So what is your honest opinion of Fallout 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

I am absolutely loving this game, Though I felt the graphics could have been better and there are a couple of bugs in this game. But what is a fallout game without bugs? Overall, this is my second most favourite game after Witcher 3 and I expect the GOTY award to go to either of these two.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 harrygooch
Member since 2015 • 282 Posts

Can you please honestly tell me if the framerate is as bad as they say it is? I mean does the game pause for up to a second at times? If so ill just wait for them to patch it before buying.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

@harrygooch: I never had any issues with framerate mate. Besides, haven't read a review where the framerate was being criticised at.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@harrygooch: it does do that, but not that freaquently to ruin the game.

Id just buy

Myles_Dyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Myles_Dyson
Member since 2014 • 119 Posts

When Fallout 4 was coming out, it was treated as the 2nd coming of Jesus. Now, everyone seems kind of...quiet. No clear opinions heard either. There's just this...silence. My apologies, I don't keep myself up to date with gaming news, I focus on enjoying the games, but that's just what it seems like to me.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 harrygooch

Ughh im in a pickle. Should I just get it on ps4 and have to deal with that crappy dualshock 4?

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#7  Edited By doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

@myles_dyson said:

When Fallout 4 was coming out, it was treated as the 2nd coming of Jesus. Now, everyone seems kind of...quiet. No clear opinions heard either. There's just this...silence. My apologies, I don't keep myself up to date with gaming news, I focus on enjoying the games, but that's just what it seems like to me.

I actually think people are busy playing the game, as it can consume plenty of hours at a time, and I guess for the regular user it's too quickly to make an informed judgement

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 harrygooch

@doubalfa: so is it stable on x1?

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 doubalfa

I can't tell so far I've only played like an hour (which was fine) but I've never been to nitpicking with framerate dips (unless they are pretty dramatic)

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

i've never been a fan of the Fallout games I always felt they were boring.
My biggest peeves in gaming are juggling inventory, clunky combat and senseless grinding. The Fallout games are treatises on all three.

I get people like the rpg element of the game because it does let you make more choices than the average rpg game, but Fallout just makes my eyes glaze over. I also dont like most sandbox games (MGS, SoM, GTA) for the same reason.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the series to be honest. I've seen some streams of it on Twitch though and from what I've gathered, like someone said, there are really no strong opinions on it. It's not this GOTY type of game that has the gaming world upside down. My take on it, and again from what I have seen, it looks like just another Fallout game if that makes sense. It looks like the same experience but rebranded.

To me personally, the combat still looks clunky, the game feels dull/boring. For a new gen game, the visuals (which you'd expect would be a nice step up) look lackluster. I do get the experience aspect of it, but it feels like you have already experienced/seen it before when you look at the game.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 doubalfa

I thinkered a bit with the workshops and was a able to create a decent headquarters for my character

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm loving it but the crafting/building aspects are a little overwhelming at first, now as I get more used to it I'm enjoying myself a lot more. I have not encountered any bugs so I'm happy about that. Graphics in some areas can look outdated but overall the scenery outside is great looking. Very immersive game this one will suck a lot of hours out of my life.....it's not a game you can play in quick sessions there is tons of stuff to do.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: yeah when I came across the first building stations the weapon crafting was easy enough to figure out but the building station.... uhm... yeah moving on. I haven't even bothered with that. Also trying to determine what garbage you find might be essential later on... almost like you're a hoarder.

pcphorse118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 pcphorse118
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts

Other than New Vegas this is my first foray into Fallout. I loved New Vegas and constantly heard about how lame it was compared to Bethesda's Fallout. Boy were they right. Right from the beginning I feel more connected to my character because the customization is unbelievable. I finally was able to fairly accurately put myself into the game. I feel tied to the actions of this character more than ever. Where Skyrim was a medieval setting that held my attention for countless hours on multiple platforms; Fallout 4 has the same hold. I have yet to experience any issues with graphics or noticeable framerate issues. I havent seen any glitches personally but have seen videos of some pretty funny ones online. I dont mind these though, I see people all the time complaining about glitches then applauding GTA V glitches in the next breath. Overall I look at the value of the entertainment and I feel safe to say I have paid <$1.00 per hour I will play. Good bargain if you ask me.

rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rivia
Member since 2015 • 46 Posts

Im really enjoying it. It improved a lot over that last Fallout game Bethesda made but I wish Obsidian did the dialogue and choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I haven't played it myself, but I've watched quite a few vids from my friends feed (XB1) yes there are bugs, some funny, but some really annoying. I saw one where my mate walked out from inside a house and as soon as he stepped outside his character was suddenly falling from the sky, and coming crashing back down into the ground and dying, for me that would be fucking annoying.

I do like the Fallout games, I've put over 250hrs+ combined into the last 2 Fallout games. Having said that I will not be buying this game until the GOTY version is out around this time next year, because to me they don't deserve full price for an incomplete/buggy game, oh and if it was some other game from some other dev, well they would have got their arse kicked from pillar to post for a buggy game.

That's my 2 cents, peace out :)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alucard_Prime

One other little thing I wanted to mention, not something you hear often, but this game has a superb title screen, with a lot of cool stuff to look at and an outstanding song playing. It's rare I just stare at the title screen on purpose in games, I've done it a lot so far in this game lol.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@Skarwolf: I was watching an interview with the main man behind this game and I'm pretty sure he said the crafting/building was optional, so I think it is cool they don't force that on you. It is worth learning though and adding a bit of defense to your main base and making sure people are happy and well fed, etc

I try to pick everything up because junk is very useful in this game. I regularly go to my main settlement (Sanctuary) and on the workbench I choose "store all junk". Very handy feature.....I never hold that stuff for too long. Then, if you are in that settlement where you stored all your junk, it will automatically draw from that junk supply whenever you want to mod your weapon or armor for example(so you never need to take out that junk basically when you want to disassemble it....it does it automatically).