5465_256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 5465_256
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts
[QUOTE="tripleryan2004"][QUOTE="5465_256"][QUOTE="tripleryan2004"][QUOTE="-RKO"][QUOTE="tripleryan2004"]

[QUOTE="-RKO"]Might as well say bye to Nunzio, Funaki and Venis the way this is going. Wouldnt be surprised to see Dupree and Tomko gone either. :(superman2412

Tomko's with Christian who is getting a push. So, I doubt it. Also, Dupree was in a match last week. I know it doesn't matter, but I still think he'll be here.

No, remember Christian got drafted to SD! but Tomko had to stay on Raw.

Oh, yes. I remember, now. I feel bad for Tomko. WWE pushes Christian, while Tomko has a great ability to become World Heavyeight Champion.

Did you just say Tomko has great ability to become World HW champion, did I hear you right?

I do not even think he could make a good IC or US champion, Tomko will be lucky if he is in the WWE by the end of the year.

His in ring ability is fantastic... Mic skills I haven't heard... But, if WWE gives him the push that he needs, he'd be great. Instead of silent tom.

I personally think OJ is better and OJ sucks as us champ

Well said, I do not know what that other guy sees in Tomko. I mean, his in-ring skills are far from fantastic. Fantastic in-ring ability is for wrestlers such as Bret Hart, Sting, HBK, Angle, Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, RVD and Owen Hart, not Tomko!!!

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
[QUOTE="superman2412"][QUOTE="tripleryan2004"][QUOTE="5465_256"][QUOTE="tripleryan2004"][QUOTE="-RKO"][QUOTE="tripleryan2004"]

[QUOTE="-RKO"]Might as well say bye to Nunzio, Funaki and Venis the way this is going. Wouldnt be surprised to see Dupree and Tomko gone either. :(5465_256

Tomko's with Christian who is getting a push. So, I doubt it. Also, Dupree was in a match last week. I know it doesn't matter, but I still think he'll be here.

No, remember Christian got drafted to SD! but Tomko had to stay on Raw.

Oh, yes. I remember, now. I feel bad for Tomko. WWE pushes Christian, while Tomko has a great ability to become World Heavyeight Champion.

Did you just say Tomko has great ability to become World HW champion, did I hear you right?

I do not even think he could make a good IC or US champion, Tomko will be lucky if he is in the WWE by the end of the year.

His in ring ability is fantastic... Mic skills I haven't heard... But, if WWE gives him the push that he needs, he'd be great. Instead of silent tom.

I personally think OJ is better and OJ sucks as us champ

Well said, I do not know what that other guy sees in Tomko. I mean, his in-ring skills are far from fantastic. Fantastic in-ring ability is for wrestlers such as Bret Hart, Sting, HBK, Angle, Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, RVD and Owen Hart, not Tomko!!!

I wish the best for tomko

L3M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 L3M
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

found an interesting article

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=2591

How Many WWE Cuts To Expect?; Who's Notifying The Stars?
Reported ByRyan Cain
7/7/2005

The talk at RAW was that there would be 23 cuts in total.

We've also learned that Tommy Dreamer has been calling people and notifying them of their releases. According to sources, all those let go were told it was due to budget cuts and they could be brought back in the future.

We'll keep you posted.

Credit to www.imapctwrestling.com

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
So that means we will see another 6 cuts!? :shock:
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#205 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Released respond through WWE.com :?

Charlie Haas and Miss Jackie: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/8334621

It has been a whirlwind summer for Jackie Gayda and Charlie Haas. In fact, June couldn’t have been better for the former SmackDown! Superstars. The new couple was married on June 10 and then enjoyed a beautiful honeymoon in the Antigua, West Indies.

A clearly emotional Gayda, however, was forced to fight back tears as she spoke to WWE.com today about their releases from WWE. “For myself, I kind of put two and two together seeing all the new girls come in,” said a soft-spoken Gayda. “You see all these new gorgeous models come in and you wonder what direction they’re going in. It seems like they were getting away from the women wrestling.”

