Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

(everything is inspired by last year's FireFest made by the webmasters at WWE 4-Ever)

Ladies & gentlemen...Welcome to the world of the unceremonious pink slip surfeit (look it up) known as...

Since the WWE have been firing wrestlers and divas left and right...again, it would be hard to keep up with each one. Fortunately, I've made a list of every single superstar who were FIRED (not including superstars who quit, retired, or had an expired contract) by the WWE this year (in chronological order):

Amy Weber *

Rhyno

Paul Bearer

Matt Hardy **

Jesus Aguilera

Will "Chilly Willy" Jones (OVW)

Molly Holly *

Bobbi Billard

Luther Reigns

Marc Lloyd

Lauren Jones

Mark Jindrak

Maven

Shannon Moore

Akio

Gangrel

Billy Kidman

Spike Dudley

Mordecai (OVW)

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Miss Jackie

Marty Jannetty

Dawn Marie

Kenzo Suzuki

Joy

Hiroko

Jim Cornette

Earl Hebner

Dave Hebner

Daniel Puder (OVW)

Brian Danovich (OVW)

Brian Hebner

Christy Hemme

Tajiri *

* - mutual departure
** - was rehired later this year

And so here ends the year of 2005.  All the names above is the complete list of WWE/OVW wrestlers who were fired last year.  Thank you for enjoying my up-to-date coverage on WWE FireFest '05.  Let's hope that 2006 doesn't see as many firings as last year.

We in the GameSpot World Wrestling Everything forums are not making fun of the superstars who were fired. Most of us feel bad about the newly released superstars. We all wish them the best of luck on (quickly) finding a new job elsewhere.

(By the way, that was my first banner I ever made in Photoshop [CS]. Thank you, Jason Krowe [WWE 4-Ever], for the inspiration.)

Now go check out WWE 4-Ever's version of WWE FireFest '05! (b'-')b

Lo_Key90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lo_Key90
Member since 2004 • 794 Posts
Molly Holly was fired? Wow the women's division just keeps looking better & better. I mean we have Trish, Victoria.....um...Cristy Hem.....crippled Lita....That's it! Trish, Victoria & Lita!
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
**stuck this thread** :P
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I see guys like maybe Val Venis, Visceria, and other low-card wrestler getting cut!
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hbk91
Mark Henry will probably be next...
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jackov

DETAILS BEHIND THE RECENT WWE RELEASES (Matt Hardy, Molly Holly, "Chilly Willy", & Jesus Aguilera)
by
Mike Johnson (PWI) @ 9:45:00 AM on 4/13/2005

Matt Hardy's release is said to have been related to the Edge-Lita situation, mostly due to Hardy's public commentary on it. The word going around was that Hardy may have put a target on his back when an associate close to him was believed to have contacted Internet and news outlets about the Hardy-Lita-Edge situation and that painted Hardy as an "Internet stooge" to some. When push came to shove, the feeling was Edge was a more important asset and Hardy ended up the victim of the situation. There are also some in WWE who feel that Matt Hardy's release earlier this week was partially due to underlying heat with WWE's Talent Relations head John Laurinatis that goes back several years. As the story goes, when Laurinatis first came to WWE in 2001, there was a very vocal opinion by some WWE stars, including Hardy, that they weren't happy with someone from WCW trying to instruct them on their work since they were from a superior company as opposed to one that closed. Once Laurinatis gained power politically in WWE, it worked against Hardy. There are some close to Hardy who have noted he's been "burned out" by his situation the last several months and that he's looking at the release as a way to move on. The feeling among the wrestlers was that Hardy's release was a mistake as he was a well liked hard worker.

Molly Holly was said to have negotiated her release on Monday during a 15 minute discussion with John Laurinatis. Holly had apparently pushed to be turned babyface before requesting the release, but WWE officials didn't feel she would fit that role well. According to sources close to Holly, she has been wavering back and forth on whether she is even interested in staying in the business or leaving it altogether.

The word on "Chilly Willy" Will Jones is that he wasn't improving rapidly enough in WWE management's eyes and didn't have enough support to push for keeping him under a developmental deal.

It is believed that Jesus' release is directly linked to his injuries, feeling that he may not be able to make it back to a physical point where he can work a full-time schedule.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jackov

**stuck this thread** :Phbk91

Oh, ha ha ha. That's so funny I forgot to la--*receives some Sweet Chin Music*

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hbk91

[QUOTE="hbk91"]**stuck this thread** :PJackov

Oh, ha ha ha. That's so funny I forgot to la--*receives some Sweet Chin Music*

LOL! Keep up the good work Jackov. You are one of the recruits that will most likely become officer on Friday for sure.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jackov
bump for an update
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jackov
WWE News: Rhyno's release details
by By Wade Keller (PWTorch), Torch editor
Apr 11, 2005, 2:17 pm

The release of Rhyno (Terry Gerin) isn't going to sit well with some wrestlers, either. While Rhyno gave WWE management the excuse to release him - since they didn't think highly of his look, charisma, or in-ring work - he is going through tough times personally. So the release comes at a time when the last thing he needed was to be jobless. He and his wife are going through a difficult break-up, and she is planning to move their young daughter with her to Germany. Rhyno threw a huge potted plant in a hotel lobby on WrestleMania weekend out of anger when his wife showed up without their daughter. Steve Austin went through a similar situation when his ex-wife Jeannie Williams, who was from England originally, decided to move back to England with their children after their divorce. Rhyno, under a different name of course, could also end up in TNA quickly.

RHYNO UPDATE
by Mike Johnson (PWI) @ 4:30:00 PM on 4/14/2005

Rhyno is currently down in Puerto Rico working shots for IWA Puerto Rico. He had been booked down there via the WWE office before the decision to release him was made last week, so he is simply fulfilling obligations that had already been scheduled.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jackov
WWE News: Amy Weber departs WWE, details on reasons why
By James Guttman (PWTorch), Torch Columnist
Feb 7, 2005, 3:45 pm

Amy Weber
has given her notice to World Wrestling Entertainment. Many are reporting that Weber's departure was sparked by some backstage ribbing. While this is true, there's apparently much more to this story.

