READ THIS!!! Solution to crashes caused by overheating!! (Thanks for the sticky)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wingman358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 wingman358
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
You could also use a regular household fan and point it at the powersupply. That would help cooling A LOT.
LegionOSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 LegionOSH
Member since 2003 • 525 Posts
Hmm...my NFS:MW locked up twice on me last night (and Condemned once) while I was playing. I saw the thing about the power brick heating issue before I opened my 360 and I have the power brick on a tile floor in a decently open air space behind my TV shelf. I was playing games for a few hours yesterday when the second lockup occured, and when I tried to restart I was getting red flashing lights. I don't remember if it was in only some or all of the quadrants but I think it was all 4 (yes I know that usually dictates the AV cable not being plugged in).

I had played the console for a few hours prior to the crashes and it had seemed fine.

Also I was at the dashboard after the crash and tried to bring up my gamer achievments and the system would be stuck in a loop not being able to find anything.  I powered down the system, let it cool down for a little bit and tried it again later and it ran fine for a while.

I then tried Condemned and it ran for a little bit and then it locked up...not sure why (but for some reason my room seemed un-naturally hot yesterday). I just purchased a new 32" LCD HDTV and maybe everything in one area is causing a heat issue.  (even though it is an "open air" cabinet with no sides or back, only glass shelves with a wood top and base and 3 metal supporting columns...otherwise totally open on all sides). But the area of the entertainment center was very warm yesterday, which puzzled anyone who walked by..myself included

I will try rearranging some things when I get home to see if the problem still persists. I really don't want to have to send it back in for repair.

Also, has anyone else noticed how WARM the games discs are once they are removed from the console after any extended length of play time? Everyone I know who purchased a 360 has also noticed this. My friend was ripping CDs to his system for like 4 hours and then was playing some PDZ when it locked up on him. He restarted his system and last I heard all was well, but then again I haven't seen him since Wednesday....

I will let everyone know what I find out.

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. Just fyi, when playing DVDs (and I assume ripping CDs and such) the system only runs on 1 Core...when playing games it turns on all 3 cores...maybe this explains why DVDs work fine for some people but the system locks up when playing a game?
gotetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 gotetsu
Member since 2003 • 85 Posts
[QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="soul_raver47"]Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!-Unreal-

Something this stupid doesn't need floated. Xbox 360 has a fault that needs to be addressed. A thread with some measley little thing like "have the power block off the ground" isn't float worthy.

I agree it needs to be adressed by MS. But this is just a temporary fix. If it works, why wouldn't it be stickied. It could help A LOT of people until they release new PSUs.

So you're telling me, the mods should float a thread which has one thing in it, a fiddly little thing like holding the PSU up off the ground? For an unspecified time until MS **might** swap ALL faulty PSU's people have?
Hmmmm... somehow I don't think so.
Bottom line is, if your 360 is crashing, send it back, it's that simple.

OMG.... would you please shut up?

Golden_surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Golden_surfer
Member since 2004 • 5749 Posts

Hey dude, you got posted on the inquirer-

Good thread, congrats.

bakerdp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 bakerdp
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Great topic man.  Since I had overheating problems with my NES a long time ago, I have always used the "milk crate" type bins as stands for my consoles.  Anybody who has milk crates, or similar bins could use these as well.  Also, any kind of "bread rack" wire shelves. 

Again, great topic. 

lordsunce818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 lordsunce818
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
I think the best way to keep your xbox 360 cooled would be attach it on a string in the air, and have the air conditioner on when u play, i think that would be good.
turnpiketexas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 turnpiketexas8
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
yeah i was really scared when i started hearing bout all these (supposedly true) stories of technical failures but after hearing this it is a little reassuring  but it would of been better if microsoft would have held off till like next summer and fixed all this crap instead of releasing a piece of crap    but i still cant wait to get it
brandonstoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 brandonstoll
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts

[QUOTE="mjsoccer"]we need to tell everyone Goldeneyemaster

I agree I am sick of all those "My 360 just crashed!!!!!" topics when there is a very easy fix.

They shouldn't be crashing.

basheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 basheron
My Xbox 360 would over heat every 20-30 minutes after an hour or two of gaming. The power supply was sitting on carpet and was really hot. I it it up on the corners of two DVD cases for now, and have been gaming for about 4 hours straight now! STICKY
falstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#260 falstaff
Member since 2002 • 577 Posts

[QUOTE="mgsninja"][QUOTE="NickUK2001"]Well, this solution made 'the inquirer' so hopefully word will spread now and less people will be complaining :)
Goldeneyemaster

And ITavisen.no

Wow I am surprised people actually wrote articles about this.

