The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#251 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Puder comments on release: http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_14761.shtml

After refusing WWE.com's request to comment on record about his being released from the final three years of his Tough Enough 4 prize contract, Puder issued a statement on his own at his website. He wrote:

Yes, the rumors are true. I have been offered a release from my Million Dollar contract by World Wrestling Entertainment. The fine print in the contract that I won on Smackdown's Tough Enough was that only the first of the four years (at $250,000 per year) was guaranteed. This is their right, so no *****ing. I'm proud of winning the very first ever Million Dollar Tough Enough.

I'm proud that I adapted from MMA to WWE. I'm proud of my work in the ring with my pro wrestling trainers Lance Storm and more recently Al Snow, who was my Tough Enough trainer, too. I am proud of my association with a man like Danny Davis. I am proud to have worked with Tommy Dreamer. I am proud and have enjoyed working with and learning from Paul Heyman, and all the opportunities this experience has presented. And I know I will use this experience to my advantage when I make my next long term career move.

For the time being, I am headed back to Louisville, because Paul scheduled me in an OVW Title match against Johnny Jeter tomorrow night at the Davis Arena, 4400 Sheperdsville Road in Louisville. I hope it's my best pro wrestling match to date. I live up to my obligations and committments. That's the kind of man I am. And I'm going to show the world that at 23 years old, WWE thought short term and not long term with me. But I won't brag about it in advance. I'll prove it to everyone. Full Article Link.

We will have more on the Puder situation in this week's new Torch Newsletter scheduled to be published online in a matter of hours.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

Can anybody put up the updated list?KevyR

It's already been updated. :P

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
Yeah they're all in the first post! :P
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Jackov
Added another one to the list, Brian Danovich from OVW. Brian was the Million Dollar Tough Enough contestant that became injured during the contest and was offered a contract out of his desire and determination.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 hbk91

-- WWE referee Brian Hebner has been fired by WWE. No details have been revealed as to why he was let go. John Laurinaitis gave him the releaser this past week.

It should be noted that Brian has had some behavior issues in the past. Earl and Dave Hebner coming under hot water from WWE management back in the summer and then being subsequently fired probably didn't help matters.

WWE is now Hebner-less for the first time since the 80's.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts

-- WWE referee Brian Hebner has been fired by WWE. No details have been revealed as to why he was let go. John Laurinaitis gave him the releaser this past week.

It should be noted that Brian has had some behavior issues in the past. Earl and Dave Hebner coming under hot water from WWE management back in the summer and then being subsequently fired probably didn't help matters.

WWE is now Hebner-less for the first time since the 80's.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

hbk91

Wow what will we ever do without a Hebner in the WWE. It's actually kinda sad.:cry:

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 hbk91
Yeah I think their presence will be missed too. :(
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 hbk91

Source: PWInsider.com

It’s said that the firing of Torrie Wilson has been planned for quite some time. Specifically, almost ever since the release of her husband, Billy Kidman.

There were reports a while back that Torrie had gotten a big head after the playboy photo shoots, which certainly could have lead to some WWE high-ups being put off by her behind the scenes.

We can now confirm that Torrie Wilson is gone from WWE.  We have no other details at this time.  Expect WWE to make an official announce tomorrow.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#259 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
well i can't wait to see who vince fires next..... probably goldust or vader b/c vince doesn't care as long as they serve their purpose
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#260 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Wow, I just realized that we never updated this thread when all of us got fired by Vince a few weeks back.  :P

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 DirtyDarren
lol.... don't remind me of the bad news
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

So, I am assuming Christian does not count, seeing how he left on his own account, rather than being fired from the WWE.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Jackov

Updated the list 'cause it NEEDED it.  And I reposted Matt Hardy's name on there, but with another special character after his name.  He WAS fired, but he was rehired later this year, but he's STILL part of the FireFest list!

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#264 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
You should add people who left on their own  in like different type
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 DirtyDarren
I think the WWE needs to get it's sh!t together
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 hbk91

I haven't seen either of The Bashams on TV these past few months so I am pretty much expecting them to be released soon.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#267 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Who is next? Should we add J.R. to that list?! We could list it as fired, but put on-air next to his name.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 DirtyDarren
hbk91 is right.... Bashams are next
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Jackov

Added the crazy red-head, Christy Hemme, to the FireFest list.

It's kinda sad though, as she had a monumentous match against Trish Stratus at WM21. :roll:

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Jackov
DETAILS ON CHRISTY HEMME'S RELEASE FROM WWE
by
Mike Johnson (PWI) @ 3:20:00 PM on 12/5/2005

As noted earlier today, Christy Hemme was released by World Wrestling Entertainment today. WWE's website noted that the company and Hemme had "come to terms on her release." The decision was the company's, not Hemme's, as she had been trying to come up with new ideas for when she returned to the main roster as late as this past weekend.

Hemme had just relocated to Kentucky to begin full-time with WWE developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling. She was originally scheduled to start upon returning from a promotional appearance in New Zealand this week with Batista. Hemme arrived early and was booked in a debut OVW angle and match, with her match being taped to air on this week's TV show while she would be overseas. According to sources, Hemme's appearance overseas was canceled late last week and she received a call from management informing her she was being let go this morning.

The announcement caught a number of people within WWE by surprise as Hemme had a reputation for wanting to learn and improve inside the ring and had been heavily promoted by the company during her tenure there as one of the top Divas in the company. There had been no talk of her release last night at the Smackdown taping in South Carolina among the wrestlers, some of whom were surprised when contacted today.

Hemme won the initial WWE Diva Search contest last year, earning a one year $250,000 contract. She later posed for Playboy as part of the Wrestlemania 21 synergy. She had been moved from Raw to Smackdown several months back and was working under the terms of a new deal at the time of her release.

Hemme's official website at ChristyHemme.com has yet to reflect her release, noting that she would be departing her Smackdown touring schedule to train in OVW. There is no word as to whether she (like Daniel Puder when released) would finish up her OVW storyline.

Hemme likely has a 90 day cycle where she is unable to appear for any other wrestling company.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Jackov
Added Tajiri to the list, but as a mutual agreement.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#272 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
That is one long list. A few of my favorites got fired, like Rhino and Tajiri.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Jackov

And so ends the year of 2005.  All the names in the first post is the complete list of WWE/OVW wrestlers who were fired last year.  Thank you for enjoying my up-to-date coverage on WWE FireFest '05.  Let's hope that 2006 doesn't see as many firings as last year.

WWE FireFest '06 comin' soon.....but hopefully not real soon!