So my brothers ruining everything..

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Talk to him like a man?
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Buy him a Wii so HE can mess is own stuff up. You can watch him hit himself in the face with a Wiimote ;)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#103 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
honestly you have to show him who is boss, he needs to almost fear you. He needs to respect you and your belongings and if he doesnt, make him know that there are serious repurcussions
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
My kid knew to stay away from the electronics at age 7, and she even had her own gameboy so there is no reason he can't learn his lesson. There are things called parental controls that you could set and make it so he can't get on there without your code or permission so you could go that route. That way you can't really get in trouble for that. Also high shelves or a mini footlocker to store your games in my be a good investment.
yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 yx2vy
Member since 2009 • 307 Posts

My kid knew to stay away from the electronics at age 7, and she even had her own gameboy so there is no reason he can't learn his lesson. There are things called parental controls that you could set and make it so he can't get on there without your code or permission so you could go that route. That way you can't really get in trouble for that. Also high shelves or a mini footlocker to store your games in my be a good investment.Lostboy1224

I'm confused. Is the shelf/footlocker for his 360, or his brother?

DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

I can see him turning into a brat when he's older. He also doesn't go to school and stays home schooled, but he doesn't do his studies so he's already behind.

He doesn't have any friends .. ANY. And the thing with my parents most is if he doesn't get it then he get's all whiney and bratty and miserable, then it makes my mom miserable, then if my mom miserable she gets angry at just about anything, including me for no reason. That get's me angry, then the hole days just ruined cause of him.

Wakanoid

Maybe you should talk to your father about putting him in school because, if he was in school and had friends maybe he wouldn't be messing around with your things. Otherwise, he will probably grow up to be anti-social and not have the skills or education a job requires. You should also have a talk with your father about the way your mother is treating you because that isn't normal...

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
honestly you have to show him who is boss, he needs to almost fear you. He needs to respect you and your belongings and if he doesnt, make him know that there are serious repurcussionschaoscougar1
He does fear me with things like this, but when my parents are here he doesn't. He encourages me to flip out some times so he can get me in trouble. The only time he fears me is when i'm babysitting him.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

I can see him turning into a brat when he's older. He also doesn't go to school and stays home schooled, but he doesn't do his studies so he's already behind.

He doesn't have any friends .. ANY. And the thing with my parents most is if he doesn't get it then he get's all whiney and bratty and miserable, then it makes my mom miserable, then if my mom miserable she gets angry at just about anything, including me for no reason. That get's me angry, then the hole days just ruined cause of him.

DeadApeBladder

Maybe you should talk to your father about putting him in school because, if he was in school and had friends maybe he wouldn't be messing around with your things. Otherwise, he will probably grow up to be anti-social and not have the skills or education a job requires. You should also have a talk with your father about the way your mother is treating you because that isn't normal...

He already is anti-social, and he doesn't leave my friends alone at all. But my parents don't want him to be behind they want him to be ahead because up until I was around 7-8 I had my parents around all the time, and I was going ahead fully. I about 3-4 grades ahead, but then I fell behind. I'm still grades ahead though because I had a saftey net. But he doesn't, so there trying to home school him and get him ahead, but they don't have time and they don't want to put him in school and soon there getting to the point where they have to catch him up on some things before he goes to school.. but we have no time for him, if you know what i mean? like the second my mom leaves the room to stop home schooling him for a bit and tells him to do something, he just either sits there and cries or plays a system.

yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 yx2vy

Homeschooling doesn't help with keeping up. Honestly, I'd like to have a chat with your parents. If you convince them to, have 'em post it in off-topic.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Wakanoid

Yeah it does, it's basically like having a private tutor. You advance much faster then kids in school. I was counting past 100's when i just turned 3.

