Since they are taking out planes in GTA4, because of 9/11. Then why don't they..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 slidet22
Member since 2006 • 887 Posts

Also just because I don't know what woe is you means, it doesn't make me a "moron".emgesp

Agreed. I never said it did. I will argue that voting for someone doesn't make a person a moron either. 

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="slidet22"]

slidet22

Jesus Christ, I may not have perfect grammar/spelling, but I've seen much worse in general on these forums.

If you think my grammar/spelling is bad, you must have a heart attack with most of the grammar/spelling errors in these forums.

I never said it was the worst. You asked what you misspelled. I told you. I only brought it up because you elected to call other people morons when, in fact, you're the one spouting flimsy arguments and not understanding things (i.e., "woe is you"). So, before you go around saying garbage like that, be modest and reflect on what you're talking about. I also didn't take too kindly to you calling Americans morons specifically. There are morons here. There are morons everywhere. It seems awfully arrogant to point to one nationality and call them morons, though. Anyway, I'm ready to move on here. My main point from the beginning is that your remark is incredibly narrow-minded, insensitive, and selfish. You have done nothing to sway me from that belief.

Guess what I'm an American!!!

Please tell me that wasn't your attempt at justifying it. Is it okay for a black man to be racist against another black man? Is it okay for a jew to discriminate against another jew? 

No, I just felt like telling you that I was an American, because from your post it didn't seem like you knew that.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 emgesp

[QUOTE="emgesp"]Also just because I don't know what woe is you means, it doesn't make me a "moron".slidet22

Agreed. I never said it did. I will argue that voting for someone doesn't make a person a moron either. 

Sorry we don't agree with each other, but know that I do respect your opinion.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#154 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts

Akon is singing on american idol! The World is officially ending!

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 emgesp
Am I ignorant in alot of ways sure. I'm no perfect being, or think I'm always right.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#156 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

dumd word if i ever herd. don't comapre war with a terriorst act kid. someone loc kthis thread since nothing good can come of it

also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 slidet22
[QUOTE="slidet22"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="slidet22"]

emgesp

Jesus Christ, I may not have perfect grammar/spelling, but I've seen much worse in general on these forums.

If you think my grammar/spelling is bad, you must have a heart attack with most of the grammar/spelling errors in these forums.

I never said it was the worst. You asked what you misspelled. I told you. I only brought it up because you elected to call other people morons when, in fact, you're the one spouting flimsy arguments and not understanding things (i.e., "woe is you"). So, before you go around saying garbage like that, be modest and reflect on what you're talking about. I also didn't take too kindly to you calling Americans morons specifically. There are morons here. There are morons everywhere. It seems awfully arrogant to point to one nationality and call them morons, though. Anyway, I'm ready to move on here. My main point from the beginning is that your remark is incredibly narrow-minded, insensitive, and selfish. You have done nothing to sway me from that belief.

Guess what I'm an American!!!

Please tell me that wasn't your attempt at justifying it. Is it okay for a black man to be racist against another black man? Is it okay for a jew to discriminate against another jew?

No, I just felt like telling you that I was an American, because from your post it didn't seem like you knew that.

1) I didn't know you were American

2) Not sure why it matters

3) I actually assumed you were from somewhere else since you said "They voted for Mr. Bush." When people say "they" that typically means someone else. I say "we" when referring to Americans, because I am an American. I've never referred to the United States as "they." That just seems odd to me.

4) I respect your opinion, too. I just fear we've become too calous in our views. If something happens to you directly, I'm sure you'll feel the same. My opinion supports the victims, not my desire for content in a video game. 

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 emgesp

dumd word if i ever herd. don't comapre war with a terriorst act kid. someone loc kthis thread since nothing good can come of it

[QUOTE="emgesp"]also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?ocdog45

Ok G-nit gangsta.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 emgesp
What I meant by "they" was the voters.
slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 slidet22

Am I ignorant in alot of ways sure. I'm no perfect being, or think I'm always right.emgesp

Quite honestly man - that is something to be proud of right there. Not many people are humble enough to say that. Seriously - I respect that. In fact, I should probably take my tone down a notch here, too. Sorry for being so condescending.