“It’s a shock,” Haas, a three-time WWE Tag Team Champion, said when reached via phone. “Vince (McMahon) said two weeks ago that some of us would be let go. So we knew it was coming, we just didn’t know who. You wake up one morning and you’re fired. And it’s not just you, but your wife as well. WWE was how we both made a living. I’m just glad they waited until after the wedding.”

Gayda and Haas were among several Superstars let go by WWE, including Billy Kidman, Spike Dudley, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Shannon Moore, Kenzo Suzuki, Maven, Dawn Marie, Joy Giovanni and Matt Morgan.

“That’s the way the industry is,” Haas said. “Who knows, maybe in six months we’ll get another look. You never know in this business.”

Haas expects to do some tours in Japan or possibly Italy in the near future. Haas has a college degree and a background in finance, once working on Wall Street, but says he has no plans to trade in his trunks for a suit and tie anytime soon.

“I’m one of the few guys who have that experience and degree to fall back on,” said Haas, who wrestled at Seton Hall. “But I didn’t come this far to give up now. I had a great, crazy run. I met my wife, I met great friends like Shelton Benjamin, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit. I couldn’t ask for more

“This was the first time I’ve been fired from any job and I’ve been working since I was 13,” Haas added. “But when one door closes another one usually opens. The fans should keep looking for my name.”

Gayda, who is just 23, plans on joining Charlie on some overseas tours, but is leaning toward finishing her degree in broadcast journalism and possibly seeking work in that field in the future.

“I was more shocked for Charlie, he put his heart and soul into the business,” Gayda said. “This was such a passion for him.”

Gayda was the Tough Enough 2 Champion in 2002, overcoming a painful leg injury to emerge as the winner.

“In some instances I think I got a fair shot, in other ways, I didn’t,” Gayda said. “I understand WWE is entertainment, but it’s also wrestling, I think women being active and physical can be just as sexy as girls in a bikini. I decided not to do Playboy when I had a chance, maybe that even came back to bite me in the butt.”

Still, Jackie was able to find a true silver lining when reflecting on her WWE experience: Her new husband. In March 2004, Jackie was part of a trade which sent her from RAW to SmackDown! At the time, she was emotionally, professionally and personally drained.

“After the trade, I was in shambles,” Gayda said. “I had all these friends from RAW and now I was going to a new show. I had just broken up with a longtime boyfriend. It was like I woke up a different person. But then I was able to meet Charlie and I was able to get to know him and travel the world together, I wouldn’t give any of that back. God does things for certain reasons.”

Matt Morgan: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/833462

Morgan committed to returningBy David AgostinoJuly 7, 2005

It was less than two months ago that Matt Morgan was at Judgment Day, helping Carlito defeat Big Show. Morgan was one of the more athletic and imposing Superstars on the SmackDown! roster. And at 6-foot-10 and just 28-years-old, Morgan figured to have a bright future with WWE.

And while he hopes he still might, that future became slightly more clouded when Morgan was one of many Superstars let go by the company earlier this week.

In fact, after Morgan saw the first list of cuts on Tuesday, he took a deep breath, only to get the bad news one day later.

“I saw the first list of guys let go and my heart just went out to them,” Morgan said in an exclusive WWE.com interview. “Still, you’re happy it’s not you. Then the second day you get the call.”

Morgan had become a regular on SmackDown!, even appearing on the July 7 show. Considering how much he was on TV of late, Morgan was stunned by his release.

“I was kind of shocked,” Morgan said. “I thought I was doing everything they asked of me. I’m still so new to the sport and I have such an upside. I’m still going to get to where I have to go, I’m just going to have to take a different avenue.”