Wow, great publicity! Too bad it doesn't work ( er stop the freezing?) falstaff

It actually does stop a lot of the freezing.  It stopped all of the freezing for me except for the freezing in PDZ.

I just rented NHL for the 360, just to see if PDZ was the problem (w/ PDZ I could play for a max of 8-10min w/out it freezing) Anyways WOW! I've been playing for over 40min with no probs? What's with PDZ? any ideas? Sorry for shootin' down your theory. peace.
Redwings88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Redwings88
Hi, Do you have a photo of the label? I am curious to see what Chinese company made the Huge Brick. If you don't see a name of the company, if you can let me know the 4 digit code by the UL logo... Thanks, Brent
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
[QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]

[QUOTE="mgsninja"][QUOTE="NickUK2001"]Well, this solution made 'the inquirer' so hopefully word will spread now and less people will be complaining :)
falstaff

And ITavisen.no

Wow I am surprised people actually wrote articles about this.

Wow, great publicity! Too bad it doesn't work ( er stop the freezing?) falstaff

It actually does stop a lot of the freezing.  It stopped all of the freezing for me except for the freezing in PDZ.

I just rented NHL for the 360, just to see if PDZ was the problem (w/ PDZ I could play for a max of 8-10min w/out it freezing) Anyways WOW! I've been playing for over 40min with no probs? What's with PDZ? any ideas? Sorry for shootin' down your theory. peace.

No I totally agree with you, What IS with PDZ.  When I called tech support the lady told me almost all of the people calling about freezing were having problems with PDZ.  I am very curious as to why PDZ freezes so much.  I played PGR3 and CoD2 each for about 3 hours and they didn't freeze once.  But when I start up PDZ it freezes after about 20 minutes.  Well I am getting my system replaced anyway by MS, hopefully that will fix it.

Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Goldeneyemaster

Hi, Do you have a photo of the label? I am curious to see what Chinese company made the Huge Brick. If you don't see a name of the company, if you can let me know the 4 digit code by the UL logo... Thanks, Brent Redwings88

Ok here are some pics of the label:

DSC00202.jpgDSC00207.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

And this shows that it has to be good :roll:

DSC00211.jpg

skidogallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 skidogallard
Hey, can someone give me the dimensions of the "power bick." That would be much apprieciated.
Jessie-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Jessie-
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
I haven't read through the whole thread, (well only the first page) but is there a less shonky workaround to this?
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Goldeneyemaster

I haven't read through the whole thread, (well only the first page) but is there a less shonky workaround to this?Jessie-

This is the easiest way I have found so far.

ChadDarkian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 ChadDarkian
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
that's intresting so PDZ has had a lot of freezing problems. i did think it was werid that i could play halo 2 fine but it would freeze on PDZ. anyway has anyone had trouble with setting the time? 
SparkyArki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 SparkyArki
Member since 2004 • 365 Posts
[QUOTE="JumpingMirrior"] [QUOTE="Redstorm"]

It's good to see that many of your freezing problems have been solved or that you have found a temporary solution. I tried putting my psu on an open box as pictured and put my 360 on another box, so that it sits up off the table about 2 inches (laying flat of course). Neither of these two fixes have worked for my system.

I spent 4 hours on hold (not all together) on 4 seperate calls to MS. They are sending me a box so that I can send my 360 in for repair. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try?

I went over to a friend's place last night, he has a 360 too. It was nice to see how the machine should be running and at the same time it was disappointing because mine doesn't work.

I haven't even turned my 360 on today, probably will do so as I can play for about 20 minutes before it freezes, but the thrill of having a new system is gone for now.

Redstorm

Well, your freezing problem is probably not due to overheating. It sprobably a defect...I dont know anything you could do.