Okay - but I'm not hugging you - that's just weird. 

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#161 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts

c'mon you know you want a group hug!

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="slidet22"]

[QUOTE="emgesp"]Also just because I don't know what woe is you means, it doesn't make me a "moron".emgesp

Sorry we don't agree with each other, but know that I do respect your opinion.

You called the majority of the US morons for voting for Bush? (Untrue, but hey lets keep going)

You also admitted that you don't vote while being of an age where you can and being American?

I could rant for a while on this but I think you can see where this is going...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 emgesp

[QUOTE="emgesp"]Am I ignorant in alot of ways sure. I'm no perfect being, or think I'm always right.slidet22

Quite honestly man - that is something to be proud of right there. Not many people are humble enough to say that. Seriously - I respect that. In fact, I should probably take my tone down a notch here, too. Sorry for being so condescending.

Okay - but I'm not hugging you - that's just weird. 

Why no hug???? J/K

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#164 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

Well hopefully we can still climb on top of buildings and base jump off of them...Because that's the only reason I used planes, to go really high then to jump right out of it...I am going to miss that Hydra fron San Andreas though, that plane was so fun in dogfights....

sigh....good memories.

Julesmaester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165 Julesmaester
Member since 2005 • 285 Posts

no planes is a small price to pay if thats what is going to get NYC to cool down about the game looking like NY.Mikerules868

Im surprised they allowed a semi-fictional setting again (like San Andreas)

alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts

Saints Row didn't have planes and everyone raises hell, GTA4 has no planes and everyone understands? DZBricktop

talk about double standard huh.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
They are taking out the planes wtf!???
trexnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169 trexnine
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

To take out planes because of 9/11 is stupid. the only reason we make a big deal of it is because its been awhile since we were attacked by a foreign nation. You should get over 9/11 because we only care about it so much for it happend on american soil. for all you people out there saying "why should we forget about it?" umm I am pretty sure a game will help ever1 remember it and I am not telling you to forget it I am telling you to get over it. if we had our own little perfect utopian worlds this would'nt happen 9/11 would'nt happen, and nothing bad would ever happen to us, but this is'nt a utopian world this is life DEAL WITH IT!!!

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts

Yea I think its stupid that they took planes out.Seemore10

i agree... if they wanted to avoid controversy, well its too late for that, the series is probably one of the most controversial games ever, taking out planes wont change it. just because there are planes, and a city, it doesnt mean they are directly having a dig at 911, its not like they can get in trouble for it, surely... 

metabolic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 metabolic1
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts
Since when has GTA been politically correct?
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
cuz 9/11 was a terrorist attack...slightly different when 3000 civilians are killed as opposed to armed soldiers that are trained to kill.
mikester585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 mikester585
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

this is stupid gta will no be gta or fun without guns .

you are hardly gonna cuause any destruction on buildings becuase it is virtual.

keep all the gd stuff in

damedude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 damedude123
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

wow, i cant believe u just sed y cant peeple get over 9/11. i live in wales(uk) so we dont really see the full effect of terrorism that america sees, but i do know that no-one will ever "get over" 9/11.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

the way I see it is people are to sensitive to 9/11 oh no it happened in America it must be the one terrorist attack ever nobody keeps on about the IRA blowing up the financial district of London killing many people.

I take it the people that are sticking up for the removal of planes because GTA4 is set in NY or one of them were effected by 9/11 (but will still buy this game) haven't experienced the death of a loved one due to gang violence.

