The Official Zephyr / Elite (Xbox 360 Version 2) Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 My_2c
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.
LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
I want there to be premium white version so that i can sneak it in the house to replace my other system.  girlfriend will get mad if i buy the same system again. 
-Saul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 -Saul
Member since 2006 • 1072 Posts
I just read more rumours on a Dutch site. Apperently, it will be called Xbox 360 Elite and it will only be available for a limited amount of time and limited units available. It's suppose to launch in April/May and in September it should be sold out and Microsoft would go back to original Xbox 360 Premium packages.
-Saul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 -Saul
Member since 2006 • 1072 Posts

I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.My_2c

Err... Microsoft denied this thing exists. Selling you're X360 based on a rumour isn't very wise if you ask me. 

My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 My_2c

[QUOTE="My_2c"]I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.-Saul

Err... Microsoft denied this thing exists. Selling you're X360 based on a rumour isn't very wise if you ask me. 

LOl well it is not like they are going to admit it when they want to shift old stock. Do you hear the pin drop , the fact is the launch system is crap was very unhappy with it. If you are happy thats great but to me it was loud .fan and drive and just not up to scratch.I will wait till they fix it , and yes it may not be a zepher but there will be a updated 360 bank on it.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="-Saul"]

[QUOTE="My_2c"]I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.My_2c

LOl well it is not like they are going to admit it when they want to shift old stock. Do you hear the pin drop , the fact is the launch system is crap was very unhappy with it. If you are happy thats great but to me it was loud .fan and drive and just not up to scratch.I will wait till they fix it , and yes it may not be a zepher but there will be a updated 360 bank on it.

I've been waiting for what feels like forever for the price cuts and redesign to come out. I mean, it's been going so long I've picked up an HDTV and Gears of War. I'm probably going to pick up GRAW before the week is out, so I'll be sitting on games when I finally do pick up the box.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
[QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="-Saul"]

[QUOTE="My_2c"]I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.subrosian

I've been waiting for what feels like forever for the price cuts and redesign to come out. I mean, it's been going so long I've picked up an HDTV and Gears of War. I'm probably going to pick up GRAW before the week is out, so I'll be sitting on games when I finally do pick up the box.

You bought games before you bought a console??
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="-Saul"]

[QUOTE="My_2c"]I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.2largeadults

You bought games before you bought a console??

Yeah I got Gears for $40, it's still shrink-wrapped with the reciept, I can take it back until March 27th and get all my money back. I figure we should be hearing something (maybe) about the 360 price drop so then I'll be able to hang onto it.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
If this system does exist, I'd really want to know about the quality of the HDMI cable that's included. I know Sony shipped the 60gb PS3 with a really really crappy HDMI cable, and I've seen that the top quality HDMI cables can run upwards of 150-170 bucks. The higher price is definitely more justifiable if the cable is high quality, but I hope they don't just toss some crappy cable in there.
kk29j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kk29j
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
If the Elite contains an updated motherboard with a more efficient CPU, then yes I will buy it. Even if it has a 40 gig hard drive and no HD. Fact is the new one is not supposed to have an HD DVD anyways, they are way too expensive. I do not even care about HDMI, if you have a 1080p TV then that might be sort of important.
haste2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 haste2099
Member since 2003 • 340 Posts

well asuming that the zephyr is real i would sell my current 360 to get it seeing that the current 360 is a peice of junk in my opinion thats cause ive been through 3 360's already im just hoping that the zephyr fixes all these technical issuse with the current 360 im tired of sending it off for " repairs ".

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
any word yet on if their will be the black controller for sale?
Syco_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Syco_D
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
AHHHHHHHH Ok i have a couple of questions and some info. I dont own a 360, i want one tho. 1 why is the hd dvd thing so important ? 2 Should i Get a Zephyr/elite 360 or the reg 360? cuz the reg 360 suppose to go down by $50.00. Bigger Harddrive good excellet WHen i do get a 360 what games shud i get ? I was thinking of getting call of duty 3 or crackdown or Gears of war or lost planet or a couple of xbox games ? WHat shud i do ?:)
Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
[QUOTE="My_2c"][QUOTE="-Saul"]

[QUOTE="My_2c"]I carn't wait for this to come out , it is the reason i sold my launch console, bring it on. Will the 65mm chips be in this one.subrosian

