So my brothers ruining everything..

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

So a few months ago he completely ruined my mw2 k/d. I got over that. So I started buying him games on my ps3, now he stills goes on my xbox 360 to play left 4 dead 1 and 2, and he leaves all my disc out.some of my discs have cracks in them now. He's ruining my saves, and I really feel he's about my break my headset which I just spent 140$ on. He's been doing this for months no matter how many times me or my parents tell him not to go on he always goes on. If I put a lock he'll get pissed and do something with my stuff. My parents don't seem to be punishing him, just telling him to get off when he's on. but then he just sneaks right back on... Even when we say no xbox 360 for a day or two still.. he goes on. -.- I just don't know what to do.. any ideas before he breaks anything else? This is starting to get me extremely frustrated.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

Spare the rod and spoil the child, I say beat him. Im atheist btw I just like that reference.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

how old is he

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
Yeah man. I would not deal with that. I swear if someone was to come into my room, and tamper with my things...How old is your brother though? He sounds like he is very young.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wakanoid
He is young, he's seven. So my parents are trying to make me understand that he's only seven... But honestly he just keeps doing it... if hes punished he sneaks on.. there's only so much you can do because my dads working all day at home and i'm outside alot of the time and my moms at work. but the thing that frustrates me the most is that i put up with it, and i'm nice enough to buy him a few games on the ps3 with my money and give him my ps3 which i bought myself as well yet he's still doing this.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Colin1192

when my brother was threatening to use my live account cuz he is too cheap to pay for his own I just put a pass code on it.

You could just put anything you dont want him to touch on a shelf or something. You have to remeber, kids are dumb and it does not take much to outsmart them

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wakanoid
He'd still play offline, and I can't move my headset because it has tons of wires and I definetly do not feel like setting up all my wires again everytime I wanna use my headset for a bit.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Colin1192

He'd still play offline, and I can't move my headset because it has tons of wires and I definetly do not feel like setting up all my wires again everytime I wanna use my headset for a bit.Wakanoid

he cant play if the power bar mysteriously vanishes :o

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wakanoid
Heh, I've done that before... Just a bit worried something of mine will mysteriously vanish if I do that..
colt1831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 colt1831
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
Take the baterries out of your controller when you are done playing
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

So a few months ago he completely ruined my mw2 k/d. I got over that. So I started buying him games on my ps3, now he stills goes on my xbox 360 to play left 4 dead 1 and 2, and he leaves all my disc out.some of my discs have cracks in them now. He's ruining my saves, and I really feel he's about my break my headset which I just spent 140$ on. He's been doing this for months no matter how many times me or my parents tell him not to go on he always goes on. If I put a lock he'll get pissed and do something with my stuff. My parents don't seem to be punishing him, just telling him to get off when he's on. but then he just sneaks right back on... Even when we say no xbox 360 for a day or two still.. he goes on. -.- I just don't know what to do.. any ideas before he breaks anything else? This is starting to get me extremely frustrated.

Wakanoid

Tell him if he breaks anything else, he has to pay for it. He's seven, sure, but that's no excuse for disrespecting other people's things. If he says he can't afford to pay for it, then tell him he has to sell enough of his things in order to get enough money. I know how it is when siblings mess around with your things even when you tell them not to.

Also, if your parents take his side, get them to realize that it's there responsibility that your games don't get broken. It all seems unfair on you "just because he's seven".

Goldfire64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Goldfire64
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

you could lock your account and make him his own gamertag and try to explain that, that one is his and the other is yours.

sorry to hear about the discs though.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wakanoid
I love it because they say "Just because he's seven" infront of him, so he knows that. He doesn't have any money and selling his games would be pointless cause then he has nothing to play on the ps3. which I bought him, then he just goes back on my 360 when I buy the same games over.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Heh, I've done that before... Just a bit worried something of mine will mysteriously vanish if I do that..Wakanoid
if he wants to play that game, put anything important out of reach. he is only 7 after all. besides, he hides somthing of yours, than maybe his bike (or something else of great personal value to the tyke) disapears.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

hide every 360 game and the 360 itself but hide the power in a place thats harder to find it in. get him a 360 as well

Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts
Honestly I'm confused on what your asking? You dont want to hide the power brick, or make it so he can't play...what do you want us to do magically restrain your brother from playing your 360. Sorry man, but theres nothing we can do...either suck it up or make it so he can't play. It's as easy as that, we're not going to be able to punish him for you or your parents....:S
MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
if my little sibling to that to me i will beat them to death NO ONE TOUCH MY XBOX!!!
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wakanoid
Honestly I'm confused on what your asking? You dont want to hide the power brick, or make it so he can't play...what do you want us to do magically restrain your brother from playing your 360. Sorry man, but theres nothing we can do...either suck it up or make it so he can't play. It's as easy as that, we're not going to be able to punish him for you or your parents....:SAft3rBurn3r
I guess I just need to vent, and see if there's any other obvious thing I haven't tried yet.
sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

What does he value? Threaten to do something to that if he uses your xbox again, you will likely only have to follow through once (if at all).

