tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#251 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

They are now saying that Nancy was bound at the feet and possibly the hands when they found her.

*EDIT* They are saying Nacy died Friday night. Danial died Saturday Morning, and Chris died Saturday night.

Halo2_Norad
But Benoit come back on Saturday.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#252 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

So I just watched the press conference and I have to comment about just a couple things. First, the bibles that were by his wife and son...?? That's pretty odd if you ask me, and I'm wondering what he would've done that for. Secondly, they found steroids in his house.... guess the WWE Testing Policy isn't that good unless they're for someone else. If the Toxicology report comes back with any signs of 'roids, you know the news media is gonna grab ahold of it, and then WWE is gonna have the lights on them like back in 1994.

I just get the feeling that WWE cutting off ties from Benoit could end up really hurting them.... but I do understand where they're coming from.

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 Halo2_Norad
Member since 2002 • 3802 Posts

Something is just not right with this. This is what I got from the press conference:

- Benoit flew home FRI

- Benoit killed his wife FRI night/early SAT

- Benoit killed his son SAT morning

- Benoit killed himself SAT night/early SUN

- Police found a bible by both Nacy and Danial

- Police found nacy in the office bound and a towel wrapped arournd her

- Danial was found in his bedroom, not bound, just laying in his bed

- Chris was found in the basment straggled by a pully cord from one of his wieght machines

Now im confused on the time of deaths. According to wwe he left on a family emergancy SUN. I'm confused. This is like a mystery novel.

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts
Something doesn't add up. How long does it take to get from Houston (Where vengeance 07 was) to Atlanta?
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

Something doesn't add up. How long does it take to get from Houston (Where vengeance 07 was) to Atlanta?Total-KO
On average it take 2 hours and 17 minutes (on plane). Also they are speculating that the text messages were bible verses it anyone was wondering.

TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
Couple hours on a Plane.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#257 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Benoit didn't leave on Sunday he missed. He most likely called it in then killed his family
Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Halo2_Norad

It take 3-3.5 hours from Houston to Atlanta according to orbitz.

Hmmm... the text messages were bible verses. interesting.

MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

"Search Results for "discontinued"

"The product you have tried to access is no longer available for purchase on this site"

This is really sad, WWE management must be having a meltdown right now, on whether or not to show tribute tonight or not.

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
Well the testimonials have been removed along with his profile and if you go to RAW under TV Shows it mentions nothing about a tribute. It's layed out as if RAW went on last night as it was originally planned.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Total-KO
Something needs to be done in the long term, to prevent this from happening.
Avatar image for McnabbsPHIeagle
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 McnabbsPHIeagle
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
i think ecw won't recognize the event, it will be buisness as usual.
Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Halo2_Norad
After what the police said about the incident. I'm expecting that they will not say anything about it on ECW. They won't even bring up his picture. It will be as if nothing happened. Plus the McMahon story line has been dropped so tonight it is going to be nothing but matches. HUZZZA!!!
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
Why the hell are you comparing Benoit to Hitler :|
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 McnabbsPHIeagle
YAY DEATH TO THE VINCE IS DEAD STROYLINE!!!
Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Halo2_Norad
I think its because Hitler was also the greatest!!!! j/k
_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts

I really don't know what to say about any of this. I feel like i'm insane. To think that i may havemarked hard for a guyhad it in him to do something like this...... truly makes me sick to my stomach.

At first, none of it made sense. But the more i thought about it, the more it made sense, unfortunately. These guys travel 300 + days a year. That in and of itself takes alot out of you, physically AND mentally. Watch any shoot video, and they'll tell you that your life and family are on the road. Everyone said it in those testimonials. "Benoit never let anyone in. He was only truly close to a few select individuals. " Take away a few ofthose selectindividuals on the road (Eddie), combined with steroid use and20 years of physical and mental wear and tear, and that's bound to takeSOME toll on anyone's sanity.