I think I just might do the same. I'm dying over here for a 360 but I'd hate to go out and buy a Premium and then 6 months later they come out with a better deal.
GoddBless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GoddBless
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
Here are some pics of the 360 Elite: http://www.consolas.com/noticias/937/galeria/ If I get a bigger HDTV I may pick this up. A lot of my friends are gonna get this thing because they buy a lot of HD movies off of the Marketplace. Even some friends who don't have a 360 yet are thinking of getting one for the movie downloads alone. I guess that's what happens when you spend your tax refund on 42" - 52" inch 1080p televisions.
Avatar image for lukasz_erecinsk
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 lukasz_erecinsk
Member since 2004 • 1235 Posts
I am mad as hell that they I got my current one without waiting ....
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#68 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
april foolsGator08
^ agrees
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 My_2c
[QUOTE="Gator08"]april foolsVexx88
^ agrees

For a level 28 u arn't to smart r u, why is it so hard to belive there will be a updated 360 in a diff colour. How many ps2 are they up too, version 14 or something ?
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Hey i dont know if this was posted yet but check this out. http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/7AECD830-47E7-489F-B42C-86EBA64ACB99.htm
Ware_Wolfe_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ware_Wolfe_X
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13078/Xbox-360-Elite-Pictures-Fake-or-Real-You-Decide/

Has some interesting pics. Fake or real?

Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="Gator08"]april foolsMy_2c
^ agrees

For a level 28 u arn't to smart r u, why is it so hard to belive there will be a updated 360 in a diff colour. How many ps2 are they up too, version 14 or something ?

It's looking legitimate to me. Especially with the link that Kool-Aids provided ( http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/7AECD830-47E7-489F-B42C-86EBA64ACB99.htm )
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 My_2c
go away troll you should know better reported :-)
Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Korubi
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
I don't really buy those pics. If they are real, that color black looks kind of...off. I can't quite place why, but it just looks weird. It's more of a "flat" black which makes it look weird. I think it'd look better with a much darker black. Well, we'll see official pictures soon enough, right?
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
As long as it's not glossy black.
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
As long as it's not glossy black.Gregoroth
Well, I would enjoy glossy black, but I would rather like a 360 in another color, not necessarily something like black or white...
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
[QUOTE="Gregoroth"]As long as it's not glossy black.Viennoiserie
Well, I would enjoy glossy black, but I would rather like a 360 in another color, not necessarily something like black or white...

Agreed. I personally would have liked matt silver. That would have looked great, especially the controllers.
SKHuskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SKHuskie
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts

Can we expect an decrease in price for the Premium if this is released?

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

If this system does exist, I'd really want to know about the quality of the HDMI cable that's included. I know Sony shipped the 60gb PS3 with a really really crappy HDMI cable, and I've seen that the top quality HDMI cables can run upwards of 150-170 bucks. The higher price is definitely more justifiable if the cable is high quality, but I hope they don't just toss some crappy cable in there.jmartinez1983

Ok, I had to comment on this, I've heard from multiple places that the "crappy hdmi cable" thing is BS. You can buy a decent HDMI cable for cheap from places around the net.

"Don't pay hundreds of dollars for "premium-grade" cables, though. Inexpensive cables at Best Buy, RadioShack, and other stores should be fine, and they cost less. A 6-foot cable is adequate for most setups and won't leave a tangle of extra wiring." - Consumer Reports.  It always makes me laugh when I think about those A-holes at Best Buy who try to get people to buy the most expensive cables they sell.

Check out http://www.monoprice.com/ for HDMI cables that work fine and are under $10.

Now, about the PS3, it doesn't even come with HDMI cables PERIOD.

About the "X360 Elite" I'll believe it when I see something official, but if it is true, I won't be buying one just yet.  My premium works just fine thank you.  I wouldn't mind having a bigger HD though... I could put more albums on there instead of constantly updating my 1gig mp3 player.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]If this system does exist, I'd really want to know about the quality of the HDMI cable that's included. I know Sony shipped the 60gb PS3 with a really really crappy HDMI cable, and I've seen that the top quality HDMI cables can run upwards of 150-170 bucks. The higher price is definitely more justifiable if the cable is high quality, but I hope they don't just toss some crappy cable in there.buuzer0

Ok, I had to comment on this, I've heard from multiple places that the "crappy hdmi cable" thing is BS. You can buy a decent HDMI cable for cheap from places around the net.

"Don't pay hundreds of dollars for "premium-grade" cables, though. Inexpensive cables at Best Buy, RadioShack, and other stores should be fine, and they cost less. A 6-foot cable is adequate for most setups and won't leave a tangle of extra wiring." - Consumer Reports. It always makes me laugh when I think about those A-holes at Best Buy who try to get people to buy the most expensive cables they sell.

Check out http://www.monoprice.com/ for HDMI cables that work fine and are under $10.

