hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family.

source - WWE.com MAIN HEADLINE.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

Right as I post something in the Random Thoughts thread, this goes up.

Like I said there, I don't know what to make of this, although it doesn't seem like the WWE or Benoit to go along with something like this.... I feel really sick to my stomach right now and I'm gonna be freaked out if it happen to be true (God let's hope not).

Avalanch7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Avalanch7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
oh god nooooooooooooo :cry:
danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts
this is just sad
Cpt_Oreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cpt_Oreo
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

If this is real Vince really is dead. I mean the company. Seriously the timing is terrible. First Eddie now this.....or is it fake?

Come on the writers arent that stupid.

But if it is true its a huge who done it mystery.....wow.

EDIT: I just googled it and there is no news story yet (but then again they just posted it).

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

I feel like I'm going to be sick and I'm sure at some point it might happen.... I hate to be the one to post this, but this is 100% real.... Chris Benoit has passed away.

We are still awaiting further details, but PWInsider.com is extremely saddened to report that former WWEand WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to the Benoits' family, friends, and fans at this time.

A meeting is currently ongoing at WWE TVand it is expected that tonight's three hour Raw will now be dedicated to Benoit's memory.

Credit: PWInsider.com

This is so sad and my condolences go out to any family and friends who are grieving tonight. There is obviously much more to the story with him leaving last night's Vengeance ppv and I'm sure we'll hear more in the coming days and weeks.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hbk91

Yeah...I think it's real alright -

Chris Benoit, family found dead
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Written: June 25, 2007

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight's Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

This better be fake. I think it is though. That usually isn't the way they write the messages when a wrestler dies. I'm really in shock right now though. Man I hope this is fake.

EDIT: I really don't know now, after reading on some wrestling sites it seems real, but I'm just visted about 10 Atlanta news sites and found nothing.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I desperately hope this is just WWE distastefully trying to throw a curveball into the Vince storyline. It's very sad that I don't know what to believe.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

You see, THIS is why WWE shouldn't fake deaths like Vince's. We don't know what to trust if something DOES happen.

By the way, it'll be really awkward for Vince to come out tonight, being "dead" and all. There's no doubt he'll be appearing IMO.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

oh god, i'm in total shock. tears are literally falling from my cheek right now. i can't believe this. it's so odd that he rushed home last night and then this happened? what could have happened?

RIP Chris Benoit. You were truly the greatest wrestler of your time.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I really really REALLY hope this is a sick joke, because this is just too much to handle. I don't know what to think of this...
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897

oh god, i'm in total shock. tears are literally falling from my cheek right now. i can't believe this. it's so odd that he rushed home last night and then this happened? what could have happened?

sephy37

I think it has to be murder, which makes it even worse.

Avatar image for MetalDragonKing
MetalDragonKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MetalDragonKing
Member since 2005 • 3938 Posts
I just saw this on the WWE page, this is extremely depressing news. R.I.P. Benoit.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
it sounds so fake because of the vince storyline and it being from wwe.com. but if its real, what happened? something must've happen sinc ehe went back yesterday
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

JML897

I know man thats what I was thinking... it's so surreal you see a man six days ago in better shape than most people could ever hope to be in and now he's..dead...

I swear if they even talk about Mr. McMahon tonight I'll seriously never watch their program agian.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts

I found this on PWtorch.com

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and his son Daniel were found dead today in their Atlanta home.

WWE.com reported the story moments ago on their website. Benoit, 40, missed a Saturday night house show and last night's pay-per-view in order to return home to Atlanta.

PWTorch.com can confirm through sources that Benoit's death is real and not part of a worked WWE storyline.

WWE has announced plans to scrap tonight's scheduled "Vince McMahon memorial" storyline on WWE Raw, and will address Benoit's death on the program.

No further details are available at this time.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sephy37
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="sephy37"]

zarfbloot

I know man thats what I was thinking... it's so surreal you see a man six days ago in better shape than most people could ever hope to be in and now he's..dead...

well they said he rushed home from Texas to Atlanta for a family emergency. could his family had been dead then? did Benoit commit suicide when he got there?