Thanks, guess I just have to wait for that box to come and then send the system in.  Very disappointing.

i feel for you man itll be alright until then watch videos on this website and dream..we all can dream
JSein456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#269 JSein456
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
Bet you now they wish they had gone with the liquid cooling option...definitely next gen in my opinion. It's not too late to add that to the manufacturing process. Besides, it'll make up for the lack of stock nicely.
Goldrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Goldrock
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts
Shouldnt keep any of ya systems on the floor especially carpet do to static 1 can fry ya cpu faster an ell 2 it attracts the heat so yeah it will over heat i had these problems with my ps2 when they was new.
Superbustacap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#271 Superbustacap
Member since 2004 • 10663 Posts

Does it overheat more if more things are plugged in?

andyy2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 andyy2b
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I have been playing my X-Box 360 non-stop since Monday and I am honestly wondering if it is something to do with the Perfect Dark Zero discs as opposed to over-heating problems.

I had 4 games for my X-Box 360 on Monday: Gun, Tiger Woods 06, Kameo and Need for Speed most wanted and played them for a total of 5 hours straight, swapping each game every hour or so without turning the machine off and on, just using the media remote to open the drive and no crashes at all.

Played each game on and off for a few days then on Wednesday I bought Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero. Put Call of Duty 2 in Wednesday night and played for 40 minutes with no problems then popped in Perfect Dark Zero and 10 minutes into the first level...Bam! The game freezes up. I turn the machine off then on again and I played for 40 minutes with no crashes.

Didn't get chance to play my X-Box 360 on thanksgiving but I turned it on today and started playing Perfect Dark Zero and 20 minutes into the game it freezes again. Turned it on and off and played for 20 minutes more then swapped the disc for Need for Speed Most Wanted and no problems then played Call of Duty 2 for 40 Minutes and again no crashing.

It just seems weird that Perfect Dark is the only game I seem to have trouble with, all my other games have not crashed once. I do notice the X-Box 360 feels warm after it is turned off but while it is turned on you can feel cool air blowing out of it and the machine feels cool when it is turned on. My power brick never seems to get hot but feels warm after use, but again nothing alarming.

I have tried moving the Power Brick to various positions but I still have problems with Perfect Dark. Has anyone tried calling Rare about the crashing problem?

I hope someone can solve this mystery as I just want to enjoy Perfect Dark and not wonder why I waisted my money on a $400 paper weight.

Braveheart456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Braveheart456
Well guys all this talk about frezzing 360's and overheating makes me sad that my parents spent 800 dollars on games and accesories for the 360.  I hope it is just PDZ and not other games I really want to enjoy this! :cry:
mikethemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#274 mikethemonkey
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts
Save your XBOX 360 receipt boys and girls! I smell a recall in the making!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
jccraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 jccraig

OMFG that power supply is huge!! i thought it was a joke

TeRRoR877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 TeRRoR877
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts
I am DEFINETLY getting a warrenty.
falstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 falstaff
Member since 2002 • 577 Posts

I have been playing my X-Box 360 non-stop since Monday and I am honestly wondering if it is something to do with the Perfect Dark Zero discs as opposed to over-heating problems.

I had 4 games for my X-Box 360 on Monday: Gun, Tiger Woods 06, Kameo and Need for Speed most wanted and played them for a total of 5 hours straight, swapping each game every hour or so without turning the machine off and on, just using the media remote to open the drive and no crashes at all.

Played each game on and off for a few days then on Wednesday I bought Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero. Put Call of Duty 2 in Wednesday night and played for 40 minutes with no problems then popped in Perfect Dark Zero and 10 minutes into the first level...Bam! The game freezes up. I turn the machine off then on again and I played for 40 minutes with no crashes.

Didn't get chance to play my X-Box 360 on thanksgiving but I turned it on today and started playing Perfect Dark Zero and 20 minutes into the game it freezes again. Turned it on and off and played for 20 minutes more then swapped the disc for Need for Speed Most Wanted and no problems then played Call of Duty 2 for 40 Minutes and again no crashing.

It just seems weird that Perfect Dark is the only game I seem to have trouble with, all my other games have not crashed once. I do notice the X-Box 360 feels warm after it is turned off but while it is turned on you can feel cool air blowing out of it and the machine feels cool when it is turned on. My power brick never seems to get hot but feels warm after use, but again nothing alarming.

I have tried moving the Power Brick to various positions but I still have problems with Perfect Dark. Has anyone tried calling Rare about the crashing problem?