According to a number of sources, Amy's problems began on the WWE tour of Japan. A group of wrestlers came across a strip club flier with Weber's photo on it. The wrestlers went to the club and asked about the woman in the picture. Allegedly, they were told that she not only works there, but that her services would be negotiable if they had money.

After realizing that the flier had been discovered, sources say Amy claimed that the club "stole" her photo and used it. Despite the denial, she was still ridiculed by many backstage and gave notice by the time WWE made its way to Alaska.

WWE News: Photos of Amy Weber from strip club flyer, and magazine it was taken from
By Wade Keller (PWTorch), Torch editor
Feb 8, 2005, 4:06 pm

While on the overseas tour this past week, a flyer for a Japan strip club was passed around during a flight depicting Amy Weber's photo. The harassment from WWE wrestlers and staffers about that flyer led to her quitting the company and missing the final show on the tour. Weber denies that she worked for the strip club and instead says they used her photo without authorization.

A source close to Weber says she plans to file a lawsuit against the Japanese strip club that used her photo in the flyer without permission.

The following are images of Amy Weber that are the subject of controversy. The first is the flyer from the strip club in Japan, and the second is the cover of the magazine that the same photo originally appeared on. So unless Weber did dance at that club, and the club just happened to use that photo from her collection which also was used on the magazine cover earlier, she did not really work at that club in Japan.

Amy Weber flyer

Amy Weber magazine
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jackov
Percy (Paul Bearer)'s Blog from PercyPringle.com

Saturday, April 09, 2005
Back To Business...

With great respect and consideration to all of my friends and supporters through the years, I sincerely feel that you should hear the following announcement directly from me. At times information can get misconstrued on the wrestling Internet. I want to ensure that before the anticipated communication leaks occur, that you get the complete truth that you so rightfully deserve.

During a telephone conversation yesterday with John Laurinaitis, from World Wrestling Entertainment Talent Relations, I was informed that the company decided to terminate my booking contract dated October 3, 2003. The contract specifies that the agreement may be terminated for any reason whatsoever by providing me with ninety (90) days advance written notice. My 90-day written notice will be issued by WWE Legal Department on Monday, April 11th.

I would like to say that our conversation was a courtesy, very cordial, and definitely not unexpected. The WWE creative department has not been able to come up with a viable storyline for the Paul Bearer character since he was “buried” in cement at THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH on June 27, 2004.

The last two years have indeed been a blessing, as the company made a major life saving surgery possible for me. I will always treasure the many friendships and memories of my almost 14-year association with The McMahon Family. I will never shut the door on a future relationship with WWE, as you well know anything can happen.

The next 90-days will be very important for me, as I must make some serious career decisions. Once again, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. For some odd reason I feel like it’s somebody’s birthday around here tomorrow. I know it can’t be mine! Then again, it very well could be. Hehee…

Take care, my friends.

- Percy
www.PercyPringle.com
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts

Amy Weber and Molly quit.

Tried to get Vince's music but I think that it has to go in the page coding which only an admin can do. Any of you able to create a UCB? If so, do it and then put the coding I PM you in it

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jackov

Tried to get Vince's music but I think that it has to go in the page coding which only an admin can do. Any of you able to create a UCB? If so, do it and then put the coding I PM you in itdRehkJY

I have the CD version of Vince's theme that'll be perfect for this topic. (Plus I can shrink it to a WMA, meaning it'll have the same great quality, only with a smaller file size.) By the way, what's a UCB?

On a side note.....SHUPER DUPER SHWEET!! I'm an Officer now!

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hbk91

[QUOTE="dRehkJY"]Tried to get Vince's music but I think that it has to go in the page coding which only an admin can do. Any of you able to create a UCB? If so, do it and then put the coding I PM you in itJackov

I have the CD version of Vince's theme that'll be perfect for this topic. (Plus I can shrink it to a WMA, meaning it'll have the same great quality, only with a smaller file size.) By the way, what's a UCB?

On a side note.....SHUPER DUPER SHWEET!! I'm an Officer now!

:lol: Congrats mate!

A UCB is a User Created Board btw.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jackov
Well no superstars have been released as of late. But I guarantee, what we witnessed was the calm before the storm.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hbk91

Some WWE Profiles Removed From The Site:

Hiroko was removed from SD!
Nowinski removed from RAW

Could this be another two releases?

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Chris Nowinski? LMAO, I never realized he was still there. I say good ridance.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jackov

hbk91

I don't know. A long time ago, the Hurricane's profile was removed from the RAW roster, but it was later put back. I think this happened during FireFest '04.

I haven't heard that these two superstars have been officially released. I know Kenzo is out with some injuries, and Nowinski was touring with the WWE for WrestleMania 21 promotions (along with Mark Henry). We'll just have to see what comes up...

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hbk91
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

Jackov

I don't know. A long time ago, the Hurricane's profile was removed from the RAW roster, but it was later put back. I think this happened during FireFest '04.

I haven't heard that these two superstars have been officially released. I know Kenzo is out with some injuries, and Nowinski was touring with the WWE for WrestleMania 21 promotions (along with Mark Henry). We'll just have to see what comes up...

Yep. We'll just have to wait and see...

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jackov

LOL! Uh-oh. Double post. :P Are you on 56K?

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hbk91

LOL! Uh-oh. Double post. :P Are you on 56K?

Jackov

Double clicked...

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jackov
Oh. Never mind. (I had double-posting trouble when I was on 56K. Unfortunately, and the end of May, I'll be going back to that very slow connection. :()
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hbk91

Oh. Never mind. (I had double-posting trouble when I was on 56K. Unfortunately, and the end of May, I'll be going back to that very slow connection. :()Jackov

Unlucky. :(

ant220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ant220
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
56k sucks :(

takes ages to download things....cant wait to get broadband
XtremeLegend2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XtremeLegend2
Member since 2004 • 1047 Posts
lol , good old broadband
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jackov

THIS JUST IN!

The released WWE superstars have retaliated against Vince McMahon!!

