The Broken XBOX 360 Discussion & Help Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AUS_MULISHA_BOY
AUS_MULISHA_BOY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AUS_MULISHA_BOY
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
This has put me right off getting a 360 and i was going to get one this month. And M$ are wondering why their sales are down ? Im just going to wait 6 months and wait and see. Xbox one was an exelent console, you would think M$ (the ppl that build computers) would of built the 360 right.
Zoobaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 Zoobaz
Member since 2003 • 2632 Posts
This has put me right off getting a 360 and i was going to get one this month. And M$ are wondering why their sales are down ? Im just going to wait 6 months and wait and see. Xbox one was an exelent console, you would think M$ (the ppl that build computers) would of built the 360 right.AUS_MULISHA_BOY
Common I had my system since release date, and I was using a corupt media center to red flag my system, besides if your so dissapointed buy a ps3 and see how that turns out for you. Anyone recall the ps2 90% systems in 4 months broke, anyone? Ya good luck. When the 360 comes out with the smaller proccesor that reduces the heat buy it then!
valizotha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 valizotha
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
So ive had my 360 for about 10 days now, and it has worked perfectly, no overheating, no freezing, nothing. But just now i plugged the ethernet cable in so i could subscribe to Xbox LIVE, and i got to the part where it says the console needs to be updated, but in the middle of the update, it froze, now ive tried again and again and it wont even get past the startup part (360 ball rolling around) without freezing, ive even got the system faliure screen with the red lights in the ring of light. Ive tried everything on the xbox.com/suport/ page but its still not working, so im scared to death. HELP!! PLEASE HELP!!!
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
So ive had my 360 for about 10 days now, and it has worked perfectly, no overheating, no freezing, nothing. But just now i plugged the ethernet cable in so i could subscribe to Xbox LIVE, and i got to the part where it says the console needs to be updated, but in the middle of the update, it froze, now ive tried again and again and it wont even get past the startup part (360 ball rolling around) without freezing, ive even got the system faliure screen with the red lights in the ring of light. Ive tried everything on the xbox.com/suport/ page but its still not working, so im scared to death. HELP!! PLEASE HELP!!!valizotha
   Just call MS.  You are still under warranty so there's nothing to be scared of.  Worst comes to worst you are without it for 2 weeks.  Imagine if it was 3 months down the line and they wanted you to cough out $130 to fix it....
DarklySworded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 DarklySworded
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
like me...lol...
ThaStig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ThaStig
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
Ive had my 360 for 9 months..and i never got a warranty..is it too late to get one? Can I even send my 360 to MS anymore?
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 JoelWhy
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
Does anyone know whether MS made any changes to the hardware since the launch date? I know they are planning on putting in new chips, but is there any reason to believe the more recently made systems will be any more reliable than the first batch that came out?
McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
You won't believe it.  Microsoft just called me.

I get this call, and the chick on the other end states here business, saying she's calling in response to the complaint I filed with the 360.  I explain my stance, explaining that any additional purchase to warranty the 360 was insulting, as 2 have broke down on me with in a month.  And all I got was a the canned warranty speech.  "You know sir, we offer an extended service plan, for both a year or two.  EH HUCK!!!"  I couldn't stand for it, and I just went into painstaking detail on how wronged I truly was, pretty much covering everything I ever said in my post history.  At the end, she just wanted me off the phone, with stuff like "We would do anything to make sure you have a working 360" though the price of the warranty was always implied.  I do feel like I can break them though....like a fool, but what else do I gots!  I want a 360, why kid myself, but I want it to WORK, and I want the assurance of the corporation's warranty. And fast. Next week I'm spending a week housesitting with a 50' Samsung hdtv(I was in awe).  And it wants a 360 to play with.
hunterchaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hunterchaw
Member since 2005 • 1100 Posts
[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]

[QUOTE="kevmc"]Id recommend buying an intercooler they're only 20 bucks you can get them at gamestop. 3 extra fans that clip on to the back of the 360. I have had a 360 since launch with no problems and everybody i personally know with 360s (bout 7 others) have had no problems (most have intercoolers)kevmc

I am sorry to say but that is total crap, you shouldnt have to buy an intercooler, it should work fine as it is.

