The Official Zephyr / Elite (Xbox 360 Version 2) Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts

*Link a Fied...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13097/Xbox-360-Elite-Manufacturing-Photos/

gamespotcrazy
interesting... i dont really care all that much, im happy with my current 360
Avatar image for lukasz_erecinsk
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 lukasz_erecinsk
Member since 2004 • 1235 Posts
Why is it so hard to believe that there will be a new version of the xbox 360? those pictures are real - no doubt ...
jimmysCY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 jimmysCY
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
i have one question,if this version is for real,then when will it hit the markets?
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
never cus its not xD and those pictures are of a black 360 WTF does that proove? that you can buy a shell?
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 My_2c
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
never cus its not xD and those pictures are of a black 360 WTF does that proove? that you can buy a shell?STABW0UND
I am taging you for future ownage , you have given people heaps about this and when it is out and belive me it will be , OMG you will want to hide.
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 My_2c
o i
Why is it so hard to believe that there will be a new version of the xbox 360? those pictures are real - no doubt ...lukasz_erecinsk
Because people are either blind or just jelious , i think it is the latter to be honest.
stempler69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 stempler69
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts
i have one question,if this version is for real,then when will it hit the markets?jimmysCY
I was just at gamestop earlier today and they had an advertisement of the same article being posted up around here. I asked the guy if it was really coming out because I heard it was an april fools joke. He said that microsoft hadn't said much about it, but they did say that it was coming out at the end of next month...
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 STABW0UND
Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"]Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?

Link to your source ... ?
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 My_2c
Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?STABW0UND
Ms never say anything till the last min you should know that , and it is everyone saying it is comming not just one or 2 places. And that quote is from e3 so that was ages ago. If you have a recent link show it ...........waiting.
trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
anybody who buys a elite 360 will just be wasting money, unless it's your 1st 360. geez if people really want a black 360 paint it black hahahahaha
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 My_2c
I never said i was going to buy one i am just sick of people saying it is not comming out, i was going to get one untill i found out that the 65nm chip won't be in it. So i will wait for that one to come out.
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"]Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?My_2c
Ms never say anything till the last min you should know that , and it is everyone saying it is comming not just one or 2 places. And that quote is from e3 so that was ages ago. If you have a recent link show it ...........waiting.

I think that, in fact, there was a guy that confirmed it by mistake (a MS rep.) Here is the link : http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13092/Microsoft-Accidentally-Confirms-Xbox-360-Elite/
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 My_2c
[QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?lukasz_erecinsk

I think that, in fact, there was a guy that confirmed it by mistake (a MS rep.) Here is the link : http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13092/Microsoft-Accidentally-Confirms-Xbox-360-Elite/

Yeah i did hear about that lol pretty much says it all. But you will still get people saying oh that could mean anything.
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="lukasz_erecinsk"][QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]Rumored 360 upgrade turns out false Disappointment abounds for 360 owners as we hear the truth from Microsoft about a supposed hard drive upgrade for the device. It now seems that Microsoft will not offer such an upgrade, at least not in the near future. They said it rather curtly, too Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced. That really is a shame, considering the limitations the stock HDDs already can bring. Of course, if you don't mind voiding your warranty... Most curiously is how quickly it was dismissed. ownt?My_2c

Yeah i did hear about that lol pretty much says it all. But you will still get people saying oh that could mean anything.

