Since they are taking out planes in GTA4, because of 9/11. Then why don't they..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeltoidRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DeltoidRecon
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

Wars don't have the same impact as terrorism. Besides, humanity has grown pretty accustomed to war, but terrorism at the scale and media exposure levels of today is an unprecedented phenomenon, therefore it generates more buzz and stirs up more emotions. Rockstar is just covering it's ass. Can you imagine the boycotts GTAIV would get if someone were to fly a plane into a skyscraper in-game?monco59

Err.. last time I remember there is a plane that randomly crashes into a tall building while in Los Santos in GTA San Andreas (the place where the lowrider competition first begins). 

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
I can't believe how much support this move is getting. It seems to me many Americans seem to think they way to show you care is to act like it happened yesterday. Here in Britain we took the attitude that if you let terrorism affects you it wins. The US reacted to 9/11 like they were the first country to experience terrorism, and what is truly sad is that the terrorist's effects still live on even now.deviates1080
So this effect the way I live? My life? Rockstar playing it safe and taking them out does not show how American's are afraid of terrorism. Most people in this topic are mad because others, like, yourself keep saying 9/11 should be forgotten. Plus rockhead1490 just said that this might not even be the reason it was taken out of the game.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
My biggest complaint is that there is no STATEN ISLAND!! Do you know what it looks like! I bet not, and I would like the world to know! And don't say you've seen that True life staten island girl thingie! (and I bet no one has seen that)
hokioma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hokioma
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts

This is stupid... it's NOT New York, The 2 towers are NOT in the game, You CAN'T make any building fall down, Oh and iti s just a game... (where you can beat down innocent people to death, shoot police officers and run down a mass of people with your car and more) AND I loved to fly around in GTA...  prays for chopters atleast. + I can fly planes into builings in real life New York in my flight sim too.

Unkind223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Unkind223
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts

Sorry but they took planes out because its NY alone. They made that perfectly clear and they wanted it to be as realistic as possible. Im not looking forward to no planes either but R* got a point.. You dont take a plane from 1 side of New York to the other. There will most likely be Helicopters though.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="aresdude"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"]

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]If they took planes out because of 9/11 then that is some hypocritical bull**** and yes we should get over 9/11, last time I remembered millions die every year because of injustices and wars, famines, neglected by humanity at large, but one incident is just oh so much to take in. It's the idea that offends americans most not the action.Hoobinator

9/11 happened because of a group of muslim terrorists, who hate America with all their might, went unoppossed. At the cost of a few of their lives, they were able to kill a huge number of innocent Americans. In the Islamic nations, people cheered on the streets at the news of this horrible event.

Telling people to, as you put it, "we should get over 9/11", is like telling people to forget it ever happened, and if that happens, an event similiar to 9/11 is bound to happen again.

As a New Yorker, saying this would be like me saying, "forget about slavery" to african americans, "forget about the Holocaust" to jewish people, and saying "forget about (insert event)" to (insert group of people).

I can assure you that the african american community would not appreciate a video game that had recreations of slavery that occured, and that jews would not want a video game that had gas chambers, etc.

OK, then ban all war games, people died in wars. Ban all WW2 shooters, ban all vietnam war games, ban all games set in Iraq because over 40,000 innocent Muslim Iraqi's have died and thousands of US soldiers. Ban all shooters taking place in america because of its extortonate gun crime. Ban all America's Army games because crased american army's are destroying parts of the world.

See where I'm going here.

World War II did not happen in the last 10 years first of all. If you wanna toy with a 9/11 idea 50 years from now, it will be less severe, because the generation of people playing it will not have experienced 9/11 first hand. Banning all shooters wouldn't make sense, because shooters generally use fictional characters, and don't use things that recreate tragic events.

OH and can you tell me which games are taking place in Iraq? I really wanna know.

Last time I checked Liberty City was a fictional city :| The events that take place in GTA games have always been fictional, but now it's teh terrozist simulator :cry: .

And as for the Iraq part I should have put middle east instead, games like Battlefield 2.

But it's based on a real city, even has the city's landmarks. You are being too extreme with the "take guns out of games too!" thing. Its silly, and you know that. Something as simple as this people understand, and the last thing TakeTwo wants is to be back in the court room.
miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Uh, do you remember when they said they took out planes because youll only be in 1 city and theres nowhere to fly to?rockhead1490

LOL, yeah thats what i read, 1 city and a smaller area (but denser) than San Andreas, where'd all this 9/11 stuff come from? 

