunately.

hiryu3

You're 100% right.

Avatar image for foolwestcoast33
foolwestcoast33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 foolwestcoast33
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

When you have a name like that your asking for trouble.Vance_009

exactly Im pretty sure you can report him for abuse because of his gamertag some people like that love the idea of attention and ya so what he's gay I dont care but theres no reason you should have a ridiculous name like that if you get on live have a regular gamertag and dont say you're homesexual nobodys gonna care

lsny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lsny
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts

Insulting insults? How very mean.

Most people don't deserve any better, to be honest...we don't need humanists - no help for the helpless.

Regarding the "Only British gamers" comment. That's a silly thing to say - last time I checked Americans held the title for incorrigible religious bigotry.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts

Yeah there are jerks on Live but this video is makes it look worse than it is because

1) With a Gamertag like gayboy you're asking to be made fun of and this is common sense to anyone who has ever played at least one game online on any console.

2) He's playing Halo 3

And I also think that saying an ENTIRE community such as XBL are all homophobic bigots based off a few certain people is stupid. If you consider how large XBL those few people probably don't even count for .10% of the people on XBL

andrewhateme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 andrewhateme
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
So you were on youtube looking for gay videos and u stumbled on to this and u say your not gay hmmm
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]

Generic_Dude

QFT, but with all due respect, homosexuality isn't the most historically respected lifestyle path. It's in direct opposition to every major world religion, after all.

Major religions like the Catholic church and it's laundry list of sexual abuse charges filed against many if it's own priests? sure people speak out against homosexuallity, but the world isn't simply black and white.

Idaho Senator Larry Craig knows that to be true. He has been a long time opponent of gay marriage and other gay rights issues, yet he recently pleaded guilty to a sex-related misdemeanor after sexually propositioning a man in a subway bathroom.

Regardless of whether homosexuallity is accepted or not, the kind of slander in that you-tube video is blatantly unacceptable, and saying that homosexuallity isn't historically respected doesn't excuse abuse like that.

Avatar image for kingyof2thjring
kingyof2thjring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingyof2thjring
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
once some guys were making fun of someone called "jupak" i don't know some jew jokes i cant' remember i thoughtit was uncalled for
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Scarface, love the avitar.
cigsmokingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 cigsmokingman

Xbox live is laughably ridiculous. Sure, it's fun when you don't have friends over to play against, but some people take it too far. All it is, is a bunch of nerdy,prepubescent, immature brats who say whatever cusswords, racial/sexual slurs, and any other degrading thing they can, just because they can and it makes them feel cool. Their parents aren't around, and they're not good at anything else so they feel like BAMFs once they strap on that headset.

I have been in games where someone will just randomly say "Effing Jews" or "Effing (insert racial slur for blacks)". I would be more upset if it wasn't coming from some wannabe bada$$ 12 year old. It just makes them look stupid.

On the other hand, the name "gayboy" itself is obviously someone looking for a reaction. If you're gay that's great, but nobody cares. And if you're looking for special attention or a reaction like he was, you're sure to get it.

canerac1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 canerac1234
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
That video is so funny, i added it to my favourites and gave it 5 stars!!
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I recently watched a youtube video where a guy with a gamertag of xxxgayboyxxx entered multiplayer matches. He only said hello or veto certain maps on halo 3. What he recieved was a barrage of homophobic and insulting insults by players. He recorded 2 minutes and forty-three seconds of video in which he did not provoke or respond to any of the insults. He did not include rampant team killing and party booting from his "team." What is wrong with these people? Are all xbox live suscribers homophobic bigots? I am NOT gay but that doesn't mean I insult and ridicule them. Am I alone in this? Or do other people feel outraged at this. I think he should send it to bungie. Look for yourself. search xxxgayboyxxx on youtube.hello8888888888
Well that person had it coming so I have no sympathy for him for having a gt like that. On a side note replying to the topic title, yes I am a mean gamer I get****** off a lot at people on xbox live. :@ I'm NOT gay 100%straight man.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
its just like real life imo, some people are dumb a**'s and other people are koo, but i think some people just like to argue and piss other people off... reasons why???? idk your guess is as good as mine. but over all most arent "mean" but if you flat out suck at a game then i can under stand why some people will b****
Avatar image for Radiohead_KID_A
Radiohead_KID_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Radiohead_KID_A
dude with a name like that your gonna be made fun of we still live in that kinda world and that guy should have really seen it coming
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I'm amazed at the amount of blatantly homophobic posts in this thread. I suppose it's easier to hide behind a keboard and be a mouthy nobody rather than treat people like people.

Yeah, he did invite the attack to an extent, but the fact that he recorded it shows me he wanted it to happen to show just how homophobic many people are on XBL. It just kind of showed just how many inbred back-woods hill-billies are still breeding, and supplying their kids with X-Box 360's and teaching them how to hate for no reason.

Welcome to X-Box live everyone! You'd better be a straight white christian, or I'll pwn your a**.