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dRehkJY
Why does Molly have blonde hair?
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jackov

Why does Molly have blonde hair?dRehkJY

It was her wig. :P

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hbk91

THIS JUST IN!

Jackov

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

XtremeLegend2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XtremeLegend2
Member since 2004 • 1047 Posts
[QUOTE="Jackov"]

THIS JUST IN!

hbk91

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

lol what he sed , nice pic :P
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Why does Molly have blonde hair?dRehkJY

Early in her career, she was cast as a member of the Holly family, along with Crash, and Hardcore. At the time she had blonde hair and often wore it in pigtails and was actually quite attractive. However, because she wouldn't parade around in lingerie (don't know if that's the real reason or not, but I doubt its a stretch), she was turned heel and dyed her hair brown, until it was shaved off at Wrestlemania XX.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jackov

bump for an update (Thanks, wwervin. (b'-')b)

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hbk91
Good job Jackov! ;)
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jackov
WWE Releases Another Diva
Date Added: April 18, 2005
Story By: Andy Steven
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE has released another female performer, Bobbi Billard. The blonde bombshell, who is known for doing a lot of modeling, was signed to developmental contract originally and sent to OVW. Billard was released last year and then openly criticized Ivory and Jacqueline on her web site . Billard was quietly resigned to a new contract due to WWE fearing a possible lawsuit. Last week, Billard was once again released.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hbk91
I don't think i recognise that diva anyways so I am not bothered that much...
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jackov
But you gotta admit...She has a nice...............................................website. :P
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hbk91
**agrees** 8)
MysticKotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MysticKotenks
Member since 2004 • 2555 Posts
that wesbsite was bad Now I am grounded. :(
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hbk91

that wesbsite was bad Now I am grounded. :(MysticKotenks

Seriously!? :shock:

MysticKotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MysticKotenks
Member since 2004 • 2555 Posts
No but almost I went to it right behind my dad and accidently clicked on pick a BooBy because I was trying to click off a pop up but it seemed it was already gone and the click went to the bad place
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dRehkJY
Vince released a pornstar :shock: that is unlike Vince
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hbk91

No but almost I went to it right behind my dad and accidently clicked on pick a BooBy because I was trying to click off a pop up but it seemed it was already gone and the click went to the bad placeMysticKotenks

You are lucky! :P

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jackov

FORMER WWE DIVA AMY WEBER DISCUSSES WHY SHE WALKED AWAY FROM WWE IN DETAIL, HOW MANAGEMENT REACTED, JBL, A WWE ROLE SHE TURNED DOWN, & MORE
by Jimmy Van @ 9:33:00 AM on 4/20/2005

On Wednesday night, April 13 I had the opportunity to interview former WWE Raw Diva Search finalist and former SmackDown! star, Amy Weber. What I intended to be a 20-minute interview turned into an hour and a half as Amy spoke candidly and honestly about a variety of WWE topics including the Diva Search process, her agreement to work with the SmackDown! brand, the events during the infamous WWE Japanese tour that led to her departure, her thoughts on those involved, WWE's efforts to get her back, and much, much more.

Here is a text transcript from this portion of the interview.

You did a Raw segment with The Rock in August. What was it like working with The Rock?

Amy said it was great. She didn't get the chance to talk to The Rock because the minute they got backstage, Carmella approached him saying, "Oh my boyfriend, Jeff Garcia," etc. Amy said Rock was in and out and was a busy guy. She said it isn't her way to approach people anyway.

You were eliminated from the Raw Diva Search in September, and were injured arm wrestling Christy Hemme on that Raw episode.

Amy said Christy knew how to professionally arm wrestle. She said arm wrestling is about technique rather than strength. She had never arm wrestled before and was doing it wrong. Her hand got twisted and she tried to correct it, but when she tried Christy thought she was going to make a move, so she slammed Amy's arm down and tore her rotator cuff. She said she did physical therapy three times a week and was able to avoid surgery.

WWE.com had a clip of you backstage after your elimination looking emotional. Also, there were rumors that WWE would offer contracts to girls regardless of whether they won the contest. Did you know that a contract was coming?

First of all, Amy said she wasn't upset about getting eliminated, she was just in a lot of pain. She said when she was on stage after the arm wrestling, she told Joy Giovanni that she thought that she was going to throw up and that her arm was broken. She said she just wanted to get out of there and go to the hospital. She wasn't thinking about the contest at that point. She said she played it off until she got backstage, then fell to her knees and started screaming. She said Vince McMahon and others came running. She was sitting backstage with the WWE.com camera in her face waiting for the limo with Sarge. She said she wanted to break down but tried not to because of the camera. "At that point, I guess I was almost sort of glad it was over," she said.

Did you have an idea about a WWE contract coming?

Amy said no. There were rumors, but that was it.

JV mentions that Michelle McCool was one of the first contestants to announce that she was being signed during an interview in her local paper.

Amy said nothing was said to Michelle that was solid. "Some people take things a step further. I mean the twins even said that," she said. She said she'd been in Hollywood long enough to know that until something is in writing and you're on the set, nothing is for sure. "The only person that can really offer you a job is Vince McMahon, and it comes through John Laurinaitis," she said.

Did you think that Christy was the right choice to win the Raw Diva Search? What do you think about her wrestling now?

Amy said she thought Christy was the right choice, and it's wonderful that she's in the ring now.

You were signed by WWE and moved to the SmackDown! brand. You seemed to have the highest profile position among the Raw Diva Search alumni from the start and were even getting more airtime than Torrie Wilson at that point. First, how were you received by the SmackDown! locker room?

"So much better," said Amy. "It was wonderful." Amy revealed that WWE gave her the choice to go to either the Raw brand or the SmackDown! brand. She said that WWE wanted her to go to Raw in Peoria and do backstage interviewing (which Maria Kanellis ended up doing) because Amy is from Peoria. She had to tape a show for NBC called "Little Monsters" the day that WWE wanted her to fly to Raw, so she couldn't make it. They then asked her what brand she wanted to be on and she said, "I don't want to go to Raw."

Did you intend to make WWE your career, or did you only intend to do the TV tapings?