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

grow a sac and show ur brother whos boss

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

This sounds like problem that the internet cannot answer.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
treat him like how he is supposed to b treated, a kid, send him to his room and lock the door lol when he wants out u open it, take him out to do watever, n put him back into his room, that or just grab him by the collar take him out of the room and let him yell until he loses his voice lol
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

i'd say lock your door.

or teach your brother some discipline, you need to make him FEAR you. he needs to be scared when you start yelling at him. take away the ps3 too just so he can feel even sadder.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

grow a sac and show ur brother whos boss

HaDoKeN_NaTe
Agreed.
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

So basically you are scared of you're 7 year old brother. Why are there a lot of threads in which people are afraid to defend their property? So far, we had a cousin and now a brother, so what's next is some kids mother going to start breaking his xbox for no reason? It's simple tell him no or tell your parents. I should be paid to help people with their problems because, it only took me about 10 seconds to solve this complicated problem of yours.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wakanoid

So basically you are scared of you're 7 year old brother. Why are there a lot of threads in which people are afraid to defend their property? So far, we had a cousin and now a brother, so what's next is some kids mother going to start breaking his xbox for no reason? It's simple tell him no or tell your parents. I should be paid to help people with their problems because, it only took me about 10 seconds to solve this complicated problem of yours.

DeadApeBladder
I'm not scared, i'm nervous of what he'll do to my other things while i'm not around. He knows i'm boss when i'm around, but when i'm not here he just does anything he wants.
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

Get firm with your parents, tell them they need to do their job as parents and teach him not to do that kind of stuff. Or invest in a new doorknob with a lock on it. Or, punch your brother until he learns.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LightColor
who cares wat he does to ur things when ur not around, as long as they're not too valuable, let him take it or break it, this way ur parents or YOU actually have a much stronger reason to punish him, also he pretty much broke u in, he made u his.... lol
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wakanoid

Get firm with your parents, tell them they need to do their job as parents and teach him not to do that kind of stuff. Or invest in a new doorknob with a lock on it. Or, punch your brother until he learns.

kaze347
That doesn't work, i've tried. I'm not gonna knock the wind out of him or anything but he's just determined.. My dad took the lock of my door 5 years ago.. and true, if he did break something he would be that much more dead. Just hopefully it's not something to expensive.
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DeadApeBladder

[QUOTE="DeadApeBladder"]

Wakanoid

I'm not scared, i'm nervous of what he'll do to my other things while i'm not around. He knows i'm boss when i'm around, but when i'm not here he just does anything he wants.

If you are so worried about him just take the power brick.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LightColor

ohhh this is a good 1 when ur talking to him use "I" messages instead of "you" and try talking to him with a nicer tone of voice, that usually works with the kids i use to work with, give him a positive feeling that might actually get him to comply with some of the things u ask of him

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wakanoid
I did, and that's when I bought him all the games for the ps3, gave him my ps3 bought him more accesories for the ps3...
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LightColor
I did, and that's when I bought him all the games for the ps3, gave him my ps3 bought him more accesories for the ps3... Wakanoid
no thats just u giving him sumtin when he doesn't deserve it and now he thinks he can get away with anything, u should try the soft touch again and this time don't give him a $400 piece of machinery + things to go along with it lol
KyBoOtEr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KyBoOtEr
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

OK, how old are you? Right now it honestly sounds like your brother is outsmarting you.

I have an 8 year old brother, Im in university and lots of times Im there all day. You have to get your brother to respect you. Its pretty simple, let him know that he can use the stuff until he damages it, as soon as that happens don't let him use it.

You are worried about him breaking your stuff when you aren't around? Again, you are afraid of a child. I don't know him personally, but you have to get him to respect you and your property. Use your body language, let him know you are serious.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]I did, and that's when I bought him all the games for the ps3, gave him my ps3 bought him more accesories for the ps3... LightColor
no thats just u giving him sumtin when he doesn't deserve it and now he thinks he can get away with anything, u should try the soft touch again and this time don't give him a $400 piece of machinery + things to go along with it lol

No I did the nicely asking thing + all that, and i'm 13. He's not really outsmarting me, I find he outsmarts my parents which isn't hard. They know that they let him get away with half the things he does because he's only 7. I am serious, but he knows that when my dads here.. he's the boss. oh and my mom gets pissed when i act like i'm the boss with my brother.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
time to take him out back, and pull off headshot
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeadApeBladder

[QUOTE="kaze347"]

Wakanoid

That doesn't work, i've tried. I'm not gonna knock the wind out of him or anything but he's just determined.. My dad took the lock of my door 5 years ago.. and true, if he did break something he would be that much more dead. Just hopefully it's not something to expensive.