I hope someone can solve this mystery as I just want to enjoy Perfect Dark and not wonder why I waisted my money on a $400 paper weight.

andyy2b
I'm gonna rent another copy of perfect dark zero and see if it's just a random disk problem. Has anyone tried this yet?
kokaiinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 kokaiinum
Member since 2005 • 2400 Posts
Hope my Europe 360 wont crash like that, but if it does f**k it, cause there is a 2 year warrenty on every thing you buy here i Denmark.
ohmydays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 ohmydays
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
i think the best way would be for everybody to just put their xbox360 in a mini fridge right next to their couches and just cut some holes to plug it into the tv plus if u ever get thirsty you can grab a soda lolX360PS3AMD05
Im gonna try that with my PC lol
VioletPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#280 VioletPiranha
Member since 2004 • 3580 Posts
Nice one m8 you got mentioned on this webiste aswell :P LINK
DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#281 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
the power thing is a beast!
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Goldeneyemaster
[QUOTE="andyy2b"]

falstaff

I'm gonna rent another copy of perfect dark zero and see if it's just a random disk problem. Has anyone tried this yet?

Don't waste your money.  I have two friends with PDZs (no 360s yet) and both of their copies froze also.

Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Goldeneyemaster

Bet you now they wish they had gone with the liquid cooling option...definitely next gen in my opinion. It's not too late to add that to the manufacturing process. Besides, it'll make up for the lack of stock nicely.JSein456

The CPU is water cooled

ricwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#284 ricwhite
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

I've dealt with heating problems with PCs for years and, although I haven't received my 360 yet, the freezings sound consistent with heating issues.

Why Perfect Dark Zero freezes up more than other games can be explained.   Some games require more processing and load on the cores.  This, in turn, requires more power and produces more heat.  This is true with PC games as well.  Some games tax the processors and heat them up much more than other games.     PD seems to be a game that taxes the processors and produces more heat.

morrisce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 morrisce
What is meant by the word crash in everyone's situation. I had a 360 that I took back to gamestop because it would keep coming up and saying that it could not read the disc with any game that I put in, but could always go back to the dashboard. Is everyone's machines totally freezing?
Minda_Cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Minda_Cubed
Member since 2002 • 12759 Posts
Didn't read through all the pages, but someone on the IGNboards mentioned that you should put it on a ceramic tile piece, which absorbs a tonne of the heat and keeps the thing cool. That's an option if you have some leftover from construction/upgrades around the house.
andyy2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 andyy2b

Well I got up at 8am this morning on a cold November day and tried playing Perfect Dark Zero again and the game froze after about 10 minutes of play. Both the power brick and the console felt pretty cool after turning off the machine.

When it freezes up the drive door still responds to the media remote, opens and closes, and the machine can still be turned off. I have never had my Circle of light on the front of the console show any red lights and have played it non stop for over 6 hours with no freezing on other games.

I wondered about Perfect Dark taking more of a toll on the system than other games but I am also wondering if the game is streaming info off of the disc while you play or loads everything into the X-Box 360 memory at which point that could be the problem, maybe something is becoming corrupted after loading the level into memory.

My copy seems to work after it crashes by turning the machine off then on again, which is strange. I thought bypassing the X-Box dashboard might be something to do with it but I tried that and still the game crashes the first time.

I am just curious but has anyone tried deleting their game save file and playing the game again after that? Also is everyone that is having freezing problems own the Hard drive or are they saving using the memory card? I am using the Hard drive for game saves.

It's really driving me nuts and makes me cautious about buying other games. I hope someone figures out what's going on or Microsoft admits there is a problem with some of the games or systems just so that we can all get it fixed.

LARGENUTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 LARGENUTZ
Thats definately not whats wrong with my 360. After working fine for two days,it froze up while downloading halo maps. When I called support, it sounded like phones were ringing off the hook. My 360 will keep freezing when I try to reset, not even making it to the start screen. Just wondering how many are having this problem???
phatram32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 phatram32
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts

Already called MS and I should be getting a replacement in a few weeks.  Its wierd how tiger woods works fine and nba live 06 and PDZ keep freezing up.  If anyone has additional solutions for the freezing problem let me know

rushthatspeaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 rushthatspeaks
Member since 2005 • 1339 Posts

The fact that you have to do this with the power supply is completely unacceptable. How f***ing dare they release the 360 with this issue. I shouldn't have to put the thing up in the air or worry about it overheating if it's not sitting in a good spot.