"From the get-go I think they really understood that I have so many other things happening that it was really going to be a TV career for me," she said.

You did a feud with Joy and you did some brawling around ringside and spilled things on each other. Did WWE ever come to you about actually training?

"We did train," said Amy. "Fit (Finlay) was training us." Amy said she was going to work the No Way Out PPV in February (Amy left the company prior to the show). She said she worked a practice match with Joy Giovanni. "I was like, kipping up just like Rey Mysterio. We had a crazy match," she said.

If you'd stuck around longer, you think you would have started working full matches?

Amy said she's not sure about full matches, but she would have worked mixed tags.

JV points out that Amy had used terminology during the conversation including "carny" and "gorilla". He asks what she thought about the wrestling terminology used in WWE.

Amy said you *have* to learn it. She said when you come to LA you have to understand what "key light" is, and what "mark" is, and what "first position" is. She said everything has its own language. "But it's crazy," she laughed about WWE's terminology.

Did you hear any of the old school'ers throw around the word "kayfabe"?

Amy said she did and she knows exactly what kayfabe is.

JV mentions that kayfabe has sort of died off due to the Internet, but some performers like Ric Flair are still protective.

"I love Ric Flair," said Amy. "He's awesome."

Around the time you and the other Raw Diva Search girls started in WWE, the company did some talent cuts. They released Jacqueline, Gail Kim and Jazz. It was questioned why WWE brought in the inexperienced girls and released the trained girls. Did that create any animosity in the locker room or did people look at it as a business decision?

"I think more than anything, I think it put all of the experienced Divas just on edge. Not so much about us but just that anyone can be fired at any time because it just happened," Amy said. "And no one understood why those people were fired. I know why they were fired because I asked the right people. And really, it's none of my business but they were each fired for their own specific reasons. All I was told is that WWE... they wanted it to be the place that people came to see the most beautiful women in the world. And that was just the strategy I think that they decided to maybe try. Whether that's working or not, I don't know. And then what they also wanted to do was, basically after seeing us for 10 weeks in the Diva Search or however long, they knew each of our strengths. And they wanted to make the most of our strengths so for me, mine was the gift of gab, so luckily I knew how to speak. And they saw that from the different tasks that we had to do. And Michelle is very athletic so they tried to put that into her thing."

Have you heard that they're doing another Raw Diva Search? You think Amy Weber might go for it again?

"Actually they talked to me about possibly hosting it," Amy said.

Would you have interest in going back for something like that?

"I wouldn't go back," she said.

How did you feel working with JBL?

(Amy pauses). "Up until the very end... very much respected the man. Think he's wonderful on the mic. I think it's very, very hard to bring in people that are more athletically inclined and then turn them into basically actors. It's very difficult. Most people are strong in one area. And that's tough, I have to tell you, this is something where it's almost like live theatre where you're getting thrown a lot of stuff at the very last minute. Things are changing... I remember running because I had to tape so many pre-tapes, and then I had to go live so many times with different outfits, I was running to gorilla with no shoes on trying to get my shoes on, to try to make it out there. This is something that JBL does on a nightly basis."

JV and Amy talk about JBL's WWE Title reign and JV says it was very political. He says JBL isn't a bankable main eventer yet but has done well in his role.

"Merchandising wise, I think it's a lot easier to have Cena there," said Amy. "But I definitely think it's interesting to have a heel as your champion."

What do you think of John Cena?

"I think he's okay, I really like him. John Cena's definitely very nice, he's very respectful, and he keeps to himself."

Did you have any regular friends or travel partners on SmackDown! beside Big Show?

Amy said she and Dawn Marie talked a lot, as did she and Joy Giovanni.

Did you notice any change in any other aspects of your life from working with WWE? More recognition on the street or more opportunities for outside projects?

"It was very similar to when I was starring on Howard's show, where people would stop me for my autograph," Amy said. "Had I not experienced that sort of little mini-fame with that, then it would have been like, 'Whoa, this is crazy,' but because I'd already gone through it, it was very similar. But the fans are incredibly loyal, and I always appreciated the fact that... you know, if they're gonna be at the airport at 5 in the morning, you better believe I'm gonna stop and sign what they have."

Time to confirm or deny some rumors. I heard that there was animosity in the company because WWE was paying all of your traveling expenses whereas the wrestlers have to pay for their own lodging, rental cars, food, etc.

"That's not the truth," said Amy. "We paid our own. They sort of had us on a trial period before they offered us contracts, and during that trial period they were paying, just like during the Diva Search, they were paying our hotel and our car, and our airfare. But once we actually came on the roster, we worked the exact same way as the wrestlers, we paid our own hotel, we paid our own car, own food, all of that."

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jackov

We've got to talk about the Japanese tour. One rumor was that some of the wrestlers were upset because you apparently requested a row of seats on the plane to lay down?

"Okay, what the truth is, is that before we left to go on the whole entire tour, most of the wrestlers were up in First Class, I'd say 85%, and in the back of the plane were the rest of the Divas, and the crew, people like that. We were told that there would be plenty of seats for all of us to have three seats to ourselves. So everyone, all of the Divas, the rest of the wrestlers; a lot of the wrestlers wanted to get out of First Class and come back because they wanted three rows to sleep. So we all had that. That was nothing that I requested, that was something that I was told that we all should just do."

It's been known that with some new employees, there have been initiations. I heard a couple of stories, I won't mention the wrestler's name if you don't want me to. I heard that somebody poured a drink on you on the plane?

"That's correct," said Amy.

And I heard that this same performer apparently threw tampons at you or something?

"That's not true," she said.

Do you want to say the names of these performers?