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hbk91
You see, THIS is why WWE shouldn't fake deaths like Vince's. We don't know what to trust if something DOES happen.

By the way, it'll be really awkward for Vince to come out tonight, being "dead" and all. There's no doubt he'll be appearing IMO.JML897

Yeah I was just going to state how playing with death isn't a wise thing since fate has a funny way of changing the circumstance at any given time. It's unbelievable really. I'm unsure as to what will happen in regards to the storyline involving Vince's 'death'. I actually think he won't make an appearance since this has all happened in such short notice for rather big changes to take place.

What was played out to be a 3 hour special memorial for Vince McMahon has turned out to be a show in memory of the late Chris Benoit and his family. I'm appalled right now if you ask me.

R.I.P Benoit and family.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wallymartin

sephy37

I think that's what has me questioning reality the most. It just seems too coincidental that he'd leave the PPV for a family emergency, then he AND the family are dead the next day. Of course, they could be related incidences, but if that's the case, whatever may have happenedwould be incomprehensibly terrible.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wwervin

I don't even know what to say... He's really gonna be missed. I hope there was no foul play even though that's what it's starting to look like. I feel sick now.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JML897
Now, I swear -- if Colin Cowherd does ANYTHING like he did after Eddie died, something has to be done. I just hope he doesn't even bring this up.
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
My God please let this not be true. Benoit was my favorite...I can't believe this.
Avatar image for gqman2121_basic
gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gqman2121_basic
Member since 2002 • 4322 Posts

This is insane. I can't believe this is happening. Why him? Why now? My god I hope he didn't take his own life.........This is just horrible. If this was a work I would be totally done with anything wrestling. It seems like it's not so I'll just say that this is the greatest loss the business has ever had.

Eddie now Benoit. If there really is a higher power. He Effing hates world class wrestlers.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wwervin

You know... just thinking about this and reading some of the posts here got me thinking, what exactly will Vince do tonight? No matter what he does, he seriously can't save himself from looking like an ass tonight. If he does show up on RAW he has to explain that the angle was a sick joke and if he doesn't appear he'd just be showing us that his stupid storylines are more important than an important part of wrestling history. Seriously... this is what he gets for mocking death. R.I.P. Benoit and family.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JML897

This is insane. I can't believe this is happening. Why him? Why now? My god I hope he didn't take his own life.........This is just horrible. If this was a work I would be totally done with anything wrestling. It seems like it's not so I'll just say that this is the greatest loss the business has ever had.

gqman2121_basic

If this is a work, it'd be the stupidest angle in pro wrestling history, without it even being close. This wouldn't help WWE's ratings or anything; it would hurt them, since many would just be disgusted and turn away. As much as it sucks, it is real.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

Oh my God. I can't believe this.

RIP Benoit, the wrestling world will always love you.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hbk91

TNA Wrestling Mourns The Untimely Loss Of Chris Benoit
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416

Everyone in the TNA family joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely passing of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son.

Many TNA staff and stars worked closely with Chris throughout his career and we are all shocked and saddened to lose a friend and legendary competitor. Benoit was considered a consummate professional both in and out of the ring. As details develop, those who knew and admired Chris are shocked and saddened to hear of he and his family's untimely passing.

Please keep Chris and the Benoit family in your thoughts and prayers during this time of tragedy.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
This cant be... real.
lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
This is just...wow... I cant describe how im feeling.. I thought like one of his family members went to the hospital and he had to come home..wtf.. this is just..wow RIP Chris Benoit... im still in shock..one of the greatest ever, RIP Benoit man... my tears and heart go out to you.. atleast you can be with Eddie and your family in a different place now.. im lost for words...
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
I am not ashamed to say that I'm crying right now. I will miss him so much. He's truly one of the best ever.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

I am not ashamed to say that I'm crying right now. I will miss him so much. He's truly one of the best ever. Chicago_Nut

Same here dude.This will be my hardest RAW to watch tonight.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

So if Benoit hadn't had left , he'd be alive....

Chris Benoit I will always remember you as that intense wrestler who would always go on to put on a great show.