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

Honestly, I think this is a responsible step by Rockstar.  Wars are fought, generally, by professional soldiers, they signed up and prepared for war, they went into war knowing full well that they might die.  The people who died in 9/11 were killed in a cowardly way, they were not soldiers, they were only going to work.  Also, do you really expect people to just "get over" the deaths of innocent Americans due to an attack on our own soil?  There's much much more to it than this, but hopefully you understand better now. 

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#177 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
Man, it totally sucks that they took out planes. That was what I enjoyed the most. :|
Chibi_Tenchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Chibi_Tenchi
Member since 2004 • 292 Posts

By your insentivity, I'm guessing you weren't anywhere close to the the tri-state or dc metro area when 9/11 occurred.
opethpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 opethpwn
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts

The game already takes a huge amount of heat from the guns and being able to kill cops, hookers and so on. The last thing Rockstar wants is 9/11 familys on their case. If it was any other city I am sure their would be planes, but not in NY. Plus, why should we just "get over" 9/11? Its easy to move on when the event did not at all affect your life. Any tragedie, be 9/11 or a school shooting should never be forgotten or simply brushed off.limpbizkit818

they had planes in SA so why not gta4. there were still high rise buildings in SA.............its the same concept ffs. americans really should just get over it, tbh with the way they have f*cked some parts of the world over -something like 9/11 was inevitable. im not saying it wasent totally wrong and immoral but................what goes around comes around tbh. (hiroshima).

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
Why dont they just take out the New York City airport as well :|
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#181 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts

Saints Row didn't have planes and everyone raises hell, GTA4 has no planes and everyone understands? DZBricktop

The difference being that previous GTAs have had planes.  Nobody had any preset expectations for Saint's Row. 

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#182 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
yeah cos going round shooting and running over people is morally o.k isnt it. basically, they couldnt be bothered.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
I think its going to be a good idea not having planes in there, the devs must be concentrating on top gameplay and character development rather than gimmicks, the only thing that worries me this day and age is the trend for micro transactions and DLC, dont be supprised to see planes and helicopters available for purchase just after sales start to drop, ch-ching $$$$$
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
then they should take cars out because of car accidents
pjam07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 pjam07
Member since 2004 • 170 Posts

The game already takes a huge amount of heat from the guns and being able to kill cops, hookers and so on. The last thing Rockstar wants is 9/11 familys on their case. If it was any other city I am sure their would be planes, but not in NY. Plus, why should we just "get over" 9/11? Its easy to move on when the event did not at all affect your life. Any tragedie, be 9/11 or a school shooting should never be forgotten or simply brushed off.limpbizkit818

exactly and well said.  Im a New Yorker and you simply dont forget something like 9/11.  Im all for it being in "Liberty City"(NY) but planes are not needed in this game.  I dont want some little punks starting a huge media firestorm for taking a plane and running it into the buildings then posting it on you tube.  They said its significantly smaller then san andreas and therefore a helicopter works fine to get around.

9/11 Never Forget

rockhead1490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 rockhead1490
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="MuffinPunk"][QUOTE="sheepdogg23"]

9/11 HAS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY THERE ARE NO PLANES IN GTA IV !!!

Direct quote from GameInformer Magazing
"There are no planes, because it's just a city," adds Houser. "Apart from the fact that [the vehicles] are similar. We want it to feel realistic and gritty. [Bellic] is not going to be riding a unicycle or rollerblading. We are giving choice and variety that feels right for that character. We're not suddenly saying theree are no motorbikes. We are keeping all of that stuff. It's the same range and diversity that we had, but to fit the character."

emgesp

The inner voice speaks the truth my young apprentice ;)

Rockstar had to have some excuse why there will not be planes, of course they are not going to say that they took them out because of 9/11.

You sir, are a retard You said early on in the topic "They made it perfectly clear, they took them out, because of the 9/11 tragedy." Now you say "of course they are not going to say they took them out because of 9/11".