I dont understand how you can doubt this rumor - taking into account the pictures that the pictures from the production line surfaced - that did the trick for me (NB the date on the pictures somehow correlates with the first flood of new information). Besides, this is a rumor that has been resurfacing for a while, hence I am convinced that it is true. Yet, I am not so certain about the unconfirmed release-date which is claimed to be at the end of this month..... that seems unlikely, taking into account that MS will be willing to prepare the market for their new toy. Then again, I am conscious of the losses in sales MS will see if they announce the new unit now - stores are still stocked up on the premium, with new units flooding in every week ...
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 My_2c
Because people will doubt it no matter what, there is ment to be some big announcement here tomorrow , or today guess we will wait and see. http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13090/...-on-Wednesday/
Zombie_Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#167 Zombie_Soldier
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
I don't have an HDTV...well it says I do but it isn't widesreen and that. Would it really make a difference for me, to get the new one? I'm not talking about the new colour and the new harddrive, I'm talking bout the HDMI port. Would it make a difference since the 360 can't support my tv on HD?
Zoobaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#168 Zoobaz
Member since 2003 • 2632 Posts
no diffrence, just get the hard drive upgrade
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lukasz_erecinsk
I don't have an HDTV...well it says I do but it isn't widesreen and that. Would it really make a difference for me, to get the new one? I'm not talking about the new colour and the new harddrive, I'm talking bout the HDMI port. Would it make a difference since the 360 can't support my tv on HD?Zombie_Soldier
Difficult to say .... since we know little about it .... there will be an announcement by MS tomorrow in this regard - figgure it out then
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts
I never said i was going to buy one i am just sick of people saying it is not comming out, i was going to get one untill i found out that the 65nm chip won't be in it. So i will wait for that one to come out.My_2c
Where did you hear that the 65nm chip will not be in the Elite? The Dean Takahashi blog? Never in that does he say the Elite will not have 65nm, just that the full line conversion is not complete yet, that doesn't mean the Elite won't debut the new chip processing. I've already said it in this thread, but it would be an incredibly inefficient move not to use the 65nm, either that or wait for the 65nm to release the Elite, otherwise it's a moronic move to redesign the motherboard and internal placement just for a few months of a larger chip design. If you have another source, please provide a link, since this is the only source people seem to quote as the reason the 65nm will not be in the Elite.
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Schumi7WDC
anybody who buys a elite 360 will just be wasting money, unless it's your 1st 360. geez if people really want a black 360 paint it black hahahahahatrickazzmark
Painting it black doesn't make it a limited edition model which history has shown always hold up very well in terms of resellablity. Also, anybody that downloads any decent amount of HD content from live will see the need to have a bigger HDD, I have less than a gig left and there is a lot I would like to download. And how is it a waste of money to buy a system that in theory have righted some of the wrongs of the first generation of systems. If the thing is cooler, more stable more reliable, and runs more consistently, it's going to be a more enjoyable ownership experience, and possibly save people money down the line from having to replace a system 2 or 3 years down the lne because it's out of warranty and busted. You clearly either don't know what your saying or haven't thought out your point very well. I'm not saying it's worth it for you, but you said "anybody" which means "everybody" and that is so far from the truth it isn't funny. It is very worth it for some and not a waste of money.
DeathMob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172 DeathMob
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts
Anyone know if they changed the hardware inside? My cousin and I were talking about this and he mentioned they might have added smaller components to fight the overheating problems.Slaide69
They said after the Elite sells out the premiums will be replaced with the elites hardware, which is supposed to be less likely to break.
L0kii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 L0kii
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts
So, I have a question. I just got my 360 and now this new one is coming out and thats a little annoying... But will this xbox connect to a regular TV without HDMI inputs or is HDMI the main cord for the elite
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
So, I have a question. I just got my 360 and now this new one is coming out and thats a little annoying... But will this xbox connect to a regular TV without HDMI inputs or is HDMI the main cord for the eliteL0kii
The hdmi is an extra port it still has the normal a/v port.
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
So, I have a question. I just got my 360 and now this new one is coming out and thats a little annoying... But will this xbox connect to a regular TV without HDMI inputs or is HDMI the main cord for the eliteL0kii
It has them both
L0kii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 L0kii
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I think I may return mine and wait until this one comes out...
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ccgod
Wow, that sucks. I think I may return mine and wait until this one comes out...L0kii
I'm gonna get it too along with a 22"wide screen HDMI monitor
Cloverz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Cloverz7
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-32162.aspx Since no one has posted it here stay tuned, My personal prediction is the elite confirmation and halo 3 beta
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="Cloverz7"]http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-32162.aspx Since no one has posted it here stay tuned, My personal prediction is the elite confirmation and halo 3 beta