I'll never buy a 360 now, suck my ass Gates you ****

rushthatspeaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 rushthatspeaks
Member since 2005 • 1339 Posts
Holy crap! I didn't even read all the other issues people were having with this atrocity of modern technology! This sounds like a repeat of the Sega CD. Anyone who sticks up for the 360 at this point should have their head caved in by my fist.
galaxy_ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 galaxy_ali
Yeah PS3 is the way to go, especially since it hasn't been released and we have no idea what problems it may have when it is. Stupid fan boy shut up.
Policroma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Policroma
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

This is the same stratagey I use when I drag out my old Nintendo. It always does the trick. It seems odd that a NES could overheat but mine does and quite frankly terrifys me. I emulate now :(thegoldengrunt

You'll be happy to learn that the next Nintendo will allow you to download all NES, SNES, and Nintendo 64 games over the 'net.

Anywho, something a lot of people need to remember is that electronics (including the Xbox 360) were not meant to be kept on a carpeted floor. Carpet insulates, and will cause heat problems. If nothing else, you can lean the power brick next to a wall or keep it on a cool, flat surface.

Long_Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Long_Ranger
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
So didnt the Microsoft guys torture tested the 360 to see whats up? Or did they use some inferior components in the power supply that causes overheating resulting in crashes. Well this thread is a useful one, at least I know there is an overheating issue and if anything I need to elevate the console from the floor.
3_Doors_Down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#296 3_Doors_Down
Member since 2004 • 1228 Posts
Someone should make a list over ALL the reported probs people are having.
LARGENUTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 LARGENUTZ
Thats the best idea I have read all day. Because after spraying my unit with liquid nitrogen, on the North Pole, it still does not work!!!
Long_Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Long_Ranger
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
Every console release always have some crap issues with them. 
andyy2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 andyy2b

I think it's a joke that people are having problems with their X-Box 360's. It's not like Microsoft doesn't have enough money or playtester's to make sure every single machine is up to scratch. I mean do Microsoft honestly think that every person in the world doesn't have some form of carpet in their house that perhaps they may end up putting a console on? or that some states or country's may be, oh I dunno, warm by nature? Do they expect everyone to have hardwood floors or tiles? or suspend the console in mid-air for maximum air release?

Yeah there may be solutions to the over-heating problem but seriously what do they expect us to do play the console in Antarctica? or place the power brick in the freezer to keep it cool? We shouldn't have to find a "solution" to any problem, for $400 I expect the machine to work perfectly regardless of where I play the thing.

I have seriously lost faith in Microsoft as a competent console manufacturer. They clearly rushed the release of the X-Box 360 to get the jump on Nintendo and Sony. Yet all they are doing is making consumers mad by having no consoles available and making game company's mad by limiting game sales, i'm sure even the biggest selling X-box 360 title hasn't even sold 250,000 copies yet.

I just want Microsoft to actually acknowledge that there is a problem with the 360 or the games and actually do something about it. Mailing off your 360 and waiting 2 weeks for it to return doesn't seem like a good solution to me. If we are forced to mail it off we should at least get a free game or some kind of consolodation for the hassle.

At this rate I will have no choice but to mail mine off and wait 2 weeks to see if it still has the same freezing problems.

Microsoft you are a joke.

Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Goldeneyemaster

I think it's a joke that people are having problems with their X-Box 360's. It's not like Microsoft doesn't have enough money or playtester's to make sure every single machine is up to scratch. I mean do Microsoft honestly think that every person in the world doesn't have some form of carpet in their house that perhaps they may end up putting a console on? or that some states or country's may be, oh I dunno, warm by nature? Do they expect everyone to have hardwood floors or tiles? or suspend the console in mid-air for maximum air release?

Yeah there may be solutions to the over-heating problem but seriously what do they expect us to do play the console in Antarctica? or place the power brick in the freezer to keep it cool? We shouldn't have to find a "solution" to any problem, for $400 I expect the machine to work perfectly regardless of where I play the thing.

I have seriously lost faith in Microsoft as a competent console manufacturer. They clearly rushed the release of the X-Box 360 to get the jump on Nintendo and Sony. Yet all they are doing is making consumers mad by having no consoles available and making game company's mad by limiting game sales, i'm sure even the biggest selling X-box 360 title hasn't even sold 250,000 copies yet.

I just want Microsoft to actually acknowledge that there is a problem with the 360 or the games and actually do something about it. Mailing off your 360 and waiting 2 weeks for it to return doesn't seem like a good solution to me. If we are forced to mail it off we should at least get a free game or some kind of consolodation for the hassle.

At this rate I will have no choice but to mail mine off and wait 2 weeks to see if it still has the same freezing problems.

Microsoft you are a joke.

andyy2b

I agree