You shouldnt but why not spend an extra 20 dollars and not have to deal with any extra hassles. And even then systems without immediate heating or hardware problems will break a few years down the road. Most consoles will break at some point. They arent meant to last over like 8 years. Why not extend the life of your console? Im just speaking from experience and paying a few dollars for an intercooler is a lot better and proactive than whining on the boards and sending your xbox in.

I have a intercooler and im just now getting red lights, the only problem is just now has only been 2 months.
hunterchaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hunterchaw
Member since 2005 • 1100 Posts
oh and to the person about the controllers, did you try to press the button next to the memory card units, and then press the white button on your controller.
ilovesandrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ilovesandrine
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts

3 red light's on my 360 can anyone help.

x360x360x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 x360x360x

im new to all this 360 stuff i no a lil bit but can some1 help cause i only just got my 360 three days ago and it already froze about two times why is this happening? 

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 crck

im new to all this 360 stuff i no a lil bit but can some1 help cause i only just got my 360 three days ago and it already froze about two times why is this happening? 

x360x360x
Get use to it.  360's freezes alot more then any console I've owned.  But 2 times in 3 days does seem like alot.  But it should be ok unless its freezing with a black screen or graphic glitches.  If thats the case then your system is done.  Go and return it for a new one.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 crck
[QUOTE="ilovesandrine"]

3 red light's on my 360 can anyone help.

[/QUOTE  Try unplugging everything including the harddrive and plugging everything back in.  If you still get the 3 redlights your system is done.  Call MS.
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 JoelWhy

x360x360x
The only advice I can give you is this: if you live in the U.S., BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!
brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
well my 360 is fine, but when its upright with no disc in it the cd tray jams. i have to finger it around to fix it. im returning it this weekend. one word of advice. NEVER BUY A CONSOLE WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
gdayz33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 gdayz33
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts
i was just playing Halo 2, and it froze and a bunch of blue and yellow lines came on the screen and it made like a buzzing sound. i took out the disc and turned it off, and tried turning it back on but i just keep getting the 3 red parts of the ring of light. ive had it since december. anyone else have this problem?
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
i was just playing Halo 2, and it froze and a bunch of blue and yellow lines came on the screen and it made like a buzzing sound. i took out the disc and turned it off, and tried turning it back on but i just keep getting the 3 red parts of the ring of light. ive had it since december. anyone else have this problem?
gdayz33
i had that problem last week, it would freeze with a checkered image on the screen and make a weird buzzing noise just like u said but it would still work, then like 2 days after i got the red lights....i was hella pissed, ive had mine since launch
gdayz33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 gdayz33
[QUOTE="gdayz33"]i was just playing Halo 2, and it froze and a bunch of blue and yellow lines came on the screen and it made like a buzzing sound. i took out the disc and turned it off, and tried turning it back on but i just keep getting the 3 red parts of the ring of light. ive had it since december. anyone else have this problem?
BeanTownBrown86
i had that problem last week, it would freeze with a checkered image on the screen and make a weird buzzing noise just like u said but it would still work, then like 2 days after i got the red lights....i was hella pissed, ive had mine since launch

yeah, cept mine wont work at all...i unplugged everything and plugged em back in, turned it on, and it was starting up okay, and then it froze partway through the logo and got all checkered....good thing i got the EB warranty...bring it in a get a new one. does anyone know if they need me to give them the hard drive with it? or if i can just give them the system?
XHuskersX26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 XHuskersX26
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts

I have had my 360 since august, 8, 06, and just about an hour ago I was playing Saints Row and everything was going fine then all the sudden the game froze. So I restart the 360 and now it wont read any of my 360 games! I't reads music cd's just fine. DVD's and Games it does nothing, I got close to hear if the disc was spinning and the was no sound. WTF I have had the P.O.S for one month in already it breaks. I got it in a well ventilated area its free of dust and smoke. Does anyone know what might be going on? Also how to fix it without having to spend more F-ing money on this. Four Hundred dollars and it only last one month.........WTF

