Are OLDER gamers really LOSERS???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#201 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
I'm only 20, so I know I'm younger than the demographics that have been responding to this issue, but I think it's ridiculous to say once you hit a certain age, you shouldn't play games anymore. I'm glad to see older people playing games. Kids today are terrible with games, anyways. The taste in games kids have today seem to be far less sophisticated than mine. For example, I can remember playing Sonic on the Genesis/Game Gear (yes, I did actually have a Game Gear, lol), but I saw a kid in Target one day who said Sonic was stupid. I was appalled. How sad that kids today can't appreciate gaming's greatest old characters. I play as many first-person shooters as anyone else in here, but why do kids thing games NEED to have people shooting each other? Ironically, Nintendo continually aims their systems at kids, but kids seem to be terribly unreceptive to Mario, and they only know Metroid because it's a first-person shooter now (I still believe that's the only reason Nintendo went over to the FPS genre in the first place is for the kids). So to answer the question at hand, no, I don't think there's a cut off age for gamers, and I hope to continue to see older people gaming, because I think it's good for the industry.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f20133fe9201
deactivated-5f20133fe9201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#202 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
Member since 2006 • 1120 Posts
i am 16, i have been gaming like my whole life, and i plan on gaming when i am 30+ and if that makes me a loser i am cool with it
fatty5xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 fatty5xl
Member since 2003 • 217 Posts

yes most older gamers are losers ...think about it nothing is worse than some old fart trying to hang out or play with a bunch of youngins at a kids game .thats pathetic. no myself who happens to be 43 rarely plays the multi player and am not shocked by what i hear when ido play . i was young once and dont try to rewrite history. we said dirty words and insults when we played also. even though the games were different. i tend to stick to the single player myself and leave the teabagging crowd to themselves

_SteppinRazor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 _SteppinRazor_
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
I got lip from a 15 year old for playing online, and I'm only 21.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
i myself prefer to game w/ppl my age, not saying older gamers are losers
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

I'm 28, have a great job, and a daughter. Just recently sperated, but video games played no part in that (in fact, she liked to play too).

So now Im (somewhat) single, after work, I can usually been found playing a game. Sometimes watching TV, but mostly playing something. If I have my daugther, then Im usually spending time with her, but sometimes Ill play a game with her. She really likes UNO. LOL.

On the weekends, I tend to go out with friends one night, sometimes both. Yes, I like to go out and drink and mingle. Sometimes though, I get tired of that and decide to stay in and play a game or two.

I dont let game control my life, I think it is about having priorities, and keeping first things first. I think you can be an adult and be a gamer, as long as it doesnt ruin any other parts of your life.

If you are hardcore though, and dont care about girls, or hanging out with friends, etc, then so be it. That doesnt make you a loser. You are just doing what you enjoy, and I dont see anything wrong with that.

To all the teenage wannabe haters...they are just hatin...for no reason. They dont understand what its like being an adult (they think school is soooo hard), and when an adult has time to unwind, if its playing games, reading a book, watching TV...they dont understand that is just what that person likes to do.

Anyway...my .02.

kostas360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 kostas360
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

I'm certain playin video games doesnt classify us as losers. I'm 29 and i love my games. I played ninja gayden for two years, sometimes 10 to 12 hours straight. I took a day off from work my office to play GoW when it first came out.

But at the same time, i have finished my first degree and got a masters, i'm working on my field and making decent money for a first job, i' ve got a very goodlooking girlfriend, and have good friend i love tho hang out with.The fact that I dont wanna go out clubbing everyday is largely due to the fact that i have done that so many times when i was younger, it doesnt appeal to me anymore.

Also, no one with half a brain could argue the fact that next-gen consoles are a lot more "above-18"market-targeted than their predececors used to be

Also, i challenge someone to give a reason why someone my age should not enjoy games like GoW.

But, in all honesty, i could never make a proper conversation with a kid that cant see past his thump.....

GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#208 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
There's nothing wrong with it at all. My bro-in-law and one of my teachers both game on a regular basis. I did not know it in fact until my bro-in-law sat down one day and played Xbox with me like a normal gamer. I found out my science teacher(or one of them), who is a phenomenal Halo player, also plays on a regular basis. Both of em are far from lsoers, trust me lol. Older gamers are losers if gaming is literally the only thing they do. If you have a balanced life then theres nothing wrong with being an older gamer.
Chirico_Cuvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#209 Chirico_Cuvie
Member since 2003 • 842 Posts
I tell them to get off my lawnm and turn off that damn music.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think now in days older people tend to play games( people that have played games aatri ) i except them
mattllv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mattllv
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

I'm 28 and going strong. Rather than going out to the bars until 3 or 4 in the morning like I did when I first moved to Vegas, now I'd rather chill and blast some of my friends on Live. I spend less money and wake up less hungover. I go out when my girl wants, but I'd prefer to chill.

ILLETE 702

Khimarhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Khimarhi
Member since 2005 • 2353 Posts
Mostly us older games are losers....
IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts

When my nephews come over, I put away my 360 and Nintendo Wii. I put my NES out under the television with Super Mario Bros 1 and 2, Kid Icarus and Marble Madness and RC Pro Am for these two little boys. I'm gonna make them appreciate the finer things in life by taking them back to '88.

ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#214 ratboy64
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

I am 14 and I think that any gamer's cool as long as they are willing to get off after a couple of hours. Or go outside.

BassKreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 BassKreator
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
yeah i mite be only 14 but still i hate when there are younger kids and maybe few years older who just yelled into the mike then theres the huge arguement when playing halo 3 in big battle about other issues and it gets out of hand
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts

They are gonna keep playing as they get older anyway so I dont know why they talk. Beside I know people who are 30 have a job and are married but still play

xTIMESHIFTERx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 xTIMESHIFTERx
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i dont think older gamers are losers. im only 14 and i no there is alot of criticism against our age group for bein known for being annoying and criticizing older gamers as "losers". but it's not like once we get out of high school or whatever that we should stop playing. i plan on playing games for a long time, as soon as my box gets back from being repaired, friggin stupid red ring. gamertag-xAC3SHOOT3Rx
e_r36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 e_r36
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey man, it's called a hobby. I'd say you are especially entitled to that hobby if you're a college grad with a full time job. Every hard working, tax paying individual needs to do something they enjoy on the side. If anything, you should remind those snot-nosed bastards that if it weren't for mommy and daddy, they most likely wouldn't even have access to Xbox live (let alone the Xbox console itself).
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#219 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Actually, older gamers are the coolest.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#220 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Hey man, it's called a hobby. I'd say you are especially entitled to that hobby if you're a college grad with a full time job. Every hard working, tax paying individual needs to do something they enjoy on the side. If anything, you should remind those snot-nosed bastards that if it weren't for mommy and daddy, they most likely wouldn't even have access to Xbox live (let alone the Xbox console itself).e_r36
hey man, its called a 2 year old thread, dont bump it
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts

nope no cut off, a lot of good games are rated M, 18+ etc so it doesnt really matter

JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

I'm 29, I've been gaming since I was like 6 and got the Intellivision, what am I supposed to stop now? I grew up playing video games. I don't know any different. Just about every other guy I know my age is the same way.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#223 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
2 YEAR OLD THREAD!!!! please stop responding
JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

2 YEAR OLD THREAD!!!! please stop respondingchaoscougar1

I didn't dig it up, it's new to me

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
iam 20old i dont think older gamers are losers i hope they arestill playing to the day they die because i will.SUPERMAN212
Amen to that ^_^;;
Brutal-Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Brutal-Koopa
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts

Im 37 with 2 kids, both who love games, and we all play together. Personally, the older gamers to me are more fun to play with because all the trash talking that the younger crowd seems to love to do, has long been out of our system. Kids="You suck. Youre a loser." Older gamers="Good game. Nice win." It all comes down to jealousy. Older gamers can play what they want, when they want, and drives those little bastards crazy.DZBricktop

I agree 100%. I'm 15, and I don't feel the need to bash anyone according to how they play. I guess it depends on who they are (obviously).

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

One of the many reasons I hate pre-pubescent douchebags.Sandro909

Haha. I agree...

I bet they will be playing games later on in life too, that is what I find funny.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#228 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
I work alone......... >_>
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
[QUOTE="yucky_straw"]

Everytime someone insults me on XBL who is under 18+ years of age, they always accuse me of being a loser because I'm 27 and playing videogames. Is there suppose to be a cut off? College kids are all about gaming so I guess it's safe to assume that they're not losers since they are going to school.