Nice, it seems like it goes down during the next two days.... i hope the source is correct, and that the Elite will be announced during the 48hrs
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloverz7"]http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-32162.aspx Since no one has posted it here stay tuned, My personal prediction is the elite confirmation and halo 3 beta

I just want a confirmed date (hopefully the very end of april/early may) and price ($479 is fine for me but less is always better) for the elite.
ArabSolja99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ArabSolja99
Member since 2006 • 1630 Posts
yah yah, seems great and all, but i doubt im gonna get it, stick to my AWESOME 360 8)
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="angelfly"][QUOTE="Cloverz7"]http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-32162.aspx Since no one has posted it here stay tuned, My personal prediction is the elite confirmation and halo 3 beta

I just want a confirmed date (hopefully the very end of april/early may) and price ($479 is fine for me but less is always better) for the elite.

And I hope that it will be sold world-wide straight at from the start
o0George0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 o0George0o
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts
im gonna get it as my 1st 360 because i will need the extra HDD space.  but i really hope they aren't in limited supply because i think MS would make more money if the didn't
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 STABW0UND
haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ccgod
haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD STABW0UND
so what do u call an ID card.....
spchamp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 spchamp1
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts
Now this 360 Elite is supposedly going to have HDMI capability. Does this mean that those of us withough HDMI tv's are screwed, or will it have the same type of connection from the back of the console, but just be packaged with HDMI cables?
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lukasz_erecinsk
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD ccgod

Lol, nice one .... P.S. besides, learn how to spell (or, to be precise, construct sentences) before you join a thread and post an nonconstructive opinion. People here are discussing the Elite basing their observations on findings, pics. vids etc. - in other words on evidence. What evidence do you have, in regard to the Elite, which are capable of overshadowing those detailed pictures posted by other people?
Cloverz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Cloverz7
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
I totally agree lukasz_erecinsk
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ccgod
Now this 360 Elite is supposedly going to have HDMI capability. Does this mean that those of us withough HDMI tv's are screwed, or will it have the same type of connection from the back of the console, but just be packaged with HDMI cables?spchamp1
it will have both
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD ccgod

ever heard of a fake id?
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Schumi7WDC
Now this 360 Elite is supposedly going to have HDMI capability. Does this mean that those of us withough HDMI tv's are screwed, or will it have the same type of connection from the back of the console, but just be packaged with HDMI cables?spchamp1
You will be fine, they are just adding an HDMI port to the back of the console, much like what the PS3 did. It will still have the regular connection options of component and composite and of course VGA. The only way some people will get slightly screwed, is if you have an SDTV with component hookups, or an HDTV that supports 720p or 1080i but does not have an HDMI port. You may get slightly screwed because the Elite is rumored to have an HDMI cable with it much like the premium includes the component cables, so if you buy the Elite but do not have HDMI options, you may need to go and buy component cables or what have you.
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ccgod
[QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD STABW0UND

ever heard of a fake id?

yea i arrest people that have them
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD ccgod

ever heard of a fake id?

then arrest the people with black shells on the 360 :D
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 My_2c
[QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD STABW0UND

ever heard of a fake id?

Kiss my ass you are mine now. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/mar07/03-27Xbox360ElitePR.mspx
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD My_2c

ever heard of a fake id?

Kiss my ass you are mine now. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/mar07/03-27Xbox360ElitePR.mspx

i see more words and fake pictures -.-
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 My_2c
you really are ummm .............
dwells4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dwells4life
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts
New pictures of the Elite, Real ones not manufacture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/sets/72157600031749742/
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 My_2c
[QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"]haha you guys believe anything because if a picture and some text xD STABW0UND

ever heard of a fake id?

i see more words and fake pictures -.-

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/default.mspx
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

Well, it's now official. Elite is coming! -->http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 STABW0UND

Well, it's now official. Elite is coming! -->http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Severed_Hand
nothing from gamespot is "offical"