Well tell him you want a lock. Unless there's a reason why you don't have a lock on your door...

KyBoOtEr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KyBoOtEr
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

Well then you have to talk to your parents about getting your brother in line with stuff. If your 7 year old brother can outsmart them to get his way then you should be able to as well.

Hide all your controllers, if he does go bonkers and breaks your stuff, then you have some ammunition with your parents. If your parents still don't care when your stuff is broken, well then you are screwed I guess. I don't see why your parents would be so strict with you and not your brother though.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wakanoid
Well next time I leave i'll unplug my xbox and hide my controllers, we'll see what happens... Thanks for the ideas.. and I'm not sure.. They just think because hes 7 he can get away with anything... "He doesn't know any better, he's only 7" excuse every time... oh well .. let's see how things turn out.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LightColor
well tell us all about it, i'd really like to no! this is so interesting! no sarcasm at all lol
DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

Wakanoid you need to man up. Be physical with your brother if necessary. He will learn to respect you and your authority.

And if your mother gets pissed at you for trying to discipline your brother, then tell her that you wouldn't have to if she would just do her job.

Do it nao.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wakanoid

Wakanoid you need to man up. Be physical with your brother if necessary. He will learn to respect you and your authority.

And if your mother gets pissed at you for trying to discipline your brother, then tell her that you wouldn't have to if she would just do her job.

Do it nao.

DasVolks

I have. Believe me I have, but I'm not gonna beat him black and blue, but I have been physical... kids gonna be a tank when he grows up.

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Give him a kidney shot...

yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 yx2vy
Member since 2009 • 307 Posts

Options:

1. Tell him that if he doesn't leave your things alone, then you will sell all of his things to pay for them.

2. SMACK 'IM DOWN!

3. Talk to your parents. Tell them that you think it's unfair that he gets off the hook just because he's 7. If they say he doesn't know better, ask if they want him to grow up and continue disrespecting property. Do they really want him to grow up to be a vandal?

4. Hide the power cord. Then hide anything that you don't want him taking.

5. Get a lock on your door. (One that needs a key) Lock it whenever you leave.

6. Break something of your parent's that they really love, and tell them that he broke it because he was mad when you kicked him off of your xbox.

And, lastly:

7. Wrap your controller in aluminum foil. Attach that to a wire, and the wire to a very large battery. One of the 2'' thick ones that they use in big flashlights.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wakanoid

A lock could work well, I have no idea why my dad removed it years ago. I'll ask him to put on one. Maybe an eletric fence to go with it? And put an eletric collar on him?

yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yx2vy

A lock could work well, I have no idea why my dad removed it years ago. I'll ask him to put on one. Maybe an eletric fence to go with it? And put an eletric collar on him?

Wakanoid

Nowyou're thinking! And if he gets away with stuff because "He's 7 and doesn't know any better" then your parent's aren't doing their job. He HAS to know better, they are supposed to teach him. I bet you're wishing your mom had learned to just say no, huh? And, if all else fails.... "HEADSHOT!" - Halo Narrator

hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts

He can't be very tall if you have a PC table that has a high level,

for example like this one, just put the 360 on the highest level

table

DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DeadApeBladder

If he messes with your xbox again go into his room when he's sleeping and punch him in the head or hide in his closet and scare the **** out of him and then tell him that you will do it every night until he stops touching it.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wakanoid
Oh, the worst part is my parents make me sleep in the same room as him. Although occasionally he sleeps with mom... Also a pain when friends come over and he does not leave us alone no matter what, but it's ok because "he's only 7" anyway, I'll try most of these tips within the week and see how it turns out.
yx2vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yx2vy

Put a bark collar on him. When he messes something of yours up, punch him. He will yelp, thus setting off the bark collar. He will likely yelp again in surprise.

My Dad wasn't afraid to assert his authority. My younger brother broke my Atari (yeah, I know, I'm old), so he said: You will learn respect! You're going to work for Danny [me] until he decides that you have worked it off! Brother [james]: NO! Dad: YES! NOW GET YOUR LAZY !@% UP AND GET TO WORK!

He cleaned my room for a year before he worked it off. Ironically, I had bought it at a garage sale for 5$. ;)