Something's not left right though. A whole family doesn't just end up dead

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sephy37

So if Benoit hadn't had left , he'd be alive....

Chris Benoit I will always remember you as that intense wrestler who would always go on to put on a great show.

Something's not left right though. A whole family doesn't just end up dead

Kotenks

he probably left because his family was in trouble...or worse, dead already.

the only things that come to mind is he was either killed when he got there or he commited suicide because of the grief of his loss

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I am in total shock. With recent "Vince McMahon is Dead" angle, I am not sure what to believe - whether or not it is real or fake.

As weird as this may sound, while I am upset at the idea of someone bing this sick and twisted, I hope to God this is not real.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sephy37
i hope Vince goes on Raw tonight and says his death was just a story, but what happened to Chris Benoit and his family was real and is a real tragedy
batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
RIP Benoit, you were the best wrestler ever. You always worked hard and put on amazing shows. I just hope this is a storyline, Benoit can't be dead.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

a part of me that loves wrestling has died....wow. first eddie and now this, the pic from wrestlemania 20 will bring any wrestling fan to tears right now. how ironic is this, and just when i put a tribute to benoiton my profile. i dont even know what to say, i just hope wwe doesnt eff this up with the mcmahon BS, then ill seriously just stop watching

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hbk91

the only things that come to mind is he was either killed when he got there or he commited suicide because of the grief of his losssephy37
I don't know what's worse - the thought of suicide as an action to follow the death of his family really brings a pain to my heart. Does anyone know how old his son was? Damn, this is devastating...

I can't help recall Eddie being lined up a World Title run before his death a couple of years ago already and I can't also help revert back now to Chris being prepared for an ECW Title run just yesterday had he played Nitro's role last night. Talk about eerie coincidence.

seve15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 seve15
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
I'm in total shock, this is so sureal, I really dont know what to say
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

i hope Vince goes on Raw tonight and says his death was just a story, but what happened to Chris Benoit and his family was real and is a real tragedysephy37
I do not care how he ends it, as long as he does.

Edit: Than again, you are right. If people who follow wrestling with passion such as myself were confused whether or not it was real or fake upon hearing the news, imagine what the casual member of the audience is thinking or outsider? Yeah - I think you are right - Vince McMahon needs to make clear as he possibly can that what was going with him was purely story-line, that is was nothing more than "sports entertainment" the entire time or how ever what to pharse (I do not care how he says it - as long he makes clear that his death had always been fake and nothing more than attempt to "entertain" the audience the entire time) and that what happen to Chris Benoit and his family, is real, and that people needs realize for the tradgey it truly is.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sephy37

-

Mena, his son was only SIX

batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
This can't be storyline, but I wish it was :cry:
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

a part of me that loves wrestling has died....wow. first eddie and now this, the pic from wrestlemania 20 will bring any wrestling fan to tears right now. how ironic is this, and just when i put a tribute to benoiton my profile. i dont even know what to say, i just hope wwe doesnt eff this up with the mcmahon BS, then ill seriously just stop watching

axes03
Seriously, post that video, or not, I almost cried, I usually dont do that.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JML897
My brother just told me that someone on the wrestlecrap boards said that his wife & kid were coughing up blood on Saturday. I don't know who said it, or how trustworthy it is, but it throws a new theory into the mix.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

It wasn't enough when Sherri died for the WWE to drop the angle they have to wait for Benoit to die. This disgusts me...

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wallymartin
[QUOTE="gqman2121_basic"]

JML897

If this is a work, it'd be the stupidest angle in pro wrestling history, without it even being close. This wouldn't help WWE's ratings or anything; it would hurt them, since many would just be disgusted and turn away. As much as it sucks, it is real.

Knowing what the alternative is, I pray for that angle. Unfortunately, it looks more and more like it actually happened.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sephy37

My brother just told me that someone on the wrestlecrap boards said that his wife & kid were coughing up blood on Saturday. I don't know who said it, or how trustworthy it is, but it throws a new theory into the mix.JML897

possibly meningitis and that is very deadly and very contagious. if you have it, it takes only a day to kill. that's the first thing that comes to mind.