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"]

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]If they took planes out because of 9/11 then that is some hypocritical bull**** and yes we should get over 9/11, last time I remembered millions die every year because of injustices and wars, famines, neglected by humanity at large, but one incident is just oh so much to take in. It's the idea that offends americans most not the action.limpbizkit818

9/11 happened because of a group of muslim terrorists, who hate America with all their might, went unoppossed. At the cost of a few of their lives, they were able to kill a huge number of innocent Americans. In the Islamic nations, people cheered on the streets at the news of this horrible event.

Telling people to, as you put it, "we should get over 9/11", is like telling people to forget it ever happened, and if that happens, an event similiar to 9/11 is bound to happen again.

As a New Yorker, saying this would be like me saying, "forget about slavery" to african americans, "forget about the Holocaust" to jewish people, and saying "forget about (insert event)" to (insert group of people).

I can assure you that the african american community would not appreciate a video game that had recreations of slavery that occured, and that jews would not want a video game that had gas chambers, etc.

OK, then ban all war games, people died in wars. Ban all WW2 shooters, ban all vietnam war games, ban all games set in Iraq because over 40,000 innocent Muslim Iraqi's have died and thousands of US soldiers. Ban all shooters taking place in america because of its extortonate gun crime. Ban all America's Army games because crased american army's are destroying parts of the world.

World War II did not happen in the last 10 years first of all. If you wanna toy with a 9/11 idea 50 years from now, it will be less severe, because the generation of people playing it will not have experienced 9/11 first hand. Banning all shooters wouldn't make sense, because shooters generally use fictional characters, and don't use things that recreate tragic events.

OH and can you tell me which games are taking place in Iraq? I really wanna know.

Last time I checked Liberty City was a fictional city :| The events that take place in GTA games have always been fictional, but now it's teh terrozist simulator :cry: .

And as for the Iraq part I should have put middle east instead, games like Battlefield 2.

But it's based on a real city, even has the city's landmarks. You are being too extreme with the "take guns out of games too!" thing. Its silly, and you know that. Something as simple as this people understand, and the last thing TakeTwo wants is to be back in the court room.

But let's face it they're gonna be anyway. Someone somewhere in america is going to be all over GTA4, and they know it.

As for the guns part it's not as extreme as you'd think, Germany has banned FPS type games with gun violence. And the facts speak for themselves guns kill more than any acts of terrorism, fact. It seems to me that it's OK to do the 1001 other acts of terrorism in the game, but the act of flying a plane is so reprehensible when it is a fictional city, that may be based off a real city but in a court of law RockStar always change their games enough for it not to be a problem. 

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

The game already takes a huge amount of heat from the guns and being able to kill cops, hookers and so on. The last thing Rockstar wants is 9/11 familys on their case. If it was any other city I am sure their would be planes, but not in NY. Plus, why should we just "get over" 9/11? Its easy to move on when the event did not at all affect your life. Any tragedie, be 9/11 or a school shooting should never be forgotten or simply brushed off.limpbizkit818

I completely agree.

As it did indeed, greatly effect my life...

Afroty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Afroty
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts
What is wrong with the world 2day!! It's only a game FFS!!
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="deviates1080"]I can't believe how much support this move is getting. It seems to me many Americans seem to think they way to show you care is to act like it happened yesterday. Here in Britain we took the attitude that if you let terrorism affects you it wins. The US reacted to 9/11 like they were the first country to experience terrorism, and what is truly sad is that the terrorist's effects still live on even now.limpbizkit818
So this effect the way I live? My life? Rockstar playing it safe and taking them out does not show how American's are afraid of terrorism. Most people in this topic are mad because others, like, yourself keep saying 9/11 should be forgotten. Plus rockhead1490 just said that this might not even be the reason it was taken out of the game.

I never said it should be forgotten, but you can hardly deny its impact even today on the US. Something like that can't and shouldn't be forgotten and neither should the people who died but that doesn't mean the rest of the world should walk around on tip-toes incase someone mentions the word 'plane' or 'terrorist.' Take a terrorist attack, add a bit of American Exceptionalism (I've used the textbook terminology to be kind) and you have a country constantly on the edge of its seat ready to grieve.