If Chris did in fact kill his wife and kid, God rest their souls. As for Benoit.... no comment.....

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 -Karmum-

either way, can any of you honestly watch another Benoit match and not be disgusted? the cowardice thing he did to his family and then took the easy way out? could any of you say "oh he killed his family/wife/himself, i hope he's NOT in hell...i hope he's in heaven." even if his wife killed their son, Benoit should not have killed his wire (or anyone for that matter). and i hope none of you try to defend that statement, if you came home and your dad killed you mom, would you kill your dad?

sephy37

Honestly, I probably would. The horror that my father thought he has the rights to kill my mom...unbelieveable. But that's not the main focus of this...arguement..or discussion.

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Halo2_Norad
no, you just triple posted. Delete the others before you get modded.
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 McnabbsPHIeagle
omg i deleted it and no one died!
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 -Karmum-

There is truly something missing, if the reports of his family members coughing up blood, while he was gone...there's something missing. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe he did this out of...out of the air. It's obviously hard to believe. But what I find extremely interesting if it's all...not true. If he didn't do it, can all of you saying your disgusted back away and apologize for making such an...accusation? Honestly, I go no way. You can side that he's sick, disgusting, he'll never be respected again and he could be innocent. Then you can believe he did nothing wrong, and he is a cold blood killer. I find it extremely hard to believe your accusing him before all the details come in, because nobody is right so far. These rumors and guesses are not true until the facts come in.

I just find it hard to believe people are going on one side, and putting hate on another. Once the TRUE facts roll in, you may be on the wrong side and feel a bit humiliated. If I have bothered anyone with this post, I apologize.

Honestly for me, whether he is innocent or guilty, he may Rest in Peace in my book. Now, I cannot comment on the bibles by his family members...because I would refuse not to answer.

But, maybe it's just me. Maybe the facts are in and what is the answer will be final. But until I get an official report, rumors and guesses are completely false. (Except for the obvious few.)

SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#276 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts

What I find ludicris is how people in this thread are actually trying to justify murder just because they thought a guy was good in the ring. When I found out that he killed his wife and son my heart sank a bit. Everything changed when I found out that he was the murderer of both of them. I don't think I can ever see the man the same again. Just like I never saw Stone Cold the same when I found out that he beat his wife. I'm all for being sympathetic and all, but nothing can justify murder.

I feel terrible for WWE, though. They broke kayfabe and put on their special for him, and then it turns out he's a murderer. They must feel like idiots. Professional wrestling in general is getting bad publicity right now becuase of this.

On another note, Hogan is still alive.

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Total-KO

There is no reason to deny it. Benoit killed his family and himself. His cowardess will always overshadow his legacy to non-wrestling fans and the more I take this on board, the more I feel like that.

It goes to show what a poor state this business is in. I feel sick that I have marked out for someone like that.

It was a double murder-suicide. The methods of how are questionable, but the text messages sent were very eerie. It was a double-murder suidicide nonetheless.

Some people are suggesting that Kevin Sullivan was involved in this.(On forums, I mean.)Although, I highly doubt it.

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
If the reports of his family members coughing up blood is true... which will probably need to wait a while to find out... then I truly do not know what to believe.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

sephy, obviously you are a religious man and that is why you have your beliefs about never watching a benoit match again if it turns out benoit is a murderer. i for one have no religious beleifs whatsoever, i do know that (everything i say is now hypothetical) the benoit that murdered his family and the benoit we have watched for the past 20 years are two very different people, i hate the murderous benoit because he did a horrible thing to innocent people and i also hate that i can never see him wrestle again. but i can still watch benoit vs hbk vs hhh and enjoy it because i know that the benoit in that match loved his family and loved his life and career and would do anything to save it.

and if he did do it, i wouldn't wish him to suffer for all eternity because i'm sure he'd had suffered enough (people don't just see their wife and child die without feeling anything). there is no bias towards benoit as a murderer as opposed to hitler as a murderer. i just don't think you can say that what a person did is wrong without going through what they went through first.

the fact that i'm writing this is really upsetting, the me two days ago wouldn't have even believed it... hell i doubt anyone would have.