"No at this point I don't care. I think that they're people that... it's gone to their head. They don't know how to be human beings. They believe in their... they think they're Batman. They truly believe. They've bought too much into it. Honestly I just sort of feel sorry for them. Because of everyone, I was the one person who always stuck up for them, and always did my job, and never gave anyone attitude, and was always very sweet. If one person did not deserve to be treated like a dog, it was me. And that's why I was really blown away that someone... and I'll tell you why I was told that I got a Bloody Mary poured all over me in my sleep. And prior to that, someone slammed up against my head and threatened me. And I was told that what happened was, I was training and I got thrown out of the ring and I landed on my tailbone. Fit was like, 'You need to go see the trainer, get some ice, and get some Advil.' And I was like, okay. And so they were mad that I had gone to the trainer, because I don't deserve... because they get hurt every night. So how dare I take two Advils from their supply, and how dare I take ice. That was what I was told, and that's why I somehow had retribution against me while I was sleeping, on an airplane that I couldn't even escape from. I'm all of 5'4" and they're like 6'6", 6'8". To me I just went, 'You know what,' ... we got to Alaska and I just said, 'You know what, I'm done.' You know? There were girls at that point that were on the roster that were just being ridiculous, and the things they were doing and saying and the way they were dressing and no respect for the company. I just went, 'I don't really need to be treated like this.'"

After that tour, somebody sent me a picture, it looked like it was a flier from a Japanese strip club...

"Ya it was," said Amy.

... and it had your likeness on it.

"Ya it did."

I also saw a picture of a magazine cover, and it was the exact same picture...

"What happened was, I did a catalogue called Leg Avenue, and there was a picture in there... I had this silver outfit on. And a year or something after that, I get sent this magazine called V-Twin and I'm like, 'Why is my picture from Leg Avenue on the cover of this magazine?' So I contacted the company and I'm like, 'Look they stole this image,' and they said they were handling it. Well I get busy with my life, I move on. Well then we get to Japan, and then this flier has the exact same picture that was taken from the catalogue. It's clear that it's the same exact picture."

I heard that the wrestlers found the flier...

"I guess they were walking by, and I guess what happened was, when they said, 'Oh does this girl work here?' and they go, 'Oh yeah she works here... she's not here now, but we can get her for you.' I'm like, are you kidding me? And so I was disturbed only because I have a huge lawsuit as it is against a bunch of people on the Internet for stealing pictures. But I don't own that picture. That's not a picture that is in my repertoire. That's a picture that came from a catalogue... I wanted everyone to understand because I was very insulted. And they were like, 'We don't care, most of these guys' wives are strippers,' and I'm like, 'Well good for them.' If that was something that I did, then of course it'd be like ya okay, who cares. But it's not something I did, so I sent WWE the actual catalogue with the picture, then the magazine cover with the picture, and then the strip club little card flier. It's all the same picture. It's so obvious that it's stolen. So that's that whole story."

You decided while you were in Japan, enough is enough and you were ready to leave the company.

"It wasn't necessarily in Japan. In Japan, I confronted the wrestlers during dinner, that had brought the flier. And I confronted them because of the way they did it. We were doing a scene... we were pre-taping or we were getting ready to, and they started going, 'Oh this looks like an interesting place to go,' so that I could see the picture. So they did it in front of me, almost as if they were trying to degrade me. I didn't understand why, especially this particular group of wrestlers, why they would do that. And so, I confronted all of them and said, why would you do that? Of all the girls that are new, why would you do that to me when all I've done is try to do a good job, and respect you, and do what I'm told. They basically... it was explained to me, 'Look, we're inviting you into the Boys Club. And if we were doing it to make fun of you, we would have done it behind your back..."

So, like an initiation basically.

"Exactly. And so then once they explained it and they all apologized, I was like, all right, I get it, I'm sorry I got upset at you guys. I just want you to know that I'm part of your team, and I'm not an outsider. I don't want to feel that way. And that was it, so that was done. So that was fine. But then the plane ride... it was two totally different people that don't even know me that did this to me on the plane."

From the other brand.

"Yes."

You got to Anchorage...

"The minute I landed, I started calling every airline getting a flight home."

Did you confide in anybody that you wanted to do this or was this something you did on your own?

"Right after it happened, I'm soaking wet with Bloody Mary all over my head and my back and all my clothes. I'm like, 'No. This is not right.' Any other company... if you worked at McDonald's and you were in the break room and someone came and poured a milkshake all over you, they'd be fired."

I understand that Shane McMahon was on that flight.

"Yes."

Did he or Johnny Ace try to get you to change your mind or try to talk to you?

"Yeah they did."

But by that point your mind was made up.

"I just knew that this was not gonna be... this was how it is. And people may get fined, but nothing's gonna happen, nothing's gonna change."

Depending on where they are on the roster obviously.

"Yeah."

And the one on the Raw brand was a guy they were starting to push, so it was kind of like a slap on the wrist.

"Exactly. So why am I gonna subject... when I don't really need to? Why would I subject myself to potentially more than that? I don't care about earning my stripes, I'm not in the Navy. I didn't sign up for that. I already earned my stripes. I'm a professional. I'm not some girl who just stepped off the boat from Idaho, and I'm just begging to sleep with all these wrestlers and hope to... that wasn't who I was. I learned the brand. I understood it. I was coming up with marketing ideas for my character. These were conversations Vince and I had. It just was so... it was just... such a slap in the face. And that's not even me being like, 'Oh I'm better than anyone.' It's not. I just... I don't think anyone would go through that."

For several weeks after you left, the company tried to get you to come back.

"They did."

Did Vince himself call you up and try to get you back?

"No Vince was hurt at that point." (he had Diverticulitis)

Was it just Johnny Ace or Shane McMahon?

"Ya. When I talked to Shane and said, you know, 'It was nice meeting you,' he said, 'You mean seeing me?' They definitely understood and they weren't trying to be like, 'Oh who cares if this happened to you?' They definitely acknowledged it and they were trying to talk to me about it but, at that point I came back, and I booked another movie, and just started working, and I realized my path is to continue doing films and stuff."

Part two of the interview (which is 29 minutes in length) is now online at JimmyVan.com in Windows Media and Real Audio formats. You can also listen to a five-minute preview clip of the interview in Real Audio format at this link .

Stay tuned for part three of our exclusive Amy Weber interview in the coming days!