About the "X360 Elite" I'll believe it when I see something official, but if it is true, I won't be buying one just yet. My premium works just fine thank you. I wouldn't mind having a bigger HD though... I could put more albums on there instead of constantly updating my 1gig mp3 player.

you are a smoking a rock. lets see. i buy a 52 inch 1080p sharp lcd, a sony dream system for sound. but, yet im too cheap to buy hdmi cables.  your really must be dumb. what person is'nt going to spend the money on HDMI cables. thats the whole point of your connection to get the best pitcure. hav'nt you heard you get what you pay for. this message is for people who actually own these items. if you already spent the money to go that far and hav'nt got the cables, you already have spent the money so,  the odds are in your favor to get the maxmium return on your investment to buy the best cables, otherwise would be pointless. best cables are monster hdmi 100 series, sliver leaf 6ft 200 bucks. second best is 800 series copper 6ft 120. theres a small differnce between both. dont waste your time with off brands.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 F1sTDaCuffS
ok, just found out today a better cable came out. 1000series 24k gold leaf 8ft hdmi cable for 200 bucks. gas infused zero interference, 32bit color. i will be upgrading today.
Avatar image for joeblofromidaho
joeblofromidaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 joeblofromidaho
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

one thing to remember is the price of HD televisions will keep coming down.  A year ago when the 360 launched 1080p probably seemed farther away.  I just think Microsoft is giving us the option to have peak resolution since HD is quickly becoming the norm.  Sixaxis this Sony!

im gonna have to say this myth is busted!

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#84 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
yeah, game informer sucks at photoshop
LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

I am mad as hell that they I got my current one without waiting .... lukasz_erecinsk

me too, i feel a little jipped

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
im annoyed, a big hard drive and colour chaneg wouldnt bother me, even a cooler CPU but if better quality graphics..thats too much thats really annoying.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I am so angry right now! Why you ask? Well I have gone through two defective 360s (they had hardware failures and was not user error), right now my "new" replacement unit is just a refurb that came with scratches and has a different and very noticeable light shade of grey on the plastic vent pieces on the top and bottom of the case instead of the usual dark and metalic grey on the hardrive, and not to mention it is extremely loud (louder than my two previous ones). I wanted HDMI and a bigger hardrive and if it was available before I bought my premium version I would have bought the elite. Now even if I do buy the elite version I have to somehow get rid of my old one and if I want to make my accessories match (which I do because I am picky that way) I have to buy a new wi-fi connector, wireless headset, extra controller and Xbox live vision camera. I am also enraged about the price point because you get a much better console with more features for only $80 more than the premium and if you want just the hardrive you will have to pay over $150 and you still wont have HDMI. Bottom line is that I hope they do not release this because it will make many more like myself very very angry.2largeadults
I don't think they're re-releasing a black wi-fi adapter, black wireless headset, black controllers (other than the ones packaged with the system), and a black Xbox Live vision camera. According to all the articles I've read, it states that the black theme is a limited time thing. After the initial batch is sold out, the HDMI port, 65 nm chip, and upgraded hard drive will be offered in the same cases that are offered right now. If you wait until the initial shipments are out, you won't have to rebuy everything. Although i admit, black is a much cooler (and now, rarer) color for the system!

Yeah if it is real I would want the black, but I guess I could wait for the white versions (assuming that the Elite is real).  Also I am following up with my 360 trouble.  Today I found out that the right or top socket for the USB (depending on which way you have it setup) on the front of the console is burned out and will not work if you plug anything in; however the rest of the USB's do, but I am thinking I might put my 3 year warranty to good use.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#88 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
I have a question about them phasing out the premium 360. Will the "new" premium be sold at the zephyr price? Or after the limited edition $479 will the price go back down to $399? I only ask because we already have one overly expensive console on the market. We don't need MS to slowly raise the price to match. Hell, price is one of the biggest advantages MS has right now.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#89 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"]

[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]If this system does exist, I'd really want to know about the quality of the HDMI cable that's included. I know Sony shipped the 60gb PS3 with a really really crappy HDMI cable, and I've seen that the top quality HDMI cables can run upwards of 150-170 bucks. The higher price is definitely more justifiable if the cable is high quality, but I hope they don't just toss some crappy cable in there.F1sTDaCuffS

"Don't pay hundreds of dollars for "premium-grade" cables, though. Inexpensive cables at Best Buy, RadioShack, and other stores should be fine, and they cost less. A 6-foot cable is adequate for most setups and won't leave a tangle of extra wiring." - Consumer Reports. It always makes me laugh when I think about those A-holes at Best Buy who try to get people to buy the most expensive cables they sell.