Mu5uk0

nope. i'm not religious. 100% atheist. f*ck god and all that. also i never said i wasn't gonna ever be able to watch another Benoit match because of what i believe, it's just that i will never look at them the same.

for example: i watched Wild Pegagus (Chris Benoit) vs. Lionheart (Chris Jericho) from Super J Cup 95 and it did absolutely nothing for me. a match that i considered **** 1/2 stars. i turned it off in 10 minutes because i couldn't stop thinking about how the man that i once loved, the man who put on more **** 3/4 star matches than anyone else ever in the US, the man who had so much passion for this sport, the man who was seemingly the ultimate family man...had murdered his wife and child.

What I find ludicris is how people in this thread are actually trying to justify murder just because they thought a guy was good in the ring. When I found out that he killed his wife and son my heart sank a bit. Everything changed when I found out that he was the murderer of both of them. I don't think I can ever see the man the same again. Just like I never saw Stone Cold the same when I found out that he beat his wife. I'm all for being sympathetic and all, but nothing can justify murder.

SwimPUNK

i know, it's weird. yes we all loved him in the ring. yes he put on great matches. but that's all we knew of him. we didn't know him personally, we never were friends with him. the whole "you don't know what was going thru his mind" thing is no justification for murder. nor is the fact that he's probably suffering for it now. he took the easy way out by killing himself too.

killing your son is the worst thing anyone can do. there is no excuse for that, not even "save him the trouble of growing up without his parents."

my heart goes out to the rest of the Benoit family, Chris's other children from previous marriages and his family in Edmonton/Calgary

oshane_leagull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 oshane_leagull
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

The atheist statement made absolutely no sense Gary. You hoped he went to hell, yet it's something your claiming to not believe in.

Anyway........

I was just watching the news and they were talking to a lawyer or an investigator and apparently Daniel had needle marks on his arms and the guy said that either the kid was on a growth spurt or he was on male growth hormones. I don't know what to make of this....

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 sephy37

The atheist statement made absolutely no sense Gary. You hoped he went to hell, yet it's something your claiming to not believe in.

oshane_leagull

i don't believe in god, but it doesn't mean i don't believe in a heaven or a hell (which i don't). i'm not agnostic, but it doesn't mean have other beliefs. being atheist doesn't exclude me from having moral values or knowing right from wrong.

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Halo2_Norad

i don't believe in god, but it doesn't mean i don't believe in a heaven or a hell (which i don't). i'm not agnostic, but it doesn't mean have other beliefs. being atheist doesn't exclude me from having moral values or knowing right from wrong.

sephy37

what the hell did you just say????

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
Ok, this is a discussion about Benoit, not religious beliefs.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

Halo2_Norad

what the hell did you just say????

if somone doesn't believe in god, it doesn't mean they can't believe in heaven or hell. the idea of a god and an afterlife are pretty much intertwined ideas, but it doesn't mean one person can't believe one nor the other.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 sephy37
um, i've been hearing a lot of stuff about how he watched the PPV with his son and then killed him. did anyone else here about this or know if it's true?
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Total-KO
Well, his son was meant to have died on saturday and benoit on sunday morning. So maybe not.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#288 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
um, i've been hearing a lot of stuff about how he watched the PPV with his son and then killed him. did anyone else here about this or know if it's true?sephy37
I dont know if its true but I read this somewere
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
This is all so mind boggling. I keep hearing new/different things and dont know what to believe.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Total-KO

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT
By: Bob Ryder 1Wrestling.com
6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

"Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked."

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

EDIT: There are also reports that Benoit was using growth hormones on his son, Daniel. There are puncture marks on him.