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

Saints Row didn't have planes and everyone raises hell, GTA4 has no planes and everyone understands? DZBricktop

Well first off Saints row was not in new york or any place that looked like it so there goes your case for this issue, LEts not forget that 9/11 was the biggest and most tragic terrorist attack on US soil, Why should we forget about that?  and that whole you should take out guns becuase of war argument, OK then basically your saying any game with gunfire in it should not be allowed either then?  come on its a plane who cares about a friggin plane its a great game and i dont think anyone really cares that much.  If your one of those people that says we should get over it why dont you say that to al the families that lost someone on that day, so that you can have a plane in a video game.

GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

Because 9/11 was 3000 plus innocent people who where non combatants killed by cowards?

Thats like saying "Well, more people died in WW2 than in pearl harbor... so pearl harbor shouldnt be remembered" or

"several hundred thousand died in the tsunami, but you know... a lot of people die each year by weather... get over it"

Soldier in a war put themselves in harms way to get a job done, they know this, and they do it anyway because they are called upon to do it... I dont think the office workers in the WTC had the same job description did they?

stealthrodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 stealthrodent
Member since 2003 • 1508 Posts

The game already takes a huge amount of heat from the guns and being able to kill cops, hookers and so on. The last thing Rockstar wants is 9/11 familys on their case. If it was any other city I am sure their would be planes, but not in NY. Plus, why should we just "get over" 9/11? Its easy to move on when the event did not at all affect your life. Any tragedie, be 9/11 or a school shooting should never be forgotten or simply brushed off.limpbizkit818

Nicely said.

_Kramer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 _Kramer_
Member since 2005 • 3982 Posts

[QUOTE="monco59"]Wars don't have the same impact as terrorism. Hoobinator

That's probably one of the most stupidest things I think I've read on GS forums for a while. Wars kill on a scale that terrorirsm can only dream about. The reason why terrorism is given more coverage is because it's sensationalist, you can use it to your own advantage, further your own agendas.

What he meant was that people fear terrorism more than they do wars. The reason being is that terrorism can strike here at home. The difference with terorism and wars is that wars are fought in different countries. The last war to be fought here in America was the Civil War.

We as Americans have grown accustomed to war and we take it for granted as we haven't experienced war at our doorstep for over 200 years. Before 9/11 occured, America was thought to be untouchable. As the only remaining Superpower at the time, Americans thought we could never be attacked directly here at home. That's was the effect that 9/11 had on us as it struck fear into the hearts of millions of Americans.

rockhead1490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rockhead1490
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="rockhead1490"]Uh, do you remember when they said they took out planes because youll only be in 1 city and theres nowhere to fly to?emgesp

They made it perfectly clear, they took them out, because of the 9/11 tragedy.

Yeah im still waiting for you to show us this.

Anyway, i think either the poster is trying desperately to start popular topics and spread lies, or hes a fool.The 9/11 thing is nonsense. Somebody should have set him straight as soon as this topic opened. 

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

omg is this guy serious?

If you can't understand why they look out the planes then you need to go back to school  

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deviates1080

Because 9/11 was 3000 plus innocent people who where non combatants killed by cowards?

Thats like saying "Well, more people died in WW2 than in pearl harbor... so pearl harbor shouldnt be remembered" or

"several hundred thousand died in the tsunami, but you know... a lot of people die each year by weather... get over it"

Soldier in a war put themselves in harms way to get a job done, they know this, and they do it anyway because they are called upon to do it... I dont think the office workers in the WTC had the same job description did they?

GameArtGuy

Yes, lets remember the tragedy by cutting out anything remotley relevant out of popular culture.

rockhead1490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rockhead1490
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="emgesp"]

[QUOTE="rockhead1490"]Uh, do you remember when they said they took out planes because youll only be in 1 city and theres nowhere to fly to?rockhead1490

Anyway, i think either the poster is trying desperately to start popular topics and spread lies, or hes a fool.The 9/11 thing is nonsense. Somebody should have set him straight as soon as this topic opened. People keep comming in and ranting on about 9/11. Buddy, not even a factor. Let it go, put the topic to rest.

aresdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 aresdude
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"]

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]If they took planes out because of 9/11 then that is some hypocritical bull**** and yes we should get over 9/11, last time I remembered millions die every year because of injustices and wars, famines, neglected by humanity at large, but one incident is just oh so much to take in. It's the idea that offends americans most not the action.Hoobinator

But let's face it they're gonna be anyway. Someone somewhere in america is going to be all over GTA4, and they know it.

As for the guns part it's not as extreme as you'd think, Germany has banned FPS type games with gun violence. And the facts speak for themselves guns kill more than any acts of terrorism, fact. It seems to me that it's OK to do the 1001 other acts of terrorism in the game, but the act of flying a plane is so reprehensible when it is a fictional city, that may be based off a real city but in a court of law RockStar always change their games enough for it not to be a problem.