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hbk91
Interesting read there Jackov...
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jackov

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=9762&p=1

MATT HARDY TALKS ABOUT LITA AND EDGE, AND WHAT THEY DID, HIS WWE RELEASE, HIS FUTURE AND MORE IN HIS FIRST INTERVIEW SINCE BEING RELEASED BY WWE 
by Richard Trionfo (PWI) @ 8:26:00 AM on 4/21/2005

Recap of Matt Hardy on Between the Ropes

This week on Between the Ropes, Matt Hardy joined Fritz, Dickerman, and Vito DeNucci to discuss his recent release from the WWE, what is in Matt’s future in wrestling, the circumstances surrounding his relationship with Lita, and many other matters in his first interview since his release from the WWE.

The interview began with talk about how the show had the most female callers in its history because of Matt. Matt said that it was a win-win situation, and then Matt suggested it was because they knew that he was single now. Matt said that he was ‘just friends’ with Lori (the girl he has pictures of on his website) in order to be politically correct. Matt said that it was very interesting to hear the comparisons between Lori and Amy based on feedback from the fans. Matt mentioned that he had to increase the bandwidth on his site
www.thematthardy.com.

Matt was asked to describe the last few months and he said that “it has not exactly been the most shining period of my life to say the least. It’s been very stressful, it’s been very aggravating, and it’s been very frustrating. It’s just pretty much. I’ve covered most all bad emotions as far as it goes.” He said that it was a lot to come down on him at once because he was living in a groove in life. He was living with his dream as a WWE wrestler, and he seemed to be with this great girl. Things were working out for them and they were best friends. “Then all of a sudden, you lose all of this.” He said that it was a lot to swallow, but he said that it was a good thing that he is thick skinned because he did not think that a normal person would be able to survive this because it was a big blow.

Matt was asked if he saw the release coming. Matt said that once the situation started happening, nothing really surprised him. He said that some of the things that he did at the beginning might have been rash or the correct decision. However, “after a couple months of being absolutely lied to by Amy and by Adam, who was supposed to be one of my better friends” and because of the history between all three of them, it became absurd.

Matt said that he thought the way some of the things were handled in the company were very poor. Matt said that he was surprised when he was released, but in some ways he was not surprised. Matt said that it was very obvious what the release was about. “They can say that we’re going to look at some other guys, or that we don’t have anything. It was a real bull**** thing.” Matt wondered if his release was an example of wrongful termination. Matt felt that the situation was handled very wrong because there was a situation where a wrestler who was married had a fling with a Diva. That situation was addressed and the wrestler was told to stop it without making a public scene. Matt mentioned that Adam was married, and that Matt and Amy attended the wedding. Then this thing happens with Adam and Amy, and “all of a sudden it’s okay.”

Matt mentioned that he is sitting at home and is in the best shape of his life and he has more to offer than ever and has increased his arsenal. However, he has been asked to stay away from events and is taken off the house shows. Matt said that this got him fired up. Matt said that when this thing came out, he was going to give his side because it is a personal situation and he not going to be the bad guy. Matt said that he never had any problems with Amy in their relationship. He said that he had not done anything bad to her or to justify what happened. He suggested that the office should have talked to him and told him what not to do at shows instead of keeping him at home. He did not think that he needed to be kept away from WrestleMania because he had some appearances scheduled. Matt felt that the WWE took the cheap way out in this situation by releasing him.

Matt was asked about his feelings for coming out with the information. He said that you probably will not hear anything from Adam and Amy about the situation to justify what they have done. Matt mentioned that because of the power of the Internet, when one person mentions it, the story spreads. Matt said that some of the things might have been rash, or did not involve making the best decision. “I really don’t regret standing up for what I believe in, and what I believe is right. If I have to be a martyr and lose your girlfriend and your job because I stood up for what I believe is right . . . and I stood up for my First Amendment right to speak the truth and freedom of speech, then so be it.”

Matt was asked how he was informed of his release. Matt said that he was given a call by John Laurinaitis. They did not give a reason for the release. He said the release was “a bull**** thing. If you don’t believe me, you could listen to the crowd Monday night in
Madison Square Garden.” He talked about the entire crowd was chanting ‘We want Matt’ and ‘You screwed Matt’ towards Amy.

Matt said that regardless of whether you think they drew any money, the Hardy Boys drew more money in the amount of time they were together as a team. Matt talked about having the Cruiserweight title and how he made the most of it, especially with his match against Rey Mysterio Jr. Matt mentioned that the Mattitude and V1 gimmicks, which were his ideas, and they were successful. Matt said that he did not think he ever dropped the ball when given the chance. Matt talked about how they made the angle with Kane work no matter how absurd it seemed.

Matt said that he loves the WWE. He said that everyone busts their asses and they work hard. He has nothing bad to say about Vince. Matt said that Vince allowed Matt to move to SmackDown!. Matt said that he appreciated being brought back to RAW when Amy returned from her neck injury. Matt said that Vince didn’t have to move him to RAW, but Vince still did it. He had made his relationship as important as his character. Matt said that he had a great time in the WWE and it provided him with a good lifestyle and made him financially secure. However, at the end it was in real poor taste.

Matt was asked if he expected his character to change when he was moved to RAW. He said that his character was held back on RAW. When he returned to RAW and turned on Amy, they returned to the gorilla position and people complained about Amy’s performance. Amy cut a promo on the people who criticized her. Vince was there and that got Amy in the doghouse and as a result, it got Matt in the doghouse. It took a few months for them to get in the angle with Kane. Matt said that he sacrificed his career on SmackDown! to come to RAW to be with Amy, it was Amy’s actions that hurt him on RAW.

Matt mentioned that he will be ‘free’ on July 11th. On May 14th and 15th, he will be in
England. On August 27th and 28th, he will be at Wrestle Reunion II in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
. As soon as July 11th comes, he will be everywhere. Matt said that this has motivated him to be better without the WWE.

Matt was asked if he was told not to work with TNA by the WWE office. However, he never received a call from the WWE about it. Matt said that he had a lot of people from RAW, SmackDown!, TNA, and in
Japan
contacted him about the situation. He said that he has been good to everyone.