Currently, Morgan, who was part of Tough Enough 2, said he’s looking over a pair of offers he’s received for small movie roles. But, above everything else, he’s committed to returning to wrestling

“Wrestling is still my top priority,” Morgan said. “I will look at my options, whether that means wrestling in Japan, Germany, anywhere overseas. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward. I want to get the opportunity to come back and show everyone the real Matt Morgan. The guy who’s the most athletic and promising big man in the sport.”

Still, Morgan had a blast over the last couple months, and he’s still confident a return will be in the works one day.

“It was awesome, I had the time of my life,” Morgan said. “I want to thank all of the McMahons, Jim Ross, John Laurinaitis and Fit Finlay for giving me the opportunity. I will see them again. I learned about having fun and not being wound so tight. It didn’t work out this time, but I’m willing to accept it and grow from it. I’m just 28, I’m only going to get better.”

Billy Kidman: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/83346211

No comment from KidmanBy David AgostinoJuly 6, 2005

Former Cruiserweight Champion Billy Kidman declined to comment on being released from WWE, but did leave the door open for an interview at a later date

superman2412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#206 superman2412
Member since 2004 • 4120 Posts
stupid wwe :evil:
5465_256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 5465_256

stupid wwe :evil:superman2412

Honestly, can you say most of the wrestlers were doing a whole lot in the WWE. I do not have a problem with the cuts, other than the Dudley's, Hass and how it effects the wrestlers personally. Sure, I feel bad for the wrestlers, but you also have to look out it from WWE's side of things and see their point of view. I am the kind of person who try's to look at both side of a story and not only the victim's/sad story side.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="superman2412"]stupid wwe :evil:5465_256

Honestly, can you say most of the wrestlers were doing a whole lot in the WWE. I do not have a problem with the cuts, other than the Dudley's, Hass and how it effects the wrestlers personally. Sure, I feel bad for the wrestlers, but you also have to look out it from WWE's side of things and see their point of view. I am the kind of person who try's to look at both side of a story and not only the victim's/sad story side.

Think about this though. Who's fault is it that some of these guys aren't being used? Its not their fault, they aren't sitting in the locker room saying to themselves "Hey, today I want to wrestle Val Venis on a Heat match that ultimately will have no impact on anything." They are victims of the flaws of the Creative geniuses at WWE that can't figure out how to put on 2 hours of consistently entertaining television. Do you think Matt Morgan pitched the idea to Vince "Hey, Vince, I want to be the stuttering wrestler, it'll be great." Do you think Chavo tracked down Stephanie and said, "hey Steph, I've got an idea that'll really get me over, I'll blame my losses on being Mexican and change my name to Kerwin White, the crowd will eat it up?"

The simple fact is that WWE did not give many of these guys the opportunity. Akio went out there every Tuesday and busted his ass, putting way more effort into his 5-7 minute matches that ended up airing on Saturday Night than many others, like a certain wrestling God or even an aging Deadman, but the geniuses gave him nothing. They didn't even give him an opportunity to shine on a grander stage. If he ever made it on to PPV, it would be a part of a 6-way match that lasts ten minutes.

These men and women are completely at the mercy of the writing team. Those guys determine who gets mic and TV time and who's reduced to trying to make other guys look good. What's the difference between Heidenreich and Akio? Its sure as hell not in ring ability, its the fact Heidenreich gets 5-7 minutes on Smackdown each week and gets feuds and such, while Akio was on Velocity trying to get noticed.