Umm your wrong, guns don't people.

People kill people. And at that, you say more people were killed with guns than acts of terrorrism. Well the people who use guns to kill people are terrorists in my eyes. 

Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
Saints Row didn't have planes and everyone raises hell, GTA4 has no planes and everyone understands? DZBricktop
dude this whole thread is about people not agreeing with rockstar taking planes out. read before you post buddy
Mecamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mecamatt
Member since 2006 • 1337 Posts

Wars don't have the same impact as terrorism. Besides, humanity has grown pretty accustomed to war, but terrorism at the scale and media exposure levels of today is an unprecedented phenomenon, therefore it generates more buzz and stirs up more emotions. Rockstar is just covering it's ass. Can you imagine the boycotts GTAIV would get if someone were to fly a plane into a skyscraper in-game?monco59

Your vocabulary pwns :D

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"]

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]If they took planes out because of 9/11 then that is some hypocritical bull**** and yes we should get over 9/11, last time I remembered millions die every year because of injustices and wars, famines, neglected by humanity at large, but one incident is just oh so much to take in. It's the idea that offends americans most not the action.aresdude

People kill people. And at that, you say more people were killed with guns than acts of terrorrism. Well the people who use guns to kill people are terrorists in my eyes.

Then NY and America is full of thousands of terrorists.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
The word "presumably" was used in the article.
The_SandRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 The_SandRock
Member since 2004 • 1946 Posts

also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

I don't think they took it out because of 9/11, I think they wanted a little more realism to it.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deviates1080
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="aresdude"]

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]If they took planes out because of 9/11 then that is some hypocritical bull**** and yes we should get over 9/11, last time I remembered millions die every year because of injustices and wars, famines, neglected by humanity at large, but one incident is just oh so much to take in. It's the idea that offends americans most not the action.aresdude

Ouch, huge generalization.

aresdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 aresdude
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

I think a moderator should close this thread, as its becoming uncontrollable and pointless.

If people wanna rant off about something they can't change, well, that's what blogs are for.

miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="rockhead1490"][QUOTE="emgesp"]

[QUOTE="rockhead1490"]Uh, do you remember when they said they took out planes because youll only be in 1 city and theres nowhere to fly to?rockhead1490

Anyway, i think either the poster is trying desperately to start popular topics and spread lies, or hes a fool.The 9/11 thing is nonsense. Somebody should have set him straight as soon as this topic opened. People keep comming in and ranting on about 9/11. Buddy, not even a factor. Let it go, put the topic to rest.

yup, still waitin on a link 

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MuffinPunk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJtOdh7dEbM           Lets all settle down!

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
u cant just "get over" 9-11
Avatar image for spartanshorts07
spartanshorts07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 spartanshorts07
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
get over it? you are an @#$hole. my mom is gone and you think I can get over that.Your absolutely sick.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

Since when did the developers of GTA give a damn about this kinda stuff.

To all those 9/11 people who still obsess about it, yes I know it sucks but there is some point at which you have to let go. Sorry to sound insensitive, but it urks the hell out of me when people go on about 9/11 and how "tragic" it was. Lest we forget far worse things (and higher death tolls) happen around the world on a regular basis, yet surprise surprise no one seems to care about those. Instead of sulking about something that happened over 5 years ago why don't you people go out and do soemthing productive, like I dunno, raise money for people in third world countries who go through hell on a regular basis. That is if you truly care about the "injustice" in the world.

AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts

Well why are you in a video game forum if your anti guns becausw half of 360 games involve guns.

kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
beacause you live in a facist country led by satan himself.....thats why...
CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts

couldnt of put it any better

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deviates1080

To all those 9/11 people who still obsess about it, yes I know it sucks but there is some point at which you have to let go. Sorry to sound insensitive, but it urks the hell out of me when people go on about 9/11 and how "tragic" it was. Lest we forget far worse things (and higher death tolls) happen around the world on a regular basis, yet surprise surprise no one seems to care about those. Instead of sulking about something that happened over 5 years ago why don't you people go out and do soemthing productive, like I dunno, raise money for people in third world countries who go through hell on a regular basis. That is if you truly care about the "injustice" in the world.