Someone please help.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
Damn, it's scary to read these posts, my girlfriend gets her 360 tomorrow. She bought it used, but it's still under warranty (thank God!) If it's going to break ( which I think it's going to after reading all these posts) I hope it happens when it's still under warranty.
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 JoelWhy

I have had my 360 since august, 8, 06, and just about an hour ago I was playing Saints Row and everything was going fine then all the sudden the game froze. So I restart the 360 and now it wont read any of my 360 games! I't reads music cd's just fine. DVD's and Games it does nothing, I got close to hear if the disc was spinning and the was no sound. WTF I have had the P.O.S for one month in already it breaks. I got it in a well ventilated area its free of dust and smoke. Does anyone know what might be going on? Also how to fix it without having to spend more F-ing money on this. Four Hundred dollars and it only last one month.........WTF

Someone please help.

XHuskersX26
Don't sweat it, you're under warranty. You'll be w/o the console for a while, but it shouldn't cost you any ca$h. Consider yourself lucky -- if your system had been MORE resilient (like mine was) it might have lasted for a few more months, and then you'd be stuck paying for the repairs. In any case, make sure you get the extended warranty. From the scores of posts I've seen on 'fixed' consoles, they don't last any longer than the new ones.
Reznor6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Reznor6666
Jesus after reading this thread, I ain't buying a 360. I was so close buying one yesterday, thank god I didn't.  I'll wait till 360 fixes the bugs if MS ever will.
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JoelWhy
In the past few months, has anyone w/ a console made in NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER sent it in for repairs and then had MS send back that same console? (As opposed to getting a new one or a refurb one from some later date.)
x360x360x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 x360x360x
How much would is be to repair a 360 after warrenty?
gdayz33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 gdayz33
well thank god i got the EB warranty. i just brought back the system and they took a new one right out of a box and gave it to me. best 40 bucks i ever spent.
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 JoelWhy
How much would is be to repair a 360 after warrenty? x360x360x
$140 (plus you have to pay for shipping...I went through USPS, and that cost about $20)
ilovesandrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ilovesandrine
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts
gdayz33
i was playing Halo and it did the same thing than the 3 red light's had mine since march.
gold_elite420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 gold_elite420
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts

I purchased my 360 on launch day.  Last night i was playing saints row for a bit and turned off the console for dinner.  Upon my return i pushed the on button and to my suprise i see three flashing red lights (top and bottom left and lower right).  I turned off the console and unplugged all of the wires and replugged them and still i get the red lights.  I called microsoft and they troubleshooted me threw the same steps but adding that i should try and remove the hard drive, turn on the system, and if it works to turn it off again and replace the hard drive.  This actually worked at first and i was happy has hell until it decided to freeze up on me.  When i restarted it the red lights returned.  What im trying to get at is that they said i was covered under warranty ( i purcharsed it at launch) and that they'll send me a box to send the 360 in for repair.....problem is that my xbox 360 wants to work now..... no matter how many times i turn if off and restart the system i seem to get the standard green ring.  What should i do?  Send it back, call them and ask, or keep it and pretty much wait for it to crash again?  im afraid that if i send it back then they will see that it boots with the green rings and they'll return it to me.  Ive also noticed that my xbox 360 is louder now that it boots up...almost like a loud humming sound coming from the inside.  Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 JoelWhy

I purchased my 360 on launch day.  Last night i was playing saints row for a bit and turned off the console for dinner.  Upon my return i pushed the on button and to my suprise i see three flashing red lights (top and bottom left and lower right).  I turned off the console and unplugged all of the wires and replugged them and still i get the red lights.  I called microsoft and they troubleshooted me threw the same steps but adding that i should try and remove the hard drive, turn on the system, and if it works to turn it off again and replace the hard drive.  This actually worked at first and i was happy has hell until it decided to freeze up on me.  When i restarted it the red lights returned.  What im trying to get at is that they said i was covered under warranty ( i purcharsed it at launch) and that they'll send me a box to send the 360 in for repair.....problem is that my xbox 360 wants to work now..... no matter how many times i turn if off and restart the system i seem to get the standard green ring.  What should i do?  Send it back, call them and ask, or keep it and pretty much wait for it to crash again?  im afraid that if i send it back then they will see that it boots with the green rings and they'll return it to me.  Ive also noticed that my xbox 360 is louder now that it boots up...almost like a loud humming sound coming from the inside.  Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