Maybe, if the WWE wasn't so focused on providing "entertainment" like a bikini obstacle course, or 20 minute promos that could be done in 5 minutes and have the same impact, they'd be able give these guys an opportunity to let their abilities shine and maybe, just maybe they could keep their job. I hope this doesn't come off too harsh towards you, bro, but I've gotten a bit passionate about this, and I believe he is right saying "stupid WWE" because its WWE thats blaming and firing the wrong people for its problems.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Well put i share the same feelings.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#210 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts

Think about this though. Who's fault is it that some of these guys aren't being used? Its not their fault, they aren't sitting in the locker room saying to themselves "Hey, today I want to wrestle Val Venis on a Heat match that ultimately will have no impact on anything." They are victims of the flaws of the Creative geniuses at WWE that can't figure out how to put on 2 hours of consistently entertaining television. Do you think Matt Morgan pitched the idea to Vince "Hey, Vince, I want to be the stuttering wrestler, it'll be great." Do you think Chavo tracked down Stephanie and said, "hey Steph, I've got an idea that'll really get me over, I'll blame my losses on being Mexican and change my name to Kerwin White, the crowd will eat it up?"

The simple fact is that WWE did not give many of these guys the opportunity. Akio went out there every Tuesday and busted his ass, putting way more effort into his 5-7 minute matches that ended up airing on Saturday Night than many others, like a certain wrestling God or even an aging Deadman, but the geniuses gave him nothing. They didn't even give him an opportunity to shine on a grander stage. If he ever made it on to PPV, it would be a part of a 6-way match that lasts ten minutes.

These men and women are completely at the mercy of the writing team. Those guys determine who gets mic and TV time and who's reduced to trying to make other guys look good. What's the difference between Heidenreich and Akio? Its sure as hell not in ring ability, its the fact Heidenreich gets 5-7 minutes on Smackdown each week and gets feuds and such, while Akio was on Velocity trying to get noticed.

Maybe, if the WWE wasn't so focused on providing "entertainment" like a bikini obstacle course, or 20 minute promos that could be done in 5 minutes and have the same impact, they'd be able give these guys an opportunity to let their abilities shine and maybe, just maybe they could keep their job. I hope this doesn't come off too harsh towards you, bro, but I've gotten a bit passionate about this, and I believe he is right saying "stupid WWE" because its WWE thats blaming and firing the wrong people for its problems.

The_Dude14

amen.
5465_256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 5465_256
[QUOTE="5465_256"]

[QUOTE="superman2412"]stupid wwe :evil:The_Dude14

No, your not being to harsh. Also, I can understand your passion. Now, you have given your views, time to give my. I hope I do not sound to harsh, I am just showing the order side of the coin and trying to give everyone logic behind WWE/F's reasons behind firing so many people. Can you honestly say ever last wrestler got fired have all of the potential in the world? Guys like Maven, Kenzo, Spike and Gangrel had their chance to shine and did not do whole lot.

Honestly, Spike never fit in, so I think it was good thing and had plenty of chances to shine IMHO, but went no where with them. Also, Spike was not very happy being in the WWE, so it was probably a good thing they fired him. Maven, he had plenty of chances, he is the biggest example of getting plenty of chances and rightly being fired. Kenzo, IMHO, he was given a chance to shine on SD during 2004 and did not show me whole lof of potential. Gangrel, had not been on TV for a few months, never was a great wrestler and he was character that already had his chance to shine and failed IMHO.

Matt Morgan, this is another big guy that is doomed to being a mid-card and frankely, I am sick and tired of seeing Big men with average wrestling skill. Also, Matt Morgan probably did not have time to a whole lot, but I do not think he was going anywhere fast and he did not have much of a conection with the fans, from what I seen. Marty Jannetty, yes his great for sure, but he has problems with the law and the WWE probably does want those kind of problems.

Jackie, Dawn and Joy, three divas with no talent, other than flashing T & A, that is nothing specially about that. Yes, it was massed up that they lied to Dawn. But still, she had no tatent, other than flashing T & A. As far Akio, yes he can wrestle well, but the CWD is dying and the fans in the ring seem to never seem to responed to him either way. Also, these are the kind of Divas that most people will not remember and most people will not notice they are gone, enought said!!!