You also finish work much faster

Hailfire704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Hailfire704
Member since 2009 • 729 Posts

He's probably only doing it because so many people are telling him not to. The way I see it you could either tell him that he can play it if he wants to, or you can start playing the PS3 that you gave him.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
ur brother probably isn't as stupid as u think, u being scared of being in trouble urself won't go to more extreme lengths to assert ur authortah! lol u really should do wat is in ur best interest, if ur parents don't have time to teach him u'll have to do it regardless of how piss it makes ur mom! i say punish his, hit him with a clothe hanger or sumtin lol
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Just put a lock on your door, why would your dad remove the lock? Guys need privacy in their lives, I don't know what I'd do without this lock on my door. If you want, give him the legitimate reason for it, and that's because your brother is messing with your **** He should understand.

bALTHar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 bALTHar86
Member since 2008 • 567 Posts

Yeah it does, it's basically like having a private tutor. You advance much faster then kids in school. I was counting past 100's when i just turned 3.

You also finish work much faster

Wakanoid

Kids shouldn't miss out on the social dynamics of school though. Learning to make friends and respect other people is an important part of growing up and essential to school life, not to mention it sounds like your bro needs some peers who want hesitate to call him a dick when he acts like one. He might even make a friend...

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#115 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

For everything of yours that he breaks, break two of his. Show him what he's done to your property, then get something of his and break it in front of him. Inform him this will continue to happen as long as he disrespects your property. This will prompt some wailing and crying and stick to your guns and tell your parents that is how it will be done until he learns to respect your property.

I'll give you an example. When I was still at home my younger sister never cleaned up after herself. I'd come home and find her dirty dishes with food still on them left on the counter. I'd ask her to clean it up, rinse them off and put them in the dishwasher. She'd mouth off. Ok, you will learn the hard way. She went to bed later that day and guess what... All of the dirty dishes were piled up under her blankets littered all over the place food and all. I informed her that everytime I find them left in the sink they will go into her bed. Problem solved.

My Grandad operated the same way. At dinner if you didn't eat your supper you wore it. Any complaints, whines etc, plate was picked up and dumped on your head and you sat there for the duration of supper.

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
just do what michael jackson does.
entong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 entong
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

just hide the power cord...and your discs too...

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#118 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

My Grandad operated the same way. At dinner if you didn't eat your supper you wore it. Any complaints, whines etc, plate was picked up and dumped on your head and you sat there for the duration of supper.

....That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard for many different reasons.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#119 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

No it works quite well. Much better then liberal hippy ignore all outburst attitude and put them in the corner ignoring them until they get bored political correctness that infected current times.

yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 yx2vy

No it works quite well. Much better then liberal hippy ignore all outburst attitude and put them in the corner ignoring them until they get bored political correctness that infected current times.

Skarwolf

Yeah, this crap is getting to where it's child abuse if you yell at your kid. Whatever happened to a trip to the wood shed? (and my grandpa's technique was: eat it now, or it eat out of the trash later.)

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
just set a pw for ur account and hide ur games
PistolGripPump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PistolGripPump
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
Beat. His. Ass. I don't care how old he is, teach that punk a lesson he won't soon forget. /thread.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#123 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Skarwolf
I agree, but when it comes to something pointless like eating and what he does when they don't is a horrible example. Just some of the questions I can think of off the top of my head 1: If someone doesn't want food, maybe they aren't hungry 2: It's a waste of food that someone else can be eating either now or later 3: Wasting the food stops the person you wanted to eat from eating, defeating any purpose of doing that 4: What if the food is really hot is he trying to injure people? Does he pour hot soup on people? 5: Wouldn't some food ruin the person's clothes? Costing the parents money 6: Does he strip the person naked to avoid staining clothes? 7: Pouring food on someone should mildly annoy the person at best, unless that food is something like boiling hot soup. 8: This sounds like it could be fun. Lets say you were eating pies, kids would be able to have a pie fight by saying that they don't like pie, that's pretty cool. 9: Doesn't pouring food on someones head make it spill onto the floor, possibly ruining that or at least making you clean it (is the table on carpet, tile, what?
goobertaco45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 goobertaco45
Member since 2008 • 263 Posts