Matt mentioned that there were only four or five guys who contacted Edge while he was recovering from his neck surgery and Matt was one of those people. Matt said that when you think about what they did for each other in the business to help make each other’s careers to see Adam be such a rotten person. Matt thinks that Adam had an agenda with Amy the whole time.

Matt said that he would never think about doing anything with a significant other that he was close with, even after they break up. In the locker room, it was taboo. Matt said that his relationship with Amy made them the poster couple in the locker room to see people who got along. Matt said that Adam was taking advantage of the situation when Matt was out with his injury to start his relationship with Amy. Matt said that he was suspicious at times, but Adam blatantly lied to him.

Matt was asked about how the people in the locker room will react to Amy and Adam. Matt said that any bad treatment that they get will be ‘deservingly so’ because it was in such poor taste. Matt was asked if he knows of any heat from the office. Matt said that the office is closing its eyes hoping that it will go away. Matt wondered what kind of message it sends when you have one of your most loyal employees, who was with the company for eight years and was out due to injury once. While that guy is out with an injury, you have another guy being pushed who was married for six months, on his second marriage . . . three months when this stuff happened. Matt said that he might not have handled things perfectly, but how many people would handle that situation perfectly? Matt expected someone to come to him to discuss the matter instead of not booking someone because of perceived problems. Instead Matt was released. What does this decision do for morale because you have a guy who is loyal to a girl, but she gets together with a married guy and screw over this guy and they release the guy? Matt was asked about the morale in the locker room and he said that while he has not been in the locker room, he has heard from a lot of people who said that the situation is bull****.

Matt was asked about his reaction to the chants towards Lita. Matt said that he was grinning from ear to ear. Matt said that “there is no place like MSG.” Matt said that he “appreciated the hell out of” anyone who supported Matt Hardy at
Madison Square Garden
. Matt was asked about the support that he has received from workers in the company, people on his website, and in attendance at shows. When you really believe something you need to stand up for it.” He appreciates that people are not turning a blind eye to it. Matt stands up for what he believes. It is hard for him to say something besides the truth because that is who he is.

The host suggested that the last time someone had so much support from the workers and the fans was after the Survivor Series in 1997 with Bret Hart. Matt said that hearing the chants on Monday night “made me feel like a Bret Hart”, but he knows that he is not in the same category as Bret. Matt said that he hated the way Bret’s career ended without a send-off. Matt never got to the point where he could get that opportunity.

Matt said that there were ideas for him to work at WrestleMania and other things after WrestleMania. He said that he has some skills available and he was in one of the top angles, but now they have nothing for him and they focus on the newer guys.

Matt was asked about what he was going to do for his character upon his return to the active roster. He said that he was fighting for the love of his life (in the storyline) at the time that he was choke slammed off the stage by Kane. After going through the surgery, he lost everything since Lita was married to Kane in the storyline. The surgery meant everything that he lost and he would think about the physical and mental scars that he suffered at the hands of Kane. Upon his return, his motto would be “the scar will become a symbol.” He was going to become a vigilante character like the Punisher or the Crow. He would not let the bad things that occurred to him happen to innocent people. He would be like an angelic Diablo. He would destroy the wrongdoer in the situation while standing up for the innocent person. Matt said that he had made vignettes. He turned them in to the WWE to give the ‘professional people’ a concept. Matt said that it was ironic that this storyline actually became his life. Instead of losing Amy to Kane in the storyline, he lost Amy to Adam. On top of that, he lost his job. Not only did he lose the love of his life, his health, and his job. Now the scar will become a symbol.

Matt said that he is ready to go, and he has been cleared since the beginning of March. Matt was asked if he would be able to co-exist with Adam and Amy. Matt said that he would have been a professional. He is still able to socialize with Amy. Matt has absolutely nothing to say to Adam. He would have done his job. Matt said that he would have had no problem going to SmackDown!, and would have enjoyed it.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jackov

Matt said that he started with the company in March 1998. Matt said that he and Jeff made tag team wrestling cool again. Matt said that there were so many things that he could still do with the WWE. It is the best place to wrestle, but it is not the only place. Matt said that he wants to give back by contributing to the business and teaching younger guys.

Matt was asked if he enjoyed the tag team work or the singles work. Matt said that he enjoyed both. Matt said that they started by focusing on the tag team aspect. He enjoyed working together as a team when they started because their dream was to become tag team champions. Matt said that while Jeff might have been considered the breakout star of the team, he was proud of his singles work because people underestimated what he could do. He said that he had good matches with Rey Mysterio Junior for the Cruiserweight title and Chris Benoit for the
U.S.
title. If Matt was given time, things could have been awesome.

Matt was asked why the WWE never got one hundred percent behind him to see if Matt could run with things as a singles guy. Matt suggested that it might have been because of his size or the perception that Jeff was the breakout star and they could not break that perception. Matt suggested that he was too nice of a guy and didn’t cut enough people’s throats. “Maybe I just tried to do the right thing. Maybe I tried to work hard for the business instead of stepping on other people to get to the top.”

Matt was asked how political things were in the WWE. Matt talked about Amy Weber and he said that Adam poured a Bloody Mary on her. Then there is the thing with Adam and Amy, and he did not get reprimanded for either thing. Matt said that you need to keep people in check and even if you are doing something good, you cannot be allowed to go out of control. Matt would rather invest in someone who is dependable and will do the right thing.

Matt was asked about his options on July 11th. Matt said that he has talked to people at TNA, Ring of Honor, and in Japanese companies. Matt said that the most natural thing for him to do is work for TNA. He might not want to team with Jeff, but would not mind being associated with him. Matt said that he wouldn’t mind facing Jeff Jarrett (quote about cult). “There has never been a fanbase. There has never been a cult, loyal following like the following of both of us together.” “Put us together and there is something special there.”

Matt said that he watches anything he could get his hands on because he loves the business, including Ring of Honor and TNA. Matt said that the TNA pay per views were better than the WWE pay per views in November, December, and January. They might not have the star power or the smoke and mirrors of the WWE, but “as far as guys going out there working and busting their asses in real hot matches, they have had some solid shows. There are a lot of younger guys and there are a lot of contributions that I think I can make to help make the place a much better place.”