About the "X360 Elite" I'll believe it when I see something official, but if it is true, I won't be buying one just yet. My premium works just fine thank you. I wouldn't mind having a bigger HD though... I could put more albums on there instead of constantly updating my 1gig mp3 player.

you are a smoking a rock. lets see. i buy a 52 inch 1080p sharp lcd, a sony dream system for sound. but, yet im too cheap to buy hdmi cables.  your really must be dumb. what person is'nt going to spend the money on HDMI cables. thats the whole point of your connection to get the best pitcure. hav'nt you heard you get what you pay for. this message is for people who actually own these items. if you already spent the money to go that far and hav'nt got the cables, you already have spent the money so,  the odds are in your favor to get the maxmium return on your investment to buy the best cables, otherwise would be pointless. best cables are monster hdmi 100 series, sliver leaf 6ft 200 bucks. second best is 800 series copper 6ft 120. theres a small differnce between both. dont waste your time with off brands.

It's your money. If that's how you want to spend it then that's cool. Just be a smart shopper about it and don't believe what you're told by the retailers. And a lot of times you pay a lot more for something just because of the brand it carries and not necessarily because the quality is better.

I was at radio shack a few years back looking to buy a DVI cable for my new PC. The line I got from the salesman was pretty similar to what you wrote. He said that since I spent X amount on my setup I shouldn't be cheap on the cables. He wanted to sell me one that was over $100. As if the monster cable was so much better than anything else on the market. He couldn't tell me anything about the quality. He said that it was better because it cost more. Of course I left without a purchase.

The moral of the story is doesn't judge a product by it's price. Look at it's quality and compare. If it's truly the best, buy it. If it's not look somewhere else. Just don't assume that quality and price are synonymous.

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

I have a question about them phasing out the premium 360. Will the "new" premium be sold at the zephyr price? Or after the limited edition $479 will the price go back down to $399? I only ask because we already have one overly expensive console on the market. We don't need MS to slowly raise the price to match. Hell, price is one of the biggest advantages MS has right now. brianpoetzel

Thats how I understood it. It would be a poor decision to rasie the price of an aging console and not lower it, no matter what features are added. I'm waiting for the $400 white elite. I could care less about color.

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
[QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]yeah, game informer sucks at photoshop

why would MS give them a console or pictures of one if they themselves havent't confirmed anything yet. Jebus..
CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
its not even confirmed yet
Avatar image for SicsStringFreak
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SicsStringFreak
Member since 2003 • 1679 Posts
I really don't get it. If Microsoft really have created this "Zephyr" then why is it such a big secret? Why release a $400+ system and not say anything?AirGuitarist87
my theory is this, there has been a few hardware upgrades in the gpu so that it can do digital, and i think honestly that it will have a compatible specific type of dx10 available for download on it in the future, it could just be high hopes but the timing just seems right, and MS is keeping it silent because they still have a suprise in it, if everything on it was already known then, they would have no need in hiding it.
Avatar image for SicsStringFreak
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SicsStringFreak
Member since 2003 • 1679 Posts
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]I really don't get it. If Microsoft really have created this "Zephyr" then why is it such a big secret? Why release a $400+ system and not say anything?SicsStringFreak
my theory is this, there has been a few hardware upgrades in the gpu so that it can do digital, and i think honestly that it will have a compatible specific type of dx10 available for download on it in the future, it could just be high hopes but the timing just seems right, and MS is keeping it silent because they still have a suprise in it, if everything on it was already known then, they would have no need in hiding it.

thats assuming that it is even real at the moment.
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 F1sTDaCuffS
i just read that mircosoft is only releasing a limted offer of the elite. dang, that means they'll prbly be worth 2x on ebay. 1000k or more.
o0George0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 o0George0o
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts
i know im ganna get it no matter what! and do the 360`s come with the wireless thing?
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
I dont get whats the problem of making another version of the 360.  Sony already says that down the road, theyll have other versions of the ps3 and comparing it to pcs.  So current ps3 owners will probably get mad too once the other version(s) is?are introduced.
o0George0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 o0George0o
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts
I went to ebgames today to consult the store on whether or not the Black 360 was real or just an April Fool's Day joke, they told me that yesterday they had a Microsoft representative come in yesterday to talk to them about it and to basically say that it's coming, the only problem is that ebgames weren't not given a release date, they said it could be next month, but it could also be Christmas.  Doesn't really matter exactly when, just good to know that it is coming.  Course I don't have any real proof to show you but whatever, it eases my mind and that's good enough for me.7CloudStrife7
yeah i heard some other guy say thet a person at best buy told him it was coming so im gonna wait to get a 360