Make up a story, tell him that you will hire the Boogeyman if he keeps touching your stuff. Then if he keeps doing it dress up like the Boogeyman and beat him up a little, not enough to hurt him just enough to scare him. Then he will be scared to death to touch your stuff.

durns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 durns09
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

ZOMG i have the same problem but itts my big bro who dosnt give a **** about any of my games he brojke mw2 i locked my live with a passcode and he beat me to death and i had to give the code to him cause of parents man im in same trouble. i was on 2.64 on cod k/d and he got it down to 0.98 in a day.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

make him cry, scream in his face.

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

arrange for a kidnapping. he'll cry and crap his pants. that spells revenge to me

yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 yx2vy

Move out.

bassguitar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 bassguitar19
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

Lock your xbox with the passcode, hide your games and stuff in your room, lock your door to your room and carry a spare paperclip with you to unlock it at any time. (not sure if you have that type of lock on your bedroom doors, I do.)

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

So a few months ago he completely ruined my mw2 k/d. I got over that. So I started buying him games on my ps3, now he stills goes on my xbox 360 to play left 4 dead 1 and 2, and he leaves all my disc out.some of my discs have cracks in them now. He's ruining my saves, and I really feel he's about my break my headset which I just spent 140$ on. He's been doing this for months no matter how many times me or my parents tell him not to go on he always goes on. If I put a lock he'll get pissed and do something with my stuff. My parents don't seem to be punishing him, just telling him to get off when he's on. but then he just sneaks right back on... Even when we say no xbox 360 for a day or two still.. he goes on. -.- I just don't know what to do.. any ideas before he breaks anything else? This is starting to get me extremely frustrated.

Wakanoid

Old-fashioned spankings! If that doesn't work, then boot em in the face!

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

Lock your xbox with the passcode, hide your games and stuff in your room, lock your door to your room and carry a spare paperclip with you to unlock it at any time. (not sure if you have that type of lock on your bedroom doors, I do.)

bassguitar19

You sound experienced.

tophustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tophustler
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

i would have end up smacking the mess out of him then maybe throw him like to see he come in my room again

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Wakanoid
Oh! This is good, he broke his ps3. So now he can play the xbox 360 and mw2 and all the games that I play that I wouldn't let him play because he ruined them. But now that his ps3 broke he's allowed. not my fault he treats the system like crap..
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Wow. Him breaking the ps3 makes me concerned about your 360. Let's take a different approach here. Get rid of your 360 so no one games. Watching him suffer would make not playing for a while almost enjoyable. :P
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Wakanoid
Wow. Him breaking the ps3 makes me concerned about your 360. Let's take a different approach here. Get rid of your 360 so no one games. Watching him suffer would make not playing for a while almost enjoyable. :PRoslindaleOne
It was pretty funny watching him freak out when it broke. But I really wanna beat bioshock 2 and stuff. And yeah, I'm concerned about my 360 to.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Wakanoid
So I didn't let him play my xbox 360.. And now I'm suspended from the xbox 360 for a week. Seriously?
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

So I didn't let him play my xbox 360.. And now I'm suspended from the xbox 360 for a week. Seriously?Wakanoid

suspended by who?

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]So I didn't let him play my xbox 360.. And now I'm suspended from the xbox 360 for a week. Seriously?Colin1192

suspended by who?

My dad. heh.
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#140 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Now that he broke the PS3, you ought to calmly explain to your parents that he already broke 1 large investment of yours and you don't want the kid to ruin another. Or, you could put the kid in a box and ship him to Siberia.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Wakanoid

Now that he broke the PS3, you ought to calmly explain to your parents that he already broke 1 large investment of yours and you don't want the kid to ruin another. Or, you could put the kid in a box and ship him to Siberia.

m1k3m
No you see, I let him play my xbox 360. But the game that he's ruined I don't let him play. On Borderlands he sold my stuff so I'm not letting him play it anymore. so not only am I nice enough to let him play it and now i lose the xbox 360 for a week... seriously?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="m1k3m"]