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

Only the British gamersTheGrayEye

Actually us British gamers a rather tolerbale of homo-sexuals

Us brits tend to only defend our selves from ignorent Americans and their shout of OMG!! DUDE ITS A BRITISHFA*G OMG!!

zzyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zzyang

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]Only the British gamersukillwegrill

Us brits tend to only defend our selves from ignorent Americans and their shout of OMG!! DUDE ITS A BRITISHFA*G OMG!!

Yeah. Unfortunately, Americans make fun of you British guys alot. But I only done it when I was a kid. I've grown out of it. :P

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ukillwegrill
[QUOTE="ukillwegrill"]

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]Only the British gamerszzyang

Yeah. Unfortunately, Americans make fun of you British guys alot. But I only done it when I was a kid. I've grown out of it. :P

Meh were cool, plus being british has its distinct advantages e.g. for some reason american girls like the accent :D

zzyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zzyang
Yeah. And you can't really say you speak good English unless you speak it like an English-man.
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ukillwegrill

to correclty speak the queens english one must partake in reguler tea drinkin sessions coupled with watching the local cricket match

splendidif i dosay so myself

dolph_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dolph_666
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

just watched the video and thought it was pretty funny. apart from the threat of actual physical harm (which was completely out of order), it was mostly said light-heartedly.

i mean, he has called himself gayboy after all. if i called myself "handsome dolph" i'd expect to be ripped for it, and probably laugh along with it.

and as far as the british vs american gamers go, the americans are by far the worst. the amount of racist comments i hear from them is unbelievable and uncalled for.us brits just have a joke and a laugh, without trying to get too nasty

farleystamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 farleystamm
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
The solution to this one is easy, dont call yourself xxxgayboyxxx.
Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#37 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
we are all bigots duh...welcome to the new millenium
zzyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zzyang

to correclty speak the queens english one must partake in reguler tea drinkin sessions coupled with watching the local cricket match

splendidif i dosay so myself

ukillwegrill

I'll try that. =)

seriousgamer20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 seriousgamer20
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
There are more racist people then homophobic people on xbox live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Blasphemy i made this topic first! Lol but yeah i hate those bastards
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I realy really really really really really really really....REALLY!!!!!!....Hate most people I run into on LIVE. In all honesty, I shouldnt have to MUTE people or have to mess with kicking people for foul language. Its not my job. Its MS job. I know its the internet and there is not much that can be done.

I get so tired of the cursing....I normally have to kick my kids out of the game room when I go online as you never know whats gonna come out of some of these HOODLIMS immature sick, childish , street thug wannabe's mouths...If only I could get my hands on some of them!!!

There im done...Now bust my chops for speaking my mind.

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
Okay so you basically saw an edited tape of one guy playing one game and are basing the entire xbl experience on that?
quesadia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 quesadia
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

yeah there's alot of a-holes out there but you have to mute and ignore them. i must admit I do a little trash talking but I dont just go around insulting everyone i mostly defend myself against those ignorant folks.

hello8888888888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hello8888888888

So you were on youtube looking for gay videos and u stumbled on to this and u say your not gay hmmmandrewhateme

Real Mature. Actually, I was on cheatplanet.com and they were reporting on this. If you dont like it, then you can leave...

hello8888888888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hello8888888888
I just want to clarify. I was going to post it "why are xbox live gamers so freaking homophobic?" However, it blocked that out of my topic title. I love xbl. But this pissed me off. I am not insulting the gamers, just the bigots who can't deal with the fact that some people are different. I mean, seriously, they are PEOPLE!!!!!
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i just laugh at the little kids that think their tuff online. once on halo 3 i had my emblem as a heart sombody said come on scott don't be **** i didn't hear the rest but he wanted to do 2v2 i just laughed at that i didnot take that sersously.
Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
[QUOTE="zzyang"][QUOTE="ukillwegrill"]

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]Only the British gamersukillwegrill

Meh were cool, plus being british has its distinct advantages e.g. for some reason american girls like the accent :D

technicality, Americans are british (if you know your history)..
gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
I think its that most people that do do that kind of stuff lack self esteem and confidence in real life so they can just act "tough" online becuase they never have to worry about it in real life. It's really sad..... That or there just a**holes, plain and simple. Or ignorant/intollerant
gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
[QUOTE="ukillwegrill"][QUOTE="zzyang"][QUOTE="ukillwegrill"]

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]Only the British gamersJayesler12

yea, even i love the british accent, wish i had it :'( I envy you my good sir
aimxplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aimxplode
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

I recently watched a youtube video where a guy with a gamertag of xxxgayboyxxx entered multiplayer matches. He only said hello or veto certain maps on halo 3. What he recieved was a barrage of homophobic and insulting insults by players. He recorded 2 minutes and forty-three seconds of video in which he did not provoke or respond to any of the insults. He did not include rampant team killing and party booting from his "team." What is wrong with these people? Are all xbox live suscribers homophobic bigots? I am NOT gay but that doesn't mean I insult and ridicule them. Am I alone in this? Or do other people feel outraged at this. I think he should send it to bungie. Look for yourself. search xxxgayboyxxx on youtube. hello8888888888

lol..Queer. If he doesnt want to be called butt pirate and teamkilled, KEEP YOUR SEXUALITY TO YOURSELF. God damn queers think they have to tell the world. I wish I was in a game with him..lol.