gold_elite420

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your system will be...how should I put this...uhmmm, did you see Old Yeller? Well, your system will be at peace with Old Yeller very soon. You're console is doing almost EXACTLY what mine did before she croaked. I had actually forgotten about the humming sound until you mentioned it. (If you listen very closely, I think your console's actually humming a funeral hymn.)

Did you buy the extended warranty?

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 crck
[QUOTE="x360x360x"]How much would is be to repair a 360 after warrenty? JoelWhy
$140 (plus you have to pay for shipping...I went through USPS, and that cost about $20)

So MS has raised the price $10 and they dont include shipping anymore?
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 JoelWhy
[QUOTE="JoelWhy"][QUOTE="x360x360x"]How much would is be to repair a 360 after warrenty? crck

So MS has raised the price $10 and they dont include shipping anymore?

Well, I don't know if they pay for shipping or not. When I called tech support, I was told to send in my console. At no point did he bother mentioning that he would be sending me a coffin or a shipping label. So, I sent mine in, and then rec'd the coffin two days later.

But, yes, they've raised the price $10, but I happened to have called the day before the price increase went into effect. The agent on the phone had the nerve to tell me that I was "saving $10." That was another way of saying "we're scr*wing you out of $130 today, but tomorrow, we'll scr*w someone else out of $140. Feel better now?"

xoverkillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#133 xoverkillx
Member since 2005 • 3320 Posts
For those of you guys, that have sent yours in.. How long does it take to get a box? I called them last Tuesday, and I still haven't recieved a box.. Show I call them and ask them whats up? Or is this normal?
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 JoelWhy
For those of you guys, that have sent yours in.. How long does it take to get a box? I called them last Tuesday, and I still haven't recieved a box.. Show I call them and ask them whats up? Or is this normal?xoverkillx
Mine was sent using UPS' "3-day Select" service. Not sure what that means, but it did take about 3 business days. You should have rec'd it by now.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
[QUOTE="gold_elite420"]

I purchased my 360 on launch day. Last night i was playing saints row for a bit and turned off the console for dinner. Upon my return i pushed the on button and to my suprise i see three flashing red lights (top and bottom left and lower right). I turned off the console and unplugged all of the wires and replugged them and still i get the red lights. I called microsoft and they troubleshooted me threw the same steps but adding that i should try and remove the hard drive, turn on the system, and if it works to turn it off again and replace the hard drive. This actually worked at first and i was happy has hell until it decided to freeze up on me. When i restarted it the red lights returned. What im trying to get at is that they said i was covered under warranty ( i purcharsed it at launch) and that they'll send me a box to send the 360 in for repair.....problem is that my xbox 360 wants to work now..... no matter how many times i turn if off and restart the system i seem to get the standard green ring. What should i do? Send it back, call them and ask, or keep it and pretty much wait for it to crash again? im afraid that if i send it back then they will see that it boots with the green rings and they'll return it to me. Ive also noticed that my xbox 360 is louder now that it boots up...almost like a loud humming sound coming from the inside. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

JoelWhy

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your system will be...how should I put this...uhmmm, did you see Old Yeller? Well, your system will be at peace with Old Yeller very soon. You're console is doing almost EXACTLY what mine did before she croaked. I had actually forgotten about the humming sound until you mentioned it. (If you listen very closely, I think your console's actually humming a funeral hymn.)

Did you buy the extended warranty?