District Attorney Scott Ballard was interview on CNN Headline news by Erica Hill. Here are the highlights:

- Once again, Ballard said Nancy Benoit was killed sometime on Friday, Daniel on Saturday morning, and Benoit killed himself Saturday night.

- According to the medical examiner, Nancy was found with bruise marks on her back which is consistent with a knee being placed on her back, bruising on the front of her body suggesting she had been pressed against the floor, and her neck indicated she had been strangled.

- There is no indication Daniel tried to make contact with anyone after his mother had been killed.

- There were needle marks in Daniel's arm, suggesting he was taking growth hormones for quite sometime.

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.

- Text messages from Benoit indicated that Nancy and Daniel were sick (probably sent when Nancy and Daniel had already been killed), and one messaged indicated that the pets needed to be let out.

- Dr. Alan Lipman, also interviewed by CNN, suggested that in the past, Benoit was breaking up the furniture in the home and threatening Nancy.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#291 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

Benoit injected his son with steroids.

Where is thedude_14? Surely his insight can shine some light on this horribe event

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Total-KO

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.Total-KO

Now things are getting ridiculous.

Anyone heard of spin?

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
Hold on....he injected his son with steroids. I think this is getting just a little ridiculous.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 sephy37

[QUOTE="Total-KO"]

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.Total-KO

Anyone heard of spin?

well i don't think he means chokehold as in a wrestling chokehold, more like going up behind someone, wrapping your arms around their neck and choking them.

like Sam Fisher does in the Splinter Cell series

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Halo2_Norad
[QUOTE="Total-KO"]

[QUOTE="Total-KO"]

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.sephy37

Anyone heard of spin?

well i don't think he means chokehold as in a wrestling chokehold, more like going up behind someone, wrapping your arms around their neck and choking them.

this is reality dude. not a video game.

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Total-KO

wwe.com

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 - World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

What a surprise, WWE deny any drug related causes.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"][QUOTE="Total-KO"]

[QUOTE="Total-KO"]

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.Halo2_Norad

Anyone heard of spin?

this is reality dude. not a video game.

where do you see me saying it's a video game? i was giving him an example of what i was talking about. saying it could have been a chokehold like Sam Fisher does is just a visual aid to help him see what i meant by a chokehold

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Halo2_Norad

What a surprise, WWE deny any drug related causes.

Total-KO

Typical WWE. I don't blame them but if he does, man, poop is going to hit the fan.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#299 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts
I'm at a complete loss for words. I literally paterned my wrestling style after the man. He was my idle for 9 years of my life, well over half of my life, and he was a murderer. I'm just shocked. I cried for him yesterday, and I pretty much can say I hate him today.
oshane_leagull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 oshane_leagull
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT
By: Bob Ryder 1Wrestling.com
6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

"Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked."

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

EDIT: There are also reports that Benoit was using growth hormones on his son, Daniel. There are puncture marks on him.

District Attorney Scott Ballard was interview on CNN Headline news by Erica Hill. Here are the highlights:

- Once again, Ballard said Nancy Benoit was killed sometime on Friday, Daniel on Saturday morning, and Benoit killed himself Saturday night.

- According to the medical examiner, Nancy was found with bruise marks on her back which is consistent with a knee being placed on her back, bruising on the front of her body suggesting she had been pressed against the floor, and her neck indicated she had been strangled.

- There is no indication Daniel tried to make contact with anyone after his mother had been killed.

- There were needle marks in Daniel's arm, suggesting he was taking growth hormones for quite sometime.

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.

- Text messages from Benoit indicated that Nancy and Daniel were sick (probably sent when Nancy and Daniel had already been killed), and one messaged indicated that the pets needed to be let out.

- Dr. Alan Lipman, also interviewed by CNN, suggested that in the past, Benoit was breaking up the furniture in the home and threatening Nancy.

Total-KO

I was actually watching that interview on CNN. Shocking.