So are gamers suppose to just quit playing games when they get a full time job after college? I'm sure that some people are just too busy to play games when they enter the work field. But does playing videogames after the age of 25 mean that you have an unfulfilled life? I guess most people picture a successful person going out everynight. Clubbin' it up. Hangin' out with chicks gettin' some. Or maybe just always on the grind trying to make business deals. Whatever.

Or maybe we see older people from another generation and since they're not playing games then it must not be a thing that adults do. But I think the reason for that is simply because they didn't grow up playing videogames like we did. And as time goes on, more games are being geared towards adults. So existing gamers really have a lot of variety to choose from even if they're preferences change as they mature or get a older.

I work fulltime in business and live w/ my girlfriend in the suburbs. I play videogames everynight when I go home. And I'll probably be a gamer forever. Am I a loser that needs to get a life? Maybe. But for now, I can live with that.

LOL! No you can't judge a man like that. People who are losers are ones who break the law, cheat, and steal. If you play games and you can pay for the games, pay the bills, and thats what you want to put your money on then do it. If your stealing the games, 40 years old borrowing your moms credit card, thats a different story. Most of the kids just want to talk crap and could never say crap to an older person ever before.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

I am 25 years old, with a full time job, with a wide range of friends, and I still game, and if any kid calls me a loser they are going to lose some flippin teeth, if you want my opinion I find people my age that go home watch the tube all day with a donut on their stomachs to be more of a loser then us gamers.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Video games are a hobby and a form of media. The only difference between Call of Duty 4 and some modern war film is that in one your mindlessly watching and in another your engaging your mind a bit, the logic just isn't there. You are a LOSEr if you LOSE your job due to trying to complete Call of Duty 4 on veteran instead of going to work.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

yea i agree im 15 and my voice sounds a lot older so a lot of ppl cant believe im so mature to be only 15

GEARSofWAR360
did i miss the relevance of this? anyways, you are not a loser for doing something that you enjoy.
DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#233 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

OMG those little kids are annoying especially when u find them playing something liek grand theft auto omg so annoying and sometimes they glout that we got owned by a 10 year old or watevers yea in a game let me catch u on the street kid and then we will see who gets owned by the way im 16 haha =D

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Hardly. It's just little kids have this naive vision of adults created through their parents...and let's face it, most parents don't play videogames. It's one of the main reasons I prefer the PSN community over XBL. It tends to be a lot more mature, although that could just be because a lot of people don't have mics.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
All i know is that ill be gaming till im dead. its a simple hobby and one of my favs.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

A lot of ignorant teens take this view, for some reason they forget that video gaming has been around much longer than they have. My dad still plays games on my 360 (albeit mainly slow paced JRPG's :P), but I think he deserves some down time after working away from home all week. I don't see any reason why age should affect whether you play games or not, the same reason as a person of any age can enjoy a good film, it's just another form of media enjoyed by the masses. The notion that older gamers are 'losers' seems ridiculous to me.

wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts

No shame in gaming at any age. If you like, then go for it, who gives a crap about what snotty 8 year-olds say about you.

Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts

**Edited... topic too old**

miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
I'm 22 and I'm a electrical engineering student and I play a lot. Just go to forums like neogaf, it's full of adult gamers most of which are very successful .
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#240 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Some of them. Talking trash to some 12 year old when your 40 makes you really cool.

But really, just like everyone else, there are some jerks, some okay people.

Avatar image for DestructiveChao
DestructiveChao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DestructiveChao
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Of Course not. You should never lose interest in games no matter how old you are. 8)
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#242 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Hell no, we are the generation that started with gaming from our childhood, its in our genes practically (meaning 20 and older crowd). Im 24, have a successful job, GF, friends, parties etc...but I still game during the week and some on weekends, or if I just dont feel like going out. It is ignorant and nearsighted to think that anyone over a certain age should stop playing videogames. It is a form of entertainment and a hobby for myself, so screw all the haters. If you wanna play Halo 3, L4D, or CoD4 let me know my gamertags in my sig if you want to play with someone who doesnt antagonize you when your in a game lobby.