Damn... My gf got her Xbox yesterday (it was used like you can read from my previous post) and today she got the first problems. The funny thing is that when she was playing Fable, her whole room dimmed ( the lights started goofing up) and her tv had some problems. The console came up with the 3 red lights. She called me and I said that maybe it was just a blackout ( a blackout which happened only in her room, weird) She then plugged the console to an another tv and another power outlet and the whole house blacked out. It could well be a blackout, cause they have happened lately where I live.

The console now works, but it's loud. I don't know how loud it's supposed to be, cause it was already quite loud yesterday when she got it. I'm getting a bad feeling about this...
riko0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 riko0

first sorry for my bad english...

I just bought the xbox 360 with the core pack and 2 weeks later it's already stopped working correctly. first I got that famous screen freeze problem who appears when your playing a game or using the xbox menu. but now the big problem is that THE DISC DRIVE CAN'T READ ANYTHING! today I was playing a new game I bought and 10 minutes later, I receve a message saying that the xbox can't read the game dvd, like if it was durty or something... witch is not the case. and now, the disc drive can't read any xbox 360 game, movie dvd or cd. I put the dvd on the disc drive and it even doesn't try to read it, like if it was empty... help!!!

razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

This is getting out of hand. We all need to go here and sign.

http://www.petitiononline.com/360recal/petition.html

I just noticed, Bill Gates signed. #161 :o

JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 JoelWhy

I previously posted this quote from an article written in May by ign.com.

"At last count, nine Xbox 360s that belong to IGN editors have completely crashed. Two editors, Hilary Goldstein and Jessica Chobot, have had TWO systems go kaput."

This week, Ign posted a few letters from people w/ 360 problems. Nothing we didn't know already ("we" meaning "everybody but the fanboys,") but it's good to see a reputable video game website keeping the pressure on Microsoft.

Here's part of the ign editor's response:

"...it's been my experience that, over the last 10 years, there has never been anything like the upswelling of people with broken Xbox 360 systems. People never complained about Nintendo's systems, which are almost indestructible, or Microsoft's first system, which we hit with a bat and didn't break. In fact, the bat broke. Sony's PS 1 had overheating problems, and Sony's PS2 had a bad second shipment and several bad disc drives in its shipments. But nothing appears to be as bad as Microsoft's Xbox 360..."

McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
[QUOTE="JoelWhy"]

I previously posted this quote from an article written in May by ign.com.

"At last count, nine Xbox 360s that belong to IGN editors have completely crashed. Two editors, Hilary Goldstein and Jessica Chobot, have had TWO systems go kaput."

This week, Ign posted a few letters from people w/ 360 problems. Nothing we didn't know already ("we" meaning "everybody but the fanboys,") but it's good to see a reputable video game website keeping the pressure on Microsoft.

Here's part of the ign editor's response:

"...it's been my experience that, over the last 10 years, there has never been anything like the upswelling of people with broken Xbox 360 systems. People never complained about Nintendo's systems, which are almost indestructible, or Microsoft's first system, which we hit with a bat and didn't break. In fact, the bat broke. Sony's PS 1 had overheating problems, and Sony's PS2 had a bad second shipment and several bad disc drives in its shipments. But nothing appears to be as bad as Microsoft's Xbox 360..."

My past co-worker of mine at Gamestop has lost FOUR. FOUR. ........****ING FOUR!!! How can that happen? What are the chances that she would be within the "5%" four times? Impossible.
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 JoelWhy
[QUOTE="McMurmur"]

My past co-worker of mine at Gamestop has lost FOUR. FOUR. ........****ING FOUR!!! How can that happen? What are the chances that she would be within the "5%" four times? Impossible.

Did your friend have to pay anything to replace/repair them?
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
This is pretty disturbing.  Some out there think that this is all fabricated by Sony Fanboys.  Well, no one has this much time on there hands.  Something bad is really going on.  Wonder if we'll ever know what the true dud % was / is.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 crck

first sorry for my bad english...