As far Shannon Moore, he had a few chances to shine IMHO, but he did not go anywhere and the fans seem not to chare for him a whole lot. Also, the CWD is dying, so there is not a whole lot of need for CW wrestlers IMHO. As far Chavo, go to the thread about Chavo's new character to what I think about him and my thoughts. As far the Dudleys, they did want to bargin with the WWE, so what can I say. As far Kidman, he had his chances to shine in the WWE IMHO. Also, he was not in the best of shape and from what I heard, he was retiring real soon.

Sure, it is massed up these wresters got fired (I agree that is not what I am saying). But as much as that is massed up, you cannot only think about the poor wrestlers that got fired, you should also think about the company and the employes that work there.

What is Vince post to due, keep ever last wrestler around because they are human beings and they have been loyal, even thought he going to lose money off them and there are not there job getting more butts in the seats, okay?

Also, victims you say? Probably true, but I have always hated people playing the victime role. I have always said when you stop being the victim and start being something else, is when you do great in life. Look at Austin, did he did cry when he was fired from WCW, HELL NO!!! He suck it to WCW and went to ECW to show he was great and showed what he thought of them. IMHO, that is what theys wrestlers should do and they can show WWE/F why they should have never been fired and what they think of them.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 The_Dude14

Also, victims you say? Probably true, but I have always hated people playing the victime role. I have always said when you stop being the victim and start being something else, is when you do great in life. Look at Austin, did he did cry when he was fired from WCW, HELL NO!!! He suck it to WCW and went to ECW to show he was great and showed what he thought of them. IMHO, that is what theys wrestlers should do and they can show WWE/F why they should have never been fired and what they think of them.

5465_256

I see your points, for the most part and while I don't like nor agree with all of them, there is a lot of truth to those. I also believe there were plenty of other employees of WWE that were far more expendable than these wrestlers, if someone has to go.

I think that the majority of these wrestlers are victims being blamed and fired for reasons beyond their control and in many cases, not their fault and I believe that is a shame, and I also think that most of these wrestler will rise above their circumstances and go on to succeed in TNA, RoH, or the independants, like James Gibson (Jamie Noble), Spanky, and The Outlaw have and Rhyno is starting on. However, there is a key difference between the landscape of professional wrestling when Austin was fired and today, and that the fact that tthe WWE is the only game in town. Chances are, they will never be given an opportunity to hit the big money again, and thats a shame.

5465_256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 5465_256
[QUOTE="5465_256"]

The_Dude14

I see your points, for the most part and while I don't like nor agree with all of them, there is a lot of truth to those. I also believe there were plenty of other employees of WWE that were far more expendable than these wrestlers, if someone has to go.

I think that the majority of these wrestlers are victims being blamed and fired for reasons beyond their control and in many cases, not their fault and I believe that is a shame, and I also think that most of these wrestler will rise above their circumstances and go on to succeed in TNA, RoH, or the independants, like James Gibson (Jamie Noble), Spanky, and The Outlaw have and Rhyno is starting on. However, there is a key difference between the landscape of professional wrestling when Austin was fired and today, and that the fact that tthe WWE is the only game in town. Chances are, they will never be given an opportunity to hit the big money again, and thats a shame.

I agree, most of these wrestlers were not the most expendable employees, you speak the truth on that. IMHO, more useless Divas should have been cut first (especially sense we have more of them coming with the current Diva search, I think most could agree with that).

Yes, you make a good point about the difference between now and 1994/1995, back then there was three different major wrestling companies, now there is only two (that is if you count TNA as one) and WWE is cleary the big dog in town. Back in 1995, there were three different companies and WCW and WWE/F were more closer in compention, where TNA is not even close to WWE/F in the compention area. Great Point!!! I did not thing about that, my bad!