Santas_Hitman

Unfortunatley too many people here are of the opinion that if you stop grieving you stop caring.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
If just one person recreates the 9/11 incident on the game, Michael Moore would be so up Rockstar's a$$ they wouldnt be able to make another GTA game for a long time.
_Kramer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 _Kramer_
Member since 2005 • 3982 Posts

Santas_Hitman

You can move on with your lives, but you can never forget something like 9/11. Why do you think Pearl Harbor is still being remembered after like 60 years? Does it make it wrong for people to still have bad memories over 9/11? No it's not.

DJ_Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DJ_Xbox
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts
also take out the guns, because more Americans have died in wars, than the 9/11 incident. Why can't people get over 9/11?emgesp

Why cant you go buy Flight Simulator for PC if you want to fly planes?
chipface-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 chipface-z
Member since 2006 • 1336 Posts

If they're taking out planes because of 9/11 then that's just plain stupid. The attacks were terrible but they shouldn't be used as an excuse for anything and everything(War in Iraq, laws that stifle peoples rights). And besides, the amount of people the US government has killed since then has far exceeded the death told of the September 11th terrorist attacks.

DJ_Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DJ_Xbox

PS:
Your going to get flamed.

Bad.
Smoov_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Smoov_B
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

This is lame. Planes exist. Planes crash. It sucks but we pull ourselves together and move on. Now, it's been awhile, but I thought I remembered being able to fly a sea-plane in Vice City. Are they taking out helicopters too? The number of cities certainly shouldn't have any impact on whether or not you can fly. (I spent most of my time flying in San Andreas, mowing people down in Vegas telling them they were all living in sin :D I never really bothered ever flying long distances.) So as far as city size is concerned as an excuse I think it's lame.

And certainly, 9/11 was a terribly tradegy but what about the train bombings in Madrid? Or the Underground attacks in London? A central theme of the game is unrestrained, chaotic violence - certainly not the point but an essential option. If they had included the twin towers that would have been an atrocious slap in the face. But removing a daily element of life because some schmuck decided to use it as a weapon is dumb. 

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Political correctness gone mad. deviates1080
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MuffinPunk

Ok people may want Jar Jar binks dead, but Darth mauls all ready been sliced like bread so what you gonna do about it!

Damn I'm off topic again!

DJ_Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DJ_Xbox

I predict the next thread on this forum will be something along the lines of "TERROIST DUN' MESSED UP GTA FOR EVERYBODY YO"

slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 slidet22
Member since 2006 • 887 Posts

Yeah, why not? Oh, it might have something to do with the fact the victims of 9/11 weren't soldiers in a voluntary fight for their lives. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that so many unexpecting, innocent Americans died from a sucker punch on our own soil for no other reason than the fact that they were American. Yeah, let's just get over it. I'll tell you what, you start telling the families of 9/11 to get over that. No no - don't get up from the safety of your computer monitor and protective bubble - those silly victims should JUST! MOVE! ON!

If only we could move on from ignorance and insensitivity.

Let's take it one step further. If we just get over it, why not let out all the murderers who killed innocent people. Lord knows the victims should be over that by now too... 

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="Santas_Hitman"]

deviates1080

Unfortunatley too many people here are of the opinion that if you stop grieving you stop caring.

Not really. People care about others, do productive things and so on. There is no need to stop grieving for the dead, and it is not getting in the way of anything. There could be other means of flying, who knows. Easy for some to say "let it go, move on, forget it" and not for others. Again, the reason they took them out might not even be because of 9/11
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts

[QUOTE="aresdude"]I'm assuming you don't live in New York. If I am correct on my assumption, then I ask you to try to realize what 9/11 means to the millions of New Yorker's. Even allowing the possibility of a recreation of something close to 9/11 in a video game would not only be immoral, but it would also cause a whole lot of unnecessary trouble for Rockstar.RebornInFlames

Dude, I've been recreating 911 in san andreas since it came out.....its not like you cant do that in any ms flight sim game

You are sick.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MuffinPunk

Yeah, why not? Oh, it might have something to do with the fact the victims of 9/11 weren't soldiers in a voluntary fight for their lives. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that so many unexpecting, innocent Americans died from a sucker punch on our own soil for no other reason than the fact that they were American. Yeah, let's just get over it. I'll tell you what, you start telling the families of 9/11 to get over that. No no - don't get up from the safety of your computer monitor and protective bubble - those silly victims should JUST! MOVE! ON!

If only we could move on from ignorance and insensitivity.

Let's take it one step further. If we just get over it, why not let out all the murderers who killed innocent people. Lord knows the victims should be over that by now too... 

slidet22

Just beutiful! Speaking as a New Yorker, that was spot on! Good show!