I just bought the xbox 360 with the core pack and 2 weeks later it's already stopped working correctly. first I got that famous screen freeze problem who appears when your playing a game or using the xbox menu. but now the big problem is that THE DISC DRIVE CAN'T READ ANYTHING! today I was playing a new game I bought and 10 minutes later, I receve a message saying that the xbox can't read the game dvd, like if it was durty or something... witch is not the case. and now, the disc drive can't read any xbox 360 game, movie dvd or cd. I put the dvd on the disc drive and it even doesn't try to read it, like if it was empty... help!!!

riko0
  You either have to return it to the store or send it in to MS to get it fixed.  You should still be under the warranty period and not have to pay anything. 
Fillster_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Fillster_basic
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

5% RIGHT...

I just got off the phone with "Patrick" who told me he couldn't tell me the number of returned units but it was below 3% and at 3% they would have to do a recall.

I never used my blankety blank 360 and today I got the magic 3 red lights.  Hell, before today I didn't even know it could make the 3 red lights.

BTW, until today I WAS a MSFT fanboy...

smithmattj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 smithmattj
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

If MS recalls their units at 3% of returned units, I wonder how many people are deciding not to spend another $120+ to return/replace their 360 (ie, 1/3 or more of the original purchase price) just to get a refurbished unit likely to break down.  In other words, the 3% threshold may have been met, it's just that the repair cost for units no longer under warranty is too high for some.

My unit froze up last week, followed by the 3RLOD.  I'll try a couple things to see if it can revive, but I seriously question whether I want to fall further down this rabbit hole.

xoverkillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#145 xoverkillx
Member since 2005 • 3320 Posts
Well after exactly one week (7 days) I finally recieved a box... Now lets hope MS does a speedy return, because I want to play Saints Row, Dead Rising, and Madden 07
codmangt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 codmangt53
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
Alright guys my 360 has been takin a crap the past couple days, i stopped playing my 360 for a week or so because i havent had time to play it i started it up a couple days ago, playing dead rising, and it freezes within 5 minutes of starting it up, then it was getting to the point of just freezing right when i turned it on like when the 360 ball spins around and it says xbox 360, last night the red rings came on, but it was storming so i thought it was because of that, but tonight, i started it up and it shut right off and the red rings came on, so im thinking it pretty much has taken a crap, i didnt get the warranty on it, so um about how much money are you thinking for repair?
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 JoelWhy

BTW, until today I WAS a MSFT fanboy...

Fillster_basic

Lol...well, it takes a big person to admit their mistakes, so I won't give you any grief. Welcome to the club. Actually, sorry that you had to become part of the club, because it means you got royally scr*wed, too.

Hmmm...makes me think we should actually thank Microsoft for bringing people together -- together in their hatred of Microsoft.

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
why do 90%+ of posters with broken 360's have less than 30 posts?
FiercE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 FiercE23
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
I had my xbox break a couple weeks ago and wasnt until today until i had to money to buy the repair.  I got the error code 0102.  I talked to some guy and we talked about computers and cooling and all sorts of stuff and he just said he would give me 50% off my repair. It came to $69.95 I believe which is 10x better than paying full price.

I know you if you yell and fight enough they will give 25% off and if your lucky you will get some knowledable representative and a nice guy and give you more.  Its easy to fight for the 25% so try your hardest, its worth that $30 some dollars
el_pablo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 el_pablo65
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

I don't own a 360 but I do sell them at a retail outlet (which will go un-named here, I am not trying to hawk my wares, just my knowledge/opinion).  Without having personally counted I am sure our return rate is no greater than 5%.  While a 95% successful console rate sounds good, I am still concerned based on some postings here, that perfectly functioning units may suddenlly die without warning.

That said, our in store model, that has a ventilation fan built into its dieplay, is on all day, every day and has been since November 05.  We have had no issue other than a controller that got yanked off the display by a customer.  No circular scratches on any demo games either (not that I haven't seen several of these disks returned by customers).

My advice, see if your retailer offers a replacement plan.  We do, for $40, and will replace the system completely if it fails you.  Much cheaper than $130 and you are covered for a year.  Sure you have to pay $30 more each replacement (outside of 30 days) or anually if the system holds together but worse case scenario is the system doesn't fail for 4 years and you paid $120 anyway.

Cheaper than an x-box live account.

;)