You should never be allowed to post in this forum again. You are an idiot.

trickmyster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 trickmyster13
Member since 2005 • 2017 Posts
I know most of you won't beleive me but I am dead serios, them taking planes out just lost thier buy from me, No planes=no buy, I hope this game flops now.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
They didn't take them out because of 9/11. The planes were taken out because they were going for a more realistic game experience. Just like in GTA 3, the only plane in the game was hardly pilotable. It's like what they said about Saints Row. You can't just get into a plane and know how to fly it instantly. That is way out of character.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I know most of you won't beleive me but I am dead serios, them taking planes out just lost thier buy from me, No planes=no buy, I hope this game flops now.trickmyster13

Are you a pilot or something? I think you will be missing out on a great game. But to each his own.

andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#190 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
yeah, they should have kept it in, i loved flying into buildngs.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 the1stmoonfly
yeah, they should have kept it in, i loved flying into buildngs.andrewkozis
thats asking for trouble, especially seeing as it wasnt fun at all, because the explosion was naff, the building didnt dammage and it meant a walk or drive from the hospital back to the aircraft. leave it out mate.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#192 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

Thats pretty dumb, NO planes in GTA? this sucks..., hey should've done it in italy or tokyo I want PLANES! 

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 the1stmoonfly

[QUOTE="emgesp"]also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?-KinGz-

Thats pretty dumb, NO planes in GTA? this sucks..., hey should've done it in italy or tokyo I want PLANES! 

maybe they could have just taken out the buildings and given you your precious planes eh:)
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
I liked being ablw to fly around too.  However this is supposed to be a new chapter for GTA.  Maybe there are aspects of the city that will be so fun and unexpected that planes will look like a silly diversion of the past.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#195 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]because wars don't take place in america ? sound dumb but that the only thing I could think about .Rossdaboss777
no rly thats true!

How do you figure? Revolutionary War? War of 1812? American Civil War? Spanish American War? World War 2 (Pearl Harbor IS ours, after all)?

The planes were taken out, supposedly, for the sake of realism... and probably because it made things too complicated or just didn't work. To say they took them out because of 9-11 is ignorant. You fly planes in the other GTA games. It's just some stupid comment made that people want to take as fact. 

trickmyster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 trickmyster13
Member since 2005 • 2017 Posts

[QUOTE="trickmyster13"]I know most of you won't beleive me but I am dead serios, them taking planes out just lost thier buy from me, No planes=no buy, I hope this game flops now.madskills6117

Are you a pilot or something? I think you will be missing out on a great game. But to each his own.

Well the only reason I ever bought GTA SA and Gta VC, was to fly around in the planes, I want to be a pilot when I grow up, so these games were always fun to tinker around with even though they are unrealistic in terms of flight. I have never done a GTA mission in my life, I have only flew around in planes and parachuted out etc..

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

If I want to fly planes into buildings in a virtual world, I'm sick now? I was doing it before 9/11, why wouldn't I now? How is that anymore sick than chainsawing someone in half in Gears? It's a GAME. And honestly, all these people on their high horses who are acting all high and mighty need to relax. We've all had tragedy in our lives. There's nothing that makes any one awful event more awful than another. They're just awful, period.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="madskills6117"]

[QUOTE="trickmyster13"]I know most of you won't beleive me but I am dead serios, them taking planes out just lost thier buy from me, No planes=no buy, I hope this game flops now.trickmyster13

Well the only reason I ever bought GTA SA and Gta VC, was to fly around in the planes, I want to be a pilot when I grow up, so these games were always fun to tinker around with even though they are unrealistic in terms of flight. I have never done a GTA mission in my life, I have only flew around in planes and parachuted out etc..

If you haven't done so already, you may want to check out some flight simulation games. Flying in GTA is cool but to miss out on the experience because of the lack of planes is pushing it a little.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
Also take out cars sinse more people die in car crashes, I mean, a plane is just a way of going from a to b, just like a car.
Pwnager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#200 Pwnager
Member since 2004 • 1947 Posts
whatever the reason is, its a damn shame cause the planes were awesome in SA