Since they are taking out planes in GTA4, because of 9/11. Then why don't they..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

If I want to fly planes into buildings in a virtual world, I'm sick now? I was doing it before 9/11, why wouldn't I now? How is that anymore sick than chainsawing someone in half in Gears? It's a GAME. And honestly, all these people on their high horses who are acting all high and mighty need to relax. We've all had tragedy in our lives. There's nothing that makes any one awful event more awful than another. They're just awful, period.

TheCrazed420

I actually work a few blocks from where the World Trade Centers used to be and was at work on 9/11. I'm not sure if you were there but if you were then you know that it was certainly a sight to behold. It was like something out of a movie (horror). That's what makes 9/11 such a touchy subject. I personally wouldn't care if planes were included in GTA4 but if someone in my family were in any of the buildings that went down then maybe I would be singing a different tune. Why cause an uproar (it will be an outrageous amount of people protesting) so someone can do something silly in a game? It's just not worth it imo.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
To say they took them out because of 9-11 is ignorant. You fly planes in the other GTA games. It's just some stupid comment made that people want to take as fact.Generic_Dude
You have a pretty short memory. The release of GTA3 was withheld because of 9/11. The developers trimmed the wings of the Dodo down as a pre-emptive move to avoid impassioned controversy.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#203 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I'm not too bothered. I hardly ever went on the planes in SA and it will be no different for GTA IV.
skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

I am completely and utterly confused by some of the peoples arguments on here. People saying no we must forget about this tragedy and that putting planes into GTA4 would allow the horrific event to be recreated ingame and cause uproar.

Well surely not putting planes into the game, is forgetting the event ??

Surely letting people recreate this, however saddening for the relatives of people who died in the tragedy, would  give media coverage to the event, and make people aware of the situation again ??

So maybe you should be arguing that planes, should be put back into the game, yet you contradict yourself by saying no it must never be forgotten, so lets erm forget it..... 

skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 skivit

[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]To say they took them out because of 9-11 is ignorant. You fly planes in the other GTA games. It's just some stupid comment made that people want to take as fact.blue_tape
You have a pretty short memory. The release of GTA3 was withheld because of 9/11. The developers trimmed the wings of the Dodo down as a pre-emptive move to avoid impassioned controversy.

Do you actually play games ??

GTA3 was released october 22 2001, and erm 9/11 happened on September 11 2001.

So does that mean... wait a minute... yes it does.... rockstar cans ee into the future

P.s sorry for any sarcasm there, im just a very sarcastic person, please dont hate me for my personality.... 

texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#206 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
Why dont they make it so, like whenever you start flying into a building, it turns you around or turns you just a different direction. Now I totally understand the 9/11 things. But this feature could probably keep planes in the game.
skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 skivit

Why dont they make it so, like whenever you start flying into a building, it turns you around or turns you just a different direction. Now I totally understand the 9/11 things. But this feature could probably keep planes in the game.texasfight54

Dude great idea.

Also for us sci-fi fans, there should be an option, where as you fly into the building, a warp hole opens, warping you out the other side of the building, would be great fun. 

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts
Oh wow i dont care about planes not being in them. I never used them in SA other then when i had to. I dont get why people are saying "oh i wont buy it" because of it. There's a whole bloody lot more to the game than just flying planes.
standcm12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 standcm12
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

because people would sue for planes being in the game more than guns..

sheepdogg23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 sheepdogg23
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts

9/11 HAS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY THERE ARE NO PLANES IN GTA IV !!!

Direct quote from GameInformer Magazine
"There are no planes, because it's just a city," adds Houser. "Apart from the fact that [the vehicles] are similar. We want it to feel realistic and gritty. [Bellic] is not going to be riding a unicycle or rollerblading. We are giving choice and variety that feels right for that character. We're not suddenly saying theree are no motorbikes. We are keeping all of that stuff. It's the same range and diversity that we had, but to fit the character."

sheepdogg23

I think this may have gotten somewhat lost in all of the arguments on page 7

mapaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mapaboy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

NO MOTHER F-ing WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS, AIRPLANES ARE WHAT MAKE GTA FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Blind-Justice
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts
9/11 was a horrible tragedy, but I do not believe planes should be taken out of GTA IV. If you think planes should be taken out of the game for that reason, why are you playing GTA? It's about killing people for the hell of it. GTA games are all about gangs. I personally have lost a friend and had one injured by gang shootings, and I am sure many other people have, but I don't see them taking that out of the game.
Heistenfaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#213 Heistenfaust
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts
When was this announced? I must say i'm quite surprised, cause i don't remember Rockstar ever caving into some controversial issue about their games.
killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]It's because they think that by adding planes in the game it may become a simulator for extreme people to crash planes into buildings. With that said, it can seem hypocritical that they allow games like Americas Army and Desert Storm (which was a terrible game) to be released labeling them simulators in order to get people to enlist in the Army; oblivious to the fact that war kills more people everyday than the victims of 9/11. I agree, forget about 9/11 and look at what is happening in the world now. How can we look at the past and expect to learn from our mistakes when killing people is how people make a living nowadays. Now they want to ban planes from a video game? Disgusting. Get over 9/11. limpbizkit818
So now killing is acceptable :? Again, I would like to see someone who lost a loved that day say "lets just forget about it". No one is banning planes from video games, so nice job making that one up. If anything is disgusting, it's your post.

Wait, where did I say killing was acceptable? I was trying to say that if you are going to take planes out of video games than why not drop the propaganda packaged in games like Americas Army which is primarily trying to get kids to enlist in the army to kill. And yes, they are taking out planes from video games, whihc is the whole point of this thread. Why am I not surprised that a Republican party supporter is the first one to be offended by what I said? Why the hell should you be proud of that?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
" The news was not all good, however. As rumored, the game will not feature any planes, presumably to avoid the publicity trainwreck of having Niko fly one into a replica of a New York landmark, 9/11-style. The game will have motorcycles, however."

Even Gamespot thinks the same way as I do. 

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#216 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

You can't get over a thing like this. It's simple.

Some can, but a select few, including myself, haven't quite gotten over this and won't for a damn long while.

Like to know why?

My parents both were killed at the trade center that morning.

And I definitely do not appreciate random people on a damned video game forum to forget all about it because it wasn't that big a deal.

For me, my parents jumping out of the window of the North Tower, was quite a big ****ing deal.

Lock this goddamned thread, moderators. Please. Just do us all a favor. Or at least me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

You can't get over a thing like this. It's simple.

Some can, but a select few, including myself, haven't quite gotten over this and won't for a damn long while.

Like to know why?

My parents both were killed at the trade center that morning.

And I definitely do not appreciate random people on a damned video game forum to forget all about it because it wasn't that big a deal.

For me, my parents jumping out of the window of the North Tower, was quite a big ****ing deal.

Lock this goddamned thread, moderators. Please. Just do us all a favor. Or at least me.

destinhpark

Sorry for your loss, but when I said can't people get over it, I meant where games/movies can have planes in a NYC setting, without people having a problem with it.