Welll, I guess WWE/F's loss is TNA's, ROH's, Japan wrestling's and ect gain, I guess that is the positive way to look at it.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
Unstickying and putting in sticky threads topic
-RKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 -RKO
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
Unstickying and putting in sticky threads topicdRehkJY
:| Why?
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 dRehkJY
Because it was already in there :P And there were 7 threads sticky'd.
superman2412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 superman2412
[QUOTE="5465_256"]

[QUOTE="superman2412"]stupid wwe :evil:The_Dude14

thanks for agreeing with me bro :wink:
-RKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 -RKO
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
Because it was already in there :P And there were 7 threads sticky'd.dRehkJY
:lol: 7 does seem like a lot!
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 dRehkJY
WWE has reached an agreement on the release of Jim Cornett from his duties in the developmental system OVW.
ssj4josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 ssj4josh
Member since 2004 • 3547 Posts
WWE has reached an agreement on the release of Jim Cornett from his duties in the developmental system OVW.dRehkJY
im glad they did :|
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts
Not only added to the unemployment line, but to anger management as well. :P Jim Cornette (from OVW) has been released.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Jackov

Specific Reasons For Recent WWE Wrestlers Release

Written by Matthew Boone on 07/08/2005

Credit: PWTorch.com

- Although WWE appreciated Matt Morgan's work ethic and personality, the feeling was that he lacked natural ability or enough promise to remain on the roster.

- Charlie Haas' release was due to his perceived lack of charisma, which stood in the way of his becoming a top draw.

- Jackie Gayda's release, however, was largely a product of being far too outspoken backstage. "Her mouth got her into trouble," one wrestler said.

- As with Charlie Haas, Billy Kidman was seen as very limited in terms of charisma. His durability was also in question, as he'd been very injury prone in recent months.

LynchMob09R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LynchMob09R
Member since 2003 • 1145 Posts
from wrestlezone.com The talk at RAW was that there would be 23 cuts in total. We've also learned that Tommy Dreamer has been calling people and notifying them of their releases. According to sources, all those let go were told it was due to budget cuts and they could be brought back in the future. We'll keep you posted.
L3M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 L3M
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=14372/articles/news

Major Roster Cut Update: Why Jindrak, Maven, Suzuki, Gangrel Were ReleasedDate Added: July 13, 2005
Story By: Ben Johnson

Source: PWTorch.com Newsletter

As has been reported, last week's explosive WWE roster cuts were largely done with cost in mind. However, in choosing which talent to cut, various factors were evaluated. Below are specific reasons for several of the releases.

- In addition to lacking the in-ring and microphone skills necessary to succeed, Mark Jindrak reportedly did not have a great attitude and was said to be more interested in life on the road than becoming a great wrestler. WWE felt that he had numerous opportunities to get over on television, and failed each time.

- Aside from having a mixed backstage reputation, Maven was also said to be progressing very slowly as a wrestler and having trouble connecting with the fans.

- Despite the initial backing of Johnny Ace, Kenzo Suzuki, too, did not have the charisma or in-ring ability needed to warrant a place on the roster.

- WWE had little use for David "Gangrel" Heath - his gimmick was far too outdated for the modern scene.

credit to www.prowrestling.com

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 The_Dude14

http://www.liveaudiowrestling.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=13752

Earl Hebner fired by WWE

by Dave Meltzer

dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Earl Hebner, the most well known referee in U.S. pro wrestling, was fired earlier today by WWE, allegedly for selling merchandise without authorization.

Reports that Dave Hebner was fired are said to be incorrect at the moment, although he was alleged to be involved and has been disciplined.

Earl Hebner has been with the company since 1988 when he played the role of heel Dave Hebner in the Andre the Giant title win over Hulk Hogan in Indianapolis. He's easily the most famous referee in pro wrestling history, stemming from his officiating the 1997 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match in Montreal where he ordered the bell rung on Hart. He was belived to have been the highest paid referee in the history of pro wrestling since that time as a reward for choosing to do what the company asked of him after promising not to do so to Hart, one of his best friends in the company.

He had refereed most main events on PPV for the past decade.

Wow, Canada's second favorite heel's now gone. I'm a little shocked at this one, Hebner has more or less the standard for wrestling referees.

Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Kitanya
Member since 2003 • 2359 Posts
He shouldn't have been fired, he gets a huge pop at live events, just not in Canada
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 hbk91

Earl Hebner gone is pretty bad. We won't be seeing him in the WWE games anymore! :lol:

superman2412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 superman2412

Earl Hebner gone is pretty bad. We won't be seeing him in the WWE games anymore! :lol:

hbk91
maybe he will be a referee lengend :lol: you can unlock him by being a referee for season mode :lol:
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

superman2412
maybe he will be a referee lengend :lol: you can unlock him by being a referee for season mode :lol:

haha that would be a funny unlockable.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Jackov
In a shocking turn of events (,well, it shocked the hell outta me), Earl Hebner, the (former) head referee for the WWE, has been released!
Shadows_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Shadows_Fury
Member since 2005 • 2983 Posts
In a shocking turn of events (,well, it shocked the hell outta me), Earl Hebner, the (former) head referee for the WWE, has been released!Jackov

go up 7-8 posts from here...
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Jackov

[QUOTE="Jackov"]In a shocking turn of events (,well, it shocked the hell outta me), Earl Hebner, the (former) head referee for the WWE, has been released!Shadows_Fury

go up 7-8 posts from here...

too tired :P

shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#233 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts

(everything is inspired by last year's FireFest made by the webmasters at WWE 4-Ever)

Ladies & gentlemen...Welcome to the world of the unceremonious pink slip surfeit (look it up) known as...

Since the WWE have been firing wrestlers and divas left and right...again, it would be hard to keep up with each one. Fortunately, I've made a list of every single superstar who were FIRED (not including superstars who quit, retired, or had an expired contract) by the WWE this year (in chronological order):

Amy Weber *

Rhyno

Paul Bearer

Matt Hardy

Jesus Aguilera

Will "Chilly Willy" Jones (OVW)

Molly Holly *

Bobbi Billard

Luther Reigns

Marc Lloyd

Lauren Jones

Mark Jindrak

Maven

Shannon Moore

Akio

Gangrel

Billy Kidman

Spike Dudley

Mordecai (OVW)

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Miss Jackie

Marty Jannetty

Dawn Marie

Kenzo Suzuki

Joy

Hiroko

Jim Cornette

Earl Hebner

* - mutual departure

The list will be edited/updated each time a superstar is newly added to the unemployment line.

We in the GameSpot World Wrestling Everything forums are not making fun of the superstars who were fired. Most of us feel bad about the newly released superstars. We all wish them the best of luck on (quickly) finding a new job elsewhere.

(By the way, that was my first banner I ever made in Photoshop [CS]. Thank you, Jason Krowe [WWE 4-Ever], for the inspiration.)

Now go check out WWE 4-Ever's version of WWE FireFest '05! (b'-')b

Jackov

Wow, just look at this list. I did not even know half of these guys got fired.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Jackov
Dave Hebner has been added to the list.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 The_Dude14

Dave Hebner and Ivory have been added to the list.Jackov
I had forgotten that Ivory still worked for the WWE.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Jackov

[QUOTE="Jackov"]Dave Hebner and Ivory have been added to the list.The_Dude14

My mistake. It seems that Ivory's contract will not be renewed, so that doesn't count as getting fired. *removes her from the list*

You can see her last appearance on the WWE Experience this Sunday morning.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="Jackov"]Dave Hebner and Ivory have been added to the list.Jackov

My mistake. It seems that Ivory's contract will not be renewed, so that doesn't count as getting fired. *removes her from the list*

You can see her last appearance on the WWE Experience this Sunday morning.

Same difference my friend!

Either way you look at it, she will not be working for WWE anymore.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 hbk91

More On Ivory's WWE Release

- Ivory's release was not at all a surprise, as WWE has little need for excess weekend show announcers. Considering WWE Experience will not get a pickup on USA, and WWE had no other use for Ivory, she was considered an "easy" opportunity to cut some costs going into the USA move.