Wakanoid
No you see, I let him play my xbox 360. But the game that he's ruined I don't let him play. On Borderlands he sold my stuff so I'm not letting him play it anymore. so not only am I nice enough to let him play it and now i lose the xbox 360 for a week... seriously?

i think even if you get seriously grounded, you need to teach your little brother a lesson. Hes running all over you and your parents arent doing anything to stop him, its time to take the law into your own hands. Or you could fly to over to your house and i could do it for you :P
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Wakanoid
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="m1k3m"]

chaoscougar1

i think even if you get seriously grounded, you need to teach your little brother a lesson. Hes running all over you and your parents arent doing anything to stop him, its time to take the law into your own hands. Or you could fly to over to your house and i could do it for you :P

I do take the law into my own hands, heh. This is what happens. For some reason my dad doesn't understand that he has ruined it before and i'm not risking it. Now I get to have no xbox over the week because of my brother being a spoiled brat who has a temper tantrum whenever he doesn't get what he wants. (He started to scream and cry when I said no) Oh please chaos cougar, come do it for me.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Wakanoid"] No you see, I let him play my xbox 360. But the game that he's ruined I don't let him play. On Borderlands he sold my stuff so I'm not letting him play it anymore. so not only am I nice enough to let him play it and now i lose the xbox 360 for a week... seriously?

I do take the law into my own hands, heh. This is what happens. For some reason my dad doesn't understand that he has ruined it before and i'm not risking it. Now I get to have no xbox over the week because of my brother being a spoiled brat who has a temper tantrum whenever he doesn't get what he wants. (He started to scream and cry when I said no) Oh please chaos cougar, come do it for me.

what part of the states do you live in? the airfare might be a little expensive :P
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Wakanoid
Haha, I live in Ontario. Man, on top of this I'm sick and I get to deal with this crap.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
Haha, I live in Ontario. Man, on top of this I'm sick and I get to deal with this crap.Wakanoid
yea? im in ontario too i can definitely do it for u lol, ur situation hasn't gotten any better i think u should print out a few pages here and show ur parents that u need to get advise from ppl on the internet to take care of a certain problem that should of been dealt with by them, that should shame them into doing sumtin lol
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#147 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

Having had an older brothder whose stuff I wanted to get into, only one thing kept me from doing it. He beat my ass. If I told on him, the next time we were alone, he beat me harder. I'm not encouraging you to do this, just saying, it is what worked on me.

KyBoOtEr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 KyBoOtEr
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

I dont get why your Parents are so hard on you but so lax on him, it just doesnt make sense. He breaks one of your things, you try to stop him from breaking a second, you are no longer aloud to use the second and the brother is. Either we're not getting the full picture or your parents have some serious serious discipline issues.

If its the second situation, I would just look forward to the day you have enough money to move out and leave that crap behind.

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#149 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
Lock your door?
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Wakanoid

I dont get why your Parents are so hard on you but so lax on him, it just doesnt make sense. He breaks one of your things, you try to stop him from breaking a second, you are no longer aloud to use the second and the brother is. Either we're not getting the full picture or your parents have some serious serious discipline issues.

If its the second situation, I would just look forward to the day you have enough money to move out and leave that crap behind.

KyBoOtEr
Definetly the second. The way they go is they don't want to suppress him. They want him to have a good life. But this is going to affect how he is in the future which my parents don't realize. I can't lock my door considering my parents make us share the same room (He's moving out of my room soon so maybe i'll get a lock) I just told my mom about my dad taking the xbox from me and she said " I don't wanna hear it. Your brother looks up to you and your a jerk to him " Hah, jerk to him? Because I'll say if you touch that your getting a shot to the shoulder (not to brutal, heh.) Everytime it gets harder and harder (Still not even that hard) yet he keeps doing it. If he would just listen to the things I ask, I let him have my ps3. We would get along more. But me and him don't work.