Matt said that he believes in karma and he would hate to be in Adam’s shoes because he is in store for a lot of torture.

Matt was asked about his fans. He said that he is a down to earth guy. He does not think that he is better than anyone else. He will stop to sign autographs because he knows how they might react because he would have reacted the same way if he saw his favorite wrestler in public. He does not mind taking a few seconds for the smile on a fan’s face.

Matt said that the people who support him so passionately are people who he has met over the years. He wants the people who meet him at events to feel special, and make them feel like he is a friend of theirs. “Without them there would be no me.” It is these people who buy the t-shirts and other merchandise and make you into a star.

Matt was asked about people he would like to get in the ring with once he is able to sign somewhere. He said that he read A.J. Styles’ comments about how he thought it was stupid of the WWE to release Matt. Matt would love to wrestle an hour with A.J. Matt talked about Abyss and how he saw the match with Jeff. Matt wants to incorporate a more realistic style in his work, like there is in Ring of Honor. Matt mentioned that Paul Heyman said that the wrestling that is being presented is like the ‘Attitude’ style, and it is time to change into a new cycle. Matt talked about how the WWF looked for ‘the next Hulk Hogan’ to take over and not try to change things.

Matt was asked about Paul Heyman and how his character might have benefited from Paul’s involvement on SmackDown!. Matt said that he is a fan of Paul Heyman’s writing and his wrestling mind. Matt said that when he first met Paul and Paul told Matt that the crowd reaction “was the biggest thing since the nWo”. Matt said that was Paul trying to build up the morale. Matt was asked about how Paul must feel not being involved with the creative team. Matt said that Paul has a lot of talent, but he thinks the WWE cannot control him. Matt said that the WWE is very controlling. There is not a lot of room to get out of line.

Matt was asked about how the company changed in his seven years in the WWE. Matt was asked about how promos are currently scripted. He said that it is a totally different atmosphere from when he started. Matt said that there was only one writer, Vince Russo and he had Ed Ferrara help him. Matt talked about how Steve Austin was told what to talk about. Matt said that if he knew then what he knows now, it would have been awesome. Matt said that if you put a lot of words in a wrestler’s mouth that they would not normally say will not work.

Matt said that it was frustrating because he had some things to do with the Version One character. Matt said that Stephanie is a workaholic and follows in Vince’s footsteps. Matt said that he was doing something in the back and he said ‘Matt Hardy Version One’, and Stephanie stopped and told him that it would not get over.

Matt said that he enjoyed the Matt facts, but eventually creative tampered with it. He was able to get a lot of things over. Matt said that he felt that he should have been turned babyface when he lost the Cruiserweight title to Rey. He would not have lost the cockiness of the character instead of a straight babyface. Matt said that the only way you learn is by making mistakes. If you have a new talent that is green, and you tell him what to do, they will never be able to think on their own, do things on their own, and make mistakes on their own. People will not be able to learn.

Matt was asked if he was going to promote shows again. Matt said that he enjoys doing that. He enjoys making a living by wrestling, and he loves the business. He wants to have a brotherly; team atmosphere in the locker room gives a good feeling because you have everyone trying to be successful.

Matt was asked about what he has heard from Jeff about TNA. Matt said that ‘Jeff is Jeff’ and Jeff enjoys being there. Jeff has been renewed as far as being motivated. Matt said that Jeff is probably happiest with the schedule with TNA. Matt was asked if he sees TNA being able to take the next step. He is not aware of all of the details with TNA, but there needs to be competition. If TNA puts on a good show, it will make the WWE put on a good show. It will give the boys another place to work. Right now, things are a monopoly. Matt said that there are a lot of wrestlers who are deserving of spots, but there are a limited number of spots.

Matt was asked if he were able to go to TNA and could succeed there, how it would help others. Matt said that it is up to the person’s preferences. Do they want to work on television or work a few shows in
Japan
and make more money. If the schedules and money were the same, it might be easier to compare.

Matt said that he has a lot of things for him to do between now and July 11th. Matt said that in the WWE, it was complete tunnel vision, but now he is able to do some things outside wrestling. “All the stuff could have went down, the Adam/Amy situation, the WWE release. I could have sat back, and cried, and moaned, and balled up and died, but you cannot be like that. You have to pick up the pieces and move on.” He could have cried, moan, rolled up in a ball and died. One day, he might be back in the WWE. Right now, he has achieved his original dream for him and his brother to be in the WWE, become tag team champs, and become successful. He achieved a lot more than he expected and he has a lot more to do. He wants to be successful and motivate himself. He wants to be able to make his life better than it was when he was with the WWE.

Matt was asked if Vince McMahon called him tomorrow and asked him to come back to the WWE, would he go back. Matt said that he would probably go back, but what are the chances that it will happen. Matt said that he will not sit back and bury the company like some people in his situation probably would. Matt said that the WWE provided him with a lot that he would never have. Matt said that his only gripe was the way things were at the end. Matt wondered if the way he handled things was a reason to be released.

Between the Ropes airs every Wednesday from 10:00 p.m. until Midnight on 740 The Team in Orlando, Florida with Brian Fritz, Dickerman, and Vito DeNucci. Check out www.betweentheropes.com to listen to the live stream of the show every week. Archives of past interviews with Paul Heyman, Terry Funk, Rob Van Dam, Tully Blanchard, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, A.J. Styles, Jerry Lawler, Bobby Heenan, Steve Corino, Shane Douglas, Elix Skipper, Harley Race, Bubba Ray Dudley, and many more people in the world of professional wrestling can also be found on www.betweentheropes.com.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jackov

Matt Hardy's RETURN!!

The following is a press release from Big Time Wrestling (BTW):
After his 90-day no-compete clause is up, former WWE Superstar Matt Hardy will be making his BTW debut in July!! On Friday night, July 22, Matt will make his in-ring debut for Big Time Wrestling at the Newark Pavilion in Newark, CA. Bell time is 7:30pm. Then on Saturday, July 23, Matt will be signing autographs at the Toys R Us (2700 Sisk Rd) in Modesto, CA from 1-3pm.

credit: noDQ.com