Credit: http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=2933

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jackov

Now there are rumors are going around that "The Future" Frankie Kazarian is the next to be fired. WTF is up with that?

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 keiblerfan69

Now there are rumors are going around that "The Future" Frankie Kazarian is the next to be fired. WTF is up with that?

Jackov

ya he requested for it. i for one am glad. he doesnt belong in WWE. he should be in TNA.
shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#241 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
[QUOTE="Jackov"]

keiblerfan69

ya he requested for it. i for one am glad. he doesnt belong in WWE. he should be in TNA.

Keiblerfan I agree with you 100%

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 dRehkJY
Took Hardy off the list. BTW, why was Joy Fired whereas Michelle and Rochelle (?) stayed? I mean, Joy was ROokie Diva 2005. So I guess that was another waste of PPV time
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 hbk91

WWE Releases Daniel Puder

In a cost-cutting measure, World Wrestling Entertainment is letting go of yet another wrestler from the "Tough Enough" contests. They released the bountiful Nidia back in November, co-winner of the first Tough Enough. Tough Enough 2 co-winner Linda Miles (Shaniqua) was released shortly there after, mostly due to attitude problems. The sultry Jackie Gayda was released in early-July along with her husband in a shocking move. And WWE finally gave up on the poster boy of Tough Enough as Maven was released in July as well. The latest Tough Enough castoff to be let go is none other than Tough Enough 2004 winner Daniel Puder.

Puder being let go is a salary issue and he wasn't even making as much as some people thought he was. He had a $250,000, 4-year contract with WWE, so it could have been $250,000 over four years, not per year. Only the first year was guaranteed though. It was advertised as a $1 million dollar, 4-year contract by WWE when they made the contest, however, it is public fraud on WWE's part and they can get it away it too with the fine print in the contracts they have the participants sign. So when it's all said and done, Puder made between $50,000 and $75,000 for his one year under WWE contract. In comparision, Ashley Massaro will make $250,000 for her first year with WWE.

Despite Puder's 5-digit salary, WWE still deemed it too pricey and so thus they are letting him go, and with 90 days to spare to coincide with the end of his one year guarantee with WWE, which expires in December. Puder has the option of accepting a developmental contract and transfering to the Georgia developmental promotion, however, he'll only make $750 a week. That's the same deal Tough Enough losers Ryan Reeves, Nick Mitchell and Mike Mizanin have. He has not yet made a decision on whether to accept the developmental deal or not as of last word, so there is a possibilty he may stick around to train in the WWE minor leagues, but it's not likely.

Puder was really, really close to being a part of the group of the 20 unfortunate talents to be let go by WWE back in July, but Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer and Danny Davis stuck up for him by saying that he wasn't given enough time and that he was working hard on improving. He stuck around in OVW this past summer, but WWE has finally decided to just pull the plug on him and let him go. He may tryout for the next UFC "Ultimate Fighter" competition.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Johnny nitro better be careful he could be next.
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 dRehkJY
Johnny nitro better be careful he could be next.Kotenks

MAtt Capotelli is more in risk. He is not on TV. Nitro is in MNM and they get loads of heat
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Johnny nitro better be careful he could be next.Kotenks

I doubt it. MNM is pretty over right now.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Jackov

Added Puder's pic to the list.

This really sucks. I think that Puder now has the shortest "life span" of a WWF/E Tough Enough winner.

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#248 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts
Add chris jericho to that list :lol: he might be gone for like 3 years or more
andremafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#249 andremafia
Member since 2005 • 874 Posts
DANIEL PUDER UPDATE
  • Daniel Puder, who was the last Tough Enough champion and the latest victim of the WWE's chopping block, will be issuing a statement on WWE.com about his release from the company this Friday.

Credit: WWE.com
    KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 KevyR
    Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
